MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see any victim blaming there its reality she had troubles (we just dont know what type). Its a peeve of mine when anyone passes, any trouble they had gets erased and they get promoted to sainthood. I hope that didnt sound bad.

I've said the same thing many times. You don't sound bad to me. I would rather remember people as they truly were and not as we wish they were. When I go, I hope they remember what a sore loser I was and all of the curse words I yelled at the TV when my Steelers were losing. Remember me, flaws and all.

Possibly, but she had just started the job, so we really have no work history to show anything. It is very possible that getting a job was also a requirement as part of the stipulation that she move back home. JMO

I don't know that there was a stipulation she move back home. I think she moved back home because she couldn't afford to live on her own. I doubt she was paid more than minimum wage at her new job. Her small gas purchases are an indication she was either trying to live on a budget or wanted to carry little money in order to avoid buying drugs.

I have questions about that too and am confused but I haven't been able to keep up with this case as closely as I would like in the past few weeks.

I think she died from being burned over 98% of her body.

These are the questions I have about the heroin OD theory:

How could she overdose on heroin when the FC said she was alive and talking when he got there?

And why the trauma to the side of her head that her father said she had? I cant see her overdosing and then having the wherewithal to be able to get out of a burning car and then be able to talk.

And the ME would know if heroin was the cause of death since she was able to escape the vehicle and wasn't burned completely up. LE has said this case is a homicide haven't they? How would they know if she overdosed accidentally on her own or by someone else giving her too much heroin?

Do we even know if she was doing drugs at the time she was murdered? I thought she was trying to get her life back on track and had started a new job at Goodys Department store?

How could she overdose and still be alive when they got to the scene?

Maybe I am missing a lot and need to go back and read further back

Sorry for all the questions wfgodot.

I hope someone more knowledgable will respond, but when discussing the theory that she may have suffered an overdose of some drug, I believe they're talking about a non-lethal overdose that may have altered her consciousness, breathing, etc. Perhaps it *appeared* she had died by OD (although we know cause of death was actually thermal injuries) and the perpetrator(s) set the blaze to cover up any link. It is possible to survive an overdose. I personally am not sure what to make of all this.

I hope someone more knowledgable will respond, but when discussing the theory that she may have suffered an overdose of some drug, I believe they're talking about a non-lethal overdose that may have altered her consciousness, breathing, etc. Perhaps it *appeared* she had died by OD (although we know cause of death was actually thermal injuries) and the perpetrator(s) set the blaze to cover up any link. It is possible to survive an overdose. I personally am not sure what to make of all this.
That is what I assumed we were talking about as well. Non-lethal.

An overdose doesn't automatically mean death. I think its just taking more than perscribed or recommended, causing and impairment but can be deadly. Dang it now I feel silly but I thought i knew exactly what it meant, now I need to go look it up. Stop my cogs from turning.

I have just finished reading the thread and wanted to put my 2 cents in. Not much has been said about the person that she had been seeing who was the reason why she was in a battered women's shelter. I would think he would be the most obvious suspect. I don't see a cover up of drug OD as likely. Why bother burning the car when you can just leave her in it and walk or drive away? its much simpler. I think whoever did this had malice and anger, which is why I think a look at the boyfriend is a must.

Anyone know why anonymous is looking into this? they seem to think it is gang related but I am not clear why they think this case needs their help.

Was at a "party", drugged and then set on fire to cover up the evidence. What I've thought since the very beginning. Auntie sha sha probably has an idea about what happened or was going to happen.

not that I don't think JC might have taken drugs by her own choice, but the key question now is: was she drugged? If so, how much, what kind, for what purpose (death or loss of consciousness/warning) and of course, BY WHOM?

BY "it went to far", does Sha Sha mean that she wasn't supposed to be OD'd? she wasn't supposed to die? there wasn't supposed to be a fire? they were just trying to get her back in the circle/cycle of addiction and the other activities that possibly went along with that previously that JC may have been involved in?

I have just finished reading the thread and wanted to put my 2 cents in. Not much has been said about the person that she had been seeing who was the reason why she was in a battered women's shelter. I would think he would be the most obvious suspect. I don't see a cover up of drug OD as likely. Why bother burning the car when you can just leave her in it and walk or drive away? its much simpler. I think whoever did this had malice and anger, which is why I think a look at the boyfriend is a must.

Anyone know why anonymous is looking into this? they seem to think it is gang related but I am not clear why they think this case needs their help.

the abusive bf is in jail. but that doesn't mean his arm doesn't reach beyond the jail walls.

Aren't the abusive boyfriend who is in jail, and the one that lives in the next state over 2 different people? I need to read up about this, because I was wondering the same thing.

not that I don't think JC might have taken drugs by her own choice, but the key question now is: was she drugged? If so, how much, what kind, for what purpose (death or loss of consciousness/warning) and of course, BY WHOM?

BY "it went to far", does Sha Sha mean that she wasn't supposed to be OD'd? she wasn't supposed to die? there wasn't supposed to be a fire? they were just trying to get her back in the circle/cycle of addiction and the other activities that possibly went along with that previously that JC may have been involved in?

More good questions. If (just an if) JC was given some illegal substance (versus took willingly) at said party (assuming there was one), perhaps it was a warning that someone could get to her/at her, i.e., that the someone had a long reach. How could that go too far is the next question, I guess. One answer is that someone was supposed to "warn" her but lost control. But if an accelerant was truly used, that seems premeditated. Perhaps another answer is that some (one or more?) thought it would be a warning, but someone else knew otherwise from the start.

TBH, I've never considered this theory before. But a culture does seem to exist that could facilitate it. JMO.

Especially if someone suspected JC may be involved with said someone's boyfriend, whether it was perceived/real/irrational. "Jealous" girlfriends can be ruthless, and it sounds from SM that there were a couple of tensions between JC and others, and cryptic threats. Jmo
Boy,this is a hard post to write. Please,do not accuse me of posting this as a homework assignment for a creative writing class.:smile:

My entire life I have been bookish. Most of my friends were other bookish girls. Not that we did not love rock groups & concerts or going to dances. But,we were not sought after 'prom or date material' by the boys.

Enough about me. Now to my point I had a fair number of pretty girlfriends. Literally the boys would not leave them alone. I guess popular is a fair way of categorizing it. Oh, and I remember how catty & competitive some girls could be behind their backs.

Jessica was pretty & good at sports and excelled in cheerleading. I am sure she could have been a homecoming princess/queen. That can bring out the worst in boys who might have tried to date her and/or girls who thought she was out to get the very boys they wanted to date.

I do not want to portray this as motive but I do believe this could be part of the story.
Thanks for reading my post. MOO

You are correct, based upon what I have read.
Aren't the abusive boyfriend who is in jail, and the one that lives in the next state over 2 different people? I need to read up about this, because I was wondering the same thing.

I wish msm would start caring again. If they report a story they need to commit to it from start to finish. At least give us something so we can have a linear path of thought, so we can get on the same page. I want something legitimate to sleuth and to discuss instead of the murky websites that have nothing but rumors and garble.

I wish msm would start caring again. If they report a story they need to commit to it from start to finish. At least give us something so we can have a linear path of thought, so we can get on the same page. I want something legitimate to sleuth and to discuss instead of the murky websites that have nothing but rumors and garble.
I'm hoping the case is solved soon. I keep holding out hope that are pretty sure who committed the murder, but are lacking evidence for charges at this time. After all of the interviews/interrogations conducted, one would assume LE has at least an inkling. Very frustrating thinking someone might get away with this.

I will say one thing for those murky websites...among all the garbage they print are probably some things that will turn out to be truths, and even if they have agendas, they are about all that is keeping this story in the news, and they MAY make enough noise to push LE to get to the truth. For all the bad press they get, and deservedly so sometimes, I fully believe that they are what pulled the FBI in, and I think we can all agree that that may be our best hope for seeing Jessica's killer(s) brought to justice.

IMO, some of the "murky" info gathered from various "other" sources are closer to life (or should I say, reality) than most of the surface-level, sugar-coated candy MSM is feeding us. We just need to use our intellect and filter out the waste if you will. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm beginning to think she had a series of abusive boyfriends.

you could widen that to abusive males (and females) in her life. It's a culture of trauma perpetuating trauma.

anyway, in thinking more about the idea of JC being drugged, I am really leaning that way. I hadn't considered it before. But if she were trying to get out of the life, getting her hooked again would be the goal of anyone who gained anything from her previous activities. maybe it wasn't even a warning, but an attempt to get her (back?) on drugs (meth most likely, but could be anything). getting her to go to the party was important to get her to ingest substance(s) willingly or not.
I am hoping this was the case bc that would eliminate premeditated arson as the intent, which is too awful to accept. and it would simplify the issues of gangs, race, retaliations/warnings/jealousy etc. It would be an "accidental OD" which was covered up to an extent that caused death. maybe the theoretical cover-up of the theoretical OD wasn't even meant to kill her, just to cover up the OD. if she were obviously burned, but not fatally, and had previously died of an OD (or was perceived to have died), people may have thought there would be no lab testing done bc of the burns.

IMO, some of the "murky" info gathered from various "other" sources are closer to life (or should I say, reality) than most of the surface-level, sugar-coated candy MSM is feeding us. We just need use our intellect and filter out the waste if you will. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seriously. the msm thing is a hindrance. if we can't know or discuss anything msm doesn't state, no one will ever figure anything out. msm is surface level.
I wish discussing other publications would be ok if there was no slander or libel or accusations. limiting sleuthing of people to who have been named in MSM seems like a good parameter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025