MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure. IIRC, the total is at $38,000. Perhaps the remaining amount is via crimestoppers? Not sure why they are not included in the FBI website/poster.

I think that it's safe to say that the 25 thousand is really reward money. Not sure about the rest. That was/is a separate account and may have been collected by and for the family. JMO

I am reluctant to say this, and certainly would not have until some of the listeners' emotions were settled after her interview with Tricia Thursday night, but to me, it sounded like that interview was far more about her than Jessica. She wanted to assure people that she (the mom) wasn't in a gang and BC (the dad) wouldn't do anything to Jessica. It was like she wanted to assure us that they were good parents. While that is important to know, and I don't really think anyone here believes that her or BC were involved in killing Jessica, getting her to talk about Jessica was like pulling teeth, imo. I'm not sure if she wanted to protect Jessica's reputation, which is very understandable, but Jessica is dead now and the only way she can be helped is by finding her killer(s). It seems that Jessica may have had a life her mom didn't know much about, or wouldn't acknowledge, and that isn't going to help anything. I know I will get blasted for saying this, but that is what I got most out of that interview. I hope she was more forthcoming in any questions LE may have asked. And yes, my heart goes out to Lisa, BC, and everyone who loved Jessica. I can't imagine what they must still be going through. All JMO

I totally agree and had the same thought. LC came on the show specifically to deal with the gang rumors. she didn't really agree to talk about anything else. so yes, it was more about the family and if they are part of any gangs than about Jessica or her killer(s).

Yes, depending on the situation. Green card, if one of the two doesn't have citizenship. Years ago, some members of the gay community would agree to do so to protect their public image, but I certainly hope nobody would feel the need to do so in this day and age of openness and acceptance. Business alliances have been formed by marriage in the past. And of course, there is criminal intent, in duping someone wealthy into marriage for the money.

now I feel totally naive for asking the question. :)

I read it, and it kept me awake last night thinking about it and wondering if it could be true. Such horror to think about someone (especially a supposed friend) witnessing that and not stepping in to stop it. Then I thought about this witness saying s/he witnessed it from across the street (I *think*) and that made me wonder how this was even possible to see what went on in a motel room from across the street, so I'm hoping this didn't happen to Jessica. If LE checked this out, I think it would be pretty easy to determine the credibility of the "witness" by viewing the log of who registered for a room there that night, and also assuming the motel would have cameras, seeing who went in and out of that motel in that time frame.

I *had* a theory before I read that blog last night,. I thought it had to be personal. This makes it look like a thrill killing for no other reason than pure, hard evil.

pretty sure that kind of motel, the kind CW supposedly cleaned rooms at, is not the kind that would keep a register or log. probably just cash payment. if they did, it's prob just first name, and prob not a real name anyway.

pretty sure that kind of motel, the kind CW supposedly cleaned rooms at, is not the kind that would keep a register or log. probably just cash payment. if they did, it's prob just first name, and prob not a real name anyway.

Maybe I got this wrong, but the supposed witness not only from their place of business across the street, recognized Jessica being abducted and witnessed what happened inside a motel room???? NOT And could identify two of 4 African Americans???? Absolute, utter and complete BS. JMO

Didn't Jessica's mom state in the interview with Tricia that Jessica had house slippers on? I must have missed where she stated that she was barefoot. In the video from the gas station she doesn't look barefoot at all to me.

Didn't Jessica's mom state in the interview with Tricia that Jessica had house slippers on? I must have missed where she stated that she was barefoot. In the video from the gas station she doesn't look barefoot at all to me.

I heard house slippers, too. JMO

I do not know if Trisha agreed to not ask certain questions of Lisa, but, In my opinion, they were softball questions. I know that Trisha and all of us, would really like to know more than Lisa divulged. I must presume that some questions were off-limits. JMO...Lisa appeared to not be interested in the details of what happened to her daughter. She appeared to not want to investigate on her own. JMO

I totally agree and had the same thought. LC came on the show specifically to deal with the gang rumors. she didn't really agree to talk about anything else. so yes, it was more about the family and if they are part of any gangs than about Jessica or her killer(s).

Maybe that's all she really could do, though. If she truly didn't know much about some aspects of Jessica's life - and that's believable to me - she only commented on those things she felt she could with some degree of certainty.

There's so much that probably factors into her answers in that interview - her personality, her life experiences (recent + much older), her education, her mental + emotional state, whether she has been instructed not to comment on some items, and if she's on any kind of medication. To the latter point, I kinda hope she is. (I would want to be! Please pass the Xanax.)

Maybe I got this wrong, but the supposed witness not only from their place of business across the street, recognized Jessica being abducted and witnessed what happened inside a motel room???? NOT And could identify two of 4 African Americans???? Absolute, utter and complete BS. JMO

possibly. but I was thinking about the timing of the clash article and the 2 arrests that occurred on 1/9 of local individuals who have been questioned previously. there was thought when they were arrested that they were being arrested to put pressure on them to get more info out of them. it kind of makes sense - that the arrested individuals did give more info, but all the info they are giving about their location at the time of the crime would have to be obscured to not give away their identities.
I could take it to mean that the witness' place of business is the same place where the assaults took place, although the witness may have been across the street at the time (get away car?).

She died of thermal burns to her airway. "The worst" some of them had seen in all their years as first responders.
I hope she was intubated post haste per protocol! If she wasn't they could sue. Airway management is of the utmost and only concern. One you lose it, there is zero chance of survival. If she was able to say two words I'd be shocked! I don't believe there is any way medically possible she was " talking" to anyone. I don't understand why it's being reported the way it is. Maybe they want those responsible to think she told them everything. Not with 3rd degree burns over 98% of her body. "Her arms were up" the muscles had begun to burn. The throat is a much more sensitive area. It is so sad!!! That poor poor girl. = (
http://www.uptodate.com/contents/em...ts?source=outline_link&view=text&anchor=H5#H5
County Coroner Gracie Gulledge says the cause of death was thermal injuries.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/video-probed-in-case-of-mississippi-teen-burned-to-death/

Nowhere did the ME state it was thermal injuries to her airway as COD. While listing the COD as "thermal injuries" could include the airway, we can't jump to that conclusion. I would say many first responders won't treat a person burned over 98% of their body in their entire careers as the chance of survival until help arrives is very slim. It would be the worst for EMTs and volunteer firefighters in a small town statistically. It is rare to have happen at all.

I know of a woman who died of such burns and she spoke to first responders. She doused herself and the room with gasoline then lit it which caused an explosion (blew out the window) so I am certain she had similar thermal injuries as JC.

Back when people here were talking about the soles of JC's feet not being burned, I went back to look at the M&M footage to see if I could tell what type of shoes she was wearing. The outside footage wasn't sharp enough for me to be able to tell, but when JC is inside at the counter, you can see that her camouflage PJ pants almost cover her feet, which are covered in some sort of footwear, but not that I can tell what it is. She certainly didn't appear to be barefoot, but I'd have to go back and look again.

Catching up again......
FBI says she was found on the side of the road? JMO Wouldn't she have been seen immediately when fire department showed up?
I keep wondering if the person who called 911 stayed with her until the firemen arrived. Perhaps they had her sitting in ditch trying to calm her. I don't even know if I believe that but it keeps sticking in my head.
Perhaps CW is fearful for her life. She made the remark "it wasn't supposed to go that far". Someone (s) had to tell her before hand what was planned or afterwards that it went too far. She did not dream those words up! IMO. Has she told LE who told her this?

Also, in an early remark, CW said they left (the party) then corrected herself to she left. To me, that is a strong indication CW was at this so called party. The words came too easily from her mouth. . .as if she was actually recalling an event.

Now my amazement is that CW got herself arrested again! That screams it was on purpose, IMO! She is not new to the criminal system, so why would she do something as stupid as shoplifting? Did she have more to tell LE regarding Jessica? Has something new developed that LE needs to be aware of?
I doubt CW stays out of trouble much. She's probably just doing her norm and they have her in their sights now. Perhaps they are going to keep picking her up until she spills all the beans.

I understand being in fear for your life but whoever out there knows something needs to tell all. Now. I do keep thinking though that these people could be scared of having who shared that info with. I mean if LE really went to the gas station and told about Jessica right after the event I'd wonder if they could keep quiet, too.
LE shouldn't be sharing any info they don't make public with anyone. Not their families, not their friends, not people at a gas station.
JMO

OT LOL How DARE the other websleuthers have a life on Saturday night so as not to gab with us! Ever the couch potato, cady. JMO

OT LOL How DARE the other websleuthers have a life on Saturday night so as not to gab with us! Ever the couch potato, cady. JMO

Been there and done that. Having a life is highly overrated. LOL ;)

I would need quite a bit more info in order to answer that question!

thanks.
OT - do you all think a man would propose marriage to a woman with whom he had not ever dated or had any sort of romantic involvement with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reporter-C.Lin