VERDICT WATCH MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If QT was the one on the road/picked up by Flowers, how did he know about the possible fire at his distant relatives' house?

That's what I want to know.

He may have received a text message. (I don't really believe that because he wasn't that close to his distant relatives.) But how else could he have known? There's a huge part of the puzzle missing here!!

Possible attempt to intimidate Tellis witness leads to pursuit

Panola County Sheriff Dennis Darby confirmed that local authorities made what he termed a "traffic stop" involving an individual who may have been watching witness Sherry Rena Flowers as she left the Panola County Courthouse following her testimony.
Witnesses said a number of officers, already in the courthouse for the trial, left quickly in pursuit of someone on a motorcycle. That came just after Flowers had completed her testimony and left.

Panola County Sheriff Dennis Darby confirmed that local authorities made what he termed a "traffic stop" involving an individual who may have been watching witness Sherry Rena Flowers as she left the Panola County Courthouse following her testimony.
Witnesses said a number of officers, already in the courthouse for the trial, left quickly in pursuit of someone on a motorcycle. That came just after Flowers had completed her testimony and left.
Crikey!!! :eek: Could be one of the reason's why Sherry Flowers took so long coming forward with info. She may have been threatened. :(

Does anyone know if jurors are allowed to request witnesses be brought back and asked specific questions they want asked?
I doubt it!!! I'd be really surprised if it was allowed. MOO Anyone else know? Interesting question though!

"Eric" is such a problem. I hope the prosecutors have a plan to really address it head on. Specifically allow that someone else may have been involved too but TQ was there, did this, and is legally responsible. IMO leaving this mystery Eric open can really give jurors a reasonable doubt. Was someone else there?

I think it's interesting that no one asked Ms. Flowers directly if the person she picked up was TQ. Both sides probably knew she would say she doesn't recall or doesn't know. I think the defense will just focus on "Eric." It is really tragic that the victim's dying declaration was someone else's name (unless she was trying to say Trellis).

I will say TQ is pretty distinctive looking so I'd be surprised if she doesn't really know one way or the other.

"Eric" is such a problem. I hope the prosecutors have a plan to really address it head on. Specifically allow that someone else may have been involved too but TQ was there, did this, and is legally responsible. IMO leaving this mystery Eric open can really give jurors a reasonable doubt. Was someone else there?

I think it's interesting that no one asked Ms. Flowers directly if the person she picked up was TQ. Both sides probably knew she would say she doesn't recall or doesn't know. I think the defense will just focus on "Eric." It is really tragic that the victim's dying declaration was someone else's name (unless she was trying to say Trellis).

I will say TQ is pretty distinctive looking so I'd be surprised if she doesn't really know one way or the other.
It has crossed my mind numerous times that there maybe someone else involved, absolutely! Some things just don't seem to be adding up for me. Yes, in my opinion, "Eric" is a problem and a huge problem at that.

Shelly Flowers testimony was interesting. I cannot get past the fact that she wasn't asked if the person she gave a ride is in the court room. Like you mentioned, I too think TQ is pretty distinctive looking. Surely one would recognise him! Then again, maybe it was agreed she would not point him out especially if she had received threats in the past. She was the witness who someone (unknown at this stage) tried to intimidate after she'd left the court house today. Still waiting on news in regards to that incident. Hope we learn more tomorrow.

Thank you YESorNO & UndiscoveredTruth for ALL the tweets!

Thursday, Sept. 27th:
*Trial continues (Day 3) – (@ 9am CT) - MS - Jessica Lane Chambers (19) (Dec. 8, 2014) - Quentin Verdell Tellis (27) - indicted on 1st degree capital murder & 3rd degree arson. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will not seek DP.
10/16/17: First trial jurors were sequestered. 10 hrs of deliberations. Came back with 7-5 guilty. Ended in mistrial.
Tellis was accused of killing a second person, 34-year-old Meing-Chen Hsaio of Taiwan, in July 2015. The exchange student at the University of Louisiana at Monroe was allegedly tortured to death to get her credit car PIN numbers. Tellis faces a first-degree murder charge in the Louisiana death.

Skipping day 1 & 2 - just update of yesterday.
9/26/18 Update Day 3: Witnesses: Melissa Rodgers, volunteer firefighter for the Pope Fire Dept. David Gammel, 1st responder. Bradley Dixon, EMT. Josh Perkins, EMT. Panola Co. Sheriff Deputy Darryl House. Panola County Sheriff Deputy Chuck Tucker. Edward Dixon, Investigator/Lieutenant with Panola Co. Former Chief medical examiner for the state of Mississippi, Dr. Erin Barnhart is accepted as an expert in forensic pathology. Tyler Mills, investigator with Panola Co. Sheriff's office. Sherry Flowers, new witness this trial. Picked up a man hitchhiking night of murder. Kerry Hinson, daughter of Julia Chambers says Tellis is a distant cousin. Julia Chambers, no relation to Jessica, says she is a distant relative of Tellis. Matthew Simon, ATF agent at crime lab in Georgia. End of testimony for day. Another witness on the stand in the morning & then jurors are going to be taken to the crime scene & other spots relative to the investigation. Court proceedings will run through the weekend, both Saturday & Sunday. The jury view will happen tomorrow (9/27) morning. The 2nd view tomorrow (9/27) night. Jurors will see the scene in the daylight & in the dark.

I just read that this person who was removed from the gallery yesterday was making gestures to Ms. Flowers during her testimony. And that this person was riding a motorcycle. But they have not released this person's name and haven't released any information regarding if this person is connected to QT.

I'm really concerned about the "picked up a man walking" testimony.
Why is this just now coming in? I know she didn't just volunteer the info, but it does leave the door open that it was someone else in the area.
Hoping for true justice in this case, but also hoping QT is proven without a doubt to be actually guilty. I know none of us wants a wrongful conviction.
Not commenting much, but following along while streaming the trial.
Thanks so very much for all of your links, thoughts and updates.
May today shed more light on this,
Chi

I just read that this person who was removed from the gallery yesterday was making gestures to Ms. Flowers during her testimony. And that this person was riding a motorcycle. But they have not released this person's name and haven't released any information regarding if this person is connected to QT.
Dang I wish we had some idea which "side" this motorcycle-riding intimidating was on in this case. Or maybe it's simply a situation of trying to bully her because she has info on other crimes etc, jmo.
Weirder and weirder...
ETA LOL the word that got x'd out is t h u g whateva :)

I'm really concerned about the "picked up a man walking" testimony.
Why is this just now coming in? I know she didn't just volunteer the info, but it does leave the door open that it was someone else in the area.
Hoping for true justice in this case, but also hoping QT is proven without a doubt to be actually guilty. I know none of us wants a wrongful conviction.
Not commenting much, but following along while streaming the trial.
Thanks so very much for all of your links, thoughts and updates.
May today shed more light on this,
Chi

Chi,
I agree no one wants a person to be wrongfully convicted. But, he has shown (QT) a pattern for committing crimes, and he continues to escalate in the severity of his crimes as time goes on. He definitely has a long history of criminal activity. My wife and I have been following this case for sometime now. She is a lawyer and has worked in the prosecutors office in Ohio since graduating Law School. We both were disappointed in the outcome of the first trial. As a lawyer, she said that Champion made some mistakes in the first trial. The biggest mistake was the number of first responder's one after another testifying to hearing Jessica mention "Eric." As a prosecutor, she said he should have addressed it and not run from it, but he also should have mentioned it and dropped it. As a result of testimony over and over calling witness after witness to testify to "Eric," she said he is either going to lose the case or end up in a mistrial. That seed was planted with the jury by not only him, but the defense team as well. Despite DNA evidence on the keys and the cell phone tower evidence, the jury could never move past the "Eric" testimony.

On a side note, if anyone has a reliable link to live trial coverage, could you please share, all the links thus far have not worked for us.

Thanks,

Bonnie and Clyde

Dang I wish we had some idea which "side" this motorcycle-riding intimidating **** was on in this case. Or maybe it's simply a situation of trying to bully her because she has info on other crimes etc, jmo.
Weirder and weirder...
ETA LOL the word that got x'd out is t h u g whateva :)

I think your right, she probably has info on more crimes. If there wasn't something there, why would there be a need to intimidate a witness? The gestures made towards her in the courtroom were obviously deemed threatening, even though the word threatening isn't used to describe those gestures in the article. But your not removed from a court room just for gestures in general, unless they are deemed threatening or vulgar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiosities