MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the 'Fly High' Facebook page pre-existed and was dedicated to Jessica's cheer leading activities.

""Fly high, Jessica," said some, a reference to the former cheerleader's aerial acrobatics, according to the Rev. Eric Greggs, one of three speakers at the 45-minute service."​

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2014/12/funeral_for_jessica_chambers_1.html

But LF said "when I woke up Sunday morning, I took my phone off the charger (too much info) and that's when I saw the Fly High Jessica page..." as if she'd never seen it before.

Herron Rd. connects into Hwy 35 to the west. Both ministers who officiated at the funeral were located in towns on Hwy 35. Rev. Eric Greggs in Charleston and Rev. Larry Kilgore in Crowder.

Trips to both Charleston and Crowder would leave very little time for Jessica to drive there and back and do something while there, and eventually end at Herron around 8:13 pm.

Has it even been reported if Jessica just come out and said a specific name to the fire chief that night?
Or did the fire chief ask her who did this to you?
anyone know?

one article said "she approached them talking".

Trips to both Charleston and Crowder would leave very little time for Jessica to drive there and back and do something while there, and eventually end at Herron around 8:13 pm.

I doubt she went to both towns because they are in opposite directions on Hwy 35. But she did have time to go to one town and 'do something' there. Either town is under 30 minutes away from Courtland. I can't come up with any other reason she would be east bound on Herron Rd. at 8:13 p.m.

I do not believe LE told Ali about lighter fluid down her throat.
That type of information is privileged and typically withheld as one of those "only something the offender would know" type of claims.
Cops are not qualified to make public statements like that either since there was no autopsy performed when the statement was allegedly made.

I might have missed it but did Ali say from whom he heard that...or did he just generalize that it was LE and everyone let it go?

I am beginning to think that murder was not the intention of the perpetrator. If it were, she would have been found inside the car burned beyond recognition. But she wasn't...she was allegedly out walking around the vehicle when the FD arrived.

So why burn the car?
What could it have been about the car that warranted it being destroyed, but Jessica left alive?
From what I've read, the car was found with the keys in the ignition, trans in park and emergency brake on. Seats were reclined back.
What is the significance of that, or is there any?

AA said on SM exactly what happened to her before she died - it was before 2AM. he must have known the plan ahead of time.

I have listened to the audio of store owner AA's interview, during which he claims the sheriff told him that they poured gasoline into her mouth.
Here is a link to the audio file.
http://www.newsms.fm/anonymous-othe...er-responds-accusations/#sthash.YNa47P9y.dpuf

During his statement, AA indicates that

Did the sheriff really say "Jessica just died?" assuming AA would know who he was talking about?
That is not how police talk.
A cop would have said something like, "there's been an incident out on the highway and we believe the victim may have stopped here first."

How would the sheriff know that someone poured gasoline into her mouth?
It was dark, there was no medical professional on scene, Jessica could not tell him.
Was it simply a guess on his part because she may have smelled like gasoline?

No wonder this case is so screwed up.

Edited to add..
If there is any of the accellerant that was not consumed in the fire found at the scene , it can be analyzed to determine its origin.
Refineries blend components to create different blends of gasoline and an analysis should be able to determine whether it came from M&M, and even if it was part of the then current load in the tanks.

It would be relatively easy to go through purchase records to isolate small purchases and compare them to time stamps on surveillance camera footage.

Jessica was not dead at that time either, but AA responded in comments on FB after he posted the tow truck pix about what happened to her. he knew way too early. either LE told him and was way out of line, or he knew from previous plans.

I know, which is why I'm having trouble believing AA's statement that deputies told him this information.

especially when he says "that's how I know, bc the Sheriffs told me". too much explanatory info offered when not necessary. dunno if he has really been cleared or is just being protected as a witness.

I began reading that site from the beginning because that's what would show up when I Googled JC. They do seem get information that's not reported elsewhere (doesn't mean it's good or bad), but I have to say that reading their theories and discussions pretty much creeps me out re: the rampant racist aspect ad nauseum. It detracts from and in some cases, negates what otherwise could be legitimate information.

I read the articles that's about it. Some of their comments make me wonder how many of them frequent that stupid stormfront website.

Last fall the whole country was being ginned up for the release of TS's new album "1989." Several singles were leaked online and one of them was "Blank Space" which included the phrase:

So it's gonna be forever
Or it's gonna go down in flames

when referring to the lover's affair. Notice it's a statement; not a question. Well I never considered the lyrics literally ... until now. Album came out October 27, 2014 BTW.

Young. Fools in love. Getting married with fake IDs while they're still in high school. Thinking others won't be able to keep them apart now. Then remaining star crossed lovers looking for a way back to each other? Could or would that motivate murder?

One other thing (probably the only pertinent one.) With their dying breath many people call out for the person they love.

MOO

or it could be interpreted that the lover will never get away.
but, I think that's a pretty common figure of speech for something failing.

But LF said "when I woke up Sunday morning, I took my phone off the charger (too much info) and that's when I saw the Fly High Jessica page..." as if she'd never seen it before.

if it were a cheerleading page, why did it come down so fast?

if it were a cheerleading page, why did it come down so fast?
I took it as it wasn't a cheerleading page, but a hastily put together memorial paged named for the purpose of honoring both the passing of her life and her cheerleading ability. I don't think the page existed before she died, but was put up after by whomever? I could be wrong as I never saw it.

I doubt she went to both towns because they are in opposite directions on Hwy 35. But she did have time to go to one town and 'do something' there. Either town is under 30 minutes away from Courtland. I can't come up with any other reason she would be east bound on Herron Rd. at 8:13 p.m.

I can see where my sentence structure led you to believe that I suggested that she drove to both locations one after the other. But I really meant just that she could not have driven to either one. Each is approximately one half hour away. A roundtrip would be approximately an hour.

Google times Crowder as 24 mins (roundtrip 48), and Charleston 28 mins (roundtrip 56). So I suppose that leaves Jessica with approximately a half hour.

So you win. :drumroll: I concede. :blushing:

or it could be interpreted that the lover will never get away.
but, I think that's a pretty common figure of speech for something failing.

If you haven't already try listening to the lyrics in context.

I wanted to add that the quickness with which people create memorial pages on FB is somewhat creepy and sometimes downright irresponsible. I have seen this myself, where someone will create a memorial page before all of the family members have been informed of the person's passing. What a way to find out your family member in another town has passed away! But this happens all of the time and people are quite understandably angry.

I think that is an excellent observation.

Earlier, member anonone asked a question: "Would fingerprints still exist if they had been exposed to fire?"

I thought about that. And I would guess that the answer depends upon the technology of fingerprint recovery. I know that they can be expose to something like fumes of cyanoacrylate glues, and then magic recovers them.

Thankfully MBI has the ability to perform magic.

But, like DNA evidence, I don't think they would be able to tell when the finger prints were left there. They could find out who opened that door if finger prints were not destroyed, but dating the finger prints would be impossible I think. Just thinking who all might have opened that door in the past, unless they know for sure it was washed just before the fire was set, would make finger printing a difficult task even if the fire didn't destroy them.

I want to thank everyone for allowing me to babble as much as I do. I live alone and do not have anyone to talk to.

I enjoy having this opportunity here at WS, to share with you, but I also know when it is time to go.

I will return when I have done a sufficient penance....like maybe tomorrow. *grin*

I took it as it wasn't a cheerleading page, but a hastily put together memorial paged named for the purpose of honoring both the passing of her life and her cheerleading ability. I don't think the page existed before she died, but was put up after by whomever? I could be wrong as I never saw it.

I think you should change your last sentence to read, "I could be right . . ."

In re-looking at the crime scene images, tire tracks make it apparent that her car was heading eastward toward Courtland when it veered off into the side drive.
Here is a link to the Google Map image of the area...
https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...2!3m1!1s0x8880199c05f4e635:0x12a554e95715c6a3

There are no towns within miles in that direction...
So where could she have been coming from?

Safe house, drug house, gangbanger hangout?
Any info on what or who could live in that direction?

Quite a few people live in that area (e.g, Hughes) and would use Herron (via Sullivant) to go south.

But, like DNA evidence, I don't think they would be able to tell when the finger prints were left there. They could find out who opened that door if finger prints were not destroyed, but dating the finger prints would be impossible I think. Just thinking who all might have opened that door in the past, unless they know for sure it was washed just before the fire was set, would make finger printing a difficult task even if the fire didn't destroy them.

It's never known when fingerprints were left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tametn