MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, given all of the information that we have gathered thus far, I would not rule out a 19 year old being served at a bar anywhere near Panola County. Also, given the name 'Bar & Grill', it could easily be a restaurant as well, and she had mentioned getting something to eat to her mother (according to her mother's statements). Not sure about being outnumbered by men, either, as I recently went to pick up an 'over-served' relative at a sports bar on a big game-day, and there were what seemed to me to be equal male and female patrons. Just a thought...

You really think a small town, family-owned operation is going to risk losing their liquor license by serving alcohol to minors? I don't. I also don't believe there is any evidence whatsoever that Jessica drove north of Batesville into Sardis just to get something to eat. There is no evidence of that trip at all.

I don't have to think outside my own realm of experience, thanks.
my daughter, cheerleader and Jessica, cheerleader. Check.
my daughter, abusive boyfriend, Jessica, abusive boyfriend. Check.
my daughter sought shelter to get away, Jessica, sought shelter to get away. Check.

What exactly are you saying JC "seems to have done" that would be indicative of willingness to walk alone into a bar in another small town? Sounds an awful lot like victim bashing to me.

JMO

MOO, I have no idea where Jessica before she was murdered. Until I see video footage, I'm not sure I will wholeheartedly believe anything. While we are using this forum to dissect every piece of information that we can get our hands on, I am always open to considering different hypotheses and ideas. When considering the Bar & Grill, I am open minded, as it is apparent that she was familiar with the place, and the owners and/or employees appear to have been quite fond of she and her family (I am going off of the fact that they held fundraisers for her family there, and referenced as to having seen her grow from a sweet child to a beautiful woman). It seems to me as likely of a destination as anywhere else we have suggested.
My heart aches for you for having to watch your own daughter go through similar tribulations as JC. Domestic violence is a harsh reality that is not discussed enough, in my opinion, especially in the occurrences of younger women and girls. I praise you for speaking up on her behalf, and for sharing the similarities between JC and your daughter. This is important for so many reasons. Whether or not JC's death had anything to do with her past DV is up in the air IMO; regardless, thank you for emphasizing the fact that JC's sad circumstances preceding her death could have happened to your daughter, my daughter, or anyone else's.

Jessica's Aunt Deborah Sanders said that she and Lisa Chambers, Jessica's mother, were with her when she "took her last breath". I took that to mean at The Med because I doubt the helicopter flight crew were waiting around for family to show up before they left.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jessica-chambers-teen-burned-death-mourned-funeral-n267811

yes. JC's mom was at the Med when JC died at approx 2AM 12/8.
I think AA knew JC was supposed to die and was probably dead. I think he's been cleared as a witness and is being protected bc clearly he had inside info before the facts came out. I think the persons responsible for her death threatened his life.

I don't have to think outside my own realm of experience, thanks.
my daughter, cheerleader and Jessica, cheerleader. Check.
my daughter, abusive boyfriend, Jessica, abusive boyfriend. Check.
my daughter sought shelter to get away, Jessica, sought shelter to get away. Check.

What exactly are you saying JC "seems to have done" that would be indicative of willingness to walk alone into a bar in another small town? Sounds an awful lot like victim bashing to me.

JMO

I hope she's doing ok. scary situations.

The one thing that becomes very clear to me is that whoever did this to Jessica went beyond what is necessary to kill her. I am referring to the gas/lf down her throat. That makes it personal and it indicates that the offender wanted her to suffer. I have no doubt she knew the offender as well. Jessica lived a very high risk lifestyle and put herself at risk that night by being a lone female driving down a dark road. The offender seems to have taken his time and tried to make sure any evidence in the vehicle was destroyed by fire.

I believe Jessica was set on fire outside the vehicle.
If she were sitting inside the car and an accellerant like gasoline were poured everywhere, she couldn't have gotten out. The explosion would have covered her with flames and fuel. She would have died within seconds. I may change my mind on this but at this point, that is what I see.

BBM. Jessica was a 19-year-old who lived with her mother and worked at a department store. Being alone in her own vehicle in her own community is hardly what I consider to be "living a high risk lifestyle."

This post is all just my opinion.

I just keep this little list handy.

i just tweek it every now and then.

Not that it amounts to a hill of beans but it gives me a boilerplate to revise.

Means,motive and opportunity
1)Means :burned

2)Motive :extreme rage,jealously,paraoid,desperation

3)Opportunity:Stalking (I have absolutely no information that Jessica was being stalked by anyone. I am brainstorming using my probability theory (hinky~meter)& this idea has stuck with me)
Examples:

• i.e. Use social networking sites and technology to track you.
  • i.e. Spread rumors about you via the internet or word of mouth.
  • i.e. Use other people as resources to investigate your life. For example, looking at your facebook page through someone else’s page or befriending your friends in order to get more information about you believe more than one person is involved
  • :moo: Oh,I also believe more than one adult was involved & if given that as a possibility my heart breaks for the damaging effect it would have on any children. Boy,that was a hard sentence for me to write. :sigh:

I agree. but if adults with their own children can do this, their children are better off in alternative care, if and when they are incarcerated.

The one thing that becomes very clear to me is that whoever did this to Jessica went beyond what is necessary to kill her. I am referring to the gas/lf down her throat. That makes it personal and it indicates that the offender wanted her to suffer. I have no doubt she knew the offender as well. Jessica lived a very high risk lifestyle and put herself at risk that night by being a lone female driving down a dark road. The offender seems to have taken his time and tried to make sure any evidence in the vehicle was destroyed by fire.

I believe Jessica was set on fire outside the vehicle.
If she were sitting inside the car and an accellerant like gasoline were poured everywhere, she couldn't have gotten out. The explosion would have covered her with flames and fuel. She would have died within seconds. I may change my mind on this but at this point, that is what I see.

I agree that JC was prob set on fire outside the car. logistically it's too hard to figure it out if she was in the car and so was the perp.
but, her lifestyle was probably normal for that area. one could argue being born into her family put her at risk....

Medivac units are way too small inside to allow passengers. so it had to be at the hospital.
I read somewhere, but can not confirm that she was on life support, (probably due to lung damage) and they ended up pulling the plug.

I originally thought JC's mom spoke with her at the hospital, but I don't think so. The last convo was on the phone, but mom was at the hospital. that's why when she says there was no gash or head trauma, it's confusing. did Dad see JC in the Med? why did he think there was a gash? from EMT's? Docs? LE?

It kind of sounds like maybe several of the emergency workers, not just the tow truck driver, stopped at the gas station for drinks, bathrooms, whatever? They would have been talking among themselves and could have been overheard.

possibly. but if so, bad form!

if it were a cheerleading page, why did it come down so fast?

also, why would she still have a cheerleading page after being out of school for a couple years, and therefore not on the cheer team anymore?

You really think a small town, family-owned operation is going to risk losing their liquor license by serving alcohol to minors? I don't. I also don't believe there is any evidence whatsoever that Jessica drove north of Batesville into Sardis just to get something to eat. There is no evidence of that trip at all.

MyBell, I was not tryng to imply that the Backwoods Bar & Grill sells alcohol to minors. I am also not implying that Jessica herself was drinking that night (or if she was a drinker at all). I was speaking broadly, saying that I would not rule out a 19 year old being served at a bar anywhere near Panola County. Based solely on the information presented from MSM regarding this area, serving liquor to a minor is on the long list of misdeeds taking place around there.

So, to answer your question, I do think that a small-town, family owned operation would risk losing their liquor license by serving alcohol to minors. It has certainly happened before, and I would not rule it out as happening again (not necessarily Backwoods specifically, broadly referencing small town bars in general). I don't, however, have any reason to think that JC was drinking, or went there to drink, or was even there that night. Maybe she was, maybe she wasn't. I have no reason to believe she was, and I have no reason to rule it out as an option as I am typing this post.

All I am confident with saying is that she was familiar with the Backwoods, and they were familiar with her. It is located within the realm of distance that the amount of gas she purchased would allow for her to travel. Then again, there are a lot of places that fit that bill as well. As of right now, there is no evidence of anything after she left the M&M. She could have been abducted by aliens or Bigfoot for all we know. :dunno:

MOO, I have no idea where Jessica before she was murdered. Until I see video footage, I'm not sure I will wholeheartedly believe anything. While we are using this forum to dissect every piece of information that we can get our hands on, I am always open to considering different hypotheses and ideas. When considering the Bar & Grill, I am open minded, as it is apparent that she was familiar with the place, and the owners and/or employees appear to have been quite fond of she and her family (I am going off of the fact that they held fundraisers for her family there, and referenced as to having seen her grow from a sweet child to a beautiful woman). It seems to me as likely of a destination as anywhere else we have suggested.
My heart aches for you for having to watch your own daughter go through similar tribulations as JC. Domestic violence is a harsh reality that is not discussed enough, in my opinion, especially in the occurrences of younger women and girls. I praise you for speaking up on her behalf, and for sharing the similarities between JC and your daughter. This is important for so many reasons. Whether or not JC's death had anything to do with her past DV is up in the air IMO; regardless, thank you for emphasizing the fact that JC's sad circumstances preceding her death could have happened to your daughter, my daughter, or anyone else's.

I merely mentioned my own daughter to point out that Jessica was not any different than the millions of other young women her age who find themselves in abusive relationships. They do learn from their mistakes and their friends' mistakes and walking alone into a bar of drunks is not something many are willing to do.

I don't see how wild speculation that she was in a bar that night contributes to a better understanding of what happened to Jessica nor is it fair to her. There is no evidence she was in a bar or that she had been drinking. The Backwoods Bar is located in another community north of Batesville, MS. Jessica was seen in Courtland, she lived in Courtland and her burned car and body were found in Courtland.

JMO

This post is all just my opinion.

I just keep this little list handy.

i just tweek it every now and then.

Not that it amounts to a hill of beans but it gives me a boilerplate to revise.

Means,motive and opportunity
1)Means :burned

2)Motive :extreme rage,jealously,paraoid,desperation

3)Opportunity:Stalking (I have absolutely no information that Jessica was being stalked by anyone. I am brainstorming using my probability theory (hinky~meter)& this idea has stuck with me)
Examples:

• i.e. Use social networking sites and technology to track you.
  • i.e. Spread rumors about you via the internet or word of mouth.
  • i.e. Use other people as resources to investigate your life. For example, looking at your facebook page through someone else’s page or befriending your friends in order to get more information about you believe more than one person is involved
  • :moo: Oh,I also believe more than one adult was involved & if given that as a possibility my heart breaks for the damaging effect it would have on any children. Boy,that was a hard sentence for me to write. :sigh:

Well, I for one keep getting hung up on "means"---> burning. It is an unusual (but not unheard of) way to kill someone.

And because of that, I keep questioning who felt comfortable around fire? Perps use the "means" that they are comfortable with. Who has used fire in the past? Who has been burned before?

moo

Do we know who Jessica's boyfriend was after BR?

I must have missed it!

I've heard, but it's not from MSM, so it can't be posted here. Also, I don't know if it's true or not.

I'm baffled what point you are trying to make. It is a fact that Jessica's car was found on Herron Rd, west of Courtland. Leah's House is south of Courtland, in Oakland, on Hwy 51. The Backwoods Bar is north of Courtland, in Sardis, also north on Hwy 51. Nobody has said Jessica was seen in any bar, anywhere, the night she was murdered.

I agree, the locations of most of the recent hypothesis that have been introduced to this forum are, geographically, all over the place. It is confusing to me and I have had to refer to google maps so many times that it now has its own icon on my iPad. This case is particularly hard for us sleuthers to crack, as we have no information given to us pertaining to where she was after leaving M&M. Nobody has come out and said that they saw her later that evening, no surveillance videos have been released-nothing. Until we are given more information to go on, here we are, throwing ideas around, seeing if anything sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Let the light shine