MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LF has gone on record that she drove by the crime scene "on her way to Lake Enid" to go fishing, and that if she had seen something she would have fought for Jessica....

What time did LF drive by the crime scene? TIA

I believe that there is a person (of my interest) who lives on Carlisle Road fairly close to M&M, and who is NOT CW but I am not allowed to identify that person.

There are several, but I can't seem to connect them in all my snooping, because EVERYBODY knows everybody around those parts! JMO add I mean, specifically because just knowing each other doesn't translate to suspicious. JMO

What time did LF drive by the crime scene? TIA

LF provides only the following expression regarding that time. She says "on her way to Lake Enid", not from. I imagine Champion will want LF's specific thoughts on the matter.

LF provides only the following expression regarding that time. She says "on her way to Lake Enid", not from. I imagine Champion will want LF's specific thoughts on the matter.

Hope so. JMO

Authorities release more of Jessica Chambers' movements on her last day

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...-chambers-movements-on-her-last-day/23565615/

Champion said around 5:30 p.m., Chambers got a phone call, and she left and went to the convenience store where she was captured on surveillance video.

Chambers' mother, Lisa Daugherty, has said that Chambers told her she was going to get food and clean her car out. She said she believes Jessica went to Batesville to do that because the car cleaning facility in Courtland wasn't working.

A little before 6 p.m., Chambers was at a residence in Courtland for about five to seven minutes. Champion said officials will not elaborate on whose residence that was or what she did there, nor if she picked someone up or dropped someone off.

She went from that residence to the area of Woodland and Highway 6 in Batesville. Champion said there are several businesses there she may have visited, and she was in that area for about 10 to 15 minutes.

Around 6:30, Chambers was back in Courtland.

"At around 7:31, we've got her on the scene where she was found," Champion said.

So one thing not on the timeline, and apparently now being dispelled by Champion, is CW's alleged reference to a "party":

The talk that there was a party that Chambers attended has turned up nothing, officials said.

"There's nothing at all to say she was at a party," Champion said.

I'm curious as to why or how the "party" reference came to be in the first place. Even though there wasn't a party, the talk about one makes me wonder. Could it in itself have been a red herring or something?

So one thing not on the timeline, and apparently now being dispelled by Champion, is CW's alleged reference to a "party":

The talk that there was a party that Chambers attended has turned up nothing, officials said.

"There's nothing at all to say she was at a party," Champion said.

I'm curious as to why or how the "party" reference came to be in the first place. Even though there wasn't a party, the talk about one makes me wonder. Could it in itself have been a red herring or something?

As I recall, the very first reference to there having been a party was CW saying so on the familys Justice for Jessica page BEFORE they went private... I know that was the first time I saw it and I think it may have been just before CW was taken in for questioning. Possibly, just after.... That is why I have wondered if CW was USED as a lure while possibly not being aware that she was being used. She MAY have called Jess to tell her to go to a party, which really was a trap. Dunno, but I have wondered about that all along. JMO

I may be wrong here, but from everything I see, CW was a friend of JC's and possibly (probably) a confidante. Lisa said JC spent most of her free time either "across" the street at the neighbor's or visiting her gram who also lived across the street. ShaSha was on her phone list. Sha Sha may have a big mouth, but I cannot see her knowingly being a party to the torture and assassination of Jessica. I think that Lisa knows perfectly well who Sha Sha is, but does NOT want to question her about Jessica. Just my opinion. JMO

Why would JC drive South to get gas and then double back North to Batesville? There's multiple gas stations on the way to Batesville!

Not like she stopped to get her Mom smokes some place close and drop them off before heading to Batesville.:thinking:

Why would JC drive South to get gas and then double back North to Batesville? There's multiple gas stations on the way to Batesville!

Not like she stopped to get her Mom smokes some place close and drop them off before heading to Batesville.:thinking:

She may have received a phone call AFTER she left the house and changed her plan....we don't know. JMO

Having the perp/s know now that it is known that Jessica's car was seen there at 7:30 pm, about 3/4's of an hour before a fire was called in may be significant, in jogging memories as well.

That the party was a red herring on the rumor mill struck me as possible, too. Who started the rumor that Auntie Sha Sha repeated may tell something? Where did the red herrings come from?

It seems Jessica would have have to known the person she was with, if she was with them while she was on the phone with her mom, who did not sense any panic or fear in the conversation, just silence in the background, nothing off. If her mom didn't hear Jessica driving in the background, but quiet, and Jessica was seen at the spot at 7:30, then it would stand to reason that she either drove or was driven to that spot from another place in Courtland between 7:13 and 7:30; or even more possible that she may have been at that spot since before she started the conversation with her mom, and may have been driving during the first call from her mom that she didn't answer prior to their last conversation.

Having the perp/s know now that it is known that Jessica's car was seen there at 7:30 pm about 3/4's of an hour before a fire was called in may be significant, in jogging memories as well.

Was it SEEN there, or known to be there because of triangulation? JMO

Unfortunate that no reporter questioned if JC had a tattoo.

Was it SEEN there, or known to be there because of triangulation? JMO

"The timeline of that night so far goes like this:
-Until about 5 p.m., Jessica was mostly at home.
-Around 5 p.m., she got a call from a friend and went to a gas station in Courtland. WREG has shown you the surveillance video from her stop here, where she put gas in her car.
-She went to a home in Courtland shortly before 6 p.m. She left around 6 p.m.
-Chambers was located in the area of Highway 6’s first set of stoplights, coming into Batesville. She was there 10 to 15 minutes. The D.A. cannot elaborate further about where she was specifically.
-Chambers was back in Courtland around 6:30 p.m.
-No one can place Chambers for the next hour. Investigators know she was at the murder scene on Herron Road at 7:31 p.m.
-The 911 call went out at 8:09 p.m.

Jessica died several hours later at a Memphis hospital on December 7th.

The Chambers family continues to ask anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-729-2169 or the ATF at 1-888-283-3473.

There is a $54,000 reward being offered."

http://wreg.com/2015/02/17/jessica-chambers-case-update/

and also

Authorities release more of Jessica Chambers' movements on her last day

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...-chambers-movements-on-her-last-day/23565615/

Champion said around 5:30 p.m., Chambers got a phone call, and she left and went to the convenience store where she was captured on surveillance video.

Chambers' mother, Lisa Daugherty, has said that Chambers told her she was going to get food and clean her car out. She said she believes Jessica went to Batesville to do that because the car cleaning facility in Courtland wasn't working.

A little before 6 p.m., Chambers was at a residence in Courtland for about five to seven minutes. Champion said officials will not elaborate on whose residence that was or what she did there, nor if she picked someone up or dropped someone off.

She went from that residence to the area of Woodland and Highway 6 in Batesville. Champion said there are several businesses there she may have visited, and she was in that area for about 10 to 15 minutes.

Around 6:30, Chambers was back in Courtland.

"At around 7:31, we've got her on the scene where she was found," Champion said.

BBM

This timeline make absolutely no sense to me. They got it from Champions's presser today? And, no one had any further questions? :facepalm:

QUESTIONS BBM

http://wreg.com/2015/02/17/jessica-chambers-case-update/

The timeline of that night so far goes like this:

– Until about 5 p.m., Jessica was mostly at home.
What does "mostly at home mean"?

– Around 5 p.m., she got a call from a friend and went to a gas station in Courtland. WREG has shown you the surveillance video from her stop here, where she put gas in her car.
What does the call have to do with getting gas? I thought she was just getting gas and smokes for her mom? What's the connection with a call from a friend?

– She went to a home in Courtland shortly before 6 p.m. and left a few minutes later.
It took Jessica 50 minutes to drive to a home in Courtland when she's already in Courtland? Say what???

– Chambers was located in the area of Highway 6’s first set of stoplights, coming into Batesville. She was there 10 to 15 minutes. The DA couldn’t elaborate further about where she was specifically.
Coming into Batesville? So, she turned around in Batesville? Lost me here.

Ok, she was somewhere in Batesville for 10-15 minutes. Sonic?

Ok Champ... be sure not to give anyone anything too specific that may help.

– Chambers was back in Courtland around 6:30 p.m.
So, let me get this straight... JC was someplace in Courtland at 6pm. Drove to Batesville, was there for 10-15 minutes, then returned to Courtland around 6:30pm.

According to Google maps, it takes approximately 8 minutes to drive from M&M to Batesville. Now, depending on who's home she was at after the gas station, it may take less or more time. So, a "guestimation": 20-35 rountrip.

How does LE know that JC was back in Courtland at 6:30?

– No one can place Chambers for the next hour. Investigators know she was at the murder scene on Herron Road at 7:31 p.m. Chambers’ mother previously told WREG they spoke on the phone briefly around 6:45 p.m.
How does LE know JC was at murder scene at 7:31pm. And exactly at 7:31pm? Phone records possibly?

And if JC's Mom spoke to her at 6:45pm, wouldn't that narrow the time that is unaccounted for even further to 46 minutes?

– The 911 call went out at 8:09 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member