VERDICT WATCH MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 4m4 minutes ago
After going over what the state says happened that night, defense attorney says, "In my opinion, that is utterly ridiculous." #JessicaChambers

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 2m2 minutes ago
Now state's back up. "What you just heard from Ms. Palmer and Mr. Peterson is exactly what I expected you'd hear." He says Palmer brought the 'what you didn't do defense,' where she just pointed out what wasn't done to discredit what was done.

Aaron Keller‏ @AKellerLawCrime 2m2 minutes ago
#JessicaChambers prosecution is now giving its rebuttal. The state always goes first and last because the state has the burden of proof. LIVE NOW

DoXToIkXcAE6qx-.jpg

#JessicaChambers prosecution is once again trying to discredit the first responders who heard Chambers name "Eric" or "Derek" as her attacker.

Aaron Keller‏ @AKellerLawCrime 1m1 minute ago
#JessicaChambers - State says Chambers would not have been able to breathe due to the injuries from the attack, citing expert testimony & her treatment at the scene.

#JessicaChambers - State says first responders would have jurors believe Chambers was having a normal conversation, when that would have been medically unlikely (state theorizes).

Tish Clark‏ @local24tish 3m3 minutes ago
Closing arguments nearing the end. DA John Champion finishing up. He has 30 mins. #QuintonTellis #JessicaChambers @LocalMemphis

#JessicaChambers - State says first responders would have jurors believe Chambers was having a normal conversation, when that would have been medically unlikely (state theorizes).

*How can he say that? We heard/watched the first responders testify. They made it as clear as day that Jessica was not talking/conversing like *Champion and whoever was testifying*. Silly man. LOL*

I don't think they ever had sex. I think he tried and she wasn't into him that way so he did something to her. Thought he killed her. I don't think he meant to actually burn her alive because he thought she was already dead.
Yes, especially now hearing about those bruises under her breasts.

Although, I do think it is possible she had woken up when he returned with the gas can and she couldn't leave because he had her keys, and he subdued her and did light her on fire fully awake. We will never know.
Remember, the clothes were left on the other side of the driveway. I think he threw her clothes out there in case she woke up.

Aaron Keller‏ @AKellerLawCrime 6m6 minutes ago
#JessicaChambers prosecution: "What is more common sense" is that when [one first responder] repeated Derek/Eric, others thought they heard Chambers say the same thing. The misconception spread based on one first responder repeating what he thought he heard, the state theorizes.
DoXUpQ8W0AAwEiZ.jpg

DoXUqw7XoAA67te.jpg

Aaron Keller‏ @AKellerLawCrime 6m6 minutes ago
#JessicaChambers prosecution is ripping into witnesses who refute video "proof" of where someone was at a certain time.

Aaron Keller‏ @AKellerLawCrime 5m5 minutes ago
#JessicaChambers prosecutor accuses the defense of presenting "lie" testimony to "deflect" from the facts of the state's case. LIVE NOW @LawCrimeNetwork

Aaron Keller‏ @AKellerLawCrime 4m4 minutes ago
#JessicaChambers prosecutor says the state is not asking jurors to make a "big jump" with the evidence -- just rational inferences.

Aaron Keller‏ @AKellerLawCrime 3m3 minutes ago
#JessicaChambers prosecutor says expert testimony is evidence; defense theories are not evidence. Prosecutor says it's "not a big jump" to believe the state's theory/timeline of Tellis's guilt and that Tellis lied during interrogation.

#JessicaChambers prosecutor points to the many times Chambers refused to have sex with Tellis. "You have to believe a man who has lied multiple times to law enforcement" if jurors believe Tellis had sex with Chambers on a road near his house.
DoXWGKxXgAAZ15C.jpg

DoXWIxWWkAE9Pjr.jpg

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 6m6 minutes ago
DA says the defense calling Tellis' sister to the stand today was so she could lie & deflect from the state's evidence.

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 5m5 minutes ago
DA says there hasn't been one word of testimony discrediting what the experts said on the stand.

I agree I think he thought they'd have sex after he gave her money and bought her dinner and was enraged when she said no so he killed her. I hope the jury realizes with the cell phone activity, the cleared up mystery man, and no Eric/Derek in existence there is no reasonable doubt. If there was an Eric/Derek that the defense could find, they would have introduced him as a witness. I'm so nervous, I'm going to watch the closing statements now.

Aaron Keller‏ @AKellerLawCrime 3m3 minutes ago
#JessicaChambers prosecutor is selectively quoting Tellis: "car," "sex," "gasoline." "Contradictory evidence." "Common sense."

#JessicaChambers prosecutor - "only two" witnesses "felt like they were harassed." The interrogation interview indicates Tellis was "not harassed." (Defense had argued police were harassing people.)

Aaron Keller‏ @AKellerLawCrime 51s52 seconds ago
#JessicaChambers prosecutor - Tellis kept changing his story to match the evidence the authorities kept coming back with and presenting to him.

Shoot - bedtime here - guess I'll have to come back in the morning & see whether the jurors came back with a verdict....

Good Night all -
and very GLAD that UndiscoveredTruth is doing the tweets again so I "can" catch up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper