MS - Jessica Chambers, Panola County, Dec 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=twitter;919334513469247488]https://twitter.com/local24tish/status/919334513469247488[/video]

Defense tryn to poke holes in Rowlette's testimony about cell phone data that places Tellis & #JessicaChambers together @LocalMemphis

[video=twitter;919335133076967427]https://twitter.com/local24tish/status/919335133076967427[/video]

Judge said court will go til 8pm tonight. Most likely have court tomorrow. State expected to rest soon. #JessicaChambers @LocalMemphis

I just don't know! With all the females we know who were texting QT that night, I doubt very much he killed Jessica soley because she refused to have sex with him. ex from several different females.
<snip>
They were calling/texting him constantly. I'm just not sure, I need to think more deeply into this--one thing I'm certain of, the name "Eric" sends chills up my spine---"ERIC DID THIS TO ME" *shudders*

From the beginning both Thompson and Champion felt this was very personal.
That perp(s) were local and this was not their first murder.

In Louisiana the Chinese graduate student Mandy was stabbed 20 + times. Most of the wounds were intended to prolong her torment,fear and suffering. I believe the detective in Louisiana said only a couple of the wounds were unsurvivable or were mortal wounds.

I believe QT got a thrill out of the torture and pain his victims suffered. Both Mandy and Jessica's deaths were personal according to LE. Were they personal because of the thrill QT got from knowing how much each suffered before death?

Remember Jessica softly murmuring to 1st responders,"Help Me" "I am going to die".

In the lengthy torture of Mandy she must have anticipated with every single stab of QT knife that she was going to die.

Perhaps he taunted them with it as he was pouring the gasoline or inflicting wound after wound with his knife that they were as good as dead.

A thrill kill is the only MO that makes sense to me.

:cow:

One of JC's reason's for not wanting to go over and give QT some loving was because QT's mother and Sister were home though. She didn't flat out say ....NO to him. That makes me think that she would have driven over to his house if they weren't home and well, we know what he wanted. I'm more inclined to believe they were more than business associates, I think same goes for the other females too. MOO

^^ RBBM

She was polite about No. She went easy on letting him know that she was Not interested in him sexually.

This may have worked for her with other males in the past.

She may not have learned yet or been able to strongly assert No in sexual situations (still young), or it may have been more difficult for her due to simply her temperament.

The jury may well get an instruction that if they believe QT was not alone when JC was burned and if they believe QT was there, even if he didn't personally pour gasoline and light the match (or lighter) he is still guilty of murder through the felony murder ("acting in concert") rule that states have. It might be called something different in MS but it means "hand of one, hand of all."

So perhaps there is an "Eric" or "Derick" who was also involved, but they have proof of QT being with JC around the time of her murder, and I don't know how that can be ignored.

i believe in a few cases I i have seen that is called "joint venture" and will be interested to see if they charge it that way...hopefully t hey do in case there is anyone with any doubt...Eric would not be a factor.

^^ RBBM

She was polite about No. She went easy on letting him know that she was Not interested in him sexually.

This may have worked for her with other males in the past.

She may not have learned yet or been able to strongly assert No in sexual situations (still young), or it may have been more difficult for her due to simply her temperament.
She could have said, "I'm not ready to sleep with you yet" "Give me more time"...that is one of the most polite ways of rejecting a males sexual advances...and only one polite way, I can think of several. Your mother and sister are home...is not one of them. Sorry I lean more towards that meaning, "I'd come over and give you some loving, but since your mother and sister are home, no way, they would freak out." JC was young, yes, but I have a hard time believing she wouldn't know how to turn a guy down politely. :thinking:

What is happening in the courtroom please? Got a little distracted there! No tweets have come through for quite some time either! :(

The Judge is trying his hardest to stick with it at this late hour on a Saturday evening.
I adore the little guy who stands all day to guard on the Judge's left side. He appears to have a permanent grin so I get confused when looking at him in case I missed any humor.
Judge also informed Jury they have prepared a devotional hour tomorrow. On female juror spoke a soft, thank you.

Screenshot (118).jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot (117).jpg
    Screenshot (117).jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 26
The Judge is trying his hardest to stick with it at this late hour on a Saturday evening.
I adore the little guy who stands all day to guard on the Judge's left side. He appears to have a permanent grin so I get confused when looking at him in case I missed any humor.
Judge also informed Jury they have prepared a devotional hour tomorrow. On female juror spoke a soft, thank you.

View attachment 124715

Thanks so much, DeDee!!

Poor Judge! He certainly looks tired! :( It's been another long, sad day for all. :(

RSBM. I know, I love that guy :). He's a trooper, standing all day.

This defense attorney's voice is soothing to me.....I'd be falling asleep.

I'm really impressed with the jurors' endurance.

I don&#8217;t believe QT&#8217;s glasses are props, he has them on in his vinelink mugshot.
QT is quite the mystery to me, he comes across so calm and easy going, soft spoken, if it&#8217;s him, he sure does hide his evil side well.
These people are phone addicts, it&#8217;s quite telling he does not answer his cell phone for a segment of time that evening.
The &#8220;Eric&#8221; with unknown last name just bothers me to no end, I cannot imagine JC making this up on her deathbed.
I just wish QT would come clean with the &#8220;rest of the story&#8221;, it may be true he is not the killer, but knows what happened.
Jmo

[I took a short 15 minute break and started video where I left off.]

The FBI Agent Todd created a board/chart in the War Room that included ALL of the Eric's and Derrick's they could, should and would contact. The board stayed there for months due to those names being their primary focus.

100s [later says 300] of Eric's and Derrick's in 5 - 6 counties were analyzed. Eliminated them in first few months.

Paul read first responders statements and interviews. Reiterates 796 pages of data from JCs phone.

Defense: JCs dying declaration was Eric or Derrick.

In their final analysis, the name became irrelevant to their investigation.

Paul was dedicated solely to JCs case for long time then, a couple of other murders occurred that he became involved with assisting. However, did not leave JCs until after it became obvious who committed the crime.

From earlier in day:
Expert's software costs $7000 annually and requires an annual training session. Few Intelligence Analysis experts use the software due to the cost.

Witness:

To be frank, we were never sure the sex he described earlier had ever occurred

We think it's possible t scenario he described occurred that evening (position of seat, clothing she had on, where they went)

Did anyone claim they were having sex? No, we have no other evidence to support that

Witness says he thought it was possible she was saying, Tellis

Witness mentions responders had also said JC said Yombers, Tabers (for her last name), and Courtney, Katina, Katrina (for her first name)

WOW that re-direct was so so good! Powerful. Succinct. Right on point. He didn't mince any words.

IMO the interactions leading up to the murder don't suggest any premeditation, which makes me think this was a spontaneous event. In that light, an attempted sexual assault makes the most sense. QT was persistently asking for sex from JC. I believe he simply got tired of being denied and decided to take what he felt he was owed. During or after that assault, JC was incapacitated for a period of time while QT left to get the gasoline. We heard from testimony there was no evidence of blunt trauma to JC, and no evidence of physical restraint, so suffocation seems most likely to me. QT likely thought she was dead already, and figured he needed to destroy evidence of the "murder". In doing so, he committed the very crime he thought he was covering up.

I still believe the "Eric" issue is simply a reflection of JC's physical and mental state. She was high, had been suffocated into unconsciousness, doused with gasoline and set on fire. It was stated in testimony she mispronounced her own last name, and answered the question of "Eric's" last name with "Eric". She was fighting for her life; she was disoriented, frightened and in unimaginable pain. I don't think she was able to articulate anything close to normally. I also think the evidence presented by the prosecution is highly compelling, and, for me, would be enough to render a guilty verdict.

That being said, the defense still gets to present their side. Maybe they've got some compelling arguments of their own. However, unless they can explain away all QT's lies and all the cell phone/timeline evidence, I can't see how anyone can have reasonable doubt that QT was primarily (and, very likely, solitarily) involved in this horrific deed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Epiphany and DeDee!!!

Who is the witness on stand that you're referring to please?

Defense brings up that JCs phone went missing for some time.

US Marshall's dumped JCs phone. They sent it to him although they were all in the War Room.

Defense bringing up cell phone data accuracy. Paul had to tell her he did not say a point she mentioned.

A cone on the cell tower RRTs (pings) map is a sector. QTs phone would quickly change towers. From his home tower on Shiloh Rd to town of Batesville.

Oh, dear. Here comes the work product. Several versions created.

[Computer is running hot]

:happydance: I don't believe it...a tweet as come through!! :clap:

[video=twitter;919353035389919232]https://twitter.com/local24tish/status/919353035389919232[/video]

Ok court adjourned. Resume tomorrow at 1pm. Expect closing arguments. #JessicaChambers @LocalMemphis

:( *I was so excited there for a min.*

Cross of today's witness on stand was rather on the weak side imo

Anyone else think so, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics