MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The tidbits of information we receive from local authorities makes piecing this thing together very difficult. We don't have much to go on. They mention having several possibilities and nothing is off the table. They just don't have what they need for a conviction. I keep thinking about Jessica's cellphone. They would have to know by now who she had talked to. If any of those people were/are suspects and yet have an alibi (which could be a lie that authorities cant prove) for where they were at the time of Jessica's death, they wont hold them. And then the possibility of Jessica running into someone that night unplanned or planned way ahead of time. What I keep wondering about is why wasn't Jessica actually dead. You would think that if someone wanted Jessica dead, she would have been. Was it lack of experience? Did she fool them into thinking she was dead? To me, I'm thinking 1 person involved if it was romantically related - maybe she shunned them? They were high and went into a rage? The reason for reclined seats. I could see it being 2 or more if she ran into a group of people that had it out for her. I wish we could know more about the party or gathering.

Panicked, inexperienced murderers could very well have misdiagnosed Jessica "as dead", then quickly determined that they needed to cover her "death" as an accident. For example, if they struck her unconscious in a wild moment of rage, then shook her back and forth, wailing "Jessica! Jessica! Jessica... My god, you've killed her! What are we going to do, what are we going to do ?" then it is quite conceivable that Jessica's unconscious state could have been interpreted as death.

Jessica's unconfirmed gash on her head may have been due to such a scenario.

I would think though that in such a scenario...for Jessica to remain unconscious during transportation from a primary murder scene to the Herron Road location would have involved a major concussion and easily been determined by the coroner. Yet if it had occurred on Herron Road then such an injury may have kept Jessica unconscious long enough until the accelerant suddenly shocked her system enough for her to regain awareness.

*Note: All the above, is obviously pure speculation and should not be considered as anything other than that.

That's what I'm thinking. A child's birthday party.

What if LE have video of JC at a store near by....buying a birthday gift perhaps?

IMO she had to have gone to this "party" after she left M&M but I base that off of auntie sha sha saying that "after she left (the party) is when it happened to her."

With regard to something like a "birthday party video", it now becomes painfully annoying that online social media organizations such as Twitter and Facebook exist. For example, postings and comments are quickly scrubbed as soon as perpetrators realize their stupidity in posting them. Meanwhile slow-moving detectives who frown upon the internet loose a source of valuable, timely data until those detectives wise up and call upon the services of more professional forensic detectives.

Thankfully nothing posted upon the internet is ever erased from World History so eventually scrubbed postings reappear. But it takes craftwork and subpoenas and time....

Lisa's belief that Jessica may have left home at 5 - 5:30 pm could provide a short window for Jessica to have popped into a small gathering of girlfriends celebrating something like a birthday party or a baby shower. But the 20-minute conversation with Jessica later seems to contradict something like this.

Since Lisa is vocal a lot, I'm surprised that she is contradictory regarding 5 - 5:30 pm versus 6 - 6:30 pm. I can not believe a hypothesis that encompasses an unchanged clock from Daylight back to Standard after a solid month has passed.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/28061203/reward-in-jessica-chambers-murder-case-increased

"FOX13 News has also learned the complete autopsy results for Jessica are in and that law enforcement subpoenaed records from every cell carrier in Panola County during the investigation. We requested copies of the cellphone records and autopsy but was told they are protected since it is an ongoing investigation"

I believe that it is safe then for us to discount both suicide and accident as possibilities: the coroner must be ruling her death as a homicide.

Has the mother revised the time of 5-5:30 or otherwise contradicted what was said on the radio show?
Take away the time stamp on the video and there's nothing that suggest a 5:30 or 6:30 time frame, it could be either or. Unless I've missed something the 5:30 time is the correct one according to both the mother and the clerk.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/28061203/reward-in-jessica-chambers-murder-case-increased

"FOX13 News has also learned the complete autopsy results for Jessica are in and that law enforcement subpoenaed records from every cell carrier in Panola County during the investigation. We requested copies of the cellphone records and autopsy but was told they are protected since it is an ongoing investigation"

I wonder why they needed cell records from EVERY cell carrier in Panola County???

I can understand why they would need Jessica's.

I believe that it is safe then for us to discount both suicide and accident as possibilities: the coroner must be ruling her death as a homicide.

Exactly.
The complete autopsy report is in and LE has NOT changed their rulings.....Soooooo. THIS IS A HOMOCIDE.

Maybe to check information provided about whereabouts by certain individuals interviewed? substantiate or negate alibis?

All the kids' birthday parties in my area are never at night. Most of them are from 2 to 4pm. I've never heard of one around here later than 4pm.

I've been to numerous birthday parties for kids that went into the evening. Especially if the birthday party was held at someone's house. It is not uncommon, trust me.

I wonder why they needed cell records from EVERY cell carrier in Panola County???

I can understand why they would need Jessica's.

When I was following the Jessica Ridgeway case I found out that LE had requested what is called a "tower dump" from all the carriers in that area. What it is, essentially, is a listing of all the numbers - not identities- of all cell phone activity at specific towers and at specific times. What they do is analyze what numbers occur in areas of interest at specific times. If they get a hit or hits on certain numbers that fit the time / location of interest, then they get a warrant for the ID's of those people.

So if, Jessica's phone and person X both show at heron road at the same time, that may be a person of interest.

In Jessica Ridgeway's case, the perp, Austin Sigg, had pingged at all 3 crime scenes on the days they were interested in.

I don't have the links for that anymore but this is as I remember it, so JMO

:cow:

When I was following the Jessica Ridgeway case I found out that LE had requested what is called a "tower dump" from all the carriers in that area. What it is, essentially, is a listing of all the numbers - not identities- of all cell phone activity at specific towers and at specific times. What they do is analyze what numbers occur in areas of interest at specific times. If they get a hit or hits on certain numbers that fit the time / location of interest, then they get a warrant for the ID's of those people.

So if, Jessica's phone and person X both show at heron road at the same time, that may be a person of interest.

In Jessica Ridgeway's case, the perp, Austin Sigg, had pingged at all 3 crime scenes on the days they were interested in.

I don't have the links for that anymore but this is as I remember it, so JMO

:cow:

Oh WOW. I never knew that. Thanks for the info.

That info would definitely help the case.

Good Morning Amykate in Corinth!

:offtopic:On My! Did that video capture of the DA's lamp shade shrouded in shrink wrap bring back memories of home! My mom kept the plastic cover on our couch & never 'ever' removed the shrink wrap from our lampshades. Oh! Heaven help you or anyone from my mom's wrath if that pastic lampshade cover were disturbed or torn. I grew up thinking the institutional look of furniture shrouded in protective pastic was welcoming and hygenic to boot!:silly:

Once again, Theresa Apel has provided some very thought-provoking information. She points out that AA is "out of state" but that she is able to communicate with him. Therefore we can conclude that rumors swirling about international connections to him are silly, or that Ms Apel has an open line to make international calls, or that she contacts him some other way, perhaps by email.

She also bases a great deal of this article on a local resident who provides an insight into something minute yet special i.e. that resident helped wrap Christmas presents purchased by Jessica.

This little known fact may shed some light on why Jessica was "secretively" busy sometime after 5pm, and why she may have approached the entry into M&M's parking lot at 6:24 pm from the northerly US 51 Hwy position rather than the more obvious Carlisle Road entry. Perhaps she made a trip to Batesville, or to Walmart Supercenter to buy her mom a Christmas present? Google Maps claims that the latter is only 12-mins away.

*Note: Once again all the above is pure speculation.

Once again, Theresa Apel has provided some very thought-provoking information. She points out that AA is "out of state" but that she is able to communicate with him. Therefore we can conclude that rumors swirling about international connections to him are silly, or that Ms Apel has an open line to make international calls, or that she contacts him some other way, perhaps by email.

She also bases a great deal of this article on a local resident who provides an insight into something minute yet special i.e. that resident helped wrap Christmas presents purchased by Jessica.

This little known fact may shed some light on why Jessica was "secretively" busy sometime after 5pm, and why she may have approached the entry into M&M's parking lot at 6:24 pm from the northerly US 51 Hwy position rather than the more obvious Carlisle Road entry. Perhaps she made a trip to Batesville, or to Walmart Supercenter to buy her mom a Christmas present? Google Maps claims that the latter is only 12-mins away.

*Note: Once again all the above is pure speculation.

Thank you for this theory on what Jessica may have been up to and why she may have claimed to be on her way to clean up her car when talking with her mother. There are a lot of possible reasons for her to have been untruthful to her mom about her mission that night and not all involve secret assignations with the wrong person(s), drug deals, etc.

Your supposition seems entirely plausible and possible to me. It is only because Jessica was killed that any possible secrecy of her reason for leaving her home that evening appears telling or related to her death. But what if it has nothing at all to do with what got her killed?

Has the mother revised the time of 5-5:30 or otherwise contradicted what was said on the radio show?
Take away the time stamp on the video and there's nothing that suggest a 5:30 or 6:30 time frame, it could be either or. Unless I've missed something the 5:30 time is the correct one according to both the mother and the clerk.

You raise a very valid point: (a) hard evidence exists in the footage of the video verses (b) dubious witness recollection based upon two sources, one of whom seems to contradict her own earlier recollection. Conflicts such as these thrill defense attorneys. :eek:

You raise a very valid point: (a) hard evidence exists in the footage of the video verses (b) dubious witness recollection based upon two sources, one of whom seems to contradict her own earlier recollection. Conflicts such as these thrill defense attorneys. :eek:

Right, but the mom has not contradicted herself on the 5 - 5:30 time has she?

On another note, I think JC entered the station from the south, now bear with me on this.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/clip/10988693/2014/12/29/watch-gas-station-surveillance-clip-1?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass

This video shows a car that I believe to be JC coming in from the south. Its on fast forward at the start of the video but notice right after the mini van pulls in and parks a second car pulls through the outside gas stall at 6:24:24. They slow the video down to the correct speed at 6:24:28 and at 6:24:36 JC pulls in the frame. The 12 second gap between the car pulling through and passing up the outside stall and when JC comes into frame is the amount of time it would've took her to do a 3 point turn in order to pull up where she did.

When it comes to the clock in my car, guilty as charged. At least it's correct for half a year.

Believe me, we are not talking about something superfluous like altering a car clock or your basement bar clock. We are discussing something similar to "Where were you at 8:46 am ET when the first plane plowed into the World Trade Center? Or when someone told you President Kennedy was dead? Or Reagan got shot? Or Lennon?"

These are the kinds of things that people seem to be able to recall quickly.

I would think that a mother would hone in on specific details such as the exact time of day when she last saw her daughter alive. The idea that Jessica's mother is puzzled by whether it was 5 pm or 6 pm troubles me. On the other hand, AA does not. He does not impress me as someone who takes the time to bother with superfluous things like adjusting the time clock of his family's CCTV system, as he may consider it to be like a car clock, and he may feel that socializing with patrons around M&M's counter is far more important than a machine which merely captures his patrons' images. Yet tell him that an Extraterrestrial is going to land a spacecraft on Herron Road at 11pm that night...and he will be there early; he's been checking his time throughout the day. :alien:

Right, but the mom has not contradicted herself on the 5 - 5:30 time has she?

IIRC, mom early on made reference to 6 - 6:30 pm in an article somewhere. I'm afraid that I do not have that link right now.

On another note, I think JC entered the station from the south, now bear with me on this.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/clip/10988693/2014/12/29/watch-gas-station-surveillance-clip-1?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass

This video shows a car that I believe to be JC coming in from the south. Its on fast forward at the start of the video but notice right after the mini van pulls in and parks a second car pulls through the outside gas stall at 6:24:24. They slow the video down to the correct speed at 6:24:28 and at 6:24:36 JC pulls in the frame. The 12 second gap between the car pulling through and passing up the outside stall and when JC comes into frame is the amount of time it would've took her to do a 3 point turn in order to pull up where she did.

I'd love to watch the video but Action5's spam-filled website plays havoc with my computer since I need to shutdown my Tracking Protection in order to watch it. I know I have seen what you've describe but I need to find a better source.

Unfortunately at the moment I am going offline to run errands and probably won't be back online for awhile.

I will try to ascertain information on both your thoughts; they are very important.

I was thinking the same. Also, Jessica's cell phone records would narrow down a timeline if her mother's recollection is correct that Jessica received a call shortly before leaving home. Not sure if I trust much of what mother says. That's not a dig, it's just that there are too many issues going on there that don't track.

Finally some movement again in the Hannah Graham case, as Jesse Leroy Matthew, Jr has been officially charged with first degree murder, and is also charged with abduction with intent to defile. Now it would be great to see some similar movement in Jessica's case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKseeker