MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
5/20/2011 Fourth Panola life claimed this year

Phillips was found lying face down in a pool of blood on March 28 in what Sheriff Otis Griffin described as “an attempted drug deal gone bad or a robbery or a combination of both.”

Walton’s burned body was discovered in a drainage ditch on Paul White Road, located north of Como at the Tate County line on May 7. Assistant District Attorney Jay Hale reported Walton’s death likely Stemmed from an argument about stolen narcotics.

Panola County Coroner Gracie Grant-Gulledge said that Walton had been shot multiple times.

Wells was killed after an argument Sunday night. He was shot once in the head, according to Yalobusha County Coroner Ronnie Stark. The shooting followed an altercation, and drugs are believed to be the culprit, according to Water Valley police.

Michael Vincent Ruffin, Damion Stokes, JaQuentin Lawson and Derrick Dunston, all of Crenshaw, face capital murder charges for their alleged roles in the murder of Phillips. Ruffin was also charged with conspiracy to commit murder.

Cousins Odell McBrayer Jr. and Larry McBrayer Jr. along with Antonio Glover have each been charged with capital murder in the death of Walton.

http://www.panolian.com/contentitem/208725/1180/panola-county-murders

Now we need to find out if they went to trial and the outcome. These people should still be in jail if they did these horrendous crimes. However, it does go to show the mentality and brutality of the drug biz in the area.

Thanks, Absentia! Great find.

5/20/2011 Fourth Panola life claimed this year

Phillips was found lying face down in a pool of blood on March 28 in what Sheriff Otis Griffin described as “an attempted drug deal gone bad or a robbery or a combination of both.”

Walton’s burned body was discovered in a drainage ditch on Paul White Road, located north of Como at the Tate County line on May 7. Assistant District Attorney Jay Hale reported Walton’s death likely Stemmed from an argument about stolen narcotics.

Panola County Coroner Gracie Grant-Gulledge said that Walton had been shot multiple times.

Wells was killed after an argument Sunday night. He was shot once in the head, according to Yalobusha County Coroner Ronnie Stark. The shooting followed an altercation, and drugs are believed to be the culprit, according to Water Valley police.

Michael Vincent Ruffin, Damion Stokes, JaQuentin Lawson and Derrick Dunston, all of Crenshaw, face capital murder charges for their alleged roles in the murder of Phillips. Ruffin was also charged with conspiracy to commit murder.

Cousins Odell McBrayer Jr. and Larry McBrayer Jr. along with Antonio Glover have each been charged with capital murder in the death of Walton.

http://www.panolian.com/contentitem/208725/1180/panola-county-murders

Now we need to find out if they went to trial and the outcome. These people should still be in jail if they did these horrendous crimes. However, it does go to show the mentality and brutality of the drug biz in the area.

Thanks, Absentia! Great find.

Edrico. interesting name.

Sort of OT, but I do wish The Panolian, when publishing the police log arrests, would put the ages of the arrested. I thought most newspapers do that because it helps prevent misidentification. It helps clarify things when there are several generations both male and female who pass on the same name. Publishing the addresses doesn't do much good since 1) I just found one of the recent arrestees questioned in this case has as his address a location that has nothing to do with him. I backtracked it to a woman who is a mother of a friend of a friend of his. An upstanding, church woman with a strong community and not one tenuous connection other than this single published address. I doubt she'd be thrilled to see her address in print in this instance, and 2) some criminal types move around a lot and/or borrow other people's address.

My oh, so strong opinion.

Please, if my comment is out of line with TOS, pull it! :/ I tried to be as generic as possible and don't want to get carried away with posting things I discover. :D

For the last time, lay off of the family.

OT LOL How DARE the other websleuthers have a life on Saturday night so as not to gab with us! Ever the couch potato, cady. JMO
OT/ Couch?! You make it to the couch?! Impressed. *Fluffing up the pillows on my bed* :pillowfight2:

I'm sorry if this has been discussed at length and solved! I am wondering if we ever found out who summoned Jessica at M & M's? She walks over to someone but disappears from view so we don't know (I think), who was there. I would be interested to know the scanning radius of that CCTV at the gas bar. We know that a part of that video was missing. This might sound silly, but is it possible that this person(s) was deleted from the video? (by LE for investigative purposes) or was it simply outside the range of the CCTV? It could be merely a case of someone known to Jessica; just a hello or whatever. Could it be that this person(s) was finalizing some get together somewhere with Jessica and who may have been involved in her horrific demise? MOO. Just a thought. I think that with this case, anything is a possibility.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed at length and solved! I am wondering if we ever found out who summoned Jessica at M & M's? She walks over to someone but disappears from view so we don't know (I think), who was there. I would be interested to know the scanning radius of that CCTV at the gas bar. We know that a part of that video was missing. This might sound silly, but is it possible that this person(s) was deleted from the video? (by LE for investigative purposes) or was it simply outside the range of the CCTV? It could be merely a case of someone known to Jessica; just a hello or whatever. Could it be that this person(s) was finalizing some get together somewhere with Jessica and who may have been involved in her horrific demise? MOO. Just a thought. I think that with this case, anything is a possibility.

Police have talked to the person that called her over. Her initials are SR. I believe you can find her full name in the information on page 1. She claimed to be bumming a cigarette.

Police have talked to the person that called her over. Her initials are SR. I believe you can find her full name in the information on page 1. She claimed to be bumming a cigarette.

Yes, bumming a cigarette that she then didn't take.

Thanks Han. I forgot all about the information page. Appreciate your help on this one. Serves me right for not checking the useful docs provided! Lol!

I've looked at the M&M security footage from Fox 13 Memphis many times now, but I still can't make out what's on Jessica's feet. Here's the best screen grab I could get. Looks kind of like she's wearing flip-flops, but somebody with better eyes can have a look. If they really were flip flops, I don't see how they would have provided any extra protection against flames. Perhaps it was just the fact that she was standing that prevented burns on the soles of her feet. However, with so much conflicting info in MSM, it's possible that the soles of her feet were burned, too, despite what was said.

JCFootwear.jpg

Other than BC - who else has said only the bottoms of her feet were not burned?

I've looked at the M&M security footage from Fox 13 Memphis many times now, but I still can't make out what's on Jessica's feet. Here's the best screen grab I could get. Looks kind of like she's wearing flip-flops, but somebody with better eyes can have a look. If they really were flip flops, I don't see how they would have provided any extra protection against flames. Perhaps it was just the fact that she was standing that prevented burns on the soles of her feet. However, with so much conflicting info in MSM, it's possible that the soles of her feet were burned, too, despite what was said.

View attachment 67697

Good call! They certainly look like flip flops, or those Nike or Adidas slip-ons to me. JMO

View attachment 67697

Hmm. Looks like flip flops. BC is only one I know who commented about burns or lack thereof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reporter-C.Lin