MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're speaking of the interview dated 1/26/2015 with Jessica's mother concerning the negative rumors swirling around .... I posted that link (WREG = CBS affiliate) yesterday but it was pulled as not being a viable link .... CBS not viable ?????
You did not link to the CBS affiliate's website. It's that simple. In the future, check the media thread for a link, as I told you yesterday. Or do a google search to find the original source link.

If you're speaking of the interview dated 1/26/2015 with Jessica's mother concerning the negative rumors swirling around .... I posted that link (WREG = CBS affiliate) yesterday but it was pulled as not being a viable link .... CBS not viable ?????

Nononono! I was speaking of the radio interview with Tricia and I meant in general, any mother would be in a highly emotional and devastating place right now. I didn't mean it as I thought she was lying - just that we tend to try and protect. Ack! I wasn't picking on her specifically. :noooo:

You did not link to the CBS affiliate's website. It's that simple. In the future, check the media thread for a link, as I told you yesterday. Or do a google search to find the original source link.

1 day ago = 1/26/2015 - PANOLA COUNTY, Miss. — Jessica Chambers' mother sat down with WREG to set the record straight about rumors ......

Nononono! I was speaking of the radio interview with Tricia and I meant in general, any mother would be in a highly emotional and devastating place right now. I didn't mean it as I thought she was lying - just that we tend to try and protect. Ack! I wasn't picking on her specifically. :noooo:

I never thought you were picking on her.

WS forum has victims families and friends who visits this site. This is why it is detrimental to only allow reputable news sources. This helps eliminate any non proven facts. We do not want victims families to think that we are sleuthing from information that we received from unverified news sites that has the story all wrong.

Then it should be on WREG's website. Post that link if you wish. No problem.

I never thought you were picking on her.

Thank you. :) I hate it when I write something, then later realize I might not have made myself clear. That interview you posted was good (for me) as far as she was just responding to specific statements with simple facts. The longer radio interview left me with much less clarity than if I'd never listened to it at all.

I have no idea about Mississippi, but here in North Carolina, and in many states, it is illegal to sell 'loosies'.

It is a federal crime to sell loosies.

On June 22, 2010, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) published a rule that restricts the sale, distribution, and marketing of cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, and smokeless tobacco products to protect children and adolescents. The rule is required by the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act and is intended to protect kids by making tobacco products less accessible and attractive to them.

Check photo ID of everyone appearing under age 27 who attempts to purchase cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, or smokeless tobacco.
Only sell cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, and smokeless tobacco to anyone age 18 or older. **
Only sell cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, and smokeless tobacco in a direct, face-to-face exchange. ***
Do NOT break open cigarette or smokeless tobacco packages to sell products in smaller amounts.
Do NOT sell cigarette packages containing fewer than 20 cigarettes.
Do NOT sell single cigarettes, also called "loosies".

http://www.fda.gov/TobaccoProducts/ProtectingKidsfromTobacco/RegsRestrictingSale/ucm205021.htm

It is a federal crime to sell loosies.

On June 22, 2010, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) published a rule that restricts the sale, distribution, and marketing of cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, and smokeless tobacco products to protect children and adolescents. The rule is required by the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act and is intended to protect kids by making tobacco products less accessible and attractive to them.

Check photo ID of everyone appearing under age 27 who attempts to purchase cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, or smokeless tobacco.
Only sell cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, and smokeless tobacco to anyone age 18 or older. **
Only sell cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, and smokeless tobacco in a direct, face-to-face exchange. ***
Do NOT break open cigarette or smokeless tobacco packages to sell products in smaller amounts.
Do NOT sell cigarette packages containing fewer than 20 cigarettes.
Do NOT sell single cigarettes, also called "loosies".

http://www.fda.gov/TobaccoProducts/ProtectingKidsfromTobacco/RegsRestrictingSale/ucm205021.htm

Illegal - yes. Happens all over this country anyway - yep.

Did Jessica live with both parents or are Ben and Lisa separated?

Did Jessica live with both parents or are Ben and Lisa separated?

From what I gather she was living with her mother at the time of her murder .... evidently her parents are divorced as her father lives at a different address.

And it is prosecuted all over the country.

I do not disagree. My point is, that despite it's being illegal, it happens, at several gas station convenience stores in my area that I know of. I can only assume based on the posts of others that that is their experience as well, seeing it go on for themselves.

Do I think that whatsherface could have simply purchased a "loosie" at the M&M? I doubt it but it is certainly within the realm and honestly, the cigarette or whether she bummed one, didn't bum one, could have gotten one elsewhere, etc has nothing to do in my mind with why and how this Jessica became dead so with that I am done flogging this pony.

I do not disagree. My point is, that despite it's being illegal, it happens, at several gas station convenience stores in my area that I know of. I can only assume based on the posts of others that that is their experience as well, seeing it go on for themselves.

Do I think that whatsherface could have simply purchased a "loosie" at the M&M? I doubt it but it is certainly within the realm and honestly, the cigarette or whether she bummed one, didn't bum one, could have gotten one elsewhere, etc has nothing to do in my mind with why and how this Jessica became dead so with that I am done flogging this pony.

I'm not sure why you wanted to flog it at all. There is no evidence the M&M gas station in this case broke the law and sold "loosies."

JMO

And it is prosecuted all over the country.
That's quite the "omnipotent and omnipresent" statement. I do hope you understand that there are those of us out here who know for a FACT that this is not true because we have up close and personal experience, on BOTH sides of the law. My LE sources laughed heartily at this statement.

What you CAN say, truthfully, is that it is not legal. But you are not everywhere all the time, so saying it is prosecuted everywhere might raise the ire or amusement of prosecutors in locations where this is NOT going to show up on any docket, ever.

There are places where this kind of crime just doesn't rate the resources it takes to enforce and prosecute. I suspect the high profile case we know of in NYC was due to repeated complaints by nearby business owners. The people selling loosies, cannabis, and more over in Madison Square Gardens during concerts are left alone.

At any rate, I doubt anyone was very concerned about ciggies or anything else being sold at the M&M. I keep in mind that this place may have already been on the radar and under surveillance and STILL not bothered about anything illegal being sold there, and for specific reasons.

But I'm not omnipotent and omnipresent, so I just can't be absolutely sure of that, can I? [emoji41]

When did Jessica get her car?
Did her father give it to her?
I read Jessica's car was returned to her. Why was it taken from her?
Does Lisa have a vehicle?

I don't remember seeing this before - thanks for posting it! Although the reporter says that LE wanted to question "the two men she (Jessica) was with" that night, I don't think this was attributed to a family member. The reporter did quote a family member later in the segment about how shocked they were. This report had two other notable moments - stating the 911 call came in at about 8:15 PM and that a burning car and individual by the side of the road were observed, and also that LE was back processing the scene in daylight on the 7th of Dec. These two pieces of info have been discussed, but this seems to be the earliest report. And there have been media contradictions about whether the 911 caller saw Jessica on fire.
This will blow your minds. Appears to be one of the first TV news reports broadcast the next evening.

Reporter says "a family member" told her cops want to speak with the TWO MEN with Jessica that night.
http://www.waff.com/clip/10925560/19-year-old-burned-near-car-officials-investigate-as-homicide

(This is why I don't put too much faith in what family tells media. Sometimes it isn't even family and sometimes family heard it through the grapevine or read it on social media.)

Keep in mind that Jessica's death was only 10 days after the Ferguson verdict. During those 10 days, many threats were made by (IMO) uninformed, unstable, immature people on social media and at organized protests. Many on both sides were quick to jump to baseless conclusions.

JMO

From your link, and looking at this map............https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zZD4sPiErdd8.kZlkjIsipZPU
Which is excellent by the way. From the gas station to where she was found was about a mile? As stated in the video you provided. Thats a very short distance. Between the gas station, and on the map the number 5 car wash. Which I assume one could clean there car out there. But the carwash is even closer to the gas station than where she was found..........Everything seemed to happend right around there.

I still think she headed that way, towards the number 5 car wash, after driving forward from the pump and exiting the gas station. She may have picked someone up, gave them a ride to where they were headed which was towards the number 5 car wash, and the attack insured not long after they left the gas station and got around the car wash which is closer to the gas station if where she was found was about a mile as stated. Distance from car wash to where found seems even shorter.

I think it all happened right in that area.

I think someone whom was at that gas station that night, knows she may have given someone a ride after getting her gas. But for what ever reason they have not given that information.

I still don't know if she turned left from the pump and headed out or drove forward out of camera range. But i think she did drive forward out of camera range and someone got in and they headed down towards the car wash and her car ended up where found.

Perhaps a sexual assault occurred at the number 5 car-wash. I wonder if during the investigation they were able to determine if any one was at that car wash? Surveillance video perhaps. lighter fluid would have been enough to burn the vehicle. And the way she was parked the fire could have started early while driving, or the killer could have been pouring it in the vehicle and on her while driving and then had her pull into the area where she was found and lit it on fire.............And he could have walked back to the car wash and left the area.

Someone drove by and called 911 to report a fire,(They didn't see Jessica, she was still inside the car)Or did they? And the killer to perhaps? and then they show up to put it out and see her walking/laying by the car on fire. The killer was gone. He would had to have kept her inside the vehicle until it caught fire and he was sure she was going to burn with the car.

PERHAPS! That is where the gash on her head came from, He knocked her out and set the fire assuming she would die inside and left. But she regain consciousness and was able to make it outside the vehicle and succumbed to her injury's.

If a sexual assault did occur, which with a fire I don't know if they could determine it. Maybe they did in someway. But the killer knew enough about DNA it tried very hard to destroy any evidence, DNA or otherwise, fingerprints etc. He decided to just burn everything including Jessica............This demon probably thought pouring something in her mouth and setting it on fire would destroy any evidence he left behind in her mouth because of a sexual assault....But just guessing on everything i posted.

Add on...I don't think Jessica drove where she was found. I think the killer drove the car there because Jessica was unconscious from being hit in the head. I would bet from the number 5 car wash to where she was found, theirs not another spot to turn in to like where the car was found. I think the killer turned in there and with the intention of driving further inside to ditch the car and her, but the gate was closed so he pulled up under the tree for more coverage, and put it in park so it would not roll back and got out. Pour the accelerate in the car including on Jessica and in her mouth and sat it on fire and walked back to the number 5 car wash and left the area. Jessica regain consciousness was able to exit the vehicle

As far as what was used to start the fire. If not gasoline, and lighter fluid was mentioned, i am thinking more like charcoal lighter fluid. That would be more common to have in ones vehicle in those parts then lighter fluid. I assume it would not be uncommon for someone to carry a small grill and charcoal and fluid around with them in a car or truck for a quick cookout somewhere. fishing home, someones house etc.

New member/First time poster here. I've been lurking since the beginning of Jessica's thread. I think about this case day and night. A lot of you here do also. I stumbled across Websleuths because I was searching for something....someone... to vent to and for throwing around ideas...just as you all are... for what might have happened to Jessica. I'm glad to have found such a caring people here who are just as obsessed about this as I am.

I live in the surrounding area of Courtland. I'm familiar with the area. I do want to say that in my heart of hearts, I feel that this was a person who was in a rage and strung out on something that would have made them crazy (meth?). I have no idea if they were black or white. Something you need to know is that Jessica WAS VERY WELL LIKED by white and black. I am white. I spoke to a friend of mine who lives near that area. She is a black woman. She has a daughter who went to school with Jessica and really liked (loved is the word she used) her (Jessica). My friend says everyone she knew liked Jessica. Yes, Jessica was a bit on the wild side in that she hung out with people she should not have been associated with. I'm referring to drugs and prostitution rings and so forth. But why would we be surprised at that. She lived right in the middle of it. This IS NOT a put down to her family or to Jessica. My heart breaks for them all. As you all already know, there is a lot of drug activity in the area. Both white and black people involved. Jessica hung out with individuals who used drugs - she just did. Yes, they are a rough bunch. But she was one of them. That's the way they perceived her; as one of them. Jessica was well liked by both races. It's the racist type of individuals who will have a problem with who she hung out with. Personally, I think that area is full of a bunch of "gangster" want-a-be's. Yes, there are some scary dangerous people there too. I just don't believe this is gang related where they were scared of her "book" and concerned with her being a snitch.

Personally I'm leaning towards a white male as the perpetrator -- just my own opinion. Post #106 that I have attached my comments to -- is closer on target, in MY opinion, for what I'm thinking could have happened to Jessica.

There isn't much talk AT ALL around here about what happened to Jessica.

Specifically -- I believe Jessica, at some point, made contact with an individual she already knew. I believe this individual initiated; whether to just talk, or for "whatever" reason. I think this person was already enraged with whatever negative thing was going on in their on life. I believe this person was high and out of their mind. And sometimes you don't even know a person is messed up or high, until you set them off OR they go off. Jessica and this person ended up "parked" at the area along the fence line that night. I think the person went off -- and hurt her. The coward then left maybe by foot in the woods behind the fence or across the road. Or, this person could have been in the vehicle with loud pipes, parked near by, where he and Jessica had been parked in her car. Yes it could have been an ex out of his mind. It could also have been someone else. I hope investigators are looking at extended family friends. Someone who happened to "think" of Jessica, in wanting to make contact with her, or maybe they saw her out that night. Privately contacting her. Maybe this individual wanted Jessica to get drugs for them which is why Sha-Sha and others may be involved and not saying anything. Someone that Jessica felt okay of being around. Her not knowing they could turn into a snake. Maybe he punched her in the head and she was smart enough to play dead. They then thought they needed to cover up the DNA by squirting lighter fluid and setting her and the car on fire. She may have been sitting or laying in a position in the car where the squirted fluid landed in her face area.

As far as accelerate, I truly believe it was lighter fluid. There are so many places to camp out in that area. Those people are all about camping out with all the nearby lakes and pastures. There isn't much to do at night in that area. A lot of people like sitting and standing around camp fires and drinking and doing drugs, etc. Having lighter fluid on hand would not be that big of a deal.

Again, I just pray that law enforcement are considering extended family and family members friends and considering all the people that she could have met at weekend retreats at the lake with family members and their friends.

I pray Justice for Jessica.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member