MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 hours after the fire she was pronounced dead on SM, although she lived 4 more hours. simple game of telephone is the reason for that I guess.

It's never known when fingerprints were left.

In the plus column is that she had just gotten the car back from her dad. Where was it kept and had it been cleaned between the time he took it away and it was returned to her. That narrows down a timeline significantly and some people would have no reason to have their fingerprints or DNA on it. If any can be found.

In the negative column: I keep reading that we the public, expect the same forensics as detailed on TV shows and it just doesn't happen. But, I always wonder that if they show this equipment being used on TV and it's equipment that small towns and even larger cities don't have then the FBI must have access. And the FBI has been involved for weeks now, so maybe there's hope?

if you ask me to believe one of the following:

A. LE/EMS officers blab to gas station manager that Jessica Chambers' car was on fire and she was burned and had accelerant poured down her throat
or
B. AA had prior knowledge of the plan and the intent to kill, therefore knew details no one should have known, and assumed her death 4 hours before she died,

I would believe option B.

more confusion about what the 911 caller said/saw:
and reference to the Fly High reference. no FB page by that name mentioned.

"She was still alive when a passing motorist saw her lying near her burning Kia Rio sedan about 8:15 p.m. Dec. 7, and she spoke to rescue workers, District Attorney John Champion has said."
http://www.cleveland.com/nation/index.ssf/2014/12/funeral_for_jessica_chambers_1.html

This is the first I've heard of the passing motorist seeing Jessica lying near her burning car. If s/he just reported a car fire, and the fire cheif spoke as if he expected to find just a car fire, not that a person lying near the car. SMH at how many MSM reports we can't even rely on. It's been reported so many different ways by so many different MSM.

BBM. Jessica was a 19-year-old who lived with her mother and worked at a department store. Being alone in her own vehicle in her own community is hardly what I consider to be "living a high risk lifestyle."

Did anyone else live with Jessica and her mother?

I merely mentioned my own daughter to point out that Jessica was not any different than the millions of other young women her age who find themselves in abusive relationships. They do learn from their mistakes and their friends' mistakes and walking alone into a bar of drunks is not something many are willing to do.
I don't see how wild speculation that she was in a bar that night contributes to a better understanding of what happened to Jessica nor is it fair to her. There is no evidence she was in a bar or that she had been drinking. The Backwoods Bar is located in another community north of Batesville, MS. Jessica was seen in Courtland, she lived in Courtland and her burned car and body were found in Courtland.

JMO

I agree that there is no evidence that JC was at the Backwoods Bar & Grill that night. Until more information is released, we do not have evidence of anything whatsoever, after she left the M&M, and frankly, even that evidence is shakey, seeing as there may or may not be footage missing during the time that JC was there.
I never intended to imply that JC was drinking that night. I had commented previously, in response to another member's question, that I would not rule out underage drinking at a bar in Panola County, and also that the Backwoods is a grill as well, so perhaps she grabbed a bite to eat?
I am not certain, but the member who initially brought up the Backwoods as a location to consider, could have been doing so as is was familiar to JC and her family, and it would allow for the extra gas she allegedly purchased- but again, I do not know, as I had not ever even heard of the place until it was suggested via WS.
You make a good point regarding the facts that JC's car was burned in Courtland, she lived in Courtland, and she was last documented as having been seen in Courtland. This makes me hope that when conducting their detailed investigation of the crime scene and her vehicle, investigators documented the amount of gas remaining in the gas tank of her Kia. This, along with any further surveillance videos they may have, would be very helpful in creating an actual timeline of Jessica's last hours.
Once again, thank you for sharing with us your daughter's DV struggles. Her resilience as a survivor will stick with her forever. Women such as herself give victims hope and faith that they too can escape their situations.

This is the first I've heard of the passing motorist seeing Jessica lying near her burning car. If s/he just reported a car fire, and the fire cheif spoke as if he expected to find just a car fire, not that a person lying near the car. SMH at how many MSM reports we can't even rely on. It's been reported so many different ways by so many different MSM.

I suppose he's been asked if he recognized the voice. Or if the number showed up on caller ID.

I agree that there is no evidence that JC was at the Backwoods Bar & Grill that night. Until more information is released, we do not have evidence of anything whatsoever, after she left the M&M, and frankly, even that evidence is shakey, seeing as there may or may not be footage missing during the time that JC was there.
I never intended to imply that JC was drinking that night. I had commented previously, in response to another member's question, that I would not rule out underage drinking at a bar in Panola County, and also that the Backwoods is a grill as well, so perhaps she grabbed a bite to eat?
I am not certain, but the member who initially brought up the Backwoods as a location to consider, could have been doing so as is was familiar to JC and her family, and it would allow for the extra gas she allegedly purchased- but again, I do not know, as I had not ever even heard of the place until it was suggested via WS.
You make a good point regarding the facts that JC's car was burned in Courtland, she lived in Courtland, and she was last documented as having been seen in Courtland. This makes me hope that when conducting their detailed investigation of the crime scene and her vehicle, investigators documented the amount of gas remaining in the gas tank of her Kia. This, along with any further surveillance videos they may have, would be very helpful in creating an actual timeline of Jessica's last hours.
Once again, thank you for sharing with us your daughter's DV struggles. Her resilience as a survivor will stick with her forever. Women such as herself give victims hope and faith that they too can escape their situations.

We do have a timeline and evidence where she was seen and found. She wasn't seen at any bar. A roundtrip to Sardis would take at least 40 minutes and it was in the opposite direction of where she was found on Herron Rd.

I never said my daughter struggles with domestic violence. I said she had an abusive boyfriend as a teenager. She sought help and got it. Just as did Jessica, according to her parent. To assume a teenager who has experienced an abusive boyfriend will then buy gas and drive 20 miles to eat alone in a bar in another town isn't logical. I don't believe Jessica would place herself in such a situation. If she was hungry, the Sonic she was so fond of in Batesville (according to LF) was much closer.

I have no idea why a bar in Sardis was mentioned as a possible location on this forum when it has NEVER been mentioned by LE or Jessica's family. It falls into the category of rumor-mongering, imo.

Backwoods was mentioned as a location where you could watch the big game that night.

Backwoods was mentioned as a location where you could watch the big game that night.

Mentioned where? Is there a media article that mentions Jessica was seeking a place to watch a game? I missed that. Thanks.

B&SBM

What has always bothered me about that is.... Jessica was not dead. She died in the hospital the next day.

Considering what she endured, she may have "appeared very dead" prior to the arrival of EMTs. I can imagine her losing consciousness and surrendering to her fate shortly after first responders arrived. She may have been catatonic, comatose, possibly suffering cardiogenic, neurogenic shock or any combination of the above. Who knows how many times she "died" or was resuscitated before she finally succumbed.

This laptop of mine really needs a reboot, it's crawling. UGH.

Alright, so I have been thinking about the culture of the area (e.g., big-time football, SEC, cheerleading) and the day of the attack, December 6. A reasonable person would ask, "What happened December 6th in terms of college football?" December 6th was the championship weekend (including the SEC, Alabama v. Missouri at the Georgia Dome at 4:00 EST).
A reasonable person would assume that people like to drink while watching college football (and perhaps engage in other substance-taking activities). I am guessing by 7:30 p.m., a good Pareto optimal sample size of the area is blitzed.

I was also thinking about where one would hang out. I think Backwoods Bar and Grill in Sardis works. $14 in gas would get me to Backwoods and back with room to spare. JMO

I believe this is where Backwood's was introduced into the discussion.

Considering what she endured, she may have "appeared very dead" prior to the arrival of EMTs. I can imagine her losing consciousness and surrendering to her fate shortly after first responders arrived. She may have been catatonic, comatose, possibly suffering cardiogenic, neurogenic shock or any combination of the above. Who knows how many times she "died" or was resuscitated before she finally succumbed.

That is what I had wondered, FFJ, if she could have been in and out. up, walking around on fire. On the ground near her car. One article stated she approached first responders. Very confusing. Was she standing as her feet not being burned suggests? On fire or not on fire when responders arrived?

Yes, I could imagine this too. It wouldn't explain why law-enforcement would tell Ali she was dead.

At this link Ali is quoted as saying law-enforcement informed him of Jessica's death when they came in around 11 and said we need to look those tapes. I thought the police weren't even aware of the tapes till after the media got a hold of them.
bbm
thank you

Having gone back and read from page 1 of this thread, looking for "something" that didn't fit, one thing jumped out.

Fire Chief Cole Haley is the one who received the call on his personal cell reporting the car fire. Therefore, no recording. We do not actually know what was said. This raises big questions for me??

Second, the fire chief sees Jessica first and reports she said names to him, however, he only reports name sounds like Eric.

So here we have one person with the only two pieces of critical information available on this case, and there is no proof to back him up!

Something seems wrong in this case! I did not like Chief Haley's interview and mannerism. Then latter he tells us the caller had been cleared that made the call about the fire. My hunky meter is not settling down over this scenario. Something does not fit! Any ideas to go with my ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Let the light shine