MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we've skipped over a few steps in the process and jumped straight to motives and theories to "solve" this case. As far as I can see, there has been no evidence released that indicates any crime was committed, much less what crime(s) or by whom.

We are free to speculate until the cows come home. Seems strange to me to imagine that the most horrific possibilities are what happened to this girl. I have posted links before showing that people die in initially unexplained automobile fires more frequently than we would think. Vast majority don't turn out to be messages sent by a gang or a torture murder of the victim for revenge. Most aren't even crimes. They are from carelessness of vehicle operator or from equipment failure/damage unknown to the driver.

JMO

I agree. So far I haven't seen any evidence that JC was set on fire by another person or that someone else poured accelerant down her throat and up her nose. It could have been an electrical fire due to some mechanical failure.

I, too, posted links to alternative reasons for car fires. Flash fires can occur when teens huff gas, lighter fluid or other solvents used for inhalant abuse in an enclosed place like a car. Some huffers pour the liquid in their nose and down their throat instead of just inhaling the fumes. Smokers are more at risk of their airways catching on fire because they're high and light a cigarette without a second thought, but it can happen to nonsmokers as well. If the car was parked with the front seats reclined, maybe someone was with JC who talked her into huffing then ran away when she caught on fire.

Focusing on just the 12-17 yr old age group, over 2.6 million use inhalants each year. Huffing is the fourth most abused substance after alcohol, tobacco, and marijuana. Statistics about huffing related deaths are underestimated because the deaths are often attributed to other causes. More than 1,400 common household items can be huffed. Please talk to your kids and grandkids about the dangers of huffing. They don't understand that just one huff can cause Sudden Sniffing Death (a massive heart attack).

The gas was supposed to be purchased for a generator ..... does anyone know if GasMan even owns a generator .... that would be one of the first questions out of my mouth if I were LE or DA.

He's out awaiting trial for the charges described in that article.

Actually the last thing I recall reading about that particular GM was that the judge denied his request for a reduction in his $110,000 bond, and that his case was being referred to the grand jury. I do not recall ever seeing that he was released. Thus I believe that that GM may not be the same GM in the interview with RDT (RDM). I believe also that I am the only WS member with this belief.

However it boggles my mind that his case would take this long to be resolved, that he would be out on bond; and lastly, that someone would put up a $110,000 bond for him.

If someone did, I would be looking at where that money came from.

Perhaps the up-coming case against Terry Maurice Young will open some dark secrets.

~snipped~
I hope when this is over that a really good author will write a book about this. There are so many subplots and the overall message could have deep meaningful intent and value. It could change lives and I think that is what Jessica wanted from "her story" being told. Sadly, it is her death that makes it even more powerfully transformative. Fly, Jessica, fly, and send all the help you can in solving your murder AND in changing lives. Who will "speak" for her? (Maybe the author in whom she confided?)
I thought the author only spoke to her the once at a book signing or something and all Jessica mentioned was she would like to write a book about her life? Didn't the author say she didn't have time to speak with her and now wished she would have? Did I miss something?

I've been trying to keep up with all the posts but this blog is extremely long .... who choked JC in a previous altercation and why? If I were LE and DA I would be extremely interested in interviewing that person.

I agree. So far I haven't seen any evidence that JC was set on fire by another person or that someone else poured accelerant down her throat and up her nose. It could have been an electrical fire due to some mechanical failure.

I, too, posted links to alternative reasons for car fires. Flash fires can occur when teens huff gas, lighter fluid or other solvents used for inhalant abuse in an enclosed place like a car. Some huffers pour the liquid in their nose and down their throat instead of just inhaling the fumes. Smokers are more at risk of their airways catching on fire because they're high and light a cigarette without a second thought, but it can happen to nonsmokers as well. If the car was parked with the front seats reclined, maybe someone was with JC who talked her into huffing then ran away when she caught on fire.

Focusing on just the 12-17 yr old age group, over 2.6 million use inhalants each year. Huffing is the fourth most abused substance after alcohol, tobacco, and marijuana. Statistics about huffing related deaths are underestimated because the deaths are often attributed to other causes. More than 1,400 common household items can be huffed. Please talk to your kids and grandkids about the dangers of huffing. They don't understand that just one huff can cause Sudden Sniffing Death (a massive heart attack).

I appreciate you sharing this information about inhalants (and flash fires) and will share it. It never ceases to amaze me how kids can even begin to think that inhaling chemical substances could be safe or a feasible thing to do. The same goes for drinking bottles of cough syrup. Just no.

In terms of this case, however, I remain skeptical. When I first heard of JC's horrible death, I did consider that her car had a mechanical failure/flash fire. When I was her age, I drove a red Ford Pinto that ended up having a fiery reputation. And I do think that her model car has had some issues. Also, you bring up good points about huffing. But for whatever reason, LE was quick to label this a homicide, and now the FBI and ATF (etc.) are involved. These agencies have had one month to ascertain what caused JC (and her car) to catch on fire. While a possible first response might have been mechanical failure or even a rolling meth lab, that it was so quickly labeled homicide strikes me as significant. I truly think that LE (and the FBI, ATF, etc.) know something that we don't. JMO.

Yeah, a young woman in our area wrecked her car and was killed after huffing computer cleaning aerosol .... so stupid.

I, for one, would hate to think the FBI is so inept that they'd throw $25,000 of reward money in the pot for answers about an accidental death.

I appreciate you sharing this information about inhalants (and flash fires) and will share it. It never ceases to amaze me how kids can even begin to think that inhaling chemical substances could be safe or a feasible thing to do. The same goes for drinking bottles of cough syrup. Just no.

In terms of this case, however, I remain skeptical. When I first heard of JC's horrible death, I did consider that her car had a mechanical failure/flash fire. When I was her age, I drove a red Ford Pinto that ended up having a fiery reputation. And I do think that her model car has had some issues. Also, you bring up good points about huffing. But for whatever reason, LE was quick to label this a homicide, and now the FBI and ATF (etc.) are involved. These agencies have had one month to ascertain what caused JC (and her car) to catch on fire. While a possible first response might have been mechanical failure or even a rolling meth lab, that it was so quickly labeled homicide strikes me as significant. I truly think that LE (and the FBI, ATF, etc.) know something that we don't. JMO.

They know a LOT that we don't, but they're keeping it close to their vests. They HAVE to make sure they have ALL the correct evidence before an arrest is made and before taking it to trial.

Absolutely. LE ruled this a homicide...

I wish we could compile a list of statements made by officials. Like:

This is a homicide
An excelerant was used
JC said something to first responders

JMO

LE and DA ruled it as a homicide at the scene.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. I'm baffled by so many people's insistence that it was either a suicide or an accident. Then again, we all have a right to our own opinions and we should respect that right.

I keep thinking that if she spoke at all, she tried to say her OWN name. Originally it was said that she was unrecognizable, then they quickly knew who she was. Did she try to say Jessica ? JMO

I, for one, would hate to think the FBI is so inept that they'd throw $25,000 of reward money in the pot for answers about an accidental death.
They wouldn't be losing 25k if it was an accidental death or a suicide so yes...they could still offer it. They aren't inept and maybe it is a smart move to see if it increases the leads or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shevet