MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely see the folly. Everything in/around the area should have been blocked off until every piece of trash could be removed. Even something as seemingly insignificant as a cigarette butt could hold DNA clues. I'm in complete agreement with you!

Well, no. There's no way to prove anything like that was left there at the time of the crime. It could have been there from before. Likewise anything that might have fallen out of the car. You can't prove it didn't come from somewhere else.

Judging from the trail leading down from the tree, down the incline, it would appear to me that a vehicle was being dragged from the rear, and that the front of the vehicle -- without tires -- provided much resistance.

I'm not surprised it may have been difficult to extract but I do not find it suspicious or remarkable as to which way it was facing when finally loaded onto the tow truck.

I see four distinct tread patterns on the incline.
So I am wondering if it is just as possible that the car was being pushed up, rather than pulled back.
If the car was disabled at some point prior to it being placed where it was found...skid marks, scrapes etc...should have been present in the roadway.
Now here is something else. Its remote but still a possibility.

Note the design of the door handles on this 2005 Kia Rio , which is from here.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:2003-2005_Kia_Rio.jpg

I know its a longshot, but it is possible that prints may have been preserved on the underside of the handhold where the fingers would go.

View attachment 67082

I think that is an excellent observation.

Earlier, member anonone asked a question: "Would fingerprints still exist if they had been exposed to fire?"

I thought about that. And I would guess that the answer depends upon the technology of fingerprint recovery. I know that they can be expose to something like fumes of cyanoacrylate glues, and then magic recovers them.

Thankfully MBI has the ability to perform magic.

And to add to your thoughts, we also know that LE considered this a crime scene rather quickly, as opposed to an accident. It can also be noted that they were "confident" someone was with JC. They obviously had SOMETHING to go on very early on to lead to EB and to be able to discern someone had been with her. But WHAT??? That is the million dollar question.

Didn't LE go to EB SUPPOSEDLY because Jessica said EB's name to the fire chief?

It's my understanding Jessica was at the hospital for 2 hours before she died.

Did I misread that info? :thinking:

Knowing this, she would have technically died in Tennessee. Would the case then fall under Tennessee jurisdiction? Maybe this explains the FBI involvement as the crime would have then crossed state lines? Is there any indication that investigators from Tennessee have been or should be involved in the case?

Knowing this, she would have technically died in Tennessee. Would the case then fall under Tennessee jurisdiction? Maybe this explains the FBI involvement as the crime would have then crossed state lines? Is there any indication that investigators from Tennessee have been or should be involved in the case?

Great question..... Makes perfect sense imo about the FBI's involvement.

One thing that keeps bothering me is this timeline.

So JC is found around 8:15ish
LE goes to find EB around 9:30ish
LE goes to M&M around 11ish

OK so we know they claim JC gave a name...they went searching for EB

After that LE went to M&M....I wonder what made then go there?

Would it be normal for them to just say "hey let's stop by the gas station and see if JC had been there" kwim?

It seems to me that "somebody" sent LE to this EB guy AND the M&M.

I'm confused...who was "talking" right after it happened?

I have a feeling the "talker" was Jessica's cellphone phonebook and Call History. I believe Charlotte was detained on Dec 7-8, and Eric T. also on Dec 7-8. The immediacy of those "holds" to the timeline on the evening leads me to believe that investigators had something more than word-of-mouth to assist them in discovery.

Not necessarily. I'm pretty sure the road would have been blocked while they removed the car. The tow truck could have hooked to the rear of the car and pulled it out into the road then unhooked and drove to the front and pulled it onto the truck from the front.

Why would they bother?
It doesn't matter which way a car is towed.
Besides, there are now drag marks leading to the road that would indicate that was done.

Pardon me if this is too graphic, but if accelerant was poured down her throat, how would she be able to speak the name of someone to first responders? Those two pieces conflict with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has bothered me too. If someone forced an accelerant such as gasoline or lighter fluid down my throat, I would vomit profusely. (As an aside, perhaps this is why Jessica suddenly revived from unconsciousness and immediately tried to escape, surviving for a short while.)

Not necessarily. I'm pretty sure the road would have been blocked while they removed the car. The tow truck could have hooked to the rear of the car and pulled it out into the road then unhooked and drove to the front and pulled it onto the truck from the front.

That just seems like alot of work to me to hook and unhook, unless there was a snatch truck there. Everytime I've had a tow from commercial wreckers to the small time wreckers they never gave a diddly squat. No matter how me or my husband told them how we wanted it done, they always did whichever was more convenient and easier on them.

Well, no. There's no way to prove anything like that was left there at the time of the crime. It could have been there from before. Likewise anything that might have fallen out of the car. You can't prove it didn't come from somewhere else.
IMO, any potential item at the crime scene could be used to place someone there. Not huge, in and of itself, but every piece of circumstantial evidence would be necessary. I mentioned cigarette butts because we just now have a case here where they removed all cigarette butts from around a (no lie) head with no body. The head had been embalmed! No funeral home is missing any body parts and it is a very weird case, but they took those cigarette butts because they believe someone soent time with that head. I can't believe I just phrased it like that.

One thing that keeps bothering me is this timeline.

So JC is found around 8:15ish
LE goes to find EB around 9:30ish
LE goes to M&M around 11ish

OK so we know they claim JC gave a name...they went searching for EB

After that LE went to M&M....I wonder what made then go there?

Would it be normal for them to just say "hey let's stop by the gas station and see if JC had been there" kwim?

It seems to me that "somebody" sent LE to this EB guy AND the M&M.

I'm confused...who was "talking" right after it happened?

My guess would be that Jessica's mom told them she had gone to get gas.

What would it take to have the house of trees website considered as MSM? I can understand why the public comments may be biased and shouldn't be used here, but their dedication to reporting evidence discovery seems unmatched and has occurred each and every day. JMO but I think we could open more doors here by considering the reports, not comments at that news website as MSM.

IMO, any potential item at the crime scene could be used to place someone there. Not huge, in and of itself, but every piece of circumstantial evidence would be necessary. I mentioned cigarette butts because we just now have a case here where they removed all cigarette butts from around a (no lie) head with no body. The head had been embalmed! No funeral home is missing any body parts and it is a very weird case, but they took those cigarette butts because they believe someone soent time with that head. I can't believe I just phrased it like that.

bbm
oh mmm gee
:eek: :thud:

Didn't LE go to EB SUPPOSEDLY because Jessica said EB's name to the fire chief?
I'm not sure of the exact timing of anything or what prompted what. We know what EB said the police told him, but they really aren't confirming/denying anything at this point, which is frustrating to us. But I am all too aware that the public's desire to know things is usually trumped by the need for investigators to do their jobs. I also know that investigators often mislead and sometimes tell some whoppers when in front of cameras in order to throw people off. No doubt whoever did this is paying VERY close attention to the progress. I think it is extremely important to pay attention to the actions of investigators within those first few hours/days. They were lead to certain people for reasons we don't know or understand. They may have been lead to them erroneously, but they had reason.

What would it take to have the house of trees website considered as MSM? I can understand why the public comments may be biased and shouldn't be used here, but their dedication to reporting evidence discovery seems unmatched and has occurred each and every day. JMO but I think we could open more doors here by considering the reports, not comments at that news website as MSM.

I just remembered, Tree isn't allowed because it is a political site. ;)

I'm not sure of the exact timing of anything or what prompted what. We know what EB said the police told him, but they really aren't confirming/denying anything at this point, which is frustrating to us. But I am all too aware that the public's desire to know things is usually trumped by the need for investigators to do their jobs. I also know that investigators often mislead and sometimes tell some whoppers when in front of cameras in order to throw people off. No doubt whoever did this is paying VERY close attention to the progress. I think it is extremely important to pay attention to the actions of investigators within those first few hours/days. They were lead to certain people for reasons we don't know or understand. They may have been lead to them erroneously, but they had reason.

I swear this crime and the locals we discuss make my head spin.
I totally agree with you....LE had reasons to talk with certain people.
I sure wish we could see jc'S phone records.

No, it's where the crime was committed.

The FBI has many resources available to local LE. It's not just the old cross-state-lines thing.

:sick:

Blech, why in the heck would someone want to spend time with a head? Some weirdos out there.

I have no reason to discount any theory presented here because there is no way to really disprove anything at this point. So, I would not/could not rule out the one perp tHeory, but based on what little info we have, I'm definitely leaning more toward multiple perps. I didn't personally know JC, but I know she was athletic, and from what I've read, a good athlete. Believing that and adding it to what her dad said about being a fighter(assault charges aside), I am going to conclude that she fought very hard for her life. Only two things, IMO, would have made it impossible for her to fight back. One would be if she were drugged, and the other would have been her being rendered unconscious by someone knocking her out. For lack of proof or evidence of those two things, I will put them aside. I think it would be very hard for one perp to commit this entire act. Even a full-grown man would have a hard time keeping her still, lighting her on fire, removing the battery from the phone and fleeing the scene undetected. If one person managed to do those things without leaving anything behind, they were incredibly lucky. No way in heck I'm letting anyone pour anything down my throat without a fight. So, imo, it would most likely be multiple perps UNLESS there is evidence she was drugged or rendered unconscious first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke