MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The SIX MAIN TYPES ACCORDING TO THE FBI CLASSIFICATION MANUAL:

ARSON FOR REVENGE (41%) - precipitating factor is a real or imagined affront that occured months or years ago; attack is focused on individual rivals, a business chain, schools, or some facilities connected with offender

rsbm

If we were to look at the statistics based on this information, then setting JC and car on fire would most likely be a crime of revenge. If revenge were the motive, then the question would be revenge against whom: Jessica or somebody to whom Jessica was very dear?

In a time when I and my fellow smokers often feel ashamed of our cig use, I go out of my way to dispose of my butts legally:) Dang its bad enough in this country already to be a S-M-O-K-E-R..ssssh. I sure don't wanna be stared at for throwing my butts out the window or on the ground. In my area someone would call me to task for that, you betcha, and I guess rightfully so.
:blushing:
JMO

And I appreciate it. Thank you.

From my earlier post, re other's theory that perp planned JC's death by putting flammable in car & leaving,
just depending on JC lighting ciggie, leading to fire which w/kill her.
" But depending on multiple, unpredictable factors sounds like a half-azzed idea, not much of a pre-med plan.
If it was premeditated in a serious way (not sure if plans for a burning death can be anything but serious),
wouldn't he/she/they want to get the job done, first time around
? JM2cts."

afaik, they DID get the job done first time around.... But they did get the job done.
sbm bbm

I wonder if perp(s) had made earlier attempts. Maybe something which resulted in no injuries to her at all?

When were her assault arrests? Is it poss she was reacting to someone else who perhaps instigated those disputes?
Who did she assault/batter? Sorry if already extensively discussed.

Concerned, IMO it could be revenge/hatred towards Jessica and/or those who cared deeply for her. Or she could have been noticed and chosen at random. It happens. At this point I don't think this was a crime involving a lover's quarrel or anything like that. I think someone out there is vicious and hates everyone and gloamed (literally) onto JC for whatever reason.See link RSBM:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gloaming
Examples from the web for gloaming

They usually hunt at night or during the gloaming hours of dawn and dusk.
Moons, both crescent and full, provide a thin light in the gloaming.

If I take that literally and to the extreme it is very frightening. Indeed.:moo:

When were her assault arrests? Is it poss she was reacting to someone else who perhaps instigated those disputes? Who did she assault/batter? Sorry if already extensively discussed.

Juvenile records are sealed in Mississippi.

On another note, I think "Karen" sounds like "Eric" or "Derrick."

rsbm

If we were to look at the statistics based on this information, then setting JC and car on fire would most likely be a crime of revenge. If revenge were the motive, then the question would be revenge against whom: Jessica or somebody to whom Jessica was very dear?

I think it is revenge directly against Jessica by a number of suspects, all with different motives.

If this truly involves multiple people with different motives then the entire area would contain people knowing what happened, who was involved. You know the old saying: 2 can keep a secret if 1 of them is dead. What would the real chances of many people knowing this secret and managing to keep it so?
Shades of River's Edge.
For those who might not be familiar this is the plot summary from Wikipedia:
A group of high school friends discover that they are in the presence of a killer. One of them, John, has murdered one of their friends, Jamie. He brags to them all at school about killing her, and when they discover he is telling the truth, their reactions vary. Layne, the self-proclaimed leader of the group, is intent on keeping the murder a secret and protecting John, while the rest of the group (Matt, Clarissa, Maggie, and Tony) contemplate going to the police.
:thinking:
:moo:

I have been watching/reading true crime for many years. Joined after reading every thread/message....And, after reading twitter. NO ONE is going to follow this case with all the distractions (hate) ie: Nancy Grace, 48hours, 20/20 etc. This is nuts all the racist crap. Who cares what color JC dated or killed her? The corruption in this small town/county? is enough for someone else to investigate! WTH is going on?? After watching the DA/Lead Prosecutor (Champion), Ali (ugh!), Haley (fire chief, rocking), Charlotte (Auntie ShaSha) etc. THESE VIDEOS ARE DISTURBING! All of them!!! And, the FB pics w/ $100's of dollars...what??
Agree with the other post, I'd be gone if I had to live in my car!

How can we get around all the people living in this area, I think are corrupt??!! And, get someone to come in and investigate what happened to Jessica?
Obviously they aren't doing anything...who knows why or if they will! It's the craziest murder case I have ever seen! No clue this crap was alive/thriving!
Hoping I am wrong, and arrest will be soon. But, just not convinced!

The culture in our lifetime has changed drastically. Even for teenagers like Jessica. It isn't due to race, creed or religion IMO. It's the continuing loss of hope and of ever achieving any kind of dream, much less the American dream. People are driving up and down the streets all hours of the nights blasting their choice of music, paying little to no attention to reality, ignoring safety of others whilst texting, watching dvd's from the driver's seat while "driving" etc. It's a symptom of the unfulfilled collective hopes of most generations, including the lost generation (also known not just to refer to the 1920's but to today's "generation jobless"). We were sold a bill of goods that only led to a cycle of discontent not only here but across the world.
So no it isn't race. It isn't belief. And usually most races in this country have had the opportunity to basic education and have either taken it or dropped out due to boredom and the lack of instinct. Simply put many many people do not care about the news and they make a habit of ignoring it. In fact, many do so in a way to protect themselves from all of the negativity. Those that do pay attention tend to either become paranoid and point their fingers at groups of people, which results in racism, political and religious zealotry. In theory, some of us can find the balance without falling into fanaticism on issues such as this one. As long as the pendulum stays stuck on stupid, we will continue to fall together. Rant off..sorry:facepalm:
I have faith in LE to cut thru all of the craziness and deliver justice for Jessica.:moo:

Happy new year, everyone!! :)

Had to go back over the last couple days of posts and catch up. You guys are relentless little bulldogs on this case + it's excellent! Even things that we all aren't in agreement on - it's just awesome to see how so many angles and scenarios are thoroughly examined.

Not sure where to start but I'm just picking back up + the most compelling thing I am contemplating tonight is revisiting the profile of who may have done this... I'm holding off on writing my best guess ideas at this point, but I believe the following:

1) The culprit(s) has/have already been questioned by LE. That is, if one person did this, that person has been questioned already...and if more than one person did this, at least one of them has already been questioned.
2) Jessica knew the person(s).
3) There was some degree of pre-meditation based on the use of accelerant. I don't know how precisely planned this was, but some forethought was given.
4) Whether anyone involved was a psychopath is not beyond reason, but I also would add that anyone involved may have been a long-term, habitual drug user...that can also really affect and even kill personality, and it's horrifying - that individual's sense of basic human empathy could be as damaged as that of someone with psychopathic tendencies.
5) I would be surprised if more than two people were directly involved in carrying this out.
6) He/she/they are still around, in town, etc. Sudden absence or fleeing the town would be suspicious. But then, this person/these people don't expect to be caught for this.

Happy new year, everyone!! :)
(snipped for space)
6) He/she/they are still around, in town, etc. Sudden absence or fleeing the town would be suspicious. But then, this person/these people don't expect to be caught for this.

Happy new year to you too.

What if it was somebody who doesn't live there any more but still visits sometimes? Somebody who would be expected to leave and maybe not even noticed?

I don't know whether that description fits any of the people in this case, but your comment made the thought jump into my mind.

Happy new year to you too.

What if it was somebody who doesn't live there any more but still visits sometimes? Somebody who would be expected to leave and maybe not even noticed?

I don't know whether that description fits any of the people in this case, but your comment made the thought jump into my mind.

Hmm. That's possible, of course, but I hadn't considered that so specifically. Now that I think of it, though, I'd still expect that person to have relatives or close friends in the area, and I'd expect that person to be a frequent enough visitor that his/her coming + going would be common enough not to raise suspicion. That person would still live somewhat locally (within an hour or so - Memphis isn't out of the question) - but their ties to the community and to Jessica narrows the pool of people enough that he or she wouldn't escape notice when it came to questioning possible witnesses.

Sidenote: This isn't the sort of community people seem to up + leave all that frequently, or at least leave for good. I realize that's a bit of a generalization, but I'm saying this based on my own understanding of the place.

IMOO, I think the seats were like that from the get-go. Some people like to have their seats waaaaay back, to the point that I am like, 'how can you even see or reach the steering wheel'? Either that, or they were reclined way back for another reason, but regardless, I think the seats were reclined before the fire, IMO.

I don't think this is possible. She wasn't a tall person. I'm quite short myself and I can assure you there is no way a girl could drive her car with the seat in that position. And it's not only the point of not seeing anything. It's the fact that the more you put your seat back, the more your feet get away from the gas and break pedals and also your arms from the steering wheel. Unless she was taller than I think but... otherwise, it wouldn't be possible.

Ok absentia, I'll give you that about the ear flap guy not on a cellphone.

BUT-----who puts a cig out by bending down? All you do is drop it & step on it. Did JC put the cig out on the ground & bent down to pick up whatever was left of it to smoke it later (shudder)????

Moo

lol,people do that to knock off the butt and save the cig.;)

This case has disturbed me from the very beginning, I can't imagine the suffering JC endured. I've been following it in the media since the very beginning, an tbh I am surprised LE has not focused in on a suspect, especially if she managed to give first responders a name/names. Perhaps they are just keeping quiet so as not to compromise the investigation, but the size of the town alone, the number of people they've talked to, and the access to her phone felt like they should have been enough to close this case quickly, or at least focus in on some suspects. That being said, I'm still confident that whoever killed JC will be found, hopefully sooner rather than later.

I really can't come up w. a good theory as to why this happened, but I do feel certain that JC knew her attacker/attackers, that police have probably talked to that person, and that there was premeditation. My gut tells me the most plausible theory (w. the information that LE has released) is that she was killed as some sort of revenge. Pouring accelerant down the throat and up the nose of someone (if that is actually determined to be true...i know LE has said they did not release that information) is pretty sadistic behavior to say the least. If the purpose of starting the fire was to cover up evidence, the killer would have made sure she was dead first... whoever did this clearly wanted her to suffer.

The only other thing I've thought of (but was hesitant to post as I don't want to appear disparaging to JC) is perhaps she was "partying" in her car with 1 or more & she appeared to OD???
Maybe the perp(s) freaked & wanted all evidence destroyed?
And then when they realized they were wrong (JC came out of it) they called 911 or the fire chief.

RIP JC

Moo

I suppose it's possible but I just don't buy it. We also have to assume that the perps had some sort of accelerant with them. Also, if I was with someone and they OD'd on drugs I was either doing with them or sold them, you can bet the first thing I would do is take JC's phone and destroy it, since it'd probably have evidence of being in contact with the last people she was with. I feel like people who were freaking out and high on drugs would be far more likely to just take the phone and either leave the body or hide the body.

Leaving the cell phone behind (probably one of the most valuable pieces of evidence) and not making certain JC was dead makes me doubt this was an effort to hide evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only other thing I've thought of (but was hesitant to post as I don't want to appear disparaging to JC) is perhaps she was "partying" in her car with 1 or more & she appeared to OD???
Maybe the perp(s) freaked & wanted all evidence destroyed?
And then when they realized they were wrong (JC came out of it) they called 911 or the fire chief.

RIP JC

Moo

bbm Yeah I was there sorta too, on the line of partying. Years back there were 2 boys in the neighborhood, (13-15 yrs old) and they would huff to get high, gas glue. Neighbor lady told me one day that the one boy came across the street and knocked on her door. When she opened the door she said his face was as red as a beet and he reeked of gasoline. He had a cigarette and asked for a light. She said she told him he smelled like he had rolled in gas and if he lit a cigarette he would probably explode. She had no idea about huffing. IDK JMO

Speaking of corruption, apparently MI is no stranger to corruption...http://fortune.com/2014/06/10/most-...014/11/06/mdoc-corruption-deep-wide/18606751/
I have been watching/reading true crime for many years. Joined after reading every thread/message....And, after reading twitter. NO ONE is going to follow this case with all the distractions (hate) ie: Nancy Grace, 48hours, 20/20 etc. This is nuts all the racist crap. Who cares what color JC dated or killed her? The corruption in this small town/county? is enough for someone else to investigate! WTH is going on?? After watching the DA/Lead Prosecutor (Champion), Ali (ugh!), Haley (fire chief, rocking), Charlotte (Auntie ShaSha) etc. THESE VIDEOS ARE DISTURBING! All of them!!! And, the FB pics w/ $100's of dollars...what??
Agree with the other post, I'd be gone if I had to live in my car!

How can we get around all the people living in this area, I think are corrupt??!! And, get someone to come in and investigate what happened to Jessica?
Obviously they aren't doing anything...who knows why or if they will! It's the craziest murder case I have ever seen! No clue this crap was alive/thriving!
Hoping I am wrong, and arrest will be soon. But, just not convinced!

Leischa, you make good points, and I do agree that Jessica could not have reached the peddles with the seat scooted that far back. I am just thinking that perhaps the seats were like that before the fire, rather than being jolted back as a result of the fire. It's just a thought... I have little knowledge of fires and the damage they cause.

I don't think this is possible. She wasn't a tall person. I'm quite short myself and I can assure you there is no way a girl could drive her car with the seat in that position. And it's not only the point of not seeing anything. It's the fact that the more you put your seat back, the more your feet get away from the gas and break pedals and also your arms from the steering wheel. Unless she was taller than I think but... otherwise, it wouldn't be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight