MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see where my sentence structure led you to believe that I suggested that she drove to both locations one after the other. But I really meant just that she could not have driven to either one. Each is approximately one half hour away. A roundtrip would be approximately an hour.

Google times Crowder as 24 mins (roundtrip 48), and Charleston 28 mins (roundtrip 56). So I suppose that leaves Jessica with approximately a half hour.

So you win. :drumroll: I concede. :blushing:

I can't come up with a better explanation of her being headed east on Herron Rd. She told AA she was headed "somewhere" but didn't tell him where she was going or who she was going to see. AA said he considered her a friend. But did she view him the same way? Just as racism is rampant in the south, so is religious intolerance and distrust on all sides. Considering she could have been coming back from Charleston and the minister's name is Eric, it is not something that should be ignored.

JMO

Alright, so I have been thinking about the culture of the area (e.g., big-time football, SEC, cheerleading) and the day of the attack, December 6. A reasonable person would ask, "What happened December 6th in terms of college football?" December 6th was the championship weekend (including the SEC, Alabama v. Missouri at the Georgia Dome at 4:00 EST).

A reasonable person would assume that people like to drink while watching college football (and perhaps engage in other substance-taking activities). I am guessing by 7:30 p.m., a good Pareto optimal sample size of the area is blitzed.

I was also thinking about where one would hang out. I think Backwoods Bar and Grill in Sardis works. $14 in gas would get me to Backwoods and back with room to spare. JMO

I took it as it wasn't a cheerleading page, but a hastily put together memorial paged named for the purpose of honoring both the passing of her life and her cheerleading ability. I don't think the page existed before she died, but was put up after by whomever? I could be wrong as I never saw it.

Is it usual to also take a memorial page down so quickly?

I want to thank everyone for allowing me to babble as much as I do. I live alone and do not have anyone to talk to.

I enjoy having this opportunity here at WS, to share with you, but I also know when it is time to go.

I will return when I have done a sufficient penance....like maybe tomorrow. *grin*
:stay: :jester:

LF referred to a Fly Free Jessica page.

Maybe she misspoke and said page instead of post.

I just can't get behind this theory when we have NOTHING supporting it. I'm happy to change my mind, but until then I am going with the obvious.

I can tell you most certainly that deputies would not know that gas was poured in her mouth.
The protocol on the scene of cases such as this goes something like this...

Gunther, respectfully, is your EMS/LE background in Chicago? Because I can tell you from my experiences, that in small towns, the fire dept/EMS/sheriff's deputies are usually VERY tight in a small town...many deputies are also volunteer firefighters or EMTs or they are related to/friends with one another. Not to belabor the point, but I can just see the scenario of those on scene talking to or working with each other and the info being passed on at the local convenience store/diner/church, fill-in-the-blank.

I have no idea who that is but going to a bar alone in another small town is something my daughter and her friends would never do.
And I would guess that your daughter and her friends would never do many of the other things JC seems to have done.

Thinking outside our own realm of experience is necessary to understand what happened to JC.....IMO.

I can tell you most certainly that deputies would not know that gas was poured in her mouth.
The protocol on the scene of cases such as this goes something like this...

Gunther, respectfully, is your EMS/LE background in Chicago? Because I can tell you from my experiences, that in small towns, the fire dept/EMS/sheriff's deputies are usually VERY tight in a small town...many deputies are also volunteer firefighters or EMTs or they are related to/friends with one another. Not to belabor the point, but I can just see the scenario of those on scene talking to or working with each other and the info being passed on at the local convenience store/diner/church, fill-in-the-blank.

I should have clarified my statement.
They would not have known immediately at the scene because everyone is too busy doing their jobs. The deputies would be securing the scene, traffic control, etc.
Afterward, when everyone may be having a coffee together, sure things get discussed.

I agree with you, also the discussion that turned into insurance speculation. The evidence is seemingly sound but the contributors to the conversation seem to be waaaaay out there!

Agree. I read it too, and sift. The racism is rampant there, and so is the xenophobia! Many are just sure that this was a Yemeni Plot. LOL Pahleese. And of course the president and atty general are somehow to blame. Stupid. But a few are serious sleuthers, and come up with interesting information. JMO

I just don't see a 19-year-old going by herself to a bar in another community. She couldn't be served. She would be horribly outnumbered by men and she had recently spent time in a battered women's shelter.

JMO
These places are more of a neighborhood gathering spot; playing pool and watching sports games. If she had been there much and was comfortable with the people usually there or meeting up with someone she knew, it doesn't seem too far from possible. On being underage and therefore not being served, minors in these places have others order drinks for them and drink them with an eye out for onlookers, very common. She could also order a number of soft drinks or "virgin" versions of mixed drinks.

On being outnumbered, the pics online of this place shows more female than male; unknown whether that's their norm or not. It's not a dressy swanky place. In any case, if she was meeting up with other gfs, no matter. Or maybe it could have been just an "out of the way" place to meet someone, male or female, to talk and catch up.

And lastly, Leah's House has been debunked as simply a "battered women's shelter". It's mission encompasses first time offenders, drug and alcohol abusers, and women needing a structured and safe living environment while receiving Christian counseling in rehabilitating their lives. It is probably often used as a court mandated alternative to incarceration.

Hope that helps put some perspective on things. I'm not thinking it likely JC was headed to the Backwoods Bar and Grill that night but it wouldn't surprise me. Nothing in this case does anymore.

I just don't see a 19-year-old going by herself to a bar in another community. She couldn't be served. She would be horribly outnumbered by men and she had recently spent time in a battered women's shelter.

JMO

Respectfully, given all of the information that we have gathered thus far, I would not rule out a 19 year old being served at a bar anywhere near Panola County. Also, given the name 'Bar & Grill', it could easily be a restaurant as well, and she had mentioned getting something to eat to her mother (according to her mother's statements). Not sure about being outnumbered by men, either, as I recently went to pick up an 'over-served' relative at a sports bar on a big game-day, and there were what seemed to me to be equal male and female patrons. Just a thought...

These places are more of a neighborhood gathering spot; playing pool and watching sports games. If she had been there much and was comfortable with the people usually there or meeting up with someone she knew, it doesn't seem too far from possible. On being underage and therefore not being served, minors in these places have others order drinks for them and drink them with an eye out for onlookers, very common. She could also order a number of soft drinks or "virgin" versions of mixed drinks.

On being outnumbered, the pics online of this place shows more female than male; unknown whether that's their norm or not. It's not a dressy swanky place. In any case, if she was meeting up with other gfs, no matter. Or maybe it could have been just an "out of the way" place to meet someone, male or female, to talk and catch up.

And lastly, Leah's House has been debunked as simply a "battered women's shelter". It's mission encompasses first time offenders, drug and alcohol abusers, and women needing a structured and safe living environment while receiving Christian counseling in rehabilitating their lives. It is probably often used as a court mandated alternative to incarceration.

Hope that helps put some perspective on things. I'm not thinking it likely JC was headed to the Backwoods Bar and Grill that night but it wouldn't surprise me. Nothing in this case does anymore.

This post made me chuckle a bit because I celebrated my "21st birthday" at a little bar not far outside of my hometown 3 years in a row. Lol!

IMO, any potential item at the crime scene could be used to place someone there. Not huge, in and of itself, but every piece of circumstantial evidence would be necessary. I mentioned cigarette butts because we just now have a case here where they removed all cigarette butts from around a (no lie) head with no body. The head had been embalmed! No funeral home is missing any body parts and it is a very weird case, but they took those cigarette butts because they believe someone soent time with that head. I can't believe I just phrased it like that.

WHAT!!?? That is crazy! Well, Wsers are following a case in Georgia that involves a missing head! Nevermind. Off - topic. :eek:

Alright, so I have been thinking about the culture of the area (e.g., big-time football, SEC, cheerleading) and the day of the attack, December 6. A reasonable person would ask, "What happened December 6th in terms of college football?" December 6th was the championship weekend (including the SEC, Alabama v. Missouri at the Georgia Dome at 4:00 EST).

<snipped>

I was also thinking about where one would hang out. I think Backwoods Bar and Grill in Sardis works. $14 in gas would get me to Backwoods and back with room to spare. JMO

I found this in a link(not sure if posted?)
But the fake accounts aren't harming real efforts to help Jessica and her family. Family friends Miranda and Mark Brown are planning a benefit for Jessica Friday evening at the Backwoods Bar and Grill.http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/27610290/scammers-take-advantage-of-jessica-chambers-family

Sorry for the double posts mods .... haven't been here since a murder occurred in North GA a few years ago.

I have listened to the audio of store owner AA's interview, during which he claims the sheriff told him that they poured gasoline into her mouth.
Here is a link to the audio file.
http://www.newsms.fm/anonymous-othe...er-responds-accusations/#sthash.YNa47P9y.dpuf

During his statement, AA indicates that

Did the sheriff really say "Jessica just died?" assuming AA would know who he was talking about?
That is not how police talk.
A cop would have said something like, "there's been an incident out on the highway and we believe the victim may have stopped here first."

How would the sheriff know that someone poured gasoline into her mouth?
It was dark, there was no medical professional on scene, Jessica could not tell him.
Was it simply a guess on his part because she may have smelled like gasoline?

No wonder this case is so screwed up.

Edited to add..
If there is any of the accellerant that was not consumed in the fire found at the scene , it can be analyzed to determine its origin.
Refineries blend components to create different blends of gasoline and an analysis should be able to determine whether it came from M&M, and even if it was part of the then current load in the tanks.

It would be relatively easy to go through purchase records to isolate small purchases and compare them to time stamps on surveillance camera footage.

Jessica's Aunt Deborah Sanders said that she and Lisa Chambers, Jessica's mother, were with her when she "took her last breath". I took that to mean at The Med because I doubt the helicopter flight crew were waiting around for family to show up before they left.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jessica-chambers-teen-burned-death-mourned-funeral-n267811

Taking Gunther Today and anonone's posts another gander...
Anybody on this thread aware of any persons mentioned thus far that that have an address listed as being in the direction GT mentioned, or the road, Hughes, mentioned by anonone? TIA:thinking:

In re-looking at the crime scene images, tire tracks make it apparent that her car was heading eastward toward Courtland when it veered off into the side drive.
Here is a link to the Google Map image of the area...
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Co...a554e95715c6a3

There are no towns within miles in that direction...
So where could she have been coming from?

Safe house, drug house, gangbanger hangout?
Any info on what or who could live in that direction?

Quite a few people live in that area (e.g, Hughes) and would use Herron (via Sullivant) to go south.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Angelinazoomazooma