MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't answer your questions for you; only law enforcement can. Until they say otherwise I will believe this is homicide. Until they show the evidence we don't know the evidence. What is left? Only to wait as her parents wait to learn what happened.
The problem is...I don't see them being able to answer the questions. They are coming up on a cold case fast, imo.

I am not certain they do know more outside of the info from the hundred people they have interviewed which have brought them no viable leads.

What type of evidence would there be? DNA? Not with a burned out shell of a car or on a body burned over 98%, imo. Fingerprints? Not likely. Video evidence? Nope. Liquid accelerant container? Possible, but does not necessarily make a case for homicide. A lighter or matches? No witnesses. No confessions. No leads. She had no fatal wounds (gunshot, stab, blunt force trauma, strangulation, etc) to her body as she died from thermal injury. And they have admitted they have very little and are not moving the case forward. Evidence for homicide? What is left?

They have videos from other places...They are waiting on lab results...They have subpoenas and possibly more leads once lab results are in...It all takes time...

Classito

They have videos from other places...They are waiting on lab results...They have subpoenas and possibly more leads once lab results are in...It all takes time...

Classito
What other places? Places where she was seen like the convenience store? Big help that was.

Lab results from what? What type of accelerant was used? Unless they found a cigarette butt or something akin to that outside of the fire zone, there is nothing to really test, imo. They probably did test the cell phone. With the resources of the ATF and FBI, no testing should be held up this long.

What subpoenas? What leads? I don't hear LE stating people are breaking down their door to testify or give them any information about this situation. They keep adding to the reward fund in hopes of someone (anyone) stepping up, but evidently that has not happened.

Where was Jessica when she was talking to her mom on her cell phone? Was she driving or parked?

Jessica wasn’t wearing her eyeglasses when she arrived at the M&M Quick Stop. Was she required by law to wear her glasses when she drove her car?

LE obviously doesn't have enough evidence or there would have been an arrest by now IMOO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Sorry for any typos!

I am not entirely certain however I believe that a DA first needs to present sufficient evidence to a grand jury in order for that jury to determine if there is a preponderance of evidence for an indictment against an individual. LE may have "enough evidence" to draw a high degree of suspicion against someone in Jessica's murder, yet not enough to convince that jury that Mississippi would win a conviction.

As of this writing, DA Champion may be playing a game of "wills" with his unnamed suspect. By suggesting that he does not have any leads in the murder, he may be hoping that his suspect will feel a false sense of security and make a revealing mistake.

I think it's quite likely that they have nothing; in just why that is may lie the case's solving.

Although unrelated to this case, this is a link to a DA and a police chief speaking to the press about the arrest they made (finally) in the case of missing 6 week old Delano Wilson. I have been following this case here on WS as well, and this, to me, is how a press conference should be done, and they provide great examples of how an investigation is handled. This does give me hope, that if JC's case is handled by the right people, they will make an arrest. After all, in the case i'm linking, they are charging the father with murder, without even having recovered the body of the baby.

http://fox59.com/2015/02/04/father-faces-murder-charge-in-case-of-missing-baby-delano-wilson/.

What other places? Places where she was seen like the convenience store? Big help that was.

Lab results from what? What type of accelerant was used? Unless they found a cigarette butt or something akin to that outside of the fire zone, there is nothing to really test, imo. They probably did test the cell phone. With the resources of the ATF and FBI, no testing should be held up this long.

What subpoenas? What leads? I don't hear LE stating people are breaking down their door to testify or give them any information about this situation. They keep adding to the reward fund in hopes of someone (anyone) stepping up, but evidently that has not happened.

He would not say what places the videos came from, lab results, etc...mentioned evidence for grand jury protected by Mississippi state law...100 or more people have come in and talked...from that, I would imagine they were able to discover Jessica's movements after the gas stop..which probably led them to the videos from other places....

Classito

The big picture....Panola County Sheriff, MBI, ATF, FBI, and US Marshalls are working on this case...Think about that for a minute..

Classito

Yep, and I believe it goes much deeper than just Panola County MS going by the way she was murdered.

It was shocking to say the least to hear Champion say "If we don't get a break soon we will release everything we have." That's the way I remember it but I didn't believe it.

I don't recall Champion saying they would "release everything they have" .... I remember him saying only that they would release "more information".

I read that on one of the internet sites that cover this case occasionally. At first, I thought "maybe" - but you'd have to have a lot of people in on the faked death - the first responders, medivac people, doctors and nurses at the Med. center in Memphis, as well as her immediate family. This seems improbable to me.
Just a thought..... Is it possible that the death of JC is a hoax and she is really in witness protection? Makes sence to me

From Han's link to new Clarion article

"When the news media gets to the point that there are other things going on and it seems like it's cold with y'all, it's not with us," Darby said. "There's a full-fledged investigation going on, and there are some areas that we are still very involved with as far as the investigation goes, a lot of people we're going through, and we think we have some possibilities. We have to be 100 percent right, though, we can't be 99 percent."

District Attorney John Champion said a Wednesday meeting of investigators on the Chambers case brought 67 people from several different agencies who are actively working the case on a daily basis.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...ambers-death-authorities-determined/22978811/

This does not sound like a misclassified accident or suicide case. MOO It sounds like there are at least one and maybe more possible suspects or POIs and that LE has a working theory or two that seem promising.

think big

Classito

Just a thought..... Is it possible that the death of JC is a hoax and she is really in witness protection? Makes sence to me

Would love to think so , but far too many people would have to be in on the hoax for it to be possible, imo. At least two or three firefighters, including the chief, several law enforcement officers of local, state and federal agencies, a few medical personnel on the ground plus a helicopter pilot and crew, medical personnel in Memphis, the county coroner, funeral home staff, and her family, to name just a few. Just don't see it as possible to pull off successfully. JMO

The big picture....Panola County Sheriff, MBI, ATF, FBI, and US Marshalls are working on this case...Think about that for a minute..

Classito

It is difficult to "think big" unless you can find a connection from Jessica into the Big Picture. The only two connections I can imagine at the moment are:
  • the "timing" surrounding the events of 2014's ugly, national racism and police shootings; yet that would imply that somewhere on the evening of Dec 6 Courtland had the ugliness of this racism brewing within its township; and
  • a connection into major drug trafficking; yet Jessica's background in that area does not imply any connection to a major player, only smalltime criminals such as GM.

Thank you, Han. Am very relieved there appears to be a more positive spin on the investigation; there are a lot of boots on the ground. May they lead to justice for Jessica and resolution for those who love her.

Guess I was teetering on the edge with the talk of a cold case. Finding the article left my head spinning. Thanks ticya and others for embellishing with some details.

Darby said he feels like the case is going in a very positive direction, even to the point of being on the verge of something.

"I feel like we're beating around on it, but we haven't gotten it yet. Before I reveal anything I've got to be sure," he said.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2015/02/06/two-months-after-jessica-chambers-death-authorities-determined/22978811/

From Han's and your link

"The men and women who gather every day in the investigation room, or "the War Room," at the Panola County Sheriff's Department and all those who work offsite want justice more and more every day, he said."

More power to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member