MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How has it been proven, beyond the Sherrif's remark that gas or lighter fluid was poured into Jessica's mouth?

IMO, any potential item at the crime scene could be used to place someone there. Not huge, in and of itself, but every piece of circumstantial evidence would be necessary. I mentioned cigarette butts because we just now have a case here where they removed all cigarette butts from around a (no lie) head with no body. The head had been embalmed! No funeral home is missing any body parts and it is a very weird case, but they took those cigarette butts because they believe someone soent time with that head. I can't believe I just phrased it like that.

Goodness!

There's a double murder case in GA - they have yet to find the husband's head.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ssell-Dermond-88-Putnam-County-2-4-May-2014-9

It hasn't

I will add, though, that mr chambers stated that doctor told him that as well.
If they were basing that claim on lung damage, breathing superheated toxic air could cause the same thing.
I haven't read of an autopsy. Has there been one?

If they were basing that claim on lung damage, breathing superheated toxic air could cause the same thing.
I haven't read of an autopsy. Has there been one?
Not one that has been released. Or one that will be released before trial, I guess. They have clamped down on what info is being shared.

Ali was the first to say it. Since we have had three people saying it, I have always thought it is true.
I agree. When formulating my opinions as to theory, motive and such, I look at those things which seem credible to me at any given time. I present my thoughts as MOO and they change from day to day based upon what I see, read. I totally believe something was squirted in her nose and throat and I add that piece in with my theories, though others are certainly free to discard any piece they find suspect.

MO is that it's just good investigative thinking to check if any local businesses have surveillance monitors/videos - same as when LE looks to nearby ATMs for any possible video of passersby or cars. I don't it's an indication of anyone telling them to check there (at least I hope they wouldn't have to be told to do something that basic) and the same goes for LE checking other businesses that might have surveillance cameras. Especially given the location of M&M being between the crime scene and her home.

One thing that keeps bothering me is this timeline.

So JC is found around 8:15ish
LE goes to find EB around 9:30ish
LE goes to M&M around 11ish

OK so we know they claim JC gave a name...they went searching for EB

After that LE went to M&M....I wonder what made then go there?

Would it be normal for them to just say "hey let's stop by the gas station and see if JC had been there" kwim?

It seems to me that "somebody" sent LE to this EB guy AND the M&M.

I'm confused...who was "talking" right after it happened?

What would it take to have the house of trees website considered as MSM? I can understand why the public comments may be biased and shouldn't be used here, but their dedication to reporting evidence discovery seems unmatched and has occurred each and every day. JMO but I think we could open more doors here by considering the reports, not comments at that news website as MSM.

I began reading that site from the beginning because that's what would show up when I Googled JC. They do seem get information that's not reported elsewhere (doesn't mean it's good or bad), but I have to say that reading their theories and discussions pretty much creeps me out re: the rampant racist aspect ad nauseum. It detracts from and in some cases, negates what otherwise could be legitimate information.

[...] This brings me to the fact that I had been HIGHLY dubious, to say the least, about the recollection of the the volunteer fireman guy Haley. I doubted his words from the beginning, when he said that JC told him 'some names' before she was transported to the hospital. This leads me to my second sentiment: I began to reconsider my doubt in Haley's statement about Jessica talking to him (to some extent-bear with me), after I looked into the timing of the 911 call, the timing of when first responders arrived, the timing of when the tow truck guy decided to stop at M&M, and the timing of the first person that police questioned, Erick Bibbs (sp?). Gibbs stated in his interview with the media (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYjYVkEBPdg) that the police came to his house at 'about 9:30' that night. This tells me that they left the scene of where they found Jessica and pretty much immediately went to Bibbs' residence, only AFTER calling around trying to locate him, as he reported they had called both his mother and grandmother's houses. What this means to me is either A) JC was in fact able (somehow) to speak to Haley, and she communicated with him something pertaining to Mr. Bibbs; or B) the police had an inclination of some sort to locate Bibbs and question him immediately.

I believe the primary reason many people distrust Chief Cole Haley's recollections and statements is twofold: (a) they have seen a very unflattering and embarrassing image which he posted on his Facebook page, and (b) he rocks in his rocking chair during an interview with Janice Broach. These are certainly facts that prosecutors and defense attorneys love to use to embellish a witness's character, and testimony; but unless those details draw an immediate relevance to facts that are under examination, then they really are irrelevant.

For the moment, I have no reason to distrust Haley. What he has stated is certainly possible.

Until proved otherwise, he is credible. His actions as soon as he arrived prove to me that he is a competent, trained professional, who immediately assessed the situation and responded with emergency steps; he called the sheriff's department, notified the sheriff, called the ambulance, put Air Vac en route, and called the nearby Pope Co. Fire Department.

I see no reason to question his statement that Jessica spoke an utterance, or names. He has been asked to remain silent on the situation, and I believe he should be applauded for maintaining that silence.

There were two other firemen at the scene. Eventually they will be asked to describe what they know.

As to the timing of everything...

A 911 call was placed shortly before Chief Haley was notified. He and the other two firemen were at a nearby fire. It is reported that they arrived on the crime scene at 8:12 - 8:13 pm. Immediately thereafter units from the sheriff's department probably arrived, then the scene was "cooled down" a bit, and investigators probably began doing something. The next time that we have in this timeline is approximately 9:30 pm when it has been alleged that the flatbed arrived at M&M.

I would guess that the flatbed operator milked his tow for what it was worth and wasted approximately 40-45 mins doing so. This would put him at the crime scene from 8:45 to 9:20, then 9:30 at M&M.

Meanwhile members of the sheriff's department were on scene, cellphones active, and communication abundant. I suspect that different groups of investigators were following different leads. For example, Jessica's cellphone was found, the battery was replaced, the phonebook/History read, and different groups alerted to different things.

Under these circumstances I can see one group at Eric B's residence, another at M&M, and fire investigators still at the scene. It was a Saturday night; a routine car fire had just blossomed into a horrifying event; for a small town, activity was a flutter of excitement.

[...] So, after all of this rambling, the purpose of this post, I suppose, is to see if any of you have any idea/clues/guesses as to why police would IMMEDIATELY rush to track down Erick Bibbs. [...] Does anything that any of you have seen/read/watched/heard give you any insight to this?...

Why not? If Chief Dennis Darby had had the presence of mind to google Facebook, he might have immediately rushed to track down every person in Courtland with a similar sounding/rhyming name.

One thing that keeps bothering me is this timeline.

So JC is found around 8:15ish
LE goes to find EB around 9:30ish
LE goes to M&M around 11ish

OK so we know they claim JC gave a name...they went searching for EB

After that LE went to M&M....I wonder what made then go there?

Would it be normal for them to just say "hey let's stop by the gas station and see if JC had been there" kwim?

It seems to me that "somebody" sent LE to this EB guy AND the M&M.

I'm confused...who was "talking" right after it happened?
My guess would be that Jessica's mom told them she had gone to get gas.

talking= posting to social media

One clue, could be AA posting the tow truck and Jessica's torched vehicle photo on social media. That would certainly cause my "hinky" meter to be alerted if I were an investigator & initiate a visit/chat at the M&M. Or,am I reading this timeline incorrectly? MOO

Remember small community information travels quick.

I went back ten or so pages to search and did not see this article posted:

Petition Urges Miss. Gov. To Help Solve Chamber Murder

http://www.localmemphis.com/story/d/story/jessica-chambers-petition/17026/nXjoYJSiPE-JHKeFF1qKTg

"With every breath my heart breaks," said Lisa Chambers.

A simple "how are you?" will cause Lisa Chambers to break down in tears. Her heart is broken.

"You just don't have any clue how much," said Chambers.

"I can't believe somebody hasn't talked. All the friends she had...I know somebody knows something. How can...it has to eat at them.".

More at the link.

I began reading that site from the beginning because that's what would show up when I Googled JC. They do seem get information that's not reported elsewhere (doesn't mean it's good or bad), but I have to say that reading their theories and discussions pretty much creeps me out re: the rampant racist aspect ad nauseum. It detracts from and in some cases, negates what otherwise could be legitimate information.

I agree with you, also the discussion that turned into insurance speculation. The evidence is seemingly sound but the contributors to the conversation seem to be waaaaay out there!

In re-looking at the crime scene images, tire tracks make it apparent that her car was heading eastward toward Courtland when it veered off into the side drive.
Here is a link to the Google Map image of the area...
https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...2!3m1!1s0x8880199c05f4e635:0x12a554e95715c6a3

There are no towns within miles in that direction...
So where could she have been coming from?

Safe house, drug house, gangbanger hangout?
Any info on what or who could live in that direction?

I went back ten or so pages to search and did not see this article posted:

Petition Urges Miss. Gov. To Help Solve Chamber Murder

http://www.localmemphis.com/story/d/story/jessica-chambers-petition/17026/nXjoYJSiPE-JHKeFF1qKTg

"With every breath my heart breaks," said Lisa Chambers.

A simple "how are you?" will cause Lisa Chambers to break down in tears. Her heart is broken.

"You just don't have any clue how much," said Chambers.

"I can't believe somebody hasn't talked. All the friends she had...I know somebody knows something. How can...it has to eat at them.".

More at the link.

It is beyond my ability to even begin to imagine the depth of the mother's emotional pain and loss.

Her supposed BFF (id'd in media reports) told Jessica to Fly Free on FB early the morning her death was reported. Maybe that is the kind of stuff she was talking about.

LF referred to a Fly Free Jessica page.

In re-looking at the crime scene images, tire tracks make it apparent that her car was heading eastward toward Courtland when it veered off into the side drive.
Here is a link to the Google Map image of the area...
https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...2!3m1!1s0x8880199c05f4e635:0x12a554e95715c6a3

There are no towns within miles in that direction...
So where could she have been coming from?

Safe house, drug house, gangbanger hangout?
Any info on what or who could live in that direction?

Herron Rd. connects into Hwy 35 to the west. Both ministers who officiated at the funeral were located in towns on Hwy 35. Rev. Eric Greggs in Charleston and Rev. Larry Kilgore in Crowder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tametn