MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have to go back many threads to look, but iirc, the trial has not yet taken place, so he's out until it happens. Don't quote me, though. My memory might be incorrect, and I don't have the patience tonight to weed back through previous threads to look for the info.

According to the Panolian about a month after he was arrested, Mister requested a bail reduction from $150K . The judge refused his request and bound him over to Superior Court. Then the details abruptly ended. It's been over two years. I would think that a delay of that length would be a legendary record since most other cases mentioned in the Panolian are resolved within a year. Something does not seem right; murderers in Panola County receive a quicker trial. It is hard to believe that the "reputed gang leader" George Mister has any kind of legal pull, expertise, or connections. Engage him in conversation and one wonders if he has enough sense to come in out of the rain.

bbm

Nothing new to add here, but the fact that Jessica's case is being advertised on these billboards in at least three states makes me think they must believe her death is drug-related in some way. I don't know what the criteria are for publicizing a case on the billboards, but it seems it would be a waste of resources to publicize a case that was believed to be committed by locals.

I don't see the trucker connection, but I definitely can't help but think of George Mister and his arrest on December 8, 2012 for kidnapping, armed robbery, assault, drug possession . . . (the list goes on). His two accomplices in the crime were from out of state -- Indiana. Although not mentioned in the January 1, 2013 Panolian article, we did read elsewhere that Mister's address at that time was listed as Memphis, not Courtland or Batesville. Seems to me these billboards are aimed at getting people in a network that reaches to Courtland to come forward.

Strictly my opinion, though, as always.

ITA. The past few weeks I have been leaning toward drugs being involved.

I think the billboards are in those areas for a reason. I don't think it has anything to do with truckers but I do believe that people from those areas are connected to some of the Courtland residents that may be involved in this crime.

When I think about LE saying that "they know what happened" to Jessica and then mentioning not having a "motive" it's hard to believe they don't know WHO did this. IMO, LE knows the What, Where, and the
Who......they just don't know Why.
JMO though

I think the billboards are in those areas for a reason. I don't think it has anything to do with truckers but I do believe that people from those areas are connected to some of the Courtland residents that may be involved in this crime.

When I think about LE saying that "they know what happened" to Jessica and then mentioning not having a "motive" it's hard to believe they don't know WHO did this. IMO, LE knows the What, Where, and the
JMO though

I tend to want to agree with you, but if they know the who, what and where, they should be charging and locking up suspect(s). While it makes the case stronger and most jurors would like to know the 'why', it is not necessary for a conviction.

I hate to bring up the "party" again but.....

LC said Jess left home around 5-5:30
Jess shows up at M&M between 6:20ish-6:30ish
(Time unaccounted for 5:30ish-6:20ish)

We know Jess is found around 8:15ish
(Time unaccounted for 6:30ish-8:15ish)

Considering the times unaccounted for....when the hell was the "party"? It's hard to believe that there was traditional party during the hours unaccounted for. Usually the traditional parties start around 9-10p.

Now I believe there wasn't a "party" per se....but a gathering of friends and that didn't require a girl to be dressed up for a party. Some people such as myself felt there was no party simply because of the way Jess was dressed. But now considering the fact that billboards are being placed in the surrounding areas, I think there was a "gathering" of friends that included out of town guests.

Auntie Sha Sha admitted there was a "party" and Jess WAS THERE. Other people told LE they saw Jess there also. Auntie Sha Sha said that when "they" left the party is when it happened her.

IMO, this "gathering" was the jump off to what led to Jessica's murder.

This is just a relatively unimportant note to correct an assumption that "it was windy and rainy that evening/night".

According to the following data from the Wunderground's Weather History for Clarksdale Fletcher Field Air for the time-period 7:15 pm to 8:15 pm, Dec 6, it was overcast and the North wind slowly decreased from 18.4 mph to 15.00 mph.

Sunset was 4:51pm CST
Civil Twilight 5:19 pm CST
Nautical Twilight 5:50 pm CST
Astronomical Twilight 6:21 pm CST

Civil Twilight is defined as: "The time period when the sun is no more than 6 degrees below the horizon at either sunrise or sunset. The horizon should be clearly defined and the brightest star should be visible under good atmospheric conditions [i.e. no moonlight, or other lights]. One still should be able to carry on ordinary outdoor activities."

Nautical Twilight: "The time period when the sun is between 6 and 12 degrees below the horizon...and the outline of objects might be visible without artificial light. Ordinary activities are not possible at this time without extra illumination."

Astronomical Twilight: "The time period when the sun is between 12 and 18 degrees below... The sun does not contribute to the illumination of the sky [...] after this time in the evening... [A]t the end of astronomical twilight in the evening, sky illumination is very faint, and might be undetectable."

I strongly believe that the M&M Video supports Jessica's arrival to be somewhere after Nautical Twilight and closer to Astronomical Twilight, or sometime after 5:50 pm and closer to 6:21 pm. In actuality, the video clearly shows her car pulling into the gas pumps at 6:24:39 pm, and the background on US 51 is completely headlight illumination.

I don't buy the story of the M&M video tape being one hour off. Who forgets to set their clocks back for two whole months after the time changes? I guess it's possible, but not probable IMO.

The Cryptic Champ around here has been Anonone. I sort of miss the references to Ray Charles, 420, and birthday parties. :laughing:

And football games and IIRC.

There's nothing that's been said publicly that can be verified. No 911 call which wouldn't have to be released even if there was one. No information about Jessica's phone records which could show so much: where was she, who was she in touch with, and when did she stop using the phone. It's safe to say we may not even know the true time of the "incident." I believe nothing that's been said by CW, AA, SR, BB, GM, RT, EB, BC or LD. They may have been truthful, but I think its likely all they had to say has been filtered through LE.

ZOOL's analysis of the video tape leaves me wondering because we don't know how dark it would appear outside the glare of the station lights. Might not be so dark; auto head-lamps would be on.

All along I've seen this as a crime of passion. But now the signals we're getting seem to be toward gang-related. It will probably take awhile to solve it and I don't want to help the gangs hide what they've done. Just saying.

ETA: If we are looking at someone who really knows what they are doing, they leave the phone!?

This Washington Post article while not directly related to JC's death, sheds some light on some aspects of the crime like the social media angle. Near the end an attempt is made to explain the bizarre behavior.

ETA: Street cred

Thanks for the link, Han. Interesting to get the details on this, as she spoke at her service as well, IIRC.

Jessica Chambers to author: "The world needs to hear my story"
by Therese Apel, The Clarion-Ledger 1:05 pm Feb 8, '15

"He said, 'You remember the little blonde girl we talked about?' and I said yes, and he said, 'Well, she was killed,' and told me how," Oliver said. "I felt like I couldn't breathe. I don't know what to say. What story did she have to tell, you know?"

P
Thanks for the link, Han. Interesting to get the details on this, as she spoke at her service as well, IIRC.

Jessica Chambers to author: "The world needs to hear my story"
by Therese Apel, The Clarion-Ledger 1:05 pm Feb 8, '15

"He said, 'You remember the little blonde girl we talked about?' and I said yes, and he said, 'Well, she was killed,' and told me how," Oliver said. "I felt like I couldn't breathe. I don't know what to say. What story did she have to tell, you know?"

If Jessica thought she had a story to tell...Wouldn't she have told someone? Probably not her parents but a friend maybe? I don't know anything about Leah's House... Is it like rehab where your anonymity is a top priority? As far as the party.... I think it was more your small town version of a party where people just get together and hang out... The billboards are stumping me a little though... Her murder seems extremely personal to me..most definitely not a random act... All just my opinions..
Dee

The billboards are nothing more than an attempt to show that there is an effort being made at the federal level.
The $54000 reward would not even afford a good attorney for the person that comes forward
There are reasons that the FBI and ATF were in the area before the murder.
Find the connection , then focus on who would want to harm Jessica..
Why would they want to harm her...
Did they have the opportunity to harm her..

This would save a lot of keystrokes.

JMO One thing that I have wondered about is the LE statement that they have other video besides the M&M video. I think that most of us have assumed that the other video is from the night of her murder, but It maybe video from her place of work or from Sonic where she reportedly frequented for her big drinks. Either way, it would have to be from some business that uses surveillance video, I think. Maybe some clues as to who she was talking to and when and where. JMO

[...]
ZOOL's analysis of the video tape leaves me wondering because we don't know how dark it would appear outside the glare of the station lights. Might not be so dark; auto head-lamps would be on.
[...]

My analysis is based solely upon two things: the time of Sunset (4:51 pm) and the background activity beyond the canopy of the M&M during the entire 8 - 9 minutes of published CCTV video (6:24:18 to 6:33:xx). I believe if you concentrate on things like the arrival of the cars North of the canopy cameras, East outside of the gas pumps between the parking lot fringe and the US 51 highway, and South into the darkness of which both BB and Jessica disappear around 6:25 pm, then you will see that the distant highway headlights define a period much closer to Astronomical Twilight (6:21 pm) than Nautical Twilight (5:50 pm). Yet even in that distinction we are only dealing with a subject which is relative to personal viewing and interpretation of how dark is Dark. :thinking:

JMO One thing that I have wondered about is the LE statement that they have other video besides the M&M video. I think that most of us have assumed that the other video is from the night of her murder, but It maybe video from her place of work or from Sonic where she reportedly frequented for her big drinks. Either way, it would have to be from some business that uses surveillance video, I think. Maybe some clues as to who she was talking to and when and where. JMO

bbm

Not necessarily. Lots of people upload Istagram vids with their cellphones. I've come to realize that Courtland's acquaintances of Jessica love to "capture and share their life with friends and family", especially during fun times and events. :cake4u:

I don't buy the story of the M&M video tape being one hour off. Who forgets to set their clocks back for two whole months after the time changes? I guess it's possible, but not probable IMO.

When it comes to the clock in my car, guilty as charged. At least it's correct for half a year.

JMO though

= motive

I tend to want to agree with you, but if they know the who, what and where, they should be charging and locking up suspect(s). While it makes the case stronger and most jurors would like to know the 'why', it is not necessary for a conviction.

why = motive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members