MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first time to actually comment ..... I normally just read the threads ..... I'm quite the fan of each and every one of you to take the time and try to help so many people! Well first off I'm from Nashville Tn so I do know a bit about Southerners... I'm a Pharmacist and I lived in a small town in Alabama for a couple of years and it was heartbreaking! no jobs, no entertainment..way to much time on their hands...I kinda feel like this town in Ms is the same way if not worse...along with many others all over the country where people don't seem to have a very bright future...... This crime was so horrendous on every level that surely there is someone in that town that will open up...its way to small for somebody to not know something. Of course this is all just my opinion and thanks so much for letting me be part of your group!
Dee
:greetings: :welcome4: Great first post! I agree the town sounds much the same as other tiny burgs that only exist due to a post office and a few people who were born into the fabric. Part of the problem could be some might know things, but they have known the people, their parents, and/or grandparents forever...so they say nothing. But $$$ may shake something loose there. Some people would sell their own grandmother for a few bucks. ;)

Glad to have you as part of our group! We should be thanking you as we like new points of view. :)

I find myself thinking more on the increased reward $$$. I think if someone is going to talk or was tempted to + knows they could cut a deal if need be, he or she would not have jumped immediately at this. But it's being heavily considered + this person will think about it for more than a day or two before coming forward (if he or she indeed does decide to come forward).

Think about it. What do y'all think?

I think they need to bump it again. Which they will if time passes and still no one has come forward. The term no honor among thieves comes to mind. No, I'm not calling anyone a thief, and that clarification isn't for you southernyank :) IMO this crime wasn't committed by one or two perps, and in such a brazen manner that they weren't too concerned with how well it was concealed. They're all counting on intimidation keeping mouths shut. The money gets big enough either one of the perps tries to go states evidence, or one of their not so quiet associates blows them in. When greed overcomes fear, you'll get some information. If it were a matter of conscience or ethical responsibility we'd be discussing arrests by now.

Interesting read on the clashdaily. Don Joy seems to be a credible writer but that all hinges on credible sources.

In other news , Jerry Peria was arrested in Batesville today. Peria retired from NFL last year. No connection to the cj case but man there is a lot happening in that county.

Interesting read on the clashdaily. Don Joy seems to be a credible writer but that all hinges on credible sources.

In other news , Jerry Peria was arrested in Batesville today. Peria retired from NFL last year. No connection to the cj case but man there is a lot happening in that county.

BBM. It was a good story, one that could be confirmed easily. I wouldn't give it too much weight until it hits a more credible publication though.

Does anyone remember if one of the ws'ers put a list of characters and their alias together on one of the previous threads?

If CW was on the up and up, with a clean conscience she would've, at the very least, walked over to check on LC after JC's death. It'a common that after a death, family, friends, neighbors show up at the family home with casseroles, desserts, sandwich trays. Some stop by to chat talk and see who else is there. Sometimes people who can't attend the funeral stop by to pay their respects. This may be a regional thing, but my point is that if CW had wanted to see LC she could've dropped by and made an appearance. That she didn't makes her look even more suspicious.
When I was JC's age I met most of my older friend through work.
One small thing ... IMO, it's strange that CW said "I've known her forever" about JC, yet LC doesn't seem like she knows CW well enough to go and talk to about JC. That raises a red flag for me: How did JC get so close with CW, given their age difference? I'm not saying that neighbors can't be close with neighbors of different ages, but it seems like they'd been friends for quite awhile. Yet LC didn't know her enough to ask the tough questions? Could CW have been a friend of her dad's or something? I'm curious about where and how JC and CW first met. Am I missing something?

Very interesting. And of course the names of "Eric" & "Derrick" come up again. Maybe JC was speaking (during her final hours) about past instances that provoked the ruthless attack on her?
Nonetheless, the links above mention how violent the County is & it is from 2012---clearly nothing has improved!

Moo

I feel the need to point out that whatever words poor Jessica might have uttered were not in her final "hours", but in her final few precious moments of life. Let's please not lose sight of that.

I feel the need to point out that whatever words poor Jessica might have uttered were not in her final "hours", but in her final few precious moments of life. Let's please not lose sight of that.

Bessie---why "moments"? She remained alive for hours as she was helicoptered from the scene to the hospital. And her family was there too.
We don't know how much she was able to speak from the time CH (fireman) until hours later when she passed away in the hospital.

From memory, CH was at the scene at approx 8pm & JC passed on in the hospital at approx 2:15 am.

Moo

She died of thermal burns to her airway. "The worst" some of them had seen in all their years as first responders.
I hope she was intubated post haste per protocol! If she wasn't they could sue. Airway management is of the utmost and only concern. One you lose it, there is zero chance of survival. If she was able to say two words I'd be shocked! I don't believe there is any way medically possible she was " talking" to anyone. I don't understand why it's being reported the way it is. Maybe they want those responsible to think she told them everything. Not with 3rd degree burns over 98% of her body. "Her arms were up" the muscles had begun to burn. The throat is a much more sensitive area. It is so sad!!! That poor poor girl. = (
http://www.uptodate.com/contents/em...ts?source=outline_link&view=text&anchor=H5#H5

TY Pamela....I have no medical expertise, but I can't imagine her being able to talk, either. What is disturbing to me is what the supposed names she said were...Eric Derrick, blah blah blah. If she did not say anything, why were those names selected to be the ones she purportedly said. That misinformation sent the investigation on a trajectory or direction from which no one has completely diverged. Also, as far as I can tell, she was not intubated until sometime in the helicopter. Wouldn't medical personnel have been able to intubate her at the scene? Seems like a VERY long time before that measure was taken. JMO

Except that he was FB friends with the only person who has been cleared in this case. Not sure how good of friends they were, but Peria made at least one comment on his page

<snipped>

Wow! This guy is not very bright IMO.
Caught with some weed while driving and walked away from $890,000. :gaah:

'Over his career, Jerry made $10.3 million and should be in good shape if he didn’t squander his money [on pot]'.

http://www.wtva.com/mostpopular/sto...ia-Jerry-arrested/9yMAWS7RZEms9FOMgIwQvQ.cspx

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/ex-falcons-jerry-arrested-in-mississippi/njqGd/

I imagine that Jessica's last hours were spent in an unconscious state. I hope so anyway. Her injuries were such that I would think she would be medically sedated or placed in a coma if she hadn't been unconscious through natural process. The pain of the burns. I cannot even conceive.

So I would sincerely hope that her attempts to communicate took place during her last moments of consciousness and that she never regained consciousness. To think otherwise is too horrible :(

BBM. It was a good story, one that could be confirmed easily. I wouldn't give it too much weight until it hits a more credible publication though.
I agree wholeheartedly here. There have been many good stories associated with this case. In fact, the number of stories, rumors, theories is equal to or greater than the number of residents in Courtland, MS. From LE corruption to Gas Can Man to family involvement. Gangs, drugs, domestic violence, "lover's quarrel", family dysfunction, terrorism, revenge, jealousy, snitching, white supremacists, etc... I mean the list goes on and on. But only one thing is for certain. No one has been charged with this crime. I am not sure what to believe at this point, so I'm not believing anything. I've gone over and over everything we "know" and I find that we don't really know anything. Everything that has been reported in MSM seems questionable. Did she speak? Party? Was she walking? Lying next to the car? Found by the road? Accelerant used on JC, the car, both, neither? Contradictions. Misinformation. Strange characters. It is all enough to make your head spin. Complicating matters(for us), no access to any conclusive evidence. No autopsy findings to mull over. No access to the 911 call. So, we wait. And I'm not very good at that :(

Just a theory that popped into my head this morning, probably wrong, but what if they already DO have a witness to Jessica being with one or more individuals in the hour or so prior to her murder, but that witness is one who wouldn't be considered credible by any courts? What if their one witness is a drug addict, and LE is putting the money out there to try to persuade a more "respected" and credible witness to come forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member