MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it bizarre that the reporters have so few questions, when we have about a thousand???

He's probably said in advance what he won't answer. I think the reporters are intimidated.

oh yeah...at some point...that was her reason for being on Herron Rd. But wonder if she worked til 6ish and went fishing later??

I think she said that she drove by what turned out to be the scene EARLIER and did not see anything amiss. ?? JMO

so i wonder how they know she was on scene at 7:31 if the fire call didnt come in until 37 minutes later, witness drove by and saw her? (thought i remembered something like that)

ok he just said they know by using technology but will not specify.

The 911 call came in after 8? I didn't realize that, I guess. Thanks.

He's probably said in advance what he won't answer. I think the reporters are intimidated.

I could hear the voices of all the main reporters on Jessica's story and thought their questions well informed, and not unnecessarily controversial.

I think she said that she drove by what turned out to be the scene EARLIER and did not see anything amiss. ?? JMO

Possibly, but she could have worked til 6ish and still had more than an hour and a half to go by the scene before Jessica died.

Does this sound right?

The timeline of that night so far goes like this: until about 5 p.m., Jessica was at home. She then got a call and went to a gas station and residence in Courtland, which she left at 6 p.m. She was then seen near Highway 6 around 6:10 p.m. At 7:31 p.m., she was on Herron Road, off Highway 51, where she was fatally lit on fire. Shortly after 8 p.m., a passerby found her and called 911.
Does someone live right next to or across from the store or did the reporter combine 2 events into 1?
http://wreg.com/2015/02/17/jessica-chambers-case-update/

6:30 - 7:30 they do not know where she was.

I believe her mom said she was on the phone with her from around 6:40 something to a little past 7..She stated there was no background noise..

Classito

That's why 'we don't know where she was escapes me.' How can you have all that technology and NOT know.

so i wonder how they know she was on scene at 7:31 if the fire call didnt come in until 37 minutes later, witness drove by and saw her? (thought i remembered something like that)

Phone battery removed after 7:30? But that doesn't explain the blank between 6:30 and 7:30, especially since somewhere in there she reportedly talked to her mother in a quiet place! So, the phone was in use! Unless she had 2 phones...........bizarre, as usual. JMO

What time did Jessica talk with her mom on Saturday evening? TIA

In the Theresa Apel interview, Lisa says that she last spoke with Jessica at 7:13 pm, and they concluded their call at that time. She indicated also that there were no distinguishing sounds in the background, and that Jessica seemed jovial. In previous comments surrounding this conversation, Lisa has claimed that the conversation lasted approximately 20 minutes, and indicated that perhaps it began around 6:48 pm.

That's why 'we don't know where she was escapes me.' How can you have all that technology and NOT know.

well they know the area, they just dont know exactly. they know that she wasnt at the same house she was at earlier.

so she could be at another house, on the side of the road, parked in a parking lot... if i had to guess i would say she was at the house of whoever killed her.

but that is obviously complete speculation. if its correct, hopefully this release of the exact time they cannot account for will stir someones memory.

have they released a picture of her car as it would have looked on that day? maybe someone in this now narrowed down area and time frame will recall seeing it...

I imagine they triangulated cellphone pings from nearby towers on her last known telephone conversation with her mother at 7:13 pm.

Could that be an onboard data thingamajigger? The car's computer brain?

How many cell towers in Courtland? Anybody know? JMO

Using Google maps, if you look at intersection of Woodland and Hwy 6 in Batesville, do streetview and rotate the pic, there is Sonic sitting right on the corner....wonder if LF was working, and had phoned her earlier wanting to talk about something...

LF has gone on record that she drove by the crime scene "on her way to Lake Enid" to go fishing, and that if she had seen something she would have fought for Jessica....

"The timeline of that night so far goes like this:
-Until about 5 p.m., Jessica was mostly at home.
-Around 5 p.m., she got a call from a friend and went to a gas station in Courtland. WREG has shown you the surveillance video from her stop here, where she put gas in her car.
-She went to a home in Courtland shortly before 6 p.m. She left around 6 p.m.
-Chambers was located in the area of Highway 6’s first set of stoplights, coming into Batesville. She was there 10 to 15 minutes. The D.A. cannot elaborate further about where she was specifically.
-Chambers was back in Courtland around 6:30 p.m.
-No one can place Chambers for the next hour. Investigators know she was at the murder scene on Herron Road at 7:31 p.m.
-The 911 call went out at 8:09 p.m.

Jessica died several hours later at a Memphis hospital on December 7th.

The Chambers family continues to ask anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-729-2169 or the ATF at 1-888-283-3473.

There is a $54,000 reward being offered."

http://wreg.com/2015/02/17/jessica-chambers-case-update/

GRRR Why can they not place her, if she was on the phone with her mother? Obviously she was back in or in the vicinity of Courtland. Which cell tower pinged? DUHHH. JMO

LF has gone on record that she drove by the crime scene "on her way to Lake Enid" to go fishing, and that if she had seen something she would have fought for Jessica....

I enjoy taking days off work (even though my friends are working) to celebrate children's birthdays early in the day and fish later. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member