MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the fact that she was on the phone with her mother does not tell them where she was, just that she was in the courtland area and not at the house that she was at earlier (that they can prove).

Unfortunate that no reporter questioned if JC had a tattoo.

Do you believe her mom or anyone else who saw her in regular clothing most likely would have known of such a tattoo, or would one probably have to either have been told of it, or know her more intimately to be aware of it?

At one point, LE said that witnesses placed JC at the party. Now they say there was no party? I've got to go back and find that now. I wish LE had said WHO those witnesses were who had placed her at the party.

Authorities release more of Jessica Chambers' movements on her last day
Therese Apel, The Clarion-Ledger 5:24 p.m. CST February 17, 2015

"A separate, privately owned video source caught an image of her in her car during this time, but authorities said they know where she was going."

[snipped]

"If you've got a lone perpetrator or two people doing this on their own and choose not to speak and don't leave evidence, that makes things much more difficult for us," Champion said. "We do believe it's someone local, we don't believe this is a random act, but other than that we're just, it's very frustrating."

At one point, LE said that witnesses placed JC at the party. Now they say there was no party? I've got to go back and find that now. I wish LE had said WHO those witnesses were who had placed her at the party.

would have been nice of one of the reporters at the presser had thought to follow up with this "if you dont believe she was at a party have you talked with the person that claims she saw her at one, have you resolved the discrepancy there?"

oh yeah...at some point...that was, I guess, her reason for being on Herron Rd that evening. But wonder if she worked til 6ish and went fishing later?? You know those fish bite best at night.

I remember once when I was a kid we went out on a lake in a rowboat, hung lanterns over the side, and fished for crappie all night long.
:fishy:

How many cell towers in Courtland? Anybody know? JMO

http://opensignal.com/

Type in "Courtland, MS" then click on "Towers" in the little box.

Looks like Sprint has 4 towers in the area, all located along I-55 -- one is about even with Courtland, one is south of Courtland, and two are north of Courtland (in Batesville).
:phone:

The 1st time I heard of it was an interview of Sha-Sha w/ TV reporter. I asked a long time ago if she may have been talking about a party on a different day and he edited it to make it seem like it was a party on the day she died. IDK the answer though.

LE may have seen the news report, too, and believed it was true before interviewing everyone who was at the purported party?

IIRC, there were tweets from a reporter during press conference (or maybe it was an article at WREG) & they said JC was on some road near the traffic lights (somewhere.)

Would that info possibly come from red light cameras? (IDK how those work. Thanks for your opinion.) I think the reporter followed up w/ a question about it & he said he couldn't be more specific or add any more info.

Why would JC drive South to get gas and then double back North to Batesville? There's multiple gas stations on the way to Batesville!

Not like she stopped to get her Mom smokes some place close and drop them off before heading to Batesville.:thinking:

Out of habit.

The drive to M&M at 5:30 pm (plus cigarettes) may have been her original intent, plus a follow up on a quick visit with the nearby friend who also lived on Carlisle Road. Jessica left M&M at 5:33:xx pm (earlier all CCTV footage now needs to be understood in reference to the reality that the video's timestamp was 1 hour off).

In theory, Jessica arrived at the friend's house "shortly before 6 pm", according to Champion, and she spent 7 to 10 minutes there before then driving to Batesville. So it seems as if the period 5:33 pm to "shortly before 6 pm" needs to be addressed.

I'm off for the night, but I think we WSers may begin to concentrate on the specific minutes highlighted by Champion's newly released information.

It is amazing that LE has so many details yet cannot fill in the missing pieces. LE has said since not long after the fire that they knew what JC had done that evening. So we know they have a clearer picture of where JC was because they kept identifying details to themselves (which is to be expected).

It looks like the car wash did not happen as her time in Batesville was too short.

Is LE putting this info out to put pressure on the perp/s that they can account for most of JC's evening? The perp/s won't know what to believe and may think LE is closing in?

IIRC, there were tweets from a reporter during press conference (or maybe it was an article at WREG) & they said JC was on some road near the traffic lights (somewhere.)

Would that info possibly come from red light cameras? (IDK how those work. Thanks for your opinion.) I think the reporter followed up w/ a question about it & he said he couldn't be more specific or add any more info.

You may be right that the info came from a traffic cam. I just pulled up the intersection of Hwy 6 and Woodland in Batesville on Google Maps, which is the intersection I believe they are talking about, just by the Sonic, and when you look at street view, there are indeed cameras mounted on traffic light poles. They do not appear to be red light cams which only snap a shot when someone runs a light, but regular traffic cams. Not sure how long video from them is archived though.

Apologies for my confusing posts tonight. My subjects & pronouns are a mess, hard to follow.

DA: One hour of the day Jessica Chambers was murdered remains unaccounted for
Caitlin Alexander reporting with George Brown and Ashley Crockette
updated @ 6:02 pm, Feb 17, '15

Until about 5 p.m., Jessica was mostly at home.
Around 5 p.m., she got a call from a friend and went to a gas station in Courtland.
She went to a home in Courtland shortly before 6 p.m. She left around 6 p.m.
Chambers was located in the area of Highway 6's first set of stoplights, coming into Batesville. She was there 10 to 15 minutes. The D.A. cannot elaborate further about where she was specifically.
Chambers was back in Courtland around 6:30 p.m.
No one can place Chambers for the next hour. Investigators know she was at the murder scene on Herron Road at 7:31 p.m.
The 911 call went out at 8:09 p.m.
WREG Timeline.jpgWREG Timeline 2.jpgScreenshot 2015-02-17 at 10.21.02 PM.jpg

DA seeks info about 1 hour gap in Chambers' final day
Michael Clark of WMCActionNews5 reports on Feb 17, '15 @ 6:29 pm est
Timeline - Edited.jpg Timline - Edited.png
report @ 10 pm tonight with Janice Broach

Where Was Jessica In Last Hour Before She Was Burned?
By Darrell Greene, Anchor Feb 17, '15 9:19 pm est
Reports her cell phone had something to do with determining her location.
https://storify.com/FOX13Memphis/jessica-chambers-update

Who burned to death Jessica Chambers? Mississippi officials zero in on 'one-hour gap'
AP story from NOLA.com with great quality photos and Michael Clark's report

You may be right that the info came from a traffic cam. I just pulled up the intersection of Hwy 6 and Woodland in Batesville on Google Maps, which is the intersection I believe they are talking about, just by the Sonic, and when you look at street view, there are indeed cameras mounted on traffic light poles. They do not appear to be red light cams which only snap a shot when someone runs a light, but regular traffic cams. Not sure how long video from them is archived though.
So, do you think she went to Sonic and then left Batesville immediately afterward? DA said he knows what she did in Batesville and it would be easy to confirm if she had been at Sonic. What she did after that, who knows.

Okay, I'm totally confused. I thought the JC's mom said that she had talked to her for about 20 minutes just prior to 7 o'clock (with the call ending after 7 o'clock). In that conversation, Jessica said she was going to clean her car out and get something to eat. Or at least that's what I thought---but turns out she had ALREADY been to Batesville? And Jessica was actually en-route (or about to be en-route) to her murder scene (which would not be a place for cleaning the car and eating). Since it was stated the autopsy did not surprise them, I am going to read between the lines on that one...

And why didn't they include the conversation with the mom during the timeline? Seems that's an important piece of the puzzle as well. I forgot the times we pegged down for that call, seems like it was 6:50ish to 7:10ish, right?

So, do you think she went to Sonic and then left Batesville immediately afterward? DA said he knows what she did in Batesville and it would be easy to confirm if she had been at Sonic. What she did after that, who knows.
I'm not sure, but LE can place her within sight of it basically, so seems very likely to me that she was there. I really would love to know if LF was working or about to get off about the time they can place her in the vicinity. As to whether she left immediately after and went back to Courtland, I am unsure. JMO

OK I'm just catching up.....

First off, what the hell is going on?
So there was no party?
Jessica was at the crime scene at 7:30p?
So after she left the gas station she went to a friends house? WHAT FRIEND??
So I wonder what time the tipster RM claims to have heard the loud car driving down his street???
Didn't he live near Carlisle??
So did Jessica talk to her mother that evening or not?

?

Using Google maps, if you look at intersection of Woodland and Hwy 6 in Batesville, do streetview and rotate the pic, there is Sonic sitting right on the corner....wonder if LF was working, and had phoned her earlier wanting to talk about something...

oh yeah...at some point...that was, I guess, her reason for being on Herron Rd that evening. But wonder if she worked til 6ish and went fishing later?? You know those fish bite best at night.

I enjoy taking days off work (even though my friends are working) to celebrate children's birthdays early in the day and fish later. JMO

Sometime before Jessica was there. JMO

The following quote is from LW located approximately the 7th post on the Jessica Chambers page:

Lynsey Fowler,"U didn't deserve this".

https://www.facebook.com/fox13news.myfoxmemphis/photos/a.107320196876.93765.53650881876/10152788679896877/

USA Today
LW quote is approximately the 24th paragraph of the USA article:
<snipped>

Lynsey Fowler,"You didn't deserve this".

<snipped>
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/12/10/woman-set-on-fire/20195725/

This is my opinion;but something seems off. My hinky meter is jiggling. 'Deserve' seems to imply karma. But,it could be...it just sounds 'odd' to me.MOO

Definition
deserve - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com
www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/deserve
We deserve things based on our actions. For example, many people believe murderers deserve the death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member