MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The mom does not say she wanted her out or who exactly wanted Jessica out of the program early..Only that she worked with Jessica and officials to get her out early...

"...No, no that was all okay, I took care of that myself with them and her"

In my opinion Jessica convinced her mom she was a changed woman and mom believed her...The mom says when she got home she was a totally changed woman.

"...She did leave early, but she came back ho.. she came here..She was wonderful, I mean she had in that short period of time 6 weeks she was a total different child. She was getting up..she was cleaning up.."

http://www.truecrimeradio.com/radio-archives/beth-karas-lisa-chambers-radio-archive-january-2015/

Well we do know that she was not cleaning her room a month or two after getting out...In my opinion, she was getting back into the way she was before Leah's House, and she put on a good act to get out...

Classito

A messy room is pretty typical of a teenager. I can't tie any significance to it at all since I don't know details of "the way she was before."

JMO

My reasoning for believing there was an argument (disagreement) was the length of the call and her mom saying she was suppose to be right back...first leaving a text about Memphis (taking too long) and then calling twice...when she reached her the call was for a long period of time with very little said...mom was waiting for her cigarettes..

I don't see someone paranoid (scared, in fear, or being stalked) going out by themselves at night time to wash a car.
Classito

I too believe there was a disagreement.

If JC was paranoid or feared for her safety....I don't see her going out alone UNLESS she was out with someone else. Maybe she was out with someone she felt would have her back if some BS jumped off.

JMO

The mom does not say she wanted her out or who exactly wanted Jessica out of the program early..Only that she worked with Jessica and officials to get her out early...

"...No, no that was all okay, I took care of that myself with them and her"

In my opinion Jessica convinced her mom she was a changed woman and mom believed her...The mom says when she got home she was a totally changed woman.

"...She did leave early, but she came back ho.. she came here..She was wonderful, I mean she had in that short period of time 6 weeks she was a total different child. She was getting up..she was cleaning up.."

http://www.truecrimeradio.com/radio-archives/beth-karas-lisa-chambers-radio-archive-january-2015/

Well we do know that she was not cleaning her room a month or two after getting out...In my opinion, she was getting back into the way she was before Leah's House, and she put on a good act to get out...

Classito

I don't remember the whole interview and am in the midst of a blizzard here (New Englander), so want to ask: did she say just "not cleaning up" or mention her room specifically? I ask because if it was "not cleaning up" following "not getting up," could she have been referring to JC being depressed and not motivated about herself at that point? I'm recalling a poster who mentioned that aggression (fights with mom) can also accompany behavioral health issues. JC had a lot on her plate, IMO, given the death of her brother and alleged relationship issues.

While JC might have acted a certain way in order to get out, she seemed to have been sincere about wanting to write that book, which would suggest to me that she had changed (in some respects, at least).

It's me, the broken record. What time did Jessica leave her house? Were statements about the time stamp at the M&M accurate? If they were not, why did the 'clerk' believe they were? And if he was misinformed on the subject, why? What good is a missing hour and who does that benefit?

It's me, the broken record. What time did Jessica leave her house? Were statements about the time stamp at the M&M accurate? If they were not, why did the 'clerk' believe they were? And if he was misinformed on the subject, why? What good is a missing hour and who does that benefit?

I would think LE and the family would want to keep the perp/s, who know what they did, off balance as well, as I don't think we'll have precise info on this until trial, if, but hopefully when LE get them.

New article thought I would post it Thanks for all your updates and posts they are much appreciated.

"The mother of a Mississippi teen who was burned alive in her car has revealed the final words she spoke to her daughter as she lay dying in a hospital bed.

Lisa Daugherty rushed to her daughter Jessica Chambers' bedside in December 7 she lay dying with 98 percent of her body covered in burns.

Knowing their time together was short, Daughterty told 19-year-old Jessica to let go.

'I just looked at her and said, 'I know you're in pain, Baby, if you want to go, you can go.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...spoke-daughter-took-breath.html#ixzz3RqqfBtlW

I don't remember the whole interview and am in the midst of a blizzard here (New Englander), so want to ask: did she say just "not cleaning up" or mention her room specifically? I ask because if it was "not cleaning up" following "not getting up," could she have been referring to JC being depressed and not motivated about herself at that point

What she was referencing was how Jessica was acting when she got out of Leah's House..Which would probably mean these were things she was not doing before she went in...Saying yes m'am, no m'am etc.

"She did leave early, but she came back ho.. she came here..She was wonderful, I mean she had in that short period of time 6 weeks she was a total different child. She was getting up..she was cleaning up.."

Classito

I don't know too many teens who tell their ex-boyfriend intimate information after they break up and move on to other relationships. What I think Lisa is saying is that BR can't be believed. Instead of calling him a liar directly, she's spinning it.

JMO

She says nothing whatsoever about BR or alleged gang rapes in that interview, only the snitches thing which could refer to anything, couldn't it? Like drugs or gangs or lots of other things. I never got any impression she was referring to snitching on the purported rapists but I could be completely wrong. (Would have been a great question for the reporter to ask though. "What was she supposedly snitching about?")

JMO

New article thought I would post it Thanks for all your updates and posts they are much appreciated.

"The mother of a Mississippi teen who was burned alive in her car has revealed the final words she spoke to her daughter as she lay dying in a hospital bed.

Lisa Daugherty rushed to her daughter Jessica Chambers' bedside in December 7 she lay dying with 98 percent of her body covered in burns.

Knowing their time together was short, Daughterty told 19-year-old Jessica to let go.

'I just looked at her and said, 'I know you're in pain, Baby, if you want to go, you can go.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...spoke-daughter-took-breath.html#ixzz3RqqfBtlW

Thank you, for the link. This seems updated Therese Apel, The Clarion-Ledger 12:03 p.m. CST February 15, 2015

With all respect due those who believe that "Jessica telling her story" in writing might really have been a viable option with, somehow, the thrust and artistic direction necessary to achieve an audience willing to purchase it, but also to make a societal difference through the narrative, and thus to affect change -- that is, putting people in jail based on her authority and knowledge, and thus to cause beforehand such fear as to get herself killed because she possessed said knowledge -- is a bit of a stretch.

Her father worked at a LE agency; surely it would have been a bit simpler, if she had a story to tell, to use that connection, one would think. And the manner in which she met her end was rather dramatic, wouldn't one think, rather dramatic and rather loud, for anyone who wanted to silence whatever it was she might have known that they feared she might announce.

"...and she's looking behind her, out the door, and I'm looking behind her like 'Who...who are you talking about?"

Now who do you suppose that could be, "..behind her, out the door..."?

You are correct, IMHO.

Had not seen this. Who do YOU suppose it could be "..behind her, out the door...? I really have no idea.

With all respect due those who believe that "Jessica telling her story" in writing might really have been a viable option with, somehow, the thrust and artistic direction necessary to achieve an audience willing to purchase it, but also to make a societal difference through the narrative, and thus to affect change -- that is, putting people in jail based on her authority and knowledge, and thus to cause beforehand such fear as to get herself killed because she possessed said knowledge -- is a bit of a stretch.

Her father worked at a LE agency; surely it would have been a bit simpler, if she had a story to tell, to use that connection, one would think. And the manner in which she met her end was rather dramatic, wouldn't one think, rather dramatic and rather loud, for anyone who wanted to silence whatever it was she might have known that they feared she might announce.

bbm

I doubt her murder had to do with her desire to write a book, but I don't think we should be dismissing other members' theories about her death. I know I even mentioned a few threads ago that if somebody were trying to send a message to a larger group, saying this is what happens if you talk, then the suggestion that some sort of accelerant was poured down her throat and she was lit on fire is one that would definitely instill terror in anybody else who might have info to share.

Had not seen this. Who do YOU suppose it could be "..behind her, out the door...? I really have no idea.

I have no idea either but I truly believe that Jessica told her mother who it was but IMO LE has told Lisa not to tell any of the public.

I have no idea either but I truly believe that Jessica told her mother who it was but IMO LE has told Lisa not to tell any of the public.

We can only hope this is the case. If true, though, why wouldn't LE have made an arrest by now?

bbm

I doubt her murder had to do with her desire to write a book, but I don't think we should be dismissing other members' theories about her death. I know I even mentioned a few threads ago that if somebody were trying to send a message to a larger group, saying this is what happens if you talk, then the suggestion that some sort of accelerant was poured down her throat and she was lit on fire is one that would definitely instill terror in anybody else who might have info to share.

There also are cases where "snitches" have been set on fire to keep others in line. I am not sure what "message" the perpetrator(s) were sending b/c we are not privy to all facts, but jmo there are number of possible reasons for particular method in this case. Besides the fact that immolation must be excruciatingly painful and it gets rid of evidence, so inflicting the most pain and getting rid of evidence on car or Jessica's body or could be additional reason or combination. Jmo/

See example of OH case: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2013/10/08/burning-body-murder-trial.html

I haven't really decided whether I think her knowledge of some activity had anything to do with her death. But I don't think it was her wanting to write a book about something that might have upset someone, if that was the case, but rather that she might have switched allegiances. If she wasn't in the mindset to keep secrets, it wouldn't have mattered if she divulged them by writing a book or telling her dad. Again, I'm not convinced this provoked someone to set her afire. It seems more of a personal attack to me. JMO.

The burns on her face (as described by LD, vaseline on her eyes) sounds more like flash burns than someone having poured an accelerant down her nose and mouth.

JMO

For someone that didn't want Jessica to "talk", they sure brought on a boat load of attention to themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Sorry for any typos!

I think it is a bit of a stretch, too and I agree, reaching out to her dad was far more logical. I'm having a hard time believing Jessica would tell someone she just met that not only did she have a story to tell and she needed her help in telling it. Yet she wouldn't seek help from her dad if she thought someone was stalking her.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member