MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I was teetering on the edge with the talk of a cold case. Finding the article left my head spinning. Thanks ticya and others for embellishing with some details.

Thank YOU, Han. I admit, I was becoming discouraged. This article you linked has renewed my hope that this case will be solved and further cements my belief that LE have their reasons, very specific ones, as to why they have classified and are investigating this as a homicide. Further, that they are still very actively investigating the case, and last, that they have some ideas as to who may be responsible and are trying to either substantiate those ideas or rule out those individuals.

Very encouraging.

It is difficult to "think big" unless you can find a connection from Jessica into the Big Picture. The only two connections I can imagine at the moment are:
  • the "timing" surrounding the events of 2014's ugly, national racism and police shootings; yet that would imply that somewhere on the evening of Dec 6 Courtland had the ugliness of this racism brewing within its township; and
  • a connection into major drug trafficking; yet Jessica's background in that area does not imply any connection to a major player, only smalltime criminals such as GM.

Agreed. But even smalltime criminals can get themselves in too deep and have to dig out. In the small town I grew up in (in MI), the two owners of a local smoke shop were brutally murdered in the early '80s (drug-related). It sent shock waves through my town. Maybe there's some connection here that we're just not seeing yet?

From Han's link to new Clarion article

"When the news media gets to the point that there are other things going on and it seems like it's cold with y'all, it's not with us," Darby said. "There's a full-fledged investigation going on, and there are some areas that we are still very involved with as far as the investigation goes, a lot of people we're going through, and we think we have some possibilities. We have to be 100 percent right, though, we can't be 99 percent."

District Attorney John Champion said a Wednesday meeting of investigators on the Chambers case brought 67 people from several different agencies who are actively working the case on a daily basis.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...ambers-death-authorities-determined/22978811/

This does not sound like a misclassified accident or suicide case. MOO It sounds like there are at least one and maybe more possible suspects or POIs and that LE has a working theory or two that seem promising.
This is the most encouraging thing I have heard from LE since this poor young woman was so brutally murdered. JMO

It is difficult to "think big" unless you can find a connection from Jessica into the Big Picture. The only two connections I can imagine at the moment are:
  • the "timing" surrounding the events of 2014's ugly, national racism and police shootings; yet that would imply that somewhere on the evening of Dec 6 Courtland had the ugliness of this racism brewing within its township; and
  • a connection into major drug trafficking; yet Jessica's background in that area does not imply any connection to a major player, only smalltime criminals such as GM.

With the national focus on violence, arson and law enforcement what better time to to kill someone in retaliation for whatever and just make it look like a gang member was responsible when, in fact, her killer could be the girl next door or across the street? Lotsa possibilities remain wide open in this case.

JMO

If Jessica was suicidal, I think she would have remained in the car but she didn't; she opened the car door and ran to the road to find someone would could help save her life.

jmo

Today, in Knoxville, TN, on a major artery off I-40/75, i saw a large electronic billboard by the FBI advertising the Jessica Chambers' reward. Don't know if they are appearing in other parts of the country as well. Thought it was a bit unusual for it to be on the arterial road and not on I-40/75 (the billboard cannot be seen from the Interstate). It is right before a Pilot Flying J, so it gets a lot of truck visibility.

Is this an indication that the FBI has a reason to think that likely informants are possibly places other than Panola County and its immediate vicinity? It is interesting coming with the timing of the Clarion-Ledger piece.

I was glad to read the article. Sounds almost like they read here. ;) I will concede they may have some evidence, but sure still sounds as if they have no real direction to the truth in this case. Once they find the one missing piece, it will all fall into place and take them down the path quickly to the truth. I will continue to keep an open mind as to the outcome. It remains that I feel suicide is yet another option in spite of this report, but I have several theories as to what could have happened to Jessica Chambers.

Is this an indication that the FBI has a reason to think that likely informants are possibly places other than Panola County and its immediate vicinity? It is interesting coming with the timing of the Clarion-Ledger piece.

I would think that it is an indication that this is larger than a murder in a small town just by the presence of so many federal agencies...

Classito

Today, in Knoxville, TN, on a major artery off I-40/75, i saw a large electronic billboard by the FBI advertising the Jessica Chambers' reward. Don't know if they are appearing in other parts of the country as well. Thought it was a bit unusual for it to be on the arterial road and not on I-40/75 (the billboard cannot be seen from the Interstate). It is right before a Pilot Flying J, so it gets a lot of truck visibility.

In the 2 murder cases I mentioned earlier in the N. GA mountains ..... several billboards were erected with a picture of one of the murdered women and asking for any info involving her disappearance .... her brother eventually found her remains .... he was a pilot and had been flying searching over the area near where she was murdered. I read that the family had the billboards erected .... they even sold a lakefront home to finance the sign, plus donations were coming in.

"but sure still sounds as if they have no real direction to the truth in this case".

I beg to differ .... I think the Clarion Ledger article was very positive in that they are still investigating it 24/7 and with many other agencies involved.

I would think that it is an indication that this is larger than a murder in a small town just by the presence of so many federal agencies...

Classito

Someone please remind me why the Feds were already in the area .... something about a threat to blow up the TN/AR bridge? What was that all about?

In the 2 murder cases I mentioned earlier in the N. GA mountains ..... several billboards were erected with a picture of one of the murdered women and asking for any info involving her disappearance .... her brother eventually found her remains .... he was a pilot and had been flying searching over the area near where she was murdered. I read that the family had the billboards erected .... they even sold a lakefront home to finance the sign, plus donations were coming in.

This one was definitely a FBI sponsored billboard. I have seen this type before, but it seems like before it has always been seeking a regional suspect, such as a bank robber.

Since we don't have much to go on, my initial theory when I first heard this case was that Jessica was possibly a witness to another crime and her "cleaning" out her car involved looking for incriminating evidence that perpetrator/friend left in her car from previous crime. I am not sure if there were any crimes in the few weeks prior to Jessica's death, but what if she somehow drove acquaintance from previous crime scene or was actually a witness to serious crime like "bank robbery". The reason I initially thought that may be the case is because she told her mom that she had to clean her car, but may be she met her acquaintance/perpetrator because he left weapon or incriminating evidence in the car. She was murdered because she witnessed too much/ Just a hypo but thought I would throw it out there. But I currently have different theory about case.

Btw- Did anyone notice how one of the individual(s) in the M&M was staring at Jessica the entire time she was at the counter? Also the timing others at gas pumps.

It would help immensely if we knew who Jessica talked to on her cell phone, and maybe there is more evidence on it from prior days/weeks. Jmo/

Since we don't have much to go on, my initial theory when I first heard this case was that Jessica was possibly a witness to another crime and her "cleaning" out her car involved looking for incriminating evidence that perpetrator/friend left in her car from previous crime. I am not sure if there were any crimes in the few weeks prior to Jessica's death, but what if she somehow drove acquaintance from previous crime scene or was actually a witness to serious crime like "bank robbery". The reason I initially thought that may be the case is because she told her mom that she had to clean her car, but may be she met her acquaintance/perpetrator because he left weapon or incriminating evidence in the car. She was murdered because she witnessed too much/ Just a hypo but thought I would throw it out there. But I currently have different theory about case.

Btw- Did anyone notice how one of the individual(s) in the M&M was staring at Jessica the entire time she was at the counter? Also the timing others at gas pumps.

It would help immensely if we knew who Jessica talked to on her cell phone, and maybe there is more evidence on it from prior days/weeks. Jmo/

Word was she just got that car back I believe, maybe that day. Seems her dad may have been driving it while she was at Leahs? Maybe someone else will know.

Yes, the larger guy was eying her.

If you could solve this crime Sheriff (not in my county) Darby might let you have a look at that phone. :)

That's nearly 500 miles away from Courtland! In answer to your last question I would say a definite yes.

Just wanted to put the credit back where its due with Therese Apel, of The Clarion-Ledger. We should thank her for a well-written article that was able to inspire with little of substance as duly noted by SS. A video has been added at the site where the article appears, but don't bother unless you love an authentic Mississippi accent, a certain kind of man, or both. Seriously, you could just watch to hear Darby and Champion in their own words.

Classito

I really hope that in addition to solving and catching perpetrators who killed Jessica that the federal government or state provides the county with more funding/resources. It seems like the community is overwhelmed (going by articles/SM) and could use some support to handle the possible criminal activities. It would be even better if the FBI/feds could solve/investigate or make large scale arrests. I feel like I've been exposed to more crime in that community by just reading online than Jessica's death, and maybe Jessica's death just opened up clues to other crimes, idk. i.e. prison reform/resources, drug trafficking, domestic violence, prostitution, arson, criminal enterprises, and so on. I feel bad for the entire law-abiding community, they deserve to be safe just like any other community. Jmo/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay