MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely....

I think the phone was off, too. We know Jessica had it with her.

I think that phone was turned back on at 7:30.

Now why would the phone be off? Whoever Jessica was with she clearly wanted no interruptions.
During my younger player days the only time I would turn my phone off is when I was with a guy and didn't want to risk another guy calling me (getting caught).

I would rather turn the phone off than not answer the call.

I have several ideas in my head. To go along with what you said, maybe she deliberately had it off. Then at 7:30, something goes terribly, terribly wrong--she discovers something is not right and she is in danger. She turns her phone on to call for help, but then the perps grab her phone, take the battery out and toss it.

The other thing that comes to mind is more my style. Phone dies. She doesn't realize it for 30 minutes when she goes "huh, how come no one has called me." She digs in her purse, can't find it. Looks around the car, can't find it. Looks in purse again, finds it buried at the bottom in some secret, magical compartment (otherwise known as the black hole), plugs it in to a car charger, and then after 15 minutes of just showing a battery screen, it reboots to home screen. (<--the story of my life).

Of course that theory is debunked because I saw no charger cord hanging from her dash--unless of course that can burn up. IDK about that.

To go off of what you are saying, in most smartphones, GPS tracking continues even if the phone is turned off. It will continue to 'ping' off of cell towers as well, such as with an iPhone, even if it is 'dead'. Other smartphones, however, that have batteries that can be removed, do not ping when the batty is removed. I find this to be interesting, since wasn't the battery to JC's phone found detached from the phone itself?

Maybe so, it might not have been a smart phone.

One more thing- do any of y'all follow Unsolved Mysteries? Their website currently has JC's face all over the main page. Hopefully this will bring some attention to the case. Also, hopefully thorough reporting and investigating has been done in order to present this case as truthfully and fully as possible.

Check it out:

http://unsolved.com

Fyi I've been out of the loop, so to speak, here on WS lately, so if this has already been posted, sorry for wasting your time!
Edit: the website indicates that they will have a video on theirbyoutube page tomorrow, pertaining to Jessica's case. https://www.youtube.com/user/UnsolvedMysteriesTV

Hmm. I just went back to my little notepad file to reread the things I typed while listening to LD's interview on True Crime Radio...

With regard to the telephone call, here's what I have jotted down:

- Someone asked about a party or gathering of some sort, Lisa answers, "I've heard that but I don't know. She coulda went. I don't have a clue. If she did she never said a word to me about it."
- "6:48 to seven-something, a few minutes" (re: the phone call - not 20 minutes...?)
- Lisa: "She didn't say where she was at that time. She was fixing to get her something to eat then she'd be home to clean up her room."

A couple other things that stand out to me, in hindsight:
- What have they told you about the crime scene? Lisa: "Not much of anything."
- Gas station security footage: Not all of it seen by Lisa: "I have only seen what y'all have seen on the TV or the Internet, not the actual footage"

---------
I think Lisa is telling the truth about the phone call. I think the call happened.
I think the police have not been updating her with every little thing, and similarly did not forewarn her about this press conference - whether that was intentional or not in this instance, I'm not sure. But I DO think that making no mention of that phone call in the timeline was deliberate...so, let's think about why...

Maybe so, it might not have been a smart phone.

Very true. LE has not, to my knowledge, released any information as far as what kind of phone JC had. In previous threads, we were going off of pictures of JC with a phone, a smartphone of some sort, perhaps a galaxy? I don't recall.

6:48 to 7-something is at least a 12 minute phone call. I have read that the call ended at 7:13, but I don't know where I read that and could never find out where I saw that. So the 7:13 may or may not be accurate. What is accurate, is 7-something, which is likely 7:01 or later (if it was 7:00, I think she would've said 7:00). So I will say at least a 13 minute call.

13 minutes is a long time to not ask where someone is or what they are doing when you want them home to clean their room. 13 minutes of a phone call should demonstrate on the cell phone towers where Jessica was--it would certainly give police an "idea" of where she was, and not "no idea."

There's a reason LE is saying they don't know where Jessica was from 6:30-7:30. IMO, they either believe Lisa did not speak to Jessica or they know she did and they also have pings from a cellphone belonging to someone they suspect was in the car with Jessica. They're throwing out misinformation on purpose.

Possible scenario:
The police pull someone in for more questioning and ask where they were between 6:30 -7:30 on Dec. 6th. This person says they were at abc and think they're in the clear because Champion said they can't place Jessica during that time frame.
The police then say, no, you weren't at abc. We can place you with Jessica. Why are you lying?

6:48 to 7-something is at least a 12 minute phone call. I have read that the call ended at 7:13, but I don't know where I read that and could never find out where I saw that. So the 7:13 may or may not be accurate. What is accurate, is 7-something, which is likely 7:01 or later (if it was 7:00, I think she would've said 7:00). So I will say at least a 13 minute call.

13 minutes is a long time to not ask where someone is or what they are doing when you want them home to clean their room. 13 minutes of a phone call should demonstrate on the cell phone towers where Jessica was--it would certainly give police an "idea" of where she was, and not "no idea."

Lisa said she checked the time on her phone and it was 7:13.

There's a reason LE is saying they don't know where Jessica was from 6:30-7:30. IMO, they either believe Lisa did not speak to Jessica or they know she did and they also have pings from a cellphone belonging to someone they suspect was in the car with Jessica. They're throwing out misinformation on purpose.

Possible scenario:
The police pull someone in for more questioning and ask where they were between 6:30 -7:30 on Dec. 6th. This person says they were at abc and think they're in the clear because Champion said they can't place Jessica during that time frame.
The police then say, no, you weren't at abc. We can place you with Jessica. Why are you lying?

Oooohhh... now I like that scenario. I hope that's the case! Although, it's a bit dubious given Champion's inability to iron his shirt, or at least throw it in the dryer before coming on t.v. ;)

Oooohhh... now I like that scenario. I hope that's the case! Although, it's a bit dubious given Champion's inability to iron his shirt, or at least throw it in the dryer before coming on t.v. ;)

LOL, I'm thinking maybe it's the FBI or one of the other alphabet agencies involved giving them the idea.

To go off of what you are saying, in most smartphones, GPS tracking continues even if the phone is turned off. It will continue to 'ping' off of cell towers as well, such as with an iPhone, even if it is 'dead'. Other smartphones, however, that have batteries that can be removed, do not ping when the batty is removed. I find this to be interesting, since wasn't the battery to JC's phone found detached from the phone itself?

How does a phone work even if the battery is removed?

Because it has a rechargeable internal battery (Li2032) like very old video game batteries or like cr2032. It does give enough power to do basic pings.

How does a phone work even if the battery is removed?

Because it has a rechargeable internal battery (Li2032) like very old video game batteries or like cr2032. It does give enough power to do basic pings.
Great info!!

If the DA deliberately left out the Lisa conversation with JC and Lisa was telling the truth, it was a HUGE slam on Lisa. Since, reportedly, Lisa did not get a heads up about the news conference, I tend to think that LE does not believe that there was a conversation. If LE was going to announce the hour gap, I would think that they would have explained why they were doing that to Lisa. As it is, they are basically saying that Lisa is lying. If Lisa did talk to JC she should be screaming from the rooftops! I would. JMO.. If there was a call there is a record of it. JMO

IIRC, DA Champion mentions in the presser that he'd met with Jessica's parents a couple of times and that Sheriff Darby is the normal liaison with them, made easier by virtue of the fact her dad works for the department. It would seem most probable that the discrepancies being considered don't exist between the parents and LE but weren't brought up for a reason.

I think there is someone who might work AS a truck driver, live on Carlisle Road in Courtland with their girlfriend who is probably older than Jessica by AS much AS a few months, and has a kid whose birthday is December 6th. However, they were probably out-of-town working and missed the birthday.

Alright, I'm off to Walgreens to get some beauty items.

So in other words, Jessica went up to Batesville to pick up AS's girlfriend who works at Walgreens and drive her home so she could get ready for the party?

And this is the party that Auntie Cha-Cha was referring to?

Regarding Lisa's phone call to Jessica..........I wonder if in her duress she might be confusing the time she sent Jessica the text message with the time she finally got through to Jessica by phone?
IIRC Lisa said she:
-sent Jessica a text and didn't get a response
-called Jessica and didn't get a response
-called Jessica again and spoke with her
So maybe the actual phone conversation only lasted a few minutes but the entire time for all 3, including waiting for responses, took ~20 minutes?

I think LE has a pretty good idea of where Jessica was from 6:30-7:30 but they want clarification and eye witnesses. JMO

The idea of inner beauty and Jessica reminded me of this

"as if you were burning inside.

Under your skin the moon is alive."

by Pablo Neruda

I just still have so many questions regarding the timeline....

1) how does RM and the tip of the loud car factor into this timeline? The car was on his street...soooo I wonder what time he heard this car and why does he feel that this loud vehicle is involved somehow?
If Jessica returned to Court land at 6:30, I would assume that his recollection about the loud car had to have happened after JC returned....sooo AFTER 6:30....with that information...why doesn't LE know where she was after 6:30?
I just feel that if she was at the scene at 7:31 she never left until she was found by first responders. And I can't imagine someone would believe hearing a loud car around 5:30ish would have something to do with a crime that occurred around 8pm, kwim? So again, what time did he hear this car?

2) CW claims of a party and Jessica being there. She claims that after she left the party is when it happened to her. Soooo why isn't the party part of the timeline?

3) when LE claims that with technology they can say that Jessica was at the crime scene at 7:31. Could it be that she was in the area of the crime scene and not just at the exact location on Herron Rd?

Jus asking

Regarding Lisa's phone call to Jessica..........I wonder if in her duress she might be confusing the time she sent Jessica the text message with the time she finally got through to Jessica by phone?
IIRC Lisa said she:
-sent Jessica a text and didn't get a response
-called Jessica and didn't get a response
-called Jessica again and spoke with her
So maybe the actual phone conversation only lasted a few minutes but the entire time for all 3, including waiting for responses, took ~20 minutes?

I think LE has a pretty good idea of where Jessica was from 6:30-7:30 but they want clarification and eye witnesses. JMO

Along with that line of thinking -
No response to the text message - maybe someone told her not to respond
No response to call - maybe someone told her not to answer
Jessica allowed to answer last call, but told to keep it light and fast. Jessica tells Lisa she is going to clean the car, get something to eat and be home soon. She ends with "I love you Momma" to Lisa who had just been hounding her.

Did "I love you Momma" mean HELP! and/or goodbye?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18