MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the mother revised the time of 5-5:30 or otherwise contradicted what was said on the radio show?
Take away the time stamp on the video and there's nothing that suggest a 5:30 or 6:30 time frame, it could be either or. Unless I've missed something the 5:30 time is the correct one according to both the mother and the clerk.

The mother has given 2 different times. She first said Jessica left the house a little after 6. Then after AA said the video time stamp was off by an hour, the mother changed the time Jessica left the house to be an hour earlier. So, we don't know which is the right time. JMO

Does anybody remember right off hand which side of the road the burned out car was on? Did it turn off Herron and go up that steep bank by making a left turn or did it turn off by making a right turn? Meanwhile, I will try to go back and look at the maps and see if I can figure it out.

<snip>These are the kinds of things that people seem to be able to recall quickly.

I would think that a mother would hone in on specific details such as the exact time of day when she last saw her daughter alive. The idea that Jessica's mother is puzzled by whether it was 5 pm or 6 pm troubles me.

Mom might be recently on new medication intended to help her cope with her grief and just to deal with the violence of the way Jessica died. I am on some of those things and also on some things for pain and I get easily puzzled at simple things like that in my daily life. We jokingly call it brain fog. I couldn't tell you off-hand what I had for dinner two nights ago, but I could tell you I ate! KWIM?

------------------------------------------------------
^^Drawing a divider line, because I want to talk about a different subject for a minute... I think people are making too big of a deal of of the concept of there being a "party." I don't think it was something like a shower or a child's birthday party. When I was in that age group (not THAT long ago, lol), we called an informal gathering of people hanging out a "party." I'm doubting it was a big thing with food purchased and people needing to be dressed up. She may have dropped by to see if a new love interest had been there, or to see a friend she had missed recently because of her new job. These things are/were very low-key.

Made a left turn apparently into the driveway of EB's home.

Made a left turn apparently into the driveway of EB's home.

So she was coming from the south heading north into Courtland? I would like to know if the 911 caller was coming INTO Courtland or going south OUT of courtland. If s/he was going in the same direction as Jessica s/he might not have seen her on fire because of the trees hiding the car, but if s/he was coming OUT of Courtland, the car would have been on the same side of the road off to the right with a clear view. We still don't really know if the 911 caller saw Jessica on fire or not. Why has the 911 caller's name not been released? Why is it such a secret who the caller was? Makes me think s/he indeed saw something besides a burning car (i.e. someone leaving the scene), and LE is protecting him/her. Anybody else think this could be why the 911 caller's name has not been released?

The mother has given 2 different times. She first said Jessica left the house a little after 6. Then after AA said the video time stamp was off by an hour, the mother changed the time Jessica left the house to be an hour earlier. So, we don't know which is the right time. JMO
And my question is....why would she do that?
I don't think she really knows what time JC left the house.

JMO

So she was coming from the south heading north into Courtland? I would like to know if the 911 caller was coming INTO Courtland or going south OUT of courtland. If s/he was going in the same direction as Jessica s/he might not have seen her on fire because of the trees hiding the car, but if s/he was coming OUT of Courtland, the car would have been on the same side of the road off to the right with a clear view. We still don't really know if the 911 caller saw Jessica on fire or not. Why has the 911 caller's name not been released? Why is it such a secret who the caller was? Makes me think s/he indeed saw something besides a burning car (i.e. someone leaving the scene), and LE is protecting him/her. Anybody else think this could be why the 911 caller's name has not been released?

Well we don't really know which way Jess was going, but if she was driving out of Courtland she turned left.

At one time I thought that maybe JC left without telling her mother she was leaving....and when her mother realized she was gone (around 6:30ish) she called JC. The phone call could've been about that. For example:
LC: where you at?
JC: I just ran to the store
LC: I told you to clean up your room before you left this house
JC: I know I'm going to clean it when I get back, I'm leaving the store now, but I wanted to clean out my car real quick

My point is....Lisa probably hadn't realized JC was gone until she called her phone.

JMO though

Once again, Theresa Apel has provided some very thought-provoking information. She points out that AA is "out of state" but that she is able to communicate with him. Therefore we can conclude that rumors swirling about international connections to him are silly, or that Ms Apel has an open line to make international calls, or that she contacts him some other way, perhaps by email.

She also bases a great deal of this article on a local resident who provides an insight into something minute yet special i.e. that resident helped wrap Christmas presents purchased by Jessica.

This little known fact may shed some light on why Jessica was "secretively" busy sometime after 5pm, and why she may have approached the entry into M&M's parking lot at 6:24 pm from the northerly US 51 Hwy position rather than the more obvious Carlisle Road entry. Perhaps she made a trip to Batesville, or to Walmart Supercenter to buy her mom a Christmas present? Google Maps claims that the latter is only 12-mins away.

*Note: Once again all the above is pure speculation.

He posted a a way to contact him via Skype on his FB.....maybe this is how she is in communication?

[...]

This video shows a car that I believe to be JC coming in from the south. Its on fast forward at the start of the video but notice right after the mini van pulls in and parks a second car pulls through the outside gas stall at 6:24:24. They slow the video down to the correct speed at 6:24:28 and at 6:24:36 JC pulls in the frame. The 12 second gap between the car pulling through and passing up the outside stall and when JC comes into frame is the amount of time it would've took her to do a 3 point turn in order to pull up where she did.

LRI, permit me to congratulate you for having excellent eyesight! I've been able to catch a very quick glimpse of a dark-colored vehicle at 6:24:22 to 6:24:23 "pulling through the outside gas stall".

I am currently trying to capture a screenshot of said-vehicle but have been unsuccessful. I've been able to put together a series of 6 screenshots from 6:23:38 to 6:24:18 but I have yet to capture a glimpse from where that car appeared in any of those images. I will continue to try. Until then...

...Your belief that it may be Jessica's car is worthy of much praise. Kudos!

Jessica Chambers' death: Clerk in exile as fears spread
Therese Apel, USA TODAY 11:38 p.m. EST February 10, 2015
Some more interviews I hadn't seen or read in yesterday's report.

Investigators continue to raise reward in Jessica Chambers murder case
By Sasha Jones WMCActionNews5 Feb 10, 2015 11:40 PM EST

Thanks for the links. If locals don't wish to be speculated about, they shouldn't make comments that invite speculation. The only way to know for a fact who didn't murder Jessica is to know for a fact who did. And to refer to the murder as "it" really trivializes Jessica's murder so I wonder how close this woman actually is to the Chambers family.

"On this one page they're putting up random people that I've known all my life and I know for a fact they didn't have anything to do with it."

JMO

Believe me, we are not talking about something superfluous like altering a car clock or your basement bar clock. We are discussing something similar to "Where were you at 8:46 am ET when the first plane plowed into the World Trade Center? Or when someone told you President Kennedy was dead? Or Reagan got shot? Or Lennon?"

These are the kinds of things that people seem to be able to recall quickly.

I would think that a mother would hone in on specific details such as the exact time of day when she last saw her daughter alive. The idea that Jessica's mother is puzzled by whether it was 5 pm or 6 pm troubles me. On the other hand, AA does not. He does not impress me as someone who takes the time to bother with superfluous things like adjusting the time clock of his family's CCTV system, as he may consider it to be like a car clock, and he may feel that socializing with patrons around M&M's counter is far more important than a machine which merely captures his patrons' images. Yet tell him that an Extraterrestrial is going to land a spacecraft on Herron Road at 11pm that night...and he will be there early; he's been checking his time throughout the day. :alien:

One usually remembers where they were when they first heard the news about WTC. I remember vividly where I was when I learned Kennedy was assassinated and it was actually hours later. I'm betting Jessica's mother has vivid recollection of her last words said with her daughter but unless she was glancing at the clock, she may not remember the exact time on the clock.

JMO

On another note, I think JC entered the station from the south, now bear with me on this.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/clip/10988693/2014/12/29/watch-gas-station-surveillance-clip-1?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass

This video shows a car that I believe to be JC coming in from the south. Its on fast forward at the start of the video but notice right after the mini van pulls in and parks a second car pulls through the outside gas stall at 6:24:24. They slow the video down to the correct speed at 6:24:28 and at 6:24:36 JC pulls in the frame. The 12 second gap between the car pulling through and passing up the outside stall and when JC comes into frame is the amount of time it would've took her to do a 3 point turn in order to pull up where she did.

For what it's worth, if you click on the thumbnail image, it will open to a much larger pic of the time 6:24:24 pm. Then you can even magnify that if you want.

The red box represents what could possibly be Jessica's car, and the red arrow indicates her rear tire as she quickly drives through the outside stall. The green box represents a motionless car which is present throughout the entire video. The green arrow indicates the rear tire of that car.

Kudos to Websleuth LRI for noticing this!

Are there any unsolved murder cases (victims young 18-30yrs old) over the last year in that area that anyone knows of? When did Jessica have no access to car/transportation and does anyone know who was driving her around while she didn't have access to her car?

hypo, if Jessica did not have access to her car, then she may have had to hitch rides with acquaintances/friends who were connected to unsavory characters. If Jessica was catching a ride from someone who made a pit stop and JC just happened to be there when a fight/murder took place then it would make her a future potential target. Even if she were in the vicinity of someone else being beat up/killed/robbery (i.e. for being a snitch), or it was like a year ago or even that day, it may make her a target for knowing someone's bad acts. Basically, she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I wonder if LE is looking into other murders in the past year or so and if anyone was driving her around when she didn't have her car. Jmo/TIA

Thanks for the links. If locals don't wish to be speculated about, they shouldn't make comments that invite speculation. The only way to know for a fact who didn't murder Jessica is to know for a fact who did. And to refer to the murder as "it" really trivializes Jessica's murder so I wonder how close this woman actually is to the Chambers family.

"On this one page they're putting up random people that I've known all my life and I know for a fact they didn't have anything to do with it."

JMO

You're welcome, MyBelle. The DA's speculation that it could be two other people who haven't told anyone else, pricked up my ears, that it would be a guess mentioned. I don't question Jessica Chambers friend at all. They're all going through awful times, and "putting up random people" has hurt them more, not hard to see for me.

ZOOL and LR1... i luv it and agree, completely, it can totally be Jessica Chambers doing a fast pull in a K turn to the pump. Thank you very much. All it would take to confirm would be LE's copy of the pull in from the other angle, which I assume they would have.

For what it's worth, if you click on the thumbnail image, it will open to a much larger pic of the time 6:24:24 pm. Then you can even magnify that if you want.

The red box represents what could possibly be Jessica's car, and the red arrow indicates her rear tire as she quickly drives through the outside stall. The green box represents a motionless car which is present throughout the entire video. The green arrow indicates the rear tire of that car.

Kudos to Websleuth LRI for noticing this!

Pretty sure that's her, another one floating around that has it in correct speed, it's here at 34 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReFu42xD8rs

This one doesn't show the car approaching as the other one did and has a five minute gap right after the car pulls out of frame and picks up again after she is already parked. I thought I had viewed one at the correct speed early on that didn't have the gap but I couldn't find it, maybe I'm misremembering, But yeah if its not her then a very similar car just happened to pull by ten seconds before she pulled into to pumps.

So it looks like she might have came from the south, likely from the road she lived on and turned in the back/side entrance. The clerk from what I read in a Daily Mail article has her traveling south when she left. It gets tricky after that.

The discrepancy on the time I haven't nailed down completely. The 6-6:30 as far as I can tell was only mentioned after the surveillance video came out, 3 days after the murder iirc. The following day the Clarion Ledger had a article with some quotes from Lisa as well as a statement that JC left a little after 6PM. I question whether those words came from Lisa or the author, having seen the newly released video the day before. Like others have said the mom can be forgiven for not remembering exact times given her state of mind just a few days after her daughter had passed. She likely watched the surveillance footage before the CL article and the time stamp had her confused. Here's that article,

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2014/12/10/authorities-jessica-chambers-last-hours/20196555/

So with hundreds of articles having JC being discovered 90 minutes after she was at the store I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest it was actually 2.5 hours after the gas purchase. I base this on the mothers recollection from the radio show and from the clerk's statements on the video posted below. I have no reason to not believe what he says between 7:50-10:20 and cant see a reason for him making that up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLHEmmzphjw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member