MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article may have already been posted. If it has I apologize. I saw one of these billboards around Knoxville today on Clinton Hwy. I think someone upthread saw one too. It could have been the same one. I was pretty shocked to see it so far away, but I am glad they are doing this.

FBI puts up billboards for tips in Jessica Chambers investigation

(John) Champion said the billboard ads are going up in Mississippi, Tennessee, and Arkansas. He doesn’t know how many billboards there will be.

http://wreg.com/2015/02/06/fbi-puts-up-billboards-for-tips-in-jessica-chambers-investigation/

Sent from my celery phone using Tapatalk.

This article may have already been posted. If it has I apologize. I saw one of these billboards around Knoxville today on Clinton Hwy. I think someone upthread saw one too. It could have been the same one. I was pretty shocked to see it so far away, but I am glad they are doing this.

(John) Champion said the billboard ads are going up in Mississippi, Tennessee, and Arkansas. He doesn’t know how many billboards there will be.

http://wreg.com/2015/02/06/fbi-puts-up-billboards-for-tips-in-jessica-chambers-investigation/

Encouraging news; thank you.

Thank you for the link, JaelynKL.

Two months after Jessica Chambers' death: Case has not 'gone cold'
by Therese Apel, 1:13 pm CST Feb 6, '15

Ms. Apel always asks good questions in the interviews. This was a good day for Justice for Jessica in terms of LE outreach, I would say. Encouraging news that awareness is growing, indeed, Han, with billboards from "a country road" as Ms. Alexander reports.

Caitlin Alexander reports - 5:21 pm, Feb 6, '15,

Today, in Knoxville, TN, on a major artery off I-40/75, i saw a large electronic billboard by the FBI advertising the Jessica Chambers' reward. Don't know if they are appearing in other parts of the country as well. Thought it was a bit unusual for it to be on the arterial road and not on I-40/75 (the billboard cannot be seen from the Interstate). It is right before a Pilot Flying J, so it gets a lot of truck visibility.

Is this an indication that the FBI has a reason to think that likely informants are possibly places other than Panola County and its immediate vicinity? It is interesting coming with the timing of the Clarion-Ledger piece.

It is interesting that these billboards are up and running along Interstate 40 in Arkansas, Mississippi, and Tennessee.
Body burning seems to be endemic; yet in reality it stretches to every county in the US so one wonders why the FBI has broadened Jessica's murder from Herron Rd. to Knoxville, TN. The implication appears to be "seeking a longshot of information from people who travel the area". Truckers?

But the realization that Jessica was found on Herron Rd., and that it may have taken two people to murder her, discounts a trucker in my opinion, unless he was a local trucker who had an accomplice and both thought that Herron Rd was a remote location. And all of that seems totally preposterous.

Maybe the billboards are nothing more than a computerized, rolling, software package that encompasses the tri-state area with more than just Jessica's murder.

It is interesting that these billboards are up and running along Interstate 40 in Arkansas, Mississippi, and Tennessee.
Body burning seems to be endemic; yet in reality it stretches to every county in the US so one wonders why the FBI has broadened Jessica's murder from Herron Rd. to Knoxville, TN. The implication appears to be "seeking a longshot of information from people who travel the area". Truckers?

But the facts that Jessica was found on Herron Rd., and that it took a minimum of two people to murder her, discounts a trucker in my opinion, unless he was a local trucker who had an accomplice and both thought that Herron Rd was a remote location. And all of that seems totally preposterous.

Maybe the billboards are nothing more than a computerized, rolling, software package that encompasses the tri-state area with more than just Jessica's murder.

If it's a trucker, he may have been one who knows something about the area, maybe like a lumber hauler familiar with that particular spot on a 'country road' or just by chance or some history or local connection, who knows? It seems possible that LE may think some innocent person may know something and travel through there and have the good sense/incentive to call, as per their word in those interviews?

TY for the info and map, as always, ZOOL

I wonder if there were billboards along this north south Rt as well?

But the facts that Jessica was found on Herron Rd., and that it took a minimum of two people to murder her, discounts a trucker in my opinion, unless he was a local trucker who had an accomplice and both thought that Herron Rd was a remote location. And all of that seems totally preposterous.

The statement simply is NOT a fact. That is preposterous in itself. One person could easily have burned the car and Jessica.

BBM

My thoughts on this and the billboards are:
a) possible serial murderer - maybe similar MO's to other murders
b) looking for anyone who passed through Batesville or Courtland on the evening on Dec. 6th and saw something
c) looking for relatives or acquaintances of people from Courtland or Batesville who might have heard something.
d) looking for murderer who was passing through Courtland or Batesville who saw Jessica out alone and grabbed her.

Clarion Ledger today...interview with DA Champion and Sheriff Darby, including an appeal to any innocent with knowledge, and a promise to protect them.

http://www.clarionledger.com/videos/news/2015/02/06/22989817/

The statement simply is NOT a fact. That is preposterous in itself. One person could easily have burned the car and Jessica.

BBM

My gut feeling is that she was likely murdered by 2-3 people, but you are absolutely correct, it certainly could have been done by only one.

If it's a trucker, he may have been one who knows something about the area, maybe like a lumber hauler familiar with that particular spot on a 'country road' or just by chance or some history or local connection, who knows? It seems possible that LE may think some innocent person may know something and travel through there and have the good sense/incentive to call, as per their word in those interviews?

[...]

I've always been intrigued by the fact that Jessica ended at that specific location on Herron Road.

For awhile, I though that perhaps it made a good rendezvous location for lovers but I discounted that quickly after I google-drove the area: there are plenty of better places throughout Courtland.

And as a dump site for a murderer, a simple drive farther down Herron, and then a left hand turn onto one of Rowsey dirt roads, then into the cultivated fields, is a much better choice.

In all reality it seems to me as if the choice of the crime scene is a rendezvous for two parties: one traveling from the south, the other from the north. They meet at that location to exchange things of importance.

Or the last possibility is that the crime scene was a hastily chosen spot by panicked murderers who lived nearby. I subscribe to this.

Finally, with regard to it being an accidental location (ie the scene of an accident) I discount that as statistically far too improbable: accidents seldom occur in perfect turn-out locations.

BBM

Isn't the word "preposterous" fun to use!

I stand corrected by you in my choice of words and my statement about "facts" so I will edit the comment into something else, and see how long that lasts. *smile*

Isn't the word "preposterous" fun to use!

I stand corrected by you in my choice of words and my statement about "facts" so I will edit the comment into something else, and see how long that lasts. *smile*
We have to be cautious about what we put out as "factual information". Someone could take that and run with it when it simply is an opinion. I have had that happen a time or two. lol ;)

I rarely use that word, but I agree it is fun as it reminds me of an older English fellow stroking his handlebar mustache tip while pondering some situation.

I've followed dozens of cases over the years and I have never known the FBI to erect billboards for a murder case. Has anyone else?

I've followed dozens of cases over the years and I have never known the FBI to erect billboards for a murder case. Has anyone else?

The FBI used the electronic billboards in the recent Eric Frein case.

Just saw the FBI billboard (electronic) on Lakeland Drive in Jackson, MS.

You can't edit a post you made an hour and a half ago?? WS must be acting wonky. I am pretty sure I have a four hour window to edit posts.

Wonky. Good word.

I slipped in a second ago and managed to edit my aberrant remark about facts. The wonky text-editor is back wonking....oops werking.

I've always been intrigued by the fact that Jessica ended at that specific location on Herron Road.

For awhile, I though that perhaps it made a good rendezvous location for lovers but I discounted that quickly after I google-drove the area: there are plenty of better places throughout Courtland.

And as a dump site for a murderer, a simple drive farther down Herron, and then a left hand turn onto one of Rowsey dirt roads, then into the cultivated fields, is a much better choice.

In all reality it seems to me as if the choice of the crime scene is a rendezvous for two parties: one traveling from the south, the other from the north. They meet at that location to exchange things of importance.

Or the last possibility is that the crime scene was a hastily chosen spot by panicked murderers who lived nearby. I subscribe to this.

Finally, with regard to it being an accidental location (ie the scene of an accident) I discount that as statistically far too improbable: accidents seldom occur in perfect turn-out locations.

BBM. I think the close-by location is precisely why it was chosen. Someone was very familiar with that location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay