VERDICT WATCH MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the defense attorneys public defenders?

In "Unspeakable Crime: The Killing Of Jessica Chambers,"
legal analyst Beth Karas said:
"Darla Palmer is the lead attorney.
She's not court appointed.
Some of her work is public defender work, but not in this case.
My understanding is, she was retained by the Tellis family
for Quinton's defense."

Last edited:
Aaron Keller‏ @AKellerLawCrime 2m2 minutes ago
#JessicaChambers prosecutor - "Somthing went on in that car where" Tellis "incapacitated Jessica Chambers." Did he think he killed her? "I certainly believe that," prosecutor said.

#JessicaChambers prosecutor - Tellis had to get Chambers' car away from his house after that. That's why state things Tellis "tried to hide" the Chambers car "up in the trees." It's not a far walk to where the keys were found. "Is that a coincidence? No," the state argued.
DoXYeMCXgAAv6iV.jpg

DoXYgL7XoAE_u-M.jpg

Legal analyst Beth Karas said:
for Quinton's defense."
Thanks for the info, d4j. As mentioned previously, I like her. I think she's a very good attorney and I'd want her on my team. *if I had one, that is*

#JessicaChambers prosecutor re: Tellis: "wouldn't it make sense if he was taking a bath that he had gasonline on him, a gasoline smell?" LIVE CLOSING ARGUMENTS @LawCrimeNetwork

DoXZmWnU4AIBtzA.jpg

Aaron Keller‏ @AKellerLawCrime 1m1 minute ago
#JessicaChambers prosecutor - "Never once does he check with anybody to see how she's doing." Then, he "erased" Chambers from his life. "Why did he do that? [] So . . . there would be no trace of Jessica Chambers being with him . . . that's why you erase things."

Aaron Keller‏ @AKellerLawCrime 53s53 seconds ago
#JessicaChambers prosecutor goes for the tired, old line -- Chambers was niece, daughter, friend. "Not a bad word has been said about Jessica Chambers." Chambers "had friends who were black and white."

Legal analyst Beth Karas said:
for Quinton's defense."
Oh, thanks. Didn't know that!

#JessicaChambers prosecutor tried to bridge any possible racial divide on the jury by saying Chambers had "friends who were black and white," that she was a human being who embraced all people. Jury (12 + 3 alternates): 9 black, 6 white.

DoXaQlVVsAANSnz.jpg

Tish Clark‏ @local24tish 2m2 minutes ago
DA Champion wrapping up prosecution rebuttal #QuintonTellis #JessicaChambers @LocalMemphis

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 3m3 minutes ago
“[#JessicaChambers] didn’t care who she hung out with. You know why? Because she was a human being. Jessica Chambers was a human being who loved all people and she didn’t mind calling all people 'my friends,' 'my relatives.' She had every single right to be on this earth today."

#JessicaChambers closing arguments are complete. Analysis coming up LIVE @LawCrimeNetwork

I'm so anxious. I pray they come back with the right answer. That sweet girl did not deserve what happened. And QT looked bored.. SO SORRY WE WERE BORING YOU WITH WHAT YOU DID TO A YOUNG FEMALE WITH HER WHOLE LIVE AHEAD OF HER THAT YOU STOLE.

During the trial, watching her parents in the courtroom...I can't imagine being a parent having to listen to this about my child, now twice. Seeing their beautiful daughter as you say "bye, see you later", then the next and last time seeing her like that in the hospital. Then she is gone forever. How do you ever get those images out of your mind?

Hoping the jury will come back with a guilty verdict this time...and also hoping that this will help her parents (& sister) knowing there was justice for their daughter's horrific death. Unfortunately, there will never be closure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member