GUILTY MS - Linda Reed for embezzlement, Copiah County, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If no one else had any control over the PC then it's quite possible....as stated by the Sheriff, but is that really true? There should have been approvals set in place to authorize her giving out the petty cash, ie; person's supervisor or the owner himself...along with needed receipts. It would have been so wrong for her to manage the petty cash and be allowed the sole approval of disbursements. Saying that schlepping over $20K in one year from a petty cash is quite a fete, imo.
Saying it and proving it are two different things....and, yes agree, I'd like to see the audit trail also. She's sadly gone and can't defend herself, imo.

I could certainly see motive if she was a caretaker of two adults...and had to travel to do so...it could have taken it's toll on her, imo. I could see that...she was no spring chicken herself. The economy started tanking in 2009 also and would be curious for motive there...Linda or the company. But she needs to be found one way or the other. She could have bought new reader glasses, a new disposable phone that evening....but that should have been within the investigation and known by now. What have LE found in regards to computers and phone records? How thoroughly was her trailer and car processed?

If she left the vehicle where it was found, then it's obivious if she absconded, she had an assistant..so how did they communicate? Don't think she walked to oblivion.
The other business owned by the family and the father's residence was only a mile from where her car was found also.

Was there anyone else in the area that disappeared, moved, left their job, etc around the same time?

Things just aren't adding up, imo. No pun intended.

JMO, MOO, etc.

Maybe be time for a PI to add their two cents sometimes they show up in these cases. If this business is a pillar in the community, provide employment and show support the local political climate faithfully...well maybe the hard questions are not being asked by LE. Not right but happens. Big City or small Town...imo and just sayin.

I am not believing the newest claim of Linda's embezzlement. Not for one minute. Someone has set this lady up and I swear the BS in this case gets deeper by the second. I don't know Linda at all, but I know her family. There is no reason at all for her to have done all of this for 20K. If I were an embezzeler...I'd be going for alot more than 20K. Given everything that she had to lose........

I am not believing the newest claim of Linda's embezzlement. Not for one minute. Someone has set this lady up and I swear the BS in this case gets deeper by the second. I don't know Linda at all, but I know her family. There is no reason at all for her to have done all of this for 20K. If I were an embezzeler...I'd be going for alot more than 20K. Given everything that she had to lose........

I think that this is the point that everyone agrees with, for that paultry sum its just not worth the trouble unless you were in dire financial trouble? JMO

Well said! I agree completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to post that I get news alerts from WLBT 3. I just received one stating that Sheriff Harold Jones is holding a news conference this afternoon about this case. You can go to wlbt.com.

Just wanted to post that I get news alerts from WLBT 3. I just received one stating that Sheriff Harold Jones is holding a news conference this afternoon about this case. You can go to wlbt.com.[/QUOTE]

Please keep us posted, as its bed time here lol.

yeah, if anything I can see someone else taking the $20,000 and Linda finding out about it.

Like everyone here has said- she had a lot to lose for gaining a mere $20,000. Her family, her home and for an amount that would last most people about a year or less.

I saw the headline on that local news link and just about keeled over.

What does this mean?

Thankfully it sounds like she is alive (thank goodness)!
But where has she been? What has been going on? You can knock me over with a feather....
:eek:hwow:

Oh My! No!

ETA: Glad for her family that she is alive but....wow. I was 100% convinced this lady was killed and hidden. Wow.....I am speechless.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn
Back