MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO the amounts of car accidents in and around that area are rather extensive. I think nothing would have been a greater relief to local LE if this would have been an accident or a suicide with a clean neat button closing the file, excluding the need for any outside assistance. Considering the increase in the reward by the Federal agencies, it appears to be a homicide needing further corroboration from a dependable witness.

Moo-moo-moo.

Agreed. I personally don't think that local LE would want the FBI, ATF, etc., hanging around if they weren't needed. And quite frankly, the FBI, ATF, etc., probably have other things they could be doing if they didn't feel needed. JMO.

Agreed. I personally don't think that local LE would want the FBI, ATF, etc., hanging around if they weren't needed. And quite frankly, the FBI, ATF, etc., probably have other things they could be doing if they didn't feel needed. JMO.

My guess is those gang/criminal enterprises who were not involved in Jessica's death do not want the presence of Feds in town either and this may make someone more likely to cooperate, plus $$$. I am not saying that criminals are the most ethical people, however, Federal agency presence certainly puts a damper on their criminal activity of drugs and prostitution. So I think criminals general rule of snitches need stitches has exceptions like snitches need riches, especially if this is not a gang-related murder and messes higher-up members livelihoods, and low level punks are responsible. Additionally plenty of criminal activity through SM has been exposed and with Federal presence will likely be investigated further. The sooner Jessica's case is solved the better for not just LE/FBI and law-abiding community. Jmo/

Thank you for raising some good questions. IDK what I did with my post, though ... I was trying to edit something and somehow deleted it instead. I don't think it can be determined in which direction she headed, unless AA or someone on the premises saw and has reported it. But since there's allegedly video of her in more than one place that night, LE hopefully has some clue as to where she went next. ???

Good point. Does any local WS poster know if Batesville/Sardis or R51 N/S or other major roads have LE/stoplight cameras/videos?

While I still think she was just waving in recognition of SR calling out to her, your post makes more sense to me than her pointing in the direction of where she was heading. North toward her home would have been behind her to the right as she was facing SR, not straight out in front of her toward her car. But then, if she'd said "yea, in the car" why would she have walked on toward SR to offer her a cigarette when they were in the car?

Good question. I am thinking maybe to hear her better, or maybe SR asked her to come closer for some reason. But, it could have been any number of things. Just looked to me like she was gesturing towards her car for some reason.

Having much experience with those that commit suicide I don't count anything out. Chronic depression comes and goes, and we never know what will cause it to reappear again. It's possible in Jessica's case even though I know LE has classified this a homicide. She bought extra gas. Maybe for work at Goody's. Maybe because she was preparing for the drive to Batesville for who knows whatever.
We have absolutely zero idea as to where she was headed when we consider AA's telling of the story that she was going somewhere. Unfortunately she did go somewhere not normal for her, unless she was planning to visit her brother that died in the car accident. Once again I repeat I have no idea.
J's mom said she had problems with her anger, and I don't think that can be changed by a stay in a place like Leah's nor do I think it is possible at her age to get rid of that anger and sadness without treatment in a facility designed for long-term mental help. I have no proof that Jessica suffered from antisocial personality or long term aggression, but it seems obvious to me that she did suffer (according to her mom Lisa) paranoia. Late onset paranoia, schizo affective disorder maybe. Even tho I don't know much about JC I don't think her paranoia was drug induced and might have even been symptoms found in those that have given up any substance. I have firsthand knowledge of giving up some addictions, some serious and some possibly life threatening. I know how anxious I became when I gave up smoking not to mention cigs.
At her age sometimes those who are not on the high end of the class scale are just beginning to come to terms that they have a problem and begin to seek help which isn't always easy to find. I don't think JC really wanted to involve herself in altercations, but they happened anyway. Those who are referred for treatment for depression, paranoia, and any various other disorders (sometimes beginning at a very young age) often have recovery or mood management by learning coping skills .
IMO she thought her friends were normal, and considering the crowd JC once hung around with, they appeared normal to her and she was able to fit-in well, possibly seeking attention/love in dangerous places.
Also when taking the loss of her brother into the equation, it just tells me IMHO that Jessica suffered from clinical depression, at the minimum. I've zero knowledge as to what her DSM diagnostic analysis would have been (if at all) however I think the evidence and the interview of her mom showed that she suffered PTSD at the very least, and that could have been caused from any variety of things including the loss of her brother after talking to him approximately 15 minutes before.
When I put myself in her shoes, as well as far into her psyche as possible given the verifiable info, I'm amazed she didn't do a stint in a psychiatric facility for her own good. Mom sent her to Leah's. That was probably all she thought she could do and then she said JC came back very changed. Admirable in many ways that she did so, and I was not inside her circle so I don't know just how relevant/helpful it was for JC and her mom. Lack of resources and finances aren't always the fault of those that find themselves in such circumstances, except for those that followed a wrong road without realizing just how or where they made the wrong turns in their own lives.
JC was a tortured soul in many ways but there was hope for complete recovery and there always is when a person lives a sober/clean life and finds the right resources.
The really sad part is that the perp/s in this crime are obviously very sick and quite possibly psychopaths that only pretend to be normal (and there is no one normal) by carefully watching the emotions of others and repeating them best that they can in their own lives.
Once again, long post short, there is the free radical of a random killer out there. With whatever little we have come to know from legitimate sources, it cannot be counted out. Not a popular opinion, but a valid one none the same.
Hoping 24 hours per day that her murderer/s will be found and convicted. From my heart to God's ears, so she can find justice on this earth while I am hopeful and fairly certain that she has found justice and peace now that she has passed from this world. Cruel as her death was, I do believe she is at rest and that her soul is happy.
As always :moo:

Having much experience with those that commit suicide I don't count anything out. Chronic depression comes and goes, and we never know what will cause it to reappear again.
<snipped>

It's rer/s will be found and convicted. From my heart to God's ears, so she can find justice on this earth while I am hopeful and fairly certain that she has found justice and peace now that she has passed from this world. Cruel as her death was, I do believe she is at rest and that her soul is happy.
As always :moo:

4senthia,thank-you for your post. I think you make many great observations. I just want to clarify that given the information from LE that I personally do not believe her death was a suicide.

Always at the back of my mind is the knowledge Jessica was still mouring the loss of her brother. I remember in an interview her mother mentions she left Leah's House early*. (The interview for those who missed it... ...The interview for those who missed it... I worried that Jessica had adequate time at Leah's House developing skills to manage her grief and anger over his death.:sigh: MOO

*PS I do not have time to listen to the linked 'truecrimeradio' interview again BUT could someone please correct me if this is not the interview with Lisa Chambers that she speaks of Jessica leaving Leah's House early.

Having much experience with those that commit suicide I don't count anything out. Chronic depression comes and goes, and we never know what will cause it to reappear again. It's possible in Jessica's case even though I know LE has classified this a homicide. She bought extra gas. Maybe for work at Goody's. Maybe because she was preparing for the drive to Batesville for who knows whatever.
We have absolutely zero idea as to where she was headed when we consider AA's telling of the story that she was going somewhere. Unfortunately she did go somewhere not normal for her, unless she was planning to visit her brother that died in the car accident. Once again I repeat I have no idea.
J's mom said she had problems with her anger, and I don't think that can be changed by a stay in a place like Leah's nor do I think it is possible at her age to get rid of that anger and sadness without treatment in a facility designed for long-term mental help. I have no proof that Jessica suffered from antisocial personality or long term aggression, but it seems obvious to me that she did suffer (according to her mom Lisa) paranoia. Late onset paranoia, schizo affective disorder maybe. Even tho I don't know much about JC I don't think her paranoia was drug induced and might have even been symptoms found in those that have given up any substance. I have firsthand knowledge of giving up some addictions, some serious and some possibly life threatening. I know how anxious I became when I gave up smoking not to mention cigs.
At her age sometimes those who are not on the high end of the class scale are just beginning to come to terms that they have a problem and begin to seek help which isn't always easy to find. I don't think JC really wanted to involve herself in altercations, but they happened anyway. Those who are referred for treatment for depression, paranoia, and any various other disorders (sometimes beginning at a very young age) often have recovery or mood management by learning coping skills .
<snip>

BBM and much snipped by me.

I've seen this reference to paranoia attributed to Jessica by her mother multiple times here. Unfortunately my sleuthing outside of WS has come to a halt and I've not seen an interview where this has been touched on. I sort of gave up on media with regard to the case as so much is presented as canon, then later dismissed or contradicted. Anyway the point I'm getting to, paranoid about what? Paranoid in the traditional sense, thinking people were out to get her? That some conspiracy lie in wait for her? If that's the case, I've never seen a situation where paranoia was so justified. In her case I think we could dismiss any incidence of paranoia related mental health issues, and just refer to it as foresight. MOO naturally

While I still think she was just waving in recognition of SR calling out to her, your post makes more sense to me than her pointing in the direction of where she was heading. North toward her home would have been behind her to the right as she was facing SR, not straight out in front of her toward her car. But then, if she'd said "yea, in the car" why would she have walked on toward SR to offer her a cigarette when they were in the car?

I've looked at the video more that a handful of times tonight, after downloading it, zooming in on her hand, and slowing it way down, it looks like she did nothing more than raise her hand to acknowledge whoever called to her. MOO

I've looked at the video more that a handful of times tonight, after downloading it, zooming in on her hand, and slowing it way down, it looks like she did nothing more than raise her hand to acknowledge whoever called to her. MOO

I totally agree. I've never thought she was "pointing".

Trauma and stress can cause a short term psychosis known as a brief psychotic disorder. Major life changing events, such as the death of a family member or a natural disaster, have been known to stimulate a brief psychotic disorder in patients with no prior history of mental illness.

Shared psychotic disorder, also known as psychosis by association, is a delusional disorder involving two or more people with close emotional ties. In the West, shared psychosis most commonly develops between two sisters/brothers or between a husband and a wife. In Japan, the most common form of psychosis by association involves a parent and a son or daughter. Shared psychosis can involve an entire nuclear family.

Psychosis is characterized by the following symptoms:

&#61558; Delusions. Those delusions that occur in schizophrenia and its related forms are typically bizarre (ie. they couldn&#8217;t not occur in real life). Delusions occurring in delusional disorder are more plausible, but still patently untrue. In some cases, delusions may be accompanied by feelings of paranoia.

&#61558; Hallucinations. Psychotic patients see, hear, smell, taste, or feel things that aren&#8217;t there. Schizophrenic hallucinations are typically auditory or, less commonly, visual, but psychotic hallucinations can involve any of the five senses.

&#61558; Disorganized speech. Psychotic patients, especially those with schizophrenia, often ramble on in incoherent, nonsensical speech patterns.

&#61558; Disorganized or catatonic behavior. The catatonic patient reacts inappropriately to his/her environment by either remaining rigid and immobile or by engaging in excessive motor activity. Disorganized behavior is behavior or activity that is inappropriate for the situation or unpredictable.

Diagnosis:

Patients with psychotic symptoms should undergo a thorough physical examination and history to rule out such possible organic causes such as seizures, delirium, or alcohol withdrawal, and such other psychiatric conditions as dissociation or panic attacks. If a psychiatric cause such as schizophrenia is suspected, a mental health professional will typically conduct an interview with the patient and administer one of several clinical inventories or tests to evaluate mental status. This assessment takes place in either an outpatient or hospital setting. Psychotic symptoms and behaviors are considered psychiatric emergencies, and persons showing signs of psychosis are frequently taken by family, friends, or the police to a hospital emergency room. A person diagnosed as psychotic can be legally hospitalized against his or her will, particularly if he or she is violent, threatening to commit suicide, or threatening to harm another person. A psychotic person may also be hospitalized if he or she has become malnourished or ill as a result of failure to feed, dress appropriately for the climate, or otherwise take care of themselves.

Treatment:

Psychosis that is symptomatic of schizophrenia or another psychiatric disorder should be treated by a psychologist and/or psychiatrist. An appropriate course of medication and/or psychosocial therapy is employed to treat the underlying primary disorder. If the patient is considered to be at risk for harming himself or others, inpatient treatment is usually recommended.

Treatment of shared psychotic disorder involves separating the affected persons from one another as well as using antipsychotic medications and psychotherapy. Antipsychotic medication such as thioridazine (Mellaril), haloperidol (Haldol), chlorpromazine (Thorazine), clozapine (Clozaril), sertindole (Serlect), olanzapine (Zyprexa), or risperidone (Risperdal) is usually prescribed to bring psychotic symptoms under control and into remission.

After an acute psychotic episode has subsided, anti-psychotic drug maintenance treatment is typically employed and psycho-social therapy and living and vocational skills training may be attempted.

Prognosis:

Prognosis for brief psychotic disorder is quite good; for schizophrenia, less so. Generally, the longer and more severe a psychotic episode, the poorer the prognosis is for the patient. Early diagnosis and treatment are critical to improving outcomes for the patient across all psychotic disorders.

Approximately 10% of America&#8217;s permanently disabled population is comprised of schizophrenic individuals. The mortality rate of schizophrenic individuals is also high; approximately 10% of schizophrenics commit suicide and 20% attempt it. However, early diagnosis and long-term follow-up care can improve the outlook for these patients considerably. Roughly 60% of patients with schizophrenia will show substantial improvement with appropriate treatment.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Psychotic+episodes

I still feel like this is gang related. Angry boyfriends, jealous lovers, that sort of thing just doesn't seem to mesh with something as brazen as torching a car and it's live occupant inside. The fact she managed to escape makes me feel like this was rushed, the perp was nervous, not careful at all.

The problem with gangs, even loose knit, small scale ones that are simply peddling weed around town...

Fear of snitching is real.

The feds are there. People are nervous. Those with first hand knowledge aren't going to talk easy - look what happened to Jessica. No one wants to meet that same fate.

It's frustrating to speculate with no new information but I have a feeling this is going to be a slow process unfortunately.

[/B]

I just don't see that in the video. It looks like someone called to her and she threw up her hand in recognition of that person. It also looks to me like she has something in her hand as she raises it, but I am can't be certain. I don't know how to stop the video and circle her left hand to be able to tell if she has something in it or not. Haven't we heard that she received a call while she was at the gas station? If so, she had her cell phone either in her pocket or in one hand. If someone who knows how to circle both her hands, I would appreciate knowing if she had her cell phone in her left hand and her wallet in her right or if one or both hands are empty. I just don't see her pointing. Anyway, I think most people point with their index finger, not with their thumb. JMO

I always make sure my car keys are in my hand when I close my locked car door. (I've locked my keys in the car one time too many, LOL.) It's also a safety precaution.

I've ruled out suicide based on statements from LE/FD that she named or attempted to name her attacker(s). Assuming she tried to say any name but her own name, points directly towards being attacked imo.

On another note, has anyone pointed out that pictures of her car in the impound lot show a missing licence plate? I think this speaks volumes towards an attempt to eliminate evidence and her identity so as to buy the Perp(s) time to distance themselves from the scene.

O/T but to all our WS members who live in the northeastern states, please stay safe in light of this impending weather event that they're calling the storm of the century. We send our thoughts and prayers to all those in it's path. Batten down the hatches and stock up on supplies.

O/T but to all our WS members who live in the northeastern states, please stay safe in light of this impending weather event that they're calling the storm of the century. We send our thoughts and prayers to all those in it's path. Batten down the hatches and stock up on supplies.

Thanks so much! The snow has started, but the hatches are secure and the supplies ready. My main concern is that we don't lose power! Prayers and crossed fingers/toes are appreciated. :)

I sure would like to know if LE has identified and questioned all the people who were seen on that gas station video both inside and outside the station. So far, I've heard of only 2 being identified. JC and BB (gas can man), but that station looked pretty busy that night.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/10/us/mississippi-girl-burns-to-death/

From CNN awhile back. Its the clearest video of her at the gas station that I have seen. She is smoking, and right before she exits the camera view she is reaching for her pouch/purse as if she is going to take something out. But I still think she was pointing back towards her home. All she bought was a drink and some gas.

I have been passing by conversations about the cell phone. Dont know what that is about. Can someone supply a good link so I and others perhaps take time some time and learn about the cell phone situation.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/10/us/mississippi-girl-burns-to-death/

From CNN awhile back. Its the clearest video of her at the gas station that I have seen. She is smoking, and right before she exits the camera view she is reaching for her pouch/purse as if she is going to take something out. But I still think she was pointing back towards her home. All she bought was a drink and some gas.

I have been passing by conversations about the cell phone. Dont know what that is about. Can someone supply a good link so I and others perhaps take time some time and learn about the cell phone situation.

This is a great example of why this case is so hard to discuss here. They may be MSM and have had a great reputation at one time, but imo, CNN has become about as careful with reporting as the National Enquirer in recent years. At the 1:45 mark of that video, the reporter says that her phone was found inside her car. That contradicts every other report I have read of her phone having been found near the scene. I truly understand why we can't bring some of those other sites here, but honestly, if you take out the reader comments, the articles themselves can't be much less accurate than a lot of what passes for MSM these days, and I think in this case, a lot of it may turn out to be more accurate. Here is a link to the Clarion Ledger that describes the phone being found. JMO

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2014/12/08/mississippi-woman-set-on-fire/20082929/

This is a great example of why this case is so hard to discuss here. They may be MSM and have had a great reputation at one time, but imo, CNN has become about as careful with reporting as the National Enquirer in recent years. At the 1:45 mark of that video, the reporter says that her phone was found inside her car. That contradicts every other report I have read of her phone having been found near the scene. I truly understand why we can't bring some of those other sites here, but honestly, if you take out the reader comments, the articles themselves can't be much less accurate than a lot of what passes for MSM these days, and I think in this case, a lot of it may turn out to be more accurate. Here is a link to the Clarion Ledger that describes the phone being found. JMO

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2014/12/08/mississippi-woman-set-on-fire/20082929/

The CNN video also says JC bought a drink at M&M. Jeesh. I hear ya @SteveP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Sorry for any typos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8