MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's starting to seem to me, the people who know the most factual information about what happened that night whether LE or otherwise, would say the least, publicly or otherwise. If you heard it on MSM, blogs, SM or whatever, it probably doesn't have that 'smoking gun' detail needed to get to suspects who did this. Taking that as fact, for a moment, apparently, all the information and evidence gathered thus far still does not provide for suspect/s or arrest/s. I don't think it's a case of wanting a strong case, it's that LE at this point has no solid idea yet on who this could be with much more information available to them. How could that be possible and still be somebody local? I wonder if LE has video of any public transport areas like bus stops, train depots, etc... if perp/s took a walk through the woods to public transport, or hopped a train? It may have been somebody without a driver lic., without a car and not able to carry any kind of weapon due to probation or something. As much as the act of burning Jessica Chambers alive or not, in this perp/s head/s and mind/s may have been an act of owning her and complete conscience cruelty, though she will always belong to her own, it may have been, as mentioned by WSers up thread as well, a crude attempt to stage, destroy evidence and getaway unknown, unseen and unsuspected.

I know its more or likely not the case with an od. I just don't want to imagine someone who is so dark at heart, so far removed from humanity could do this. By her friends accounts she was a nice person. She wasn't a Mengele or Ishii. So why? What did she do to deserve to die in such a horrible fashion? I don't want to imagine her fear or her suffering.

Unfortunately, there are individual(s) in the world that don't value human or any living beings lives; not sure why but maybe some don't get enough parental love/support or just have serious mental problems or so many other reasons. But imo the one thing that stands out about JC is that she was a fighter and "scrappy" (I mean this in a good way), so I hope she stayed fighting and her suffering ended quickly (assuming homicide).

There are so many positive things that can come out of this as horrendous as it is that Jessica died and her parents lost a child. First, hopefully LE will catch criminals (assuming homicide); and correct/prevent some of the obvious dysfunction in the community (ie gangs, corruption, drug/human trafficking, parent/community guidance/support); and making communities safer for teenagers. For me, reading MSM on JC's life is both tragic and hopeful, tragic that a teenager should have to go through so much ugliness/dysfunction, but Jessica still had hope and seemed positive. It's hopeful because communities can reverse this dysfunction (clean up drug problems, etc). JC in some way put a spotlight on her community, and it's up to others to see the potential for betterment (even if O/D or suicide)/ Jmo.

Did I miss a factual basis for this "heroin OD coverup" speculation, i.e. evidence that the drug was possibly involved in the need for what happened later??

I don't think so. But for the sake of speculation, I'd choose meth over heroin (if someone potentially did drug her). Since there's not a whole lot to do right now except speculate, if someone wanted to get her messed up, it really wouldn't matter if she was or had been a user, IMO ... suspicion would be enough. Say someone heard she wanted to write a book that said person really didn't want written ... discrediting her might seem like a way to silence her. Just a thought ... maybe a bit out there.

I know its more or likely not the case with an od. I just don't want to imagine someone who is so dark at heart, so far removed from humanity could do this. By her friends accounts she was a nice person. She wasn't a Mengele or Ishii. So why? What did she do to deserve to die in such a horrible fashion? I don't want to imagine her fear or her suffering.

I know what you mean. I keep trying to work out ways it could have been an accident. I don't want to think somebody hated her so much and they wanted her to suffer like that.

There is sufficient (MSM/LE) factual information to support a plausible theory that drugs were in some way involved in Jessica's death. So, as long as no one is directing outright accusations of foul play against named individuals, the discussion can continue.

Monster, I hadn't really considered the possible OD/cover-up angle. It is definitely plausible. Especially since I'm not convinced JC drove herself to that specific location where the car was found. Just a hunch that she didn't.

Did I miss a factual basis for this "heroin OD coverup" speculation, i.e. evidence that the drug was possibly involved in the need for what happened later??

I have questions about that too and am confused but I haven't been able to keep up with this case as closely as I would like in the past few weeks.

I think she died from being burned over 98% of her body.

These are the questions I have about the heroin OD theory:

How could she overdose on heroin when the FC said she was alive and talking when he got there?

And why the trauma to the side of her head that her father said she had? I cant see her overdosing and then having the wherewithal to be able to get out of a burning car and then be able to talk.

And the ME would know if heroin was the cause of death since she was able to escape the vehicle and wasn't burned completely up. LE has said this case is a homicide haven't they? How would they know if she overdosed accidentally on her own or by someone else giving her too much heroin?

Do we even know if she was doing drugs at the time she was murdered? I thought she was trying to get her life back on track and had started a new job at Goodys Department store?

How could she overdose and still be alive when they got to the scene?

Maybe I am missing a lot and need to go back and read further back

Sorry for all the questions wfgodot.

This may not be a popular opinion, and I promise that in no way should anything I say be construed in any way as victim blaming, but we have read that by all indications Jessica had turned her life around after her stint in the 'shelter'. She had moved back in with her mother and had just started a new job. But isn't it possible that she had not changed, but had merely played the role she knew she needed to play to get released and be able to move back home and get her car back? Perhaps she really wanted to change when she was at the shelter, but when she got back into her real world she found she was still surrounded by the same 'friends' that she had earlier. Let's face it. I haven't seen much evidence that there were many decent, law-abiding people in her life for many years, including family. Maybe she fell back into the life she felt comfortable with and did willingly go to the 'party', thinking it would be more fun than going back home to mama. I do think she ran into more than she wanted to at the party, and I do believe she was killed as a direct result of it, and I do strongly believe that several people know exactly what and who. I am very curious to know what the autopsy and forensic tests will show. All JMO, as always.

Unfortunately, there are individual(s) in the world that don't value human or any living beings lives; not sure why but maybe some don't get enough parental love/support or just have serious mental problems or so many other reasons. But imo the one thing that stands out about JC is that she was a fighter and "scrappy" (I mean this in a good way), so I hope she stayed fighting and her suffering ended quickly (assuming homicide).

There are so many positive things that can come out of this as horrendous as it is that Jessica died and her parents lost a child. First, hopefully LE will catch criminals (assuming homicide); and correct/prevent some of the obvious dysfunction in the community (ie gangs, corruption, drug/human trafficking, parent/community guidance/support); and making communities safer for teenagers. For me, reading MSM on JC's life is both tragic and hopeful, tragic that a teenager should have to go through so much ugliness/dysfunction, but Jessica still had hope and seemed positive. It's hopeful because communities can reverse this dysfunction (clean up drug problems, etc). JC in some way put a spotlight on her community, and it's up to others to see the potential for betterment (even if O/D or suicide)/ Jmo.

Other than making an arrest and removing a killer from society, I see nothing "good" coming from the death of this young woman because, other than her parents and a few friends, locals don't seem to care. Instead of spending their money on poinsettias for a shrine, they should be making a donation in her name to the local safe shelter. Take a look at the Board of Directors. Half of the positions are vacant and there is no permanent executive director. It's a clear sign that locals don't care enough to get involved and that's a real shame on the adult leaders of this community.

http://www.batesvillesafeshelter.com/page7.html

This may not be a popular opinion, and I promise that in no way should anything I say be construed in any way as victim blaming, but we have read that by all indications Jessica had turned her life around after her stint in the 'shelter'. She had moved back in with her mother and had just started a new job. But isn't it possible that she had not changed, but had merely played the role she knew she needed to play to get released and be able to move back home and get her car back? Perhaps she really wanted to change when she was at the shelter, but when she got back into her real world she found she was still surrounded by the same 'friends' that she had earlier. Let's face it. I haven't seen much evidence that there were many decent, law-abiding people in her life for many years, including family. Maybe she fell back into the life she felt comfortable with and did willingly go to the 'party', thinking it would be more fun than going back home to mama. I do think she ran into more than she wanted to at the party, and I do believe she was killed as a direct result of it, and I do strongly believe that several people know exactly what and who. I am very curious to know what the autopsy and forensic tests will show. All JMO, as always.
I think this was a great, honest post. I didn't see it as victim blaming at all. We have all made our share of bad choices in life. Sometimes, they come back to bite us. And sometimes they kill us. Unfortunately, I think JC was killed by those who were either currently in her inner circle or once were. At 19, we think we will live forever.

The fact that she had a new job in Batesville is a sign she wasn't relapsing back into a lifestyle. The point of the programs in a shelter is to rebuild self-esteem and to be able to work and provide for oneself rather than depend on a abusive partner to do it. I still believe her death is out of jealousy and revenge and is tied to her relationships.

Other than making an arrest and removing a killer from society, I see nothing "good" coming from the death of this young woman because, other than her parents and a few friends, locals don't seem to care. Instead of spending their money on poinsettias for a shrine, they should be making a donation in her name to the local safe shelter. Take a look at the Board of Directors. Half of the positions are vacant and there is no permanent executive director. It's a clear sign that locals don't care enough to get involved and that's a real shame on the adult leaders of this community.

http://www.batesvillesafeshelter.com/page7.html

To some it's easier to throw pocket change on flowers, than to work on solving the problems that plague their community.

The fact that she had a new job in Batesville is a sign she wasn't relapsing back into a lifestyle. The point of the programs in a shelter is to rebuild self-esteem and to be able to work and provide for oneself rather than depend on a abusive partner to do it. I still believe her death is out of jealousy and revenge and is tied to her relationships.

Possibly, but she had just started the job, so we really have no work history to show anything. It is very possible that getting a job was also a requirement as part of the stipulation that she move back home. JMO

To some it's easier to throw pocket change on flowers, than to work on solving the problems that plague their community.
Sad, but true. I go out every so many months and March for peace in our town. In fact, many of us show up. One year, it even resulted in a gang truce. Unfortunately, that truce didn't last. But more people need to show up. No excuse for apathy. Ever!

Don't see any victim blaming there its reality she had troubles (we just dont know what type). Its a peeve of mine when anyone passes, any trouble they had gets erased and they get promoted to sainthood. I hope that didnt sound bad.

Thank you for stating this much more gently & eloquently than I could, Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025