MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that Jessica may have been going to Clarksdale or another town to visit a mentor or friend from Leah's House for a quick talk/dinner? I am trying to figure out the $14 in gas as opposed to the $5 to head up to Batesville for work at Goody's.

Welcome. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. They make a lot of sense. I wish we knew more what leads LE is chasing down, but short of that, your hunch and others' that it involves a jealousy situation would mean two people besides Jessica, of course the victim in this, would have had to have been involved, two selfish, and at least one murderous freak among them. I tend to agree with you on your views re the gang angle, and other points, and would like you to know your pitching in is appreciated. Clueless company loves the same :)

Thank you for the welcome! I do think more than one person was involved, and I think they're both male and female. I mean, anything is possible, and there could very well be some sort of cover-up going on, but I'm not buying that right now. I think LE probably has an idea, but they just don't have enough evidence to charge anyone yet. I hope someone talks soon. I tend to think that there's no way in that small of a town, there's absolutely no chatter whatsoever about who did it. Unless we're all wrong and it was really just someone passing through, I think they will solve it eventually.

Sounds reasonable, so working the timeline back from a little after 8:10 pm, when she was found, to when she spoke to her mom last at around 7:10 pmish, that would leave about an hour for the drive to and from Clarksdale from Courtland, plus the time it would take to pull off the road on Herron, start the fire and get away, how would that have worked, do you think? Have you called the tip line yet about your very strong hunches?

I am attempting to rationalize the $14 in gas. Having driven from Courtland to Clarksdale on a return, I would have enough gas for a return to Batesville for work. However, I think Jessica never made it to Clarksdale.

I think the fire encounter took less than five minutes. JMO

I am attempting to rationalize the $14 in gas. Having driven from Courtland to Clarksdale on a return, I would have enough gas for a return to Batesville for work. However, I think Jessica never made it to Clarksdale.

I think the fire encounter took less than five minutes. JMO

Did you pick Clarksdale for its vicinity alone or for another reason? The reason I ask is that it isn't a likely place to go to at night (unless it's blues festival time, which it wasn't ). I live in the MS Delta, not too far from Courtland, 1.5 hrs maybe. Clarksdale is known for its high crime rate and gang problems. (See website for details http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Clarksdale-Mississippi.html).

If she was going out of town but still nearby, I'd guess Batesville or Oxford, just from knowing the area.

To no one in particular, why do some of you think she was going to meet someone from Leah's House?

It is interesting to read everyone's thoughts. I'm at a bit of a loss at this point though because we don't have much concrete info to go on. Very frustrating. Feels like spinning wheels until we can know more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot to add: About how much gas she purchased, I can understand wanting to fill up on gas for the week for work. I don't want to waste time getting gas the morning of.

$14 worth of gas may have been the amount she thought she needed to get to work for the week.

I am pretty sure that the fire chief thought it was just a car fire, extinguish it and be back home for supper.....

That's what I understand as well. If the 911 call mentioned someone on fire, there would have been an ambulance on its way along with the fire department. I don't remember hearing of an ambulance being sent before the fire chief got to the scene and realized one was needed. (?)

That's what I understand as well. If the 911 call mentioned someone on fire, there would have been an ambulance on its way along with the fire department. I don't remember hearing of an ambulance being sent before the fire chief got to the scene and realized one was needed. (?)

The cause of the fire is not known. According to Panola County Sheriff Dennis Darby, a passing motorist alerted his department and the fire department to the scene. Darby says by the time rescue workers got on the scene the car was fully engulfed in flames.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/2...ting-death-of-woman-found-burned-near-her-car

bbm It would seem that the passing motorist is a cop? It seems that Jessica was not visible to him when he passed by. jmo idk

I wonder why the person that passed the scene that night has not been identified.

Ray Charles IMO is an inversion of a name of an individual arrested the same day as someone else who has been speculated about. possibly they are connected.

I have been following this case from day one, both on this site, through MSM, and any other links I can find with any sort of useful information. I was drawn to WS after reading about Delano Wilson, (irrelevant to this post, I know). Anyways, after months of reading all of your posts, I finally joined a few days ago, and I am just now having a chance to post anything. I, along with many of you, am baffled by this whole case, and I am hopeful that it does not end up being another unsolved crime. To respond to this particular post, regarding the 'Ray Charles' comment, I worked with the homeless youth population for quite some time, and they reference 'Ray Charles' in their conversations as to being blind to something, or as to not be aware of something, or to be unknowing. Ex: 'She is Ray Charles to the fact that you have a crush on her". MOO, as per what I have observed. Also, from the outside looking in, it seems as though the person posting this did so at random, and out of nowhere threw out some random information, 420, Ray Charles, etc., that does not pertain at all to Jessica or this case, IMO. Moving on...

I have been following this case from day one, both on this site, through MSM, and any other links I can find with any sort of useful information. I was drawn to WS after reading about Delano Wilson, (irrelevant to this post, I know). Anyways, after months of reading all of your posts, I finally joined a few days ago, and I am just now having a chance to post anything. I, along with many of you, am baffled by this whole case, and I am hopeful that it does not end up being another unsolved crime. To respond to this particular post, regarding the 'Ray Charles' comment, I worked with the homeless youth population for quite some time, and they reference 'Ray Charles' in their conversations as to being blind to something, or as to not be aware of something, or to be unknowing. Ex: 'She is Ray Charles to the fact that you have a crush on her". MOO, as per what I have observed. Also, from the outside looking in, it seems as though the person posting this did so at random, and out of nowhere threw out some random information, 420, Ray Charles, etc., that does not pertain at all to Jessica or this case, IMO. Moving on...

Welcome to Websleuths!

I so agree.

As an avid fisherman I would like to know what Fowler was using for night time Crappie fishing. If the answer is minnows then a bait shop should have footage or a remembrance of her purchase. She should also have a minnow bucket, I never use worms for targeting Crappie. Some half full worm boxes or even Crappie in the freezer would help eliminate her. I'll state again, Hurron road would be a terrible route to get to Lake Enwid.

<snip>

BBM
SBM

She seems to be a fairly avid angler, I too would like to know what bait she used, but I don't think it's critical. She probably had something on hand, or could claim to. Her choice of route is greatly influenced by where she started from or other stops she made en route. If LE thinks her story the least bit suspicious, you can guarantee that she'll be investigated fully and thoroughly. In a case where they have "so few leads" to go on, you could safely bet your last dollar that they're going to give every one they have maximum scrutiny. By publicly making the statements she has, and going to inspect the scene as soon as she did, she made herself a POI even if she wasn't named as one. Anyone who visited the scene to gawk did so, arson is one of those rare crimes where the perpetrator actually does return to the scene. The location connection helps to relive the excitement of the crime more vividly.

Now, I'm going to find something to discuss inside the TOS

Soon I will be celebrating 10 years with Websleuths. Lacy Peterson brought me here and I never left. I do not want to get all 'gushy' but Webseluths is amazing. Enough said.:smile:

This is a little like speaking up in class. Sure,you are open to ridicule but if you link to mainstream media and tag your post as your own opinion it's cool! Many years ago I was a TA in a Fortran (yes, on mainframes before PC's)Programming class. I made it clear I wanted to hear what people people had to said. I would leave it to another curriculum/dept to knock off points for writing technique. (God bless good writers but it not a prerequisite).I just wanted to listen and help.

That's the way Websleuths is just give us your opinion. We're here for the same reason 'justice' and to be victim friendly. MOO

:fireworks: :wagon: :party: :welcome6::welcome4: :greetings:

Edit: I was attempting to reply to post #251. I am still new to this, so please bear with me.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/20/shooting-at-panola-county-store-kills-2-injures-2/

Check out this link. This is an article from Sep. 20. I am in no way inferring that this shooting is related to the crimes committed against Jessica, I just wanted to point out that this is a MSM article that does, in fact, refer to gang activity in Panola County. &#8220;We are in the early stages of the investigation, but there is a possibility of it being gang-related,&#8221; Darby said. Understandably, we can only post links from MSM, where I will be looking for pictures of the citizens of Courtland proudly flashing their gang signs, mainly for the GD,s and VL's. Again, I spent many of my undergraduate years working with homeless youth from all around the US, and I unfortunately have extensive knowledge of gang culture. I do, however, agree with you in that a majority of those persons in Cortland may not be 'true' gang members, as it is not uncommon for small towns to adapt a 'spin-off', if you will, of larger, more 'real' gangs. "Local groups of youths often imitate big city gangs, generally in an attempt to enhance their self-image or to seek popularity and acceptance among their peers (https://www.nationalgangcenter.gov/Content/Documents/Gangs-in-Small-Towns-and-Rural-Counties.pdf)". Pair this with the fact that there are some assumed higher-ups of actual gangs, such as Mr. Mister, who are currently living there, and two and two may equal four. Further, the local paper has and article from a year or two ago that has been linked here already, stating that Mr. Mister is believed to be a leader of the Vice Lords (http://www.panolian.com/editionview...871&Page=900633b3-6c2a-4674-81e8-2fe46d490dc1). I would think, respectfully, that to rule out gang activity in this area is irresponsible, IMO.

Full interview with District Attorney John Champion linked below. Now more than ever i have concerns how this case was and is being handled. Finally some mainstream media that we can discuss!!

Complete interview here: http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/Clip/...t-attorney-john-champion#.VKIvEkFiSew.twitter

News story with clips of above interview: http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/27725293/subpoenas-lab-results-in-jessica-chambers-murder-case-may-provide-more-clues

It's amazing the level of competency that guy generates in an interview. :( Well at least they put the damage to the car angle to sleep. Other than that it was the same old can't talk about it spiel. Well that and repeating the fact that all questioned have been cooperative. Hopefully they find something credible to investigate soon. Sheesh

Once again, I was trying to reply to post 273. Jeez, I WILL get the hang of this.

Thanks for the warm welcome. It seems as though giving my opinion here is tricky, as it has to be backed up by mainstream media, which as in the case with Jessica, MSM has been lackluster at best. I think that some pictures would be helpful, but as they aren't easy to find on MSM, they can't be posted here. If a person chooses to post a picture of themselves online, I see that as fair game. That being said, I do not have a FB, never have, and do not want one. However, I have seen countless pictures brought up on other forms of social media via FB of the many characters mentioned here, and I feel that a picture can at times speak a thousand words. I completely understand why FB comment and such are off limits here, which is one of the reasons I bit the bullet and joined instead of continuing to lurk. It keeps people on track, focussing on facts.

Does anyone else find the DA extremely cocky, especially when he is questioned about the tow truck driver stopping at the gas station? He also didn't make sense regarding the different date on the video. In one breath he says they went back out to the gas station to view it when the newstation brought the discrepancy to their attention, but in the other breath he says they already had the hard drive. If you have the entire hard drive, why would you need to go back to view it at the gas station?

BBM. You wouldn't, his whole response to that query seemed contrived and confusing. If they had already pulled the drive, unless they duped it and returned it, it wouldn't have been available for review. I've never even seen a DVR with RAID so my guess is his answer was inaccurate or just plain old BS. I'd be embarrassed as hell if I had a reporter ask me, did you guys only care about this after I brought it to you?

It's amazing the level of competency that guy generates in an interview. :( Well at least they put the damage to the car angle to sleep. Other than that it was the same old can't talk about it spiel. Well that and repeating the fact that all questioned have been cooperative. Hopefully they find something credible to investigate soon. Sheesh

Aw Joe,you mean you didn't feel all warm and fuzzy after Darby chatted up/smoozed/ kissed up with the camera folks? Talk about a tough audience. :wink: Me neither. MOO

Aw Joe,you mean you didn't feel all warm and fuzzy after Darby chatted up/smoozed/ kissed up with the camera folks? Talk about a tough audience. :wink: Me neither. MOO

Well, I did get warm, then my tongue felt sort of fuzzy... Then I hurled. Fighting the flu here still. All jocularity aside, the guy sickens me with his laissez faire law enforcement attitude. The crime is not going to solve itself, no one is going to strut on in and say, Joe Jocularity did it, because if that was going to happen it would have happened already. They're going to have to shake some people up if they expect anything to develop. Just re-examining material that got you nowhere for the last 20 some days isn't going to cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annabella2320