MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may qualify to be a "verified insider" on Websleuths. I hope you consider that. It sounds like you have a lot to offer about the environment of Courtland.
New member/First time poster here. I've been lurking since the beginning of Jessica's thread. I think about this case day and night. A lot of you here do also. I stumbled across Websleuths because I was searching for something....someone... to vent to and for throwing around ideas...just as you all are... for what might have happened to Jessica. I'm glad to have found such a caring people here who are just as obsessed about this as I am.

I live in the surrounding area of Courtland. I'm familiar with the area. I do want to say that in my heart of hearts, I feel that this was a person who was in a rage and strung out on something that would have made them crazy (meth?). I have no idea if they were black or white. Something you need to know is that Jessica WAS VERY WELL LIKED by white and black. I am white. I spoke to a friend of mine who lives near that area. She is a black woman. She has a daughter who went to school with Jessica and really liked (loved is the word she used) her (Jessica). My friend says everyone she knew liked Jessica. Yes, Jessica was a bit on the wild side in that she hung out with people she should not have been associated with. I'm referring to drugs and prostitution rings and so forth. But why would we be surprised at that. She lived right in the middle of it. This IS NOT a put down to her family or to Jessica. My heart breaks for them all. As you all already know, there is a lot of drug activity in the area. Both white and black people involved. Jessica hung out with individuals who used drugs - she just did. Yes, they are a rough bunch. But she was one of them. That's the way they perceived her; as one of them. Jessica was well liked by both races. It's the racist type of individuals who will have a problem with who she hung out with. Personally, I think that area is full of a bunch of "gangster" want-a-be's. Yes, there are some scary dangerous people there too. I just don't believe this is gang related where they were scared of her "book" and concerned with her being a snitch.

Personally I'm leaning towards a white male as the perpetrator -- just my own opinion. Post #106 that I have attached my comments to -- is closer on target, in MY opinion, for what I'm thinking could have happened to Jessica.

There isn't much talk AT ALL around here about what happened to Jessica.

Specifically -- I believe Jessica, at some point, made contact with an individual she already knew. I believe this individual initiated; whether to just talk, or for "whatever" reason. I think this person was already enraged with whatever negative thing was going on in their on life. I believe this person was high and out of their mind. And sometimes you don't even know a person is messed up or high, until you set them off OR they go off. Jessica and this person ended up "parked" at the area along the fence line that night. I think the person went off -- and hurt her. The coward then left maybe by foot in the woods behind the fence or across the road. Or, this person could have been in the vehicle with loud pipes, parked near by, where he and Jessica had been parked in her car. Yes it could have been an ex out of his mind. It could also have been someone else. I hope investigators are looking at extended family friends. Someone who happened to "think" of Jessica, in wanting to make contact with her, or maybe they saw her out that night. Privately contacting her. Maybe this individual wanted Jessica to get drugs for them which is why Sha-Sha and others may be involved and not saying anything. Someone that Jessica felt okay of being around. Her not knowing they could turn into a snake. Maybe he punched her in the head and she was smart enough to play dead. They then thought they needed to cover up the DNA by squirting lighter fluid and setting her and the car on fire. She may have been sitting or laying in a position in the car where the squirted fluid landed in her face area.

As far as accelerate, I truly believe it was lighter fluid. There are so many places to camp out in that area. Those people are all about camping out with all the nearby lakes and pastures. There isn't much to do at night in that area. A lot of people like sitting and standing around camp fires and drinking and doing drugs, etc. Having lighter fluid on hand would not be that big of a deal.

Again, I just pray that law enforcement are considering extended family and family members friends and considering all the people that she could have met at weekend retreats at the lake with family members and their friends.

I pray Justice for Jessica.

That's quite the "omnipotent and omnipresent" statement. I do hope you understand that there are those of us out here who know for a FACT that this is not true because we have up close and personal experience, on BOTH sides of the law. My LE sources laughed heartily at this statement.

What you CAN say, truthfully, is that it is not legal. But you are not everywhere all the time, so saying it is prosecuted everywhere might raise the ire or amusement of prosecutors in locations where this is NOT going to show up on any docket, ever.

There are places where this kind of crime just doesn't rate the resources it takes to enforce and prosecute. I suspect the high profile case we know of in NYC was due to repeated complaints by nearby business owners. The people selling loosies, cannabis, and more over in Madison Square Gardens during concerts are left alone.

At any rate, I doubt anyone was very concerned about ciggies or anything else being sold at the M&M. I keep in mind that this place may have already been on the radar and under surveillance and STILL not bothered about anything illegal being sold there, and for specific reasons.

But I'm not omnipotent and omnipresent, so I just can't be absolutely sure of that, can I? [emoji41]

A federal crime is a federal crime. Not only can it be prosecuted in every state because it is a federal crime, there is also a risk of losing licenses.

I did not say it is being prosecuted everywhere simultaneously.

I have seen no evidence that M&M was illegally selling anything. It is your speculation that they were doing so, not mine.

JMO

New member/First time poster here. I've been lurking since the beginning of Jessica's thread. I think about this case day and night. A lot of you here do also. I stumbled across Websleuths because I was searching for something....someone... to vent to and for throwing around ideas...just as you all are... for what might have happened to Jessica. I'm glad to have found such a caring people here who are just as obsessed about this as I am.

I live in the surrounding area of Courtland. I'm familiar with the area. I do want to say that in my heart of hearts, I feel that this was a person who was in a rage and strung out on something that would have made them crazy (meth?). I have no idea if they were black or white. Something you need to know is that Jessica WAS VERY WELL LIKED by white and black. I am white. I spoke to a friend of mine who lives near that area. She is a black woman. She has a daughter who went to school with Jessica and really liked (loved is the word she used) her (Jessica). My friend says everyone she knew liked Jessica. Yes, Jessica was a bit on the wild side in that she hung out with people she should not have been associated with. I'm referring to drugs and prostitution rings and so forth. But why would we be surprised at that. She lived right in the middle of it. This IS NOT a put down to her family or to Jessica. My heart breaks for them all. As you all already know, there is a lot of drug activity in the area. Both white and black people involved. Jessica hung out with individuals who used drugs - she just did. Yes, they are a rough bunch. But she was one of them. That's the way they perceived her; as one of them. Jessica was well liked by both races. It's the racist type of individuals who will have a problem with who she hung out with. Personally, I think that area is full of a bunch of "gangster" want-a-be's. Yes, there are some scary dangerous people there too. I just don't believe this is gang related where they were scared of her "book" and concerned with her being a snitch.

Personally I'm leaning towards a white male as the perpetrator -- just my own opinion. Post #106 that I have attached my comments to -- is closer on target, in MY opinion, for what I'm thinking could have happened to Jessica.

Specifically -- I believe Jessica, at some point, made contact with an individual she already knew. I believe this individual initiated; whether to just talk, or for "whatever" reason. I think this person was already enraged with whatever negative thing was going on in their on life. I believe this person was high and out of their mind. And sometimes you don't even know a person is messed up or high, until you set them off OR they go off. Jessica and this person ended up "parked" at the area along the fence line that night. I think the person went off -- and hurt her. The coward then left maybe by foot in the woods behind the fence or across the road. Or, this person could have been in the vehicle with loud pipes, parked near by, where he and Jessica had been parked in her car. Yes it could have been an ex out of his mind. It could also have been someone else. I hope investigators are looking at extended family friends. Someone who happened to "think" of Jessica, in wanting to make contact with her, or maybe they saw her out that night. Privately contacting her. Maybe this individual wanted Jessica to get drugs for them which is why Sha-Sha and others may be involved and not saying anything. Someone that Jessica felt okay of being around. Her not knowing they could turn into a snake. Maybe he punched her in the head and she was smart enough to play dead. They then thought they needed to cover up the DNA by squirting lighter fluid and setting her and the car on fire. She may have been sitting or laying in a position in the car where the squirted fluid landed in her face area.

As far as accelerate, I truly believe it was lighter fluid. There are so many places to camp out in that area. Those people are all about camping out with all the nearby lakes and pastures. There isn't much to do at night in that area. A lot of people like sitting and standing around camp fires and drinking and doing drugs, etc. Having lighter fluid on hand would not be that big of a deal.

Again, I just pray that law enforcement are considering extended family and family members friends and considering all the people that she could have met at weekend retreats at the lake with family members and their friends.

One quick question: why do you feel there isn't much talk "AT ALL" in the town about what happened to JC? The curiosity is killing me!

Thank you for valuable insight that most of us just can't have, due to geography. One thing this thread has been noticeably lacking is locals willing to join us. I do believe that everyone here on this thread wants justice for Jessica, and many of us, like you, have been here since the beginning of this tragic case. So glad you came out of lurk mode and posted. I hope you continue to!
:wagon:

Thanks for joining us! Out of curiosity, when you say "at the lake," do you mean a particular lake or lakes in general? Just trying to pin the locale down a bit more ...

A few pages back, someone pondered about why Sandra Rudd would have asked Jessica for a cigarette rather than buying a pack of her own. AA said-and I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned here in one or two of the previous threads-that she was banned from the store for shoplifting.

RE Jessica's hand gesture to Rudd in the security camera video, it has always looked to me like a half-hearted wave (flexing the wrist back and extending fingers) or the "just a minute" gesture of a finger or two held up. Her body language-to me-doesn't look like she was particularly thrilled to see this person, which is not surprising since they are a relation of one of Jessica's exes.

:wagon: well-intentioned. Thank you so much for sharing your perspective. I look forward to more of your thoughts.

Thanks for joining us! Out of curiosity, when you say "at the lake," do you mean a particular lake or lakes in general? Just trying to pin the locale down a bit more ...

I don't know about small lakes but there are two large lakes = Sardis & Enid .... we used to camp and fish the rocks at Sardis dam .... many Memphians camp there. Don't know about Enid lake .... I assume they have a camping area, but I still can't fathom anyone hauling charcoal starter around with them

I have been and will continue to be unable to give this thread as much time and participation as I have in the past, at least for the next couple of weeks, excluding an occasional 15 minutes here and there. I pop in and read what you all are posting from time to time, 'Thank' a few posts here and there, and I have come to a personal conclusion, if anyone cares to be indulged, here you go:

I am seeing repeated interactions, such as this one, where members are posting relevant information that both directly pertains to the case, and could also have some impact on the theories that those 'serious sleuths' are researching so diligently to comprise. I see these posts picked to pieces for no apparent productive reason, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over. Initially, I was thinking that this was being done out of a genuine conflict of opinions, which is appreciated and necessary on a forum such as this, as we are always out to learn something new, or gain some type of information that could somehow assist in this investigation. My initial opinion on this has changed, and I am now of the opinion that you are doing this intentionally just to have a point of contention with other members. This is both distracting and disrespectful to both us members of WS who have pure intentions and sincerely research everything we can in pertaining this case; and also to JC, her family, and those who are emotionally invested in this case. The last couple of threads, aside from a handful of thoughtful, researched posts, and genuine, appropriate questions, has been bombarded with posts that taking up space and wasting people's time, as members feel the need to clarify 7 times what they in fact said, what the point is, etc. These members' time would/could be better spent researching additional information that could help this case. I am sincerely not trying to be offensive or judgmental or mean, I just could no longer bite my tongue, as I read over the threads I have missed over the last couple of days, and I see the same cycle repeating itself. If we are all in fact here with a common goal-to find justice for Jessica Chambers-, then let's perhaps agree to disagree on topics that do not really matter in the long run of this investigation, such as the legalities of loosies, the mandates of COA protocol, etc. Let's stick together, focus on the facts, and move forward without being trivial. We can do this!!!

A federal crime is a federal crime. Not only can it be prosecuted in every state because it is a federal crime, there is also a risk of losing licenses.

I did not say it is being prosecuted everywhere simultaneously.

I have seen no evidence that M&M was illegally selling anything. It is your speculation that they were doing so, not mine.

JMO

I don't know about small lakes but there are two large lakes = Sardis & Enid .... we used to camp and fish the rocks at Sardis dam .... many Memphians camp there. Don't know about Enid lake .... I assume they have a camping area, but I still can't fathom anyone hauling charcoal starter around with them
I do not live anywhere near that region of the country but used to live in Memphis and I do have extended family members who live and work in the Batesville area.

Sardis Lake was a popular lake for gatherings of young people. It is between Batesville and Oxford, so young folks from the party-hearty "Ole Miss" university town of Oxford go out to the lake. There are or were also popular bars near the Sardis dam and in the small towns of Sardis and it's nearby neighbor, Como.

There are also pieces of rural acreage with their own small lakes/big ponds where folks gather for bonfires, cookouts, and to fish and these are more private and therefore less accessable to prying eyes. A family member of mine owns such a place. Bonfire gatherings can be very impromptu and coalesce with just a few phone calls or texts just an hour or so before they happen. Some people carry firewood in the back of their pickup trucks for such impromptu gatherings, along with lighter fluid to start the fires.

Hi Samantha! I remember playing on the rocks of Sardis dam as a child, many decades ago now.

Lately I've been getting some complaints that certain posters' styles are too chatty or they don't stay on topic, along with requests to get those posters in line or otherwise "do something about them".

As long as people are obeying the TOS and are somewhat on topic we don't really edit remarks or tell people to change their style - after all, I'm sure nobody would like to be on the receiving end of that sort of request. As long as the person is staying within TOS - and that's a big qualifier - and is somewhat on topic we let all posts stay up.

If you've got a couple of posters that you feel you just cannot bear reading, the "Ignore List" is your friend. When you put someone's name on your list you will not see their posts. The poster will have no way of knowing they are on your list (and it's a TOS violation to make an obnoxious post saying you are doing so, since there's no reason for it). Click on the link below:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist

and give your blood pressure a break.

If you see a post that violates the TOS by all means alert on it - but PLEASE do not quote or respond in any way!

:goodpost:The "Ignore List" is your friend.:ignore:

Jessica was well liked by both races. It's the racist type of individuals who will have a problem with who she hung out with. Personally, I think that area is full of a bunch of "gangster" want-a-be's. Yes, there are some scary dangerous people there too. I just don't believe this

First, welcome to WS! I found it refreshing to read from the perspective of a local resident. I've selected this section of your post because it is something that has stood out in my mind since I watched her funeral online, minute-by-minute. Granted, not everyone attending the funeral can be observed on camera, but the vast majority can be. Assuming JC was so well liked by people of all races which seems to be true, I'm left puzzled as I only noticed one black female standing towards the exit as the casket was being carried out. I observed guests being seated prior to the service, all of which were of the Caucasian race. I raised this question several threads ago and one WS member claimed to have noticed one African-American couple also in attendance. Out of all of her friends, it seems that three of a different race than JC's were in attendance. The conclusion I've reached based on this observation, is that the people involved in this crime wouldn't attend her service. Based solely on this conclusion which may not be accurate, I feel that several African Americans know something about the case that would make them uncomfortable attending said service. In no such way am I trying to stir the racism pot. I have many African-American friends. What I am suggesting, is that a specific gang of people know what happened. This gang affiliation can be easily found at other sites, I won't mention the name here. Can you shed any light on this observation?

Good post. If I can get some free time in the near future, I will look for a link, but I do remember it being said that certain people of certain races were not welcome at her services, and this was prior to the service, so I was not necessarily shocked for there to be a larger presence of one particular race than another.

First, welcome to WS! I found it refreshing to read from the perspective of a local resident. I've selected this section of your post because it is something that has stood out in my mind since I watched her funeral online, minute-by-minute. Granted, not everyone attending the funeral can be observed on camera, but the vast majority can be. Assuming JC was so well liked by people of all races which seems to be true, I'm left puzzled as I only noticed one black female standing towards the exit as the casket was being carried out. I observed guests being seated prior to the service, all of which were of the Caucasian race. I raised this question several threads ago and one WS member claimed to have noticed one African-American couple also in attendance. Out of all of her friends, it seems that three of a different race than JC's were in attendance. The conclusion I've reached based on this observation, is that the people involved in this crime wouldn't attend her service. Based solely on this conclusion which may not be accurate, I feel that several African Americans know something about the case that would make them uncomfortable attending said service. In no such way am I trying to stir the racism pot. I have many African-American friends. What I am suggesting, is that a specific gang of people know what happened. This gang affiliation can be easily found at other sites, I won't mention the name here. Can you shed any light on this observation?

Given the tone of the conversation in this country in light of Ferguson and NYC, and the rather blatant undertones this case was immediately assigned at certain unlinkable blogs and sites, IMO how many individuals of any one race or another who attended Jessica's service is not a good indicator of how any group or groups viewed her or felt about her.

Does anyone besides me wonder by how many people, and by how many hours a day this case is currently being investigated? I would think that leads have pretty much dried up, and almost 50 days into this case, I doubt that it is still getting the time and resources it did on day 1, but I don't really know that. I am just wondering if progress is really being made, or whether this is headed to the cold case files. JMO

Given the tone of the conversation in this country in light of Ferguson and NYC, and the rather blatant undertones this case was immediately assigned at certain unlinkable blogs and sites, IMO how many individuals of any one race or another who attended Jessica's service is not a good indicator of how any group or groups viewed her or felt about her.

Given the nature of news events at the time and reactions to them , coupled with remarks that certain people are "mobile home refuse" and deserve what they get, makes you wonder if the people who did this looked at her as a perfect victim: blond, blue-eyed, and having some standing in her community. Maybe they thought the media would be all over it and other people would be blamed.

Hi :cowcouch:

Does anyone besides me wonder by how many people, and by how many hours a day this case is currently being investigated? I would think that leads have pretty much dried up, and almost 50 days into this case, I doubt that it is still getting the time and resources it did on day 1, but I don't really know that. I am just wondering if progress is really being made, or whether this is headed to the cold case files. JMO

Oh, yes. I want to think that LE has known for a while who did it and they're taking the time to put together a rock-solid case, continuing to gather as much information as they can. Seeing that some criminals seem to have a revolving door regarding actual jail time for violent crimes, I imagine it's really frustrating. If they know who did it, but don't have enough evidence to be sure of conviction, maybe getting the murder/s sentenced for other crimes? OMG, I never even thought about it going to cold case :/

Good post. If I can get some free time in the near future, I will look for a link, but I do remember it being said that certain people of certain races were not welcome at her services, and this was prior to the service, so I was not necessarily shocked for there to be a larger presence of one particular race than another.

I had read this as well, but honestly couldn't recall if it was from a MSM source or elsewhere.

50 days is not that long, imo. They were still waiting on subpoenas 30 days ago and they had to allot time in them to produce whatever they were requesting. They recently upped the reward twice so I think the investigation is very much alive.

District Attorney John Champion is waiting for subpoenas and lab results this week that may give investigators more clues into the timeline leading up to her death.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...a-chambers-murder-case-may-provide-more-clues

I'm going to respectively disagree. If JC was my friend and pictured in many pictures with me, nothing would stop me from attending her service, no matter the race. I'm not suggesting how different races felt about her, she seemed well liked across the board . I'm questioning why they didn't attend the service of what was considered to be a good friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight