MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Callers can remain anonymous, but good luck collecting all of the tip money if you remain anonymous. How would they know who to write the check out to lol? But seriously, in order to lead to the arrest and conviction of the perp, one would either A) need to provide physical evidence linking the perp to the murder, or b) have firsthand knowledge that would corroborate with evidence found at the crime scene. Either way, the informant would have to testify. How can a person testify and remain anonymous? Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. In order to get all of the reward money for snitching, you have to do it big, get on stand, and testify. There are paid informants in every city of every state in the US, who provide their services in an undercover manner in order to gain evidence against other perps. These people can only remain anon for so long...
I can see this as turning into another beating the dead horse scenario, and I haven't even finished reading past post 266, so I will go back to catching up, but that's my two cents. If it is possible for a person to successfully lead to the arrest and conviction of another person and receive over 50 grand all while remaining completely anonymous in a town as small as Courtland MS, then I sincerely hope that will happen. I'm skeptical, though.

A person can testify and the fact that they are recipient of a reward remains confidential. For those who don't understand the concept behind a similar LE program, Crime Stoppers and how anonymity works, this might help better explain in more layman, easier to understand terms:

Once you give us information, you will be assigned a code number, which is the only method Crimestoppers has of identifying you. You must remember this number, and provide it to a Crimestoppers operator when you call back to check on the status of the information you have given. You must call Crimestoppers. We cannot call you, because we never ask for your phone number.

- See more at: http://www.crimestoppersgno.org/how-it-works#sthash.mOpBWEO8.dpuf

I know it Saturday, but maybe on a weekday, someone could just give the county assessor's office a call and ask? Just an option...

I had looked a while back because this crossed my mind before, but couldn't find a searchable online database, either... I think that the information probably is not online but can be found with a call or visit to the appropriate office.

It is interesting to note that if you continue driving farther out of town on Herron toward Benson Road, the left side of your screen opens into cultivated fields. Meanwhile if you locate the Rowsey farm buildings via Google satellite image, they too appear to be on the left side of your screen.

However since the Rowsey white sign is on the right side of the screen (or on the more-westerly side of Herron, where there are woodlands mostly), it leads me to believe that perhaps Rowsey owns both sides of Herron. After all, both gates appear to be of the same color, manufacturer, installation, and circa. Also, Rowsey is listed as an entrepreneur of agricultural lands as well as tree farming.

Of course,...none of this is relevant.

You could very well be right. And whomever selected that location may have known who owned it and that it was unlikely anyone from the business would have reason to visit that site at night.

You could very well be right. And whomever selected that location may have known who owned it and that it was unlikely anyone from the business would have reason to visit that site at night.

You brought up the subject earlier of the car wash at East Rail Road crossing.

A close look at that business in the 2014 Google Street View images implies that the car wash is seldom used.

It seems to me that if Jessica Chambers drove away from M&M at 6:39:xx pm, in the dark, to wash her car, then she would have been a possible target for unsavory characters. I wonder what rail activity, and schedule, existed for the evening of Dec. 6?

When did LE confirm/deny if JC was sexually assaulted? I am not being snarky, either, I have been out of the loop and am just now reading through this thread. Work has been keeping me away and if LE has stated their knowledge of a possible sexual assault, this would be huge, IMO.

I don't think LE confirmed/denied sexual assault, and I don't think they will publicly discuss it even if they have evidence of it right now. But you are right, it will be huge. If hypo only one person's DNA identified if Jessica was sexually assaulted, but more than 1 perp involved in other crime(s)...then they need to gather as much evidence as possible on all and it takes time. Jmo

I am well informed and actually employed within the criminal justice system, but thank you for the refresher. My point is, that it is hard for an attorney to stand in front of a jury, and say, 'an anonymous source told us that person X did this crime, so that's that'. It is much more influential for a judge or jury to hear it from the horse's mouth directly, and I have personally witnessed informants being denied payment for refusal to testify. That's my experience, and my opinion.

A person can testify and the fact that they are recipient of a reward remains confidential. For those who don't understand the concept behind a similar LE program, Crime Stoppers and how anonymity works, this might help better explain in more layman, easier to understand terms:

Once you give us information, you will be assigned a code number, which is the only method Crimestoppers has of identifying you. You must remember this number, and provide it to a Crimestoppers operator when you call back to check on the status of the information you have given. You must call Crimestoppers. We cannot call you, because we never ask for your phone number.

- See more at: http://www.crimestoppersgno.org/how-it-works#sthash.mOpBWEO8.dpuf

I am well informed and actually employed within the criminal justice system, but thank you for the refresher. My point is, that it is hard for an attorney to stand in front of a jury, and say, 'an anonymous source told us that person X did this crime, so that's that'. It is much more influential for a judge or jury to hear it from the horse's mouth directly, and I have personally witnessed informants being denied payment for refusal to testify. That's my experience, and my opinion.

IMO, a $53,000 reward isn't going to impress anyone. The money is not tax free. After taxes, a recipient will be sorely dissatisfied that he subjected himself to the justice system, the eventual media hoopla, and the community backlash, and possible retaliation. Relocation to a suitable environment, and to a new identity means much more that $53K. If LE is serious about a reward, LE needs to quadruple that current price-tag...and maybe even higher than that.

You brought up the subject earlier of the car wash at East Rail Road crossing.

A close look at that business in the 2014 Google Street View images implies that the car wash is seldom used.

It seems to me that if Jessica Chambers drove away from M&M at 6:39:xx pm, in the dark, to wash her car, then she would have been a possible target for unsavory characters. I wonder what rail activity, and schedule, existed for the evening of Dec. 6?

The car wash probably still was available 24/7 and kept lights on so unsavory characters wouldn't hang out there. Plus it was right across from the fire station.

Are the railroad tracks single or double? Can you tell?

IMO, a $53,000 reward isn't going to impress anyone. The money is not tax free. After taxes, a recipient will be sorely dissatisfied that he subjected himself to the justice system, the eventual media hoopla, and the community backlash, and possible retaliation. Relocation to a suitable environment, and to a new identity means much more that $53K. If LE is serious about a reward, LE needs to quadruple that current price-tag...and maybe even higher than that.

I agree the price isn't much for all the hassle involved and the possible compromise of your personal safety.

However, while it would be nice to give people huge sums of money to solve crimes and put bad guys in jail...the funding just isn't there.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

A 19 yr old sleeps all day and gets up at dark thirty to go wash her car on a Saturday night..Stops in the one place she will most likely see everyone that she would be avoiding in order to change her life around.....I have a hard time believing she was going to wash her car..

Classito

IMO I always see the reward money as a sort of carrot and stick tool. I would have no idea if anyone ever collected the reward - I doubt it would be made known to the public. But I can see it being useful, as the reward goes up and becomes more tempting, someone might just open up and either snitch or try to get someone else with them and maybe implicate themselves. After all, who can really comply with the specific " information leading to the arrest and conviction" Or "to the safe return of ..." without being involved to some degree?

:cow:

And my point is that it isn't an attorney who testifies what a confidential informant tells him. It is an LE officer.

JMO

A 19 yr old sleeps all day and gets up at dark thirty to go wash her car on a Saturday night..Stops in the one place she will most likely see everyone that she would be avoiding in order to change her life around.....I have a hard time believing she was going to wash her car..

Classito

I have a hard time believing a major portion of what we have for background data on just about everything in this murder.

For example, Lisa Daugherty claims that she sent Jessica out on a cigarette mission sometime around 5 or 5:30pm. Then she says, they spoke at 6:48pm.

First of all, sunset on Dec. 6 was 4:55 pm. Jessica's car pulled into M&M at 6:39 pm. It was dark.

But one half hour after sunset (or 5:30 pm) the skies are not dark; they are diming gray. (Perform an experiment and one will see that I am right.)

The sort of darkness visible to us in the M&M video as Jessica pulls into the gas pumps suggests more like the actual footage time on the CCTV: 6:39 pm.

So the question is: Why does Lisa Daugherty claim 5 to 5:30 pm? The answer could be that Jessica actually did leave the house at 5 or 5:30; and consequently there is an hour before Jessica arrives at M&M.

This may be why Lisa then calls Jessica at 6:48 pm. Lisa may be annoyed, and may want to know why her daughter has taken almost an hour and a half to return with cigarettes on a mission which ought to have taken less than 10 minutes.

IMO I always see the reward money as a sort of carrot and stick tool. I would have no idea if anyone ever collected the reward - I doubt it would be made known to the public. But I can see it being useful, as the reward goes up and becomes more tempting, someone might just open up and either snitch or try to get someone else with them and maybe implicate themselves. After all, who can really comply with the specific " information leading to the arrest and conviction" Or "to the safe return of ..." without being involved to some degree?

:cow:

It's such a successful tool, Crime Stoppers in some cities has upped the reward in murder cases to $25,000.

I'll give a hypothetical: your sister confides in you that her husband is having an affair. He's staying out at all hours and she suspects he is having an affair with the wife of a neighbor who travels out of town a lot on business. Two weeks later, there is evidence of a break-in and the neighbor's wife is found dead while the husband is out of town. In such a scenario, information about the affair could help police obtain search warrants and subpoenas that produce compelling evidence that leads to an arrest. The reward would remain totally anonymous.

JMO

I have a hard time believing a major portion of what we have for background data on just about everything in this murder.

For example, Lisa Daugherty claims that she sent Jessica out on a cigarette mission sometime around 5 or 5:30pm. Then she says, they spoke at 6:48pm.

First of all, sunset on Dec. 6 was 4:55 pm. Jessica's car pulled into M&M at 6:39 pm. It was dark.

But one half hour after sunset (or 5:30 pm) the skies are not dark; they are diming gray. (Perform an experiment and one will see that I am right.)

The sort of darkness visible to us in the M&M video as Jessica pulls into the gas pumps suggests more like the actual footage time on the CCTV: 6:39 pm.

So the question is: Why does Lisa Daugherty claim 5 to 5:30 pm? The answer could be that Jessica actually did leave the house at 5 or 5:30; and consequently there is an hour before Jessica arrives at M&M.

This may be why Lisa then calls Jessica at 6:48 pm. Lisa may be annoyed, and may want to know why her daughter has taken almost an hour and a half to return with cigarettes on a mission which ought to have taken less than 10 minutes.

Lisa may also have not set her clocks back when she came up with that 5:00-5:30 pm time. My son hadn't done so with his wall clock at Thanksgiving and whenever we asked the time, he glanced at his cell phone. His dad finally reset the clock and replaced the battery because we figured he'd not do that, either.

Lisa may also have not set her clocks back when she came up with that 5:00-5:30 pm time. My son hadn't done so with his wall clock at Thanksgiving and whenever we asked the time, he glanced at his cell phone. His dad finally reset the clock and replaced the battery because we figured he'd not do that, either.

A month after Daylight Savings has reversed to Standard is a long time for anyone to remain oblivious to the hour change.

I do not believe that we have an addled brain situation here.

The following information is based on information from public records. Nothing has been published to indicate that JC was the victim of a sexual assault. Likewise, nothing has been published to indicate that JC was not the victim of a sexual assault. I, along with other WS posters have suggested that the pouring of a flammable substance down JC's mouth, throat, nose, car, etc. was an attempt to eliminate evidence of any kind, including possible evidence of an sexual assault. When considering sexual assault as an aspect of this case, it is prudent to vet local registered sex offenders. This has led me to two RSO's. The label RSO #1 and RSO #2 do not reflect whom I suspect to be higher up on the POI list. I have zero doubt that LE, including the alphabet crews have looked into this information but I haven't seen it posted on WS, so I thought that it is worth noting for WS'ers to discuss.

RSO #1
Convicted of the sex offense of Carnal knowledge of a juvenile who allowed himself to be interviewed at the M&M a day or so after the crime. He is at the end of this video. http://www.clarionledger.com/media/c...ideo/20235989/

I'm starting with RSO #1 because he allowed himself to be interviewed at the M&M gas station shortly after the crime occurred. In this interview, the RSO either intentionally or unintentionally makes a statement that is simply not true

According to the RSO database, RSO #1 has an address published as #### Herron subdivision, which is an actual road that intersects Main St. The house number given in the RSO database does not correspond to an actual house. But with the published address, if it is real, he lives about 0.6 miles from the scene of the crime. He also claims in this media interview to be a lifelong Courtland resident. The problem is, in actuality, he has lived in West Monroe, Louisiana which also happens to be where he was convicted of the sex offense.

RSO #2
Uses three aliases as first names and two different last names. Not that this means a thing, but the first name he uses is the same first name as JC's brother. Last known address is #### HERRON ROAD, Batesville, MS 38606. This address is 1.2 miles SW of the crime scene but on the same side of the road that JC and her burning car were found. Also, RSO #2 listed an address in the city of Batesville yet Batesville does not have a Herron Road. Furthermore, RSO#2's residence can be seen using the Google drive feature. In his driveway is a vehicle fitting the general description of one being sought. Even more interesting is that upon a closer look, you can clearly see a red gas can out in the open.

RSO #2 moved from Eau Claire/Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin which is where his two sex offense convictions took place. According to published records, he has lived in Sardis, Courtland, and Senatobia, Mississippi.

RSO #2 Has convictions in (Clark County, Wisconsin - Case Number 2004CF000119). These convictions are for the crime of 3rd Degree Sexual Assault. Wisconsin lists this offense as a class G felony.

This felony is defined in Wisconsin Statutes 940.225(3) as for the purpose of sexually degrading or humiliating the complainant or sexually arousing or gratifying the defendant, intentionally causing the complainant to ejaculate or emit urine or feces on any part of the defendant's body, whether clothed or unclothed.

Additionally, third degree sexual assault is defined by Wisconsin as whoever has sexual intercourse with a person without the consent of that person is guilty of a Class G felony. Whoever has sexual contact in the manner described in sub. (5) (b) 2. or 3. with a person without the consent of that person is guilty of a Class G felony.

Originally RSO #2 was sentenced to 235 days in jail and ordered to have no contact with SIX individuals. However, his Probation was revoked on 09-06-2007 and was then sentenced to 4.6 – 5 years in prison.

Currently, RSO #2 is described as being under Active community Supervision by unit 507 Neillsville Region Unit which is located in Neillsville, WI. His maximum discharge date is 12-4-2015. Somewhat troubling is that I was unable to find any supervision information as it pertains to the Mississippi DOC.

The above information is factual, I have not attempted to draw any conclusions. However, I think many could be suggested. I'll leave that for the WS'ers for now and I may chime in on my own thoughts about the facts as posted above. (*note, I had some behind the scenes help from fellow Sluether's and I can't thank them enough for the help!)

This is a lot of great info, and I appreciate the time it took to put it together to share. Like you, I feel certain that LE is aware of all this info as well, and surely have checked out the two RSO's, as well as any others in the area. The only question I have is about the part that I bolded. I am not aware that LE has put out a description of any vehicle they are looking for, other than possibly a vehicle with loud pipes that was mentioned by a neighbor who allegedly heard one the night Jessica was killed. Since we can't possibly tell whether a vehicle has loud pipes from a Google photo, I am wondering if I have missed something. Can you point me to a MSM link that details the vehicle LE is seeking? TIA.

A month after Daylight Savings has reversed to Standard is a long time for anyone to remain oblivious to the hour change.

I do not believe that we have an addled brain situation here.

I just don't see an hour elapsing before Jessica arrived at the M&M. What could she have done in that time that would result in her death after she left the gas station? Nothing fits.

Hello. Will someone please correct my sequence of events? When did Jessica purchase her mother’s cigarettes. ty.

Jessica pulls up to the gas pump…..leaves her car and goes off camera to talk to someone for a few seconds, as Jessica walks towards the store, she briefly bends to the ground when she is close to the entrance……..Inside Jessica purchases gas only????????? Exists the store without acknowledging the customers, pumps gas into her car on the driver’s side ……

Thanks for all your amazing work :loveyou:

Why and when did Jessica's parents divorce?

How many children did they have together besides Jessica?

Does Lisa drive her own car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member