MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I'm just catching up.....

First off, what the hell is going on?
So there was no party?
Jessica was at the crime scene at 7:30p?
So after she left the gas station she went to a friends house? WHAT FRIEND??
So I wonder what time the tipster RM claims to have heard the loud car driving down his street???
Didn't he live near Carlisle??
So did Jessica talk to her mother that evening or not?

?

I still think there is something to Sha Sha's comments about a party. Perhaps, during the unaccounted for hour, Jessica went to a place where people were gathered. And then "they" left (as Sha Sha slipped and corrected to "she"). Then "they" went to the area on Herron Rd., where things "went too far."

i still think there is something to sha sha's comments about a party. Perhaps, during the unaccounted for hour, jessica went to a place where people were gathered. And then "they" left (as sha sha slipped and corrected to "she"). Then "they" went to the area on herron rd., where things "went too far."

ita.....

Well, one clear takeaway (at least for me) based off this timeline: the killer is not some out of towner traveling down the interstate. She was in Courtland for an HOUR prior to going to Herron Rd.

So, if we go with the premise that Sha Sha leaked some information here, the statement that things went too far indicates that something was planned in order to "punish" Jessica. I wonder if it ties into what her mom said about the "snitching." After today's timeline release, I'm leaning towards: Jessica was lured to some gathering, was taken to Herron Rd., was assaulted in some way there and then "groupthink" took over (even if it was only two people) and it escalated into this. Maybe people aren't talking because they are in some way sympathetic to whoever killed her, thinking she deserved to be punished and emotions got the better of the killers--who didn't plan to kill her. Just thinking out loud, I'm probably totally wrong...

It sounds to me like Jessica's destination was Batesville before she even left the house.

I'm just troubled by their ability to pinpoint her to the crime scene at 7:31, but they don't know where she was the hour before. What scenarios could possibly explain that---if the phone was on, shouldn't they have an "idea" of where she was--especially since she supposedly was using the phone during that time? Was her phone off during this time and the phone call not happen at the time the mom said? Could the mom have the times completely off?

Okay, I'm totally confused. I thought the JC's mom said that she had talked to her for about 20 minutes just prior to 7 o'clock (with the call ending after 7 o'clock). In that conversation, Jessica said she was going to clean her car out and get something to eat. Or at least that's what I thought---but turns out she had ALREADY been to Batesville? And Jessica was actually en-route (or about to be en-route) to her murder scene (which would not be a place for cleaning the car and eating). Since it was stated the autopsy did not surprise them, I am going to read between the lines on that one...

And why didn't they include the conversation with the mom during the timeline? Seems that's an important piece of the puzzle as well. I forgot the times we pegged down for that call, seems like it was 6:50ish to 7:10ish, right?

Please excuse this if someone already answered. One of the reporters replied on twitter that it was because the press conference was just about geographical info. (Someone on here posted a link to her tweets account.)

I'm just troubled by their ability to pinpoint her to the crime scene at 7:31, but they don't know where she was the hour before. What scenarios could possibly explain that---if the phone was on, shouldn't they have an "idea" of where she was--especially since she supposedly was using the phone during that time? Was her phone off during this time and the phone call not happen at the time the mom said? Could the mom have the times completely off?

I think I read that this timeline bolsters the times she gave.

I'm starting to think that either the phone call between mom and jc didn't happen....or she used someone else's phones

Sounds to me that auntie sha sha has some "splainin" to do since she is on video sayin there WAS a party and now DA says there wasn't. I certainly do not condone violence but I bet if someone gave her a waterboarding session or two, this whole thing would be solved in 5 mins. She's had my bs meter on full load since she gave her interview.

I may have missed this, because I haven't been following and have just skimmed trying to catch up, but from the latest article:

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...-chambers-movements-on-her-last-day/23565615/

What caught my eye was her mother's statement that if she had any notes or letters, they would have been in the trunk. Was someone trying to get materials (evidence?) from her and she wouldn't give it up - and things escalated from there?

Janice Broach reports for WMCActionNews5, on Feb 17, 2015 at 10:00 pmish, that (paraphrasing)
'people in Panola say those who know are scared to come forward, but investigators say they can offer them protection, at the end of the report.'
Intersection where she was seen near Goody's.jpg intersection near Goody's where Jessica was seen.

Got a lot of catching up to do, I need someone to glue my butt to the computer chair! I will add all this new info to the map when I get the time later today, promise!

I may have missed this, because I haven't been following and have just skimmed trying to catch up, but from the latest article:

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...-chambers-movements-on-her-last-day/23565615/

What caught my eye was her mother's statement that if she had any notes or letters, they would have been in the trunk. Was someone trying to get materials (evidence?) from her and she wouldn't give it up - and things escalated from there?

I'm glad you mentioned LD saying she'd have kept her book research in her trunk. I've been thinking about that. It strikes me as strange in the first place. Why keep the research material in the trunk of her car versus her room? Was it because her room was messy (i.e., we've heard from LD that it needed cleaning)? Or was she intending to show it to the author she'd met? Or did she not want LD to see it?

I had the same thought as you about somebody perhaps wanting to get to her research, but unless she'd told somebody about it, how would they know it was there? The convenient place to keep it seems like someplace in her room. I find this perplexing. I wondered if it was something she hadn't unpacked after leaving Leah's House, but I don't think she would have had such material with her there, either.

JMO Early on, before the funeral, relatives were interviewed about who Jessica was and what her dreams were...at that time, there was the usual "she wanted to help people" "she wanted to be a nurse" etc, etc, but I recall NO mention of aspirations to be a writer. The first time the would-be AUTHOR came into the picture was when Ms Oliver told the story at the funeral..............then the journal story went viral. I really don't think that anyone knew or cared about Jessica's journal except Oliver. Many people keep journals. I did. JMO

JMO Early on, before the funeral, relatives were interviewed about who Jessica was and what her dreams were...at that time, there was the usual "she wanted to help people" "she wanted to be a nurse" etc, etc, but I recall NO mention of aspirations to be a writer. The first time the would-be AUTHOR came into the picture was when Ms Oliver told the story at the funeral..............then the journal story went viral. I really don't think that anyone knew or cared about Jessica's journal except Oliver. Many people keep journals. I did. JMO

Hate to admit this but I wondered if the writer wasn't using this opportunity to publicize her own new book.

I'm glad you mentioned LD saying she'd have kept her book research in her trunk. I've been thinking about that. It strikes me as strange in the first place. Why keep the research material in the trunk of her car versus her room? Was it because her room was messy (i.e., we've heard from LD that it needed cleaning)? Or was she intending to show it to the author she'd met? Or did she not want LD to see it?

I had the same thought as you about somebody perhaps wanting to get to her research, but unless she'd told somebody about it, how would they know it was there? The convenient place to keep it seems like someplace in her room. I find this perplexing. I wondered if it was something she hadn't unpacked after leaving Leah's House, but I don't think she would have had such material with her there, either.

JMO - I think the takeaway is that if there was a book, Lisa never saw it so JC would have had to have kept it in the car and written it elsewhere.

I personally believe there never was a book. She may have told Oliver she wanted to "tell her story" and may have asked questions about the writing process, but I think it has been taken much too literally and too much emphasis has been put on it because it's one of the few accounts we have of JC interacting with someone outside of the family. - JMO

IIRC, her mom said Jessica would have kept any private journals in her own car, because her mom was naturally nosy, as many many moms have been known to be with kids at that age as they get past rough times.

JMO - I think the takeaway is that if there was a book, Lisa never saw it so JC would have had to have kept it in the car and written it elsewhere.

I personally believe there never was a book. She may have told Oliver she wanted to "tell her story" and may have asked questions about the writing process, but I think it has been taken much too literally and too much emphasis has been put on it because it's one of the few accounts we have of JC interacting with someone outside of the family. - JMO
I tend to agree. We all have a story to tell, and while hers might be more compelling than many, it sounds more like a spur of the moment pipe dream to me, kinda like mine that I still want to write the next great American novel, although I haven't written in about 20 years. JMO

I tend to agree. We all have a story to tell, and while hers might be more compelling than many, it sounds more like a spur of the moment pipe dream to me, kinda like mine that I still want to write the next great American novel, although I haven't written in about 20 years. JMO

Agree! I would bet a place like Leah's House would encourage you to journal... Get your feelings out and down on paper.. I have done it and it is quite therapeutic...Every time I've done it ...I'm also sure that I will be the next Virginia Woolf but after awhile my delusions of grandeur start to fade... So many theories sound reasonable to me that I'm really stumped... One thing I have never wavered on is that this was planned! I don't think its an accident or something that got out of control or done by a stranger.. No way in my opinion...this is very very personal ,stone cold and ruthless! I'm still amazed that in a town so small that gossip is a full town job that people aren't talking or maybe they are... I mean could your average human know of an act as heinous as this one and not tell someone?....but also you would already know what they are capable of....thanks for letting me ramble a bit!
Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members