MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police are searching her data and text records after obtaining warrants Wednesday that compelled Google and her cell phone provider to give police access to her phone’s content, said John Champion, district attorney for Mississippi’s 17th Circuit.

The prosecutor on Thursday also updated information he had given CNN the previous day that indicated Chambers had attended a party but police couldn’t find anyone who had seen her there. Police have now spoken to witnesses who say they saw Chambers at the party, the prosecutor said.
http://fox6now.com/2014/12/12/jessica-chambers-phone-provides-leads-prosecutor-says/

BBM

:bump:

Thanks, Bessie

Unfortunately, the "COURTLAND, Miss. — Dec 11, 2014, 2:47 PM ET By ADRIAN SAINZ Associated Press" link in the Websleuths thread you cite does not readily bring up the article.

However I will endeavor to follow the Adrian Sainz lead, although I believe that he may merely be regurgitating the same statement from the NOLA article; the time imples that it was written after the NOLA article.

Tracking AP-wire is not easy. I'm guessing though that the AP picked up the story first from local and regional broadcasts.

Not sure f this is helpful n tracking the origins of this Sainz AP article but many of the same quotes from station owner Fadhel are present in this ABC http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-cal...sissippi-woman-burned-death/story?id=27534305 report with this date info:

Mystery Deepens in Case of Burned Mississippi Teen Jessica Chambers as Police Call for Witnesses

Dec 11, 2014, 1:20 PM ET
By MEGHAN KENEALLY

date/time bolded by me.

ETA okay, went back to your original post on this subject and see you are looking for the statement indicating Jessica exited the station, pumped her gas then returned inside to purchase smokes. you said you wanted to find the source of the AP article hoping to find something dated between the 7th and 10th of December. So far I have located this:

Little still known in death of Mississippi woman who was burned alive

By The Associated Press
Wednesday, Dec. 10, 2014, 9:45 p.m.

On her way out, Chambers got a call on her cellphone, Fadhel said. After she pumped gas, she re-entered the store, bought cigarettes, and drove away, headed south on Highway 51, he said.

Read more: http://triblive.com/usworld/nation/7354363-74/chambers-fadhel-gas#ixzz3NtcyZ2ZR

On her way out, Chambers got a call on her cellphone, Fadhel said. After she pumped gas, she re-entered the store, bought cigarettes, and drove away, headed south on Highway 51, he said.

Associated Press Dec. 10, 2014 | 8:06 p.m.
By ADRIAN SAINZ, Associated Press

http://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2014/12/10/burning-death-inquiry-eyes-womans-last-hours

That's as far back as can follow it. I give up. I think you are correct. The AP article appears to be a regurgitation of snips from local coverage but I will be darned if I can find the original source for the above snip.

Nodding off usually happens with heroin, its a suppressant. They can be asleep to a few minuets to a few hours. Yes some people don't wake but alot do, so yes someone who has od'd or had a little to much can walk and talk a few hours later. If everyone who done H nodded off and died it wouldn't be such a popular drug.

I'm not questioning that she called JC over (as shown in the video). I'm just saying it is not certain that she invited JC to a party.
Cassandra Market/Rudd admits it's her in her video interview with MSM.
maybe it wasn't her, but she wants people to think it was.

Nodding off usually happens with heroin, its a suppressant. They can be asleep to a few minuets to a few hours. Yes some people don't wake but alot do, so yes someone who has od'd or had a little to much can walk and talk a few hours later. If everyone who done H nodded off and died it would be such a popular drug.

nodding off is a normal reaction to heroin. not a reason to burn someone. they still have a pulse and are breathing, slowly. when someone turns blue and has no pulse or respiration, they might be dead. so unless this happened to her, they would not have felt the need to cover the OD.

Nodding off usually happens with heroin, its a suppressant. They can be asleep to a few minuets to a few hours. Yes some people don't wake but alot do, so yes someone who has od'd or had a little to much can walk and talk a few hours later. If everyone who done H nodded off and died it would be such a popular drug.

nodding off is a normal reaction to heroin. not a reason to burn someone. they still have a pulse and are breathing, slowly. when someone turns blue and has no pulse or respiration, they might be dead. so unless this happened to her, they would not have felt the need to cover the OD.

Yeah I know about heroin and nodding off, with faint pulses and and slowed breathing, the teetering of death. Dont think I could act logically under the influence of anthing while thinking someone is dying in my house. An od is just one of my theories, just like some have suicide or gangs as theirs. Its all speculation till more solid info comes out.

I don't know about in Mississippi, but around New England, there's been an epidemic of drug overdose deaths, mainly opiates: http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...cross-state/ALPI0ZCwtTsmAB7VVnjHEK/story.html

There have been bodies rolled out of cars in front of the emergency room and left in empty apartments, but mostly people call 911 and the cops and an ambulance come screaming with Narcan and maybe save the person or maybe not. Nobody has been set on fire and left for dead.

Was at a "party", drugged and then set on fire to cover up the evidence. What I've thought since the very beginning. Auntie sha sha probably has an idea about what happened or was going to happen.

Why do I almost feel like I'm getting ganged up on, and like what Im thinking is stupid?

The only problem(s) that I have regarding O/D is that 1. why separate cell phone/battery; 2. I think if it were O/D someone would just leave her as is and get away from scene as quickly as possible w/o the planning/staging that may have gone into cover-up. I also don't think that it has been established as fact that the rear of JC's car was conclusively caused by tow-truck (unless someone has a link?). Too many coincidence(s) within the last 24 hours of JC's life that lead me to think homicide and not O/D/accident/suicide. And it has not been established that she was a current drug-user or who would be with her using such drug(s). No one is picking on you...theoretically it's plausible and good theory, but jmo it's too far removed from some more obvious lead(s). Jmo

The only problem(s) that I have regarding O/D is that 1. why separate cell phone/battery; 2. I think if it were O/D someone would just leave her as it and get away from scene as quickly as possible w/o the planning/staging that may have gone into cover-up. I also don't think that it has been established as fact that the rear of JC's car was conclusively caused by tow-truck (unless someone has a link?). Too many coincidence(s) within the last 24 hours of JC's life to lead me to think O/D/accident/suicide. And it has not been established that she was a current drug-user or who would be with her using such drug(s). No one is picking on you...theoretically it's plausible and good theory, but jmo it's too far removed from some more obvious lead(s). Jmo

I know its more or likely not the case with an od. I just don't want to imagine someone who is so dark at heart, so far removed from humanity could do this. By her friends accounts she was a nice person. She wasn't a Mengele or Ishii. So why? What did she do to deserve to die in such a horrible fashion? I don't want to imagine her fear or her suffering.

Fingerprints/DNA maybe??

I don't know about in Mississippi, but around New England, there's been an epidemic of drug overdose deaths, mainly opiates: http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...cross-state/ALPI0ZCwtTsmAB7VVnjHEK/story.html

There have been bodies rolled out of cars in front of the emergency room and left in empty apartments, but mostly people call 911 and the cops and an ambulance come screaming with Narcan and maybe save the person or maybe not. Nobody has been set on fire and left for dead.

I so agree. My part of New England has the same problem, and as this link describes, those who OD can look deceased. But ... as you and BirdcatNY note, why not call 911 if that was the case, unless it was an OD that was deliberately administered? I don't see why the burning would occur, although I also don't understand how someone could leave someone else for dead in the first place.

http://www.providencejournal.com/vi...aramedic-talks-about-administering-narcan.ece

I know its more or likely not the case with an od. I just don't want to imagine someone who is so dark at heart, so far removed from humanity could do this.

Thanks for your comments re: OD, as it could be that someone messed her up at the "party" and then purposefully staged their vision of an "accident." I hadn't thought of that before, and it could account for the reclining seat scenario. Also, I'm really proud of you for fighting your way through. :) And I agree that it's hard to imagine someone doing something so dark.

I knew people who drug the guy outta their house and into the trash pile in the woods because he was dying. They left him face down in a puddle. They didn't want anyone of authority coming to their house because of the drugs, and they didn't have a car to drive him to the hospital. They didn't have a conscience. Some people just suck.

Was at a "party", drugged and then set on fire to cover up the evidence. What I've thought since the very beginning. Auntie sha sha probably has an idea about what happened or was going to happen.

This makes a lot of sense to me. It would account for her being at a party, maybe one that she just intended to stop in briefly at even, and then ending up in a reclining position and unable to defend herself. Maybe the plan was to teach her a "lesson" about something, but then the "judge" became "executioner." But if that's the case, someone has to know who.

Monster, your insights are very valuable. You have been where most of us have not and therefore can think from the "inside" of the culture JC 'might' have been immersed in. While it is not 'established' or 'confirmed', as very little is in this case to date, there have been off record comments made that might make your insights pertinent. Everything must be considered until solidly ruled out.
As to the degree of "planning and coverup" involved with a staging IF this was due to an overdose gone wrong, I have worked with offenders in the justice system. I know many would go to an extreme extent to coverup if they were on probation or parole and would be facing instant incarceration again. And IF a nearby party-location was a hotbed of activity, protection of the locale would be very important also. The web would trap way too many people with way too much to lose. Yeah, maybe they did "go too far" but in the moment, maybe that's not what they were thinking if they were thinking of saving their own lives and lives of others.
Please keep posting. You bring a unique gift to WS.

Did I miss a factual basis for this "heroin OD coverup" speculation, i.e. evidence that the drug was possibly involved in the need for what happened later??

:):)
Monster, your insights are very valuable. You have been where most of us have not and therefore can think from the "inside" of the culture JC 'might' have been immersed in. While it is not 'established' or 'confirmed', as very little is in this case to date, there have been off record comments made that might make your insights pertinent. Everything must be considered until solidly ruled out.
As to the degree of "planning and coverup" involved with a staging IF this was due to an overdose gone wrong, I have worked with offenders in the justice system. I know many would go to an extreme extent to coverup if they were on probation or parole and would be facing instant incarceration again. And IF a nearby party-location was a hotbed of activity, protection of the locale would be very important also. The web would trap way too many people with way too much to lose. Yeah, maybe they did "go too far" but in the moment, maybe that's not what they were thinking if they were thinking of saving their own lives and lives of others.
Please keep posting. You bring a unique gift to WS.

Thank you. I have been there deep into that culture it was my life for so long, thats why I brought it up. I thought what would I do if I was still that person? Thats why I think what I think, because that's what I would have done. I am free of that lifestyle and way of thinking now but like you said I have insight to offer. So thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018