GUILTY MS - Linda Reed for embezzlement, Copiah County, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She also told everyone that her kids had disowned her in favor of her ex-husband, their step-father.

OH MY GOODNESS!! After all this time, I almost missed this case update because I was so intently following the Jessica Ridgeway suspect's arrest.

I cannot believe Linda has been located. I owe LE a big apology. I thought they were dragging their feet....but obviously they knew alot more than I did!

I feel terrible for her family. I'm sure they feel betrayed....because, believe it or not, I feel a little bit that way too. I'm anxious to hear more about Linda's case as time goes by. So happy she has been located....I know the people who love her most are filled with relief and also pain.

Wlbt ran a story from a sister station in TX where her new employer was interviewed. Supposedly, she claimed she was running from an abusive ex-husband and that's why they couldn't run a background check. Her story didn't add up with her co-workers because she wasn't telling the same story to everyone. One of her co-workers was curious enough to google her last week and found the whole story. She called the sheriff and reported her.

:what:
And..... I bet a google search led him/her to WS!!!!

I can't help wondering if the abused woman defense is going to be used...

Also wonder what she would have done if someone had been charged on suspicion of murdering her?

Wlbt ran a story from a sister station in TX where her new employer was interviewed. Supposedly, she claimed she was running from an abusive ex-husband and that's why they couldn't run a background check. Her story didn't add up with her co-workers because she wasn't telling the same story to everyone. One of her co-workers was curious enough to google her last week and found the whole story. She called the sheriff and reported her.

Invite that woman to join WS!!!!!! That is awesome.

I will admit, I've really been undecided on this case. And had not-very-nice thoughts about her employers. A GIGANTIC mea culpa to them.

I 'bout spit out my Diet Pepsi when the 'found alive' post showed up on my screen. Shocked is not even CLOSE to my reaction.

I can't help wondering if the abused woman defense is going to be used...

Also wonder what she would have done if someone had been charged on suspicion of murdering her?

She was saying her X husband was causing the abuse. ??? We have never heard of her saying she was being abused by anyone. Did she tell anyone about this? If so, then the sheriff would have heard about it by now. Still.. no excuse for robbing her employer of 13 years.

Makes it bad for those who have been abused...imo.

Attorney wants medical evaluation for Linda Gale Reed

Her attorney said Friday he wants to get a medical evaluation for Reed because he believes she has some "mental issues."
The attorney also said the accounting at Moore Fabrications was done haphazardly. Reeves said he hasn't seen any proof that Reed has taken any money, and Reed wasn't found with any money.
Reed was working two jobs, including one at a car dealership. She had also joined a church and was attending on a regular basis, Reeves said.

http://www.wlbt.com/story/19924896/linda-gale-reed-denied-bond

Not the outcome I expected, but I am just very happy she is alive -- crimes committed or not.

Just wow.

Attorney wants medical evaluation for Linda Gale Reed

Her attorney said Friday he wants to get a medical evaluation for Reed because he believes she has some "mental issues."
The attorney also said the accounting at Moore Fabrications was done haphazardly. Reeves said he hasn't seen any proof that Reed has taken any money, and Reed wasn't found with any money.
Reed was working two jobs, including one at a car dealership. She had also joined a church and was attending on a regular basis, Reeves said.

http://www.wlbt.com/story/19924896/linda-gale-reed-denied-bond

Lordy Mercy....... No comment.

Here is the interview with the employers in TX: http://m.wdam.com/autojuice?targetU...ng-mississippi-woman-hiding-out-in-etx-speaks

You can already hear the attorney making his case that something just "isn't right" about Mrs Linda.... I understand his job is going to be to get her off, however, she knew enough to make sure she got a job without them running a background check. She left her family (which was my sticking point) and then lied and said they had taken her abusive husband's side and had basically disowned her. How do you think they feel reading that or watching the interview? They are guilty of loving this woman and tirelessly searching for her. She did the perp walk back from her arraignment and tried to hide her face. The first thought I had was she knew exactly what she had done and felt shame....only because she got caught.

She was saying her X husband was causing the abuse. ??? We have never heard of her saying she was being abused by anyone. Did she tell anyone about this? If so, then the sheriff would have heard about it by now. Still.. no excuse for robbing her employer of 13 years.

Makes it bad for those who have been abused...imo.

She told her new co-workers she was abused; not clear on who she said caused it, but I think she tossed her kids under the bus in some way too.

She told her new co-workers she was abused; not clear on who she said caused it, but I think she tossed her kids under the bus in some way too.

Her boss did say her husband. I got the info about the X from a poster who had heard on a live news broadcast. Wasn't there something about some property being sold back early in the threads? I need to go back and see if I can find that.

The owner of Walton Automotive says Linda was referred to him by a friend...I wonder who that was?

The owner of Walton Automotive says Linda was referred to him by a friend...I wonder who that was?

Maybe a friend who works at the shelter or has used it. I wonder if she spun the abuse story to a women's shelter. That way she could explain why she had no car, no clothes, no purse etc. just turned up and said she fled without anything. I assume they would 'help her get back on her feet' by helping her get a job, clothes etc. she may have told her employer she was staying at a shelter because of domestic violence so they agreed not to run checks on her because it sounded legit because she was at the shelter?

Kind of OT but her daughter in law sounds really sweet. I would be furious if my MIL pulled a stunt like that and led me to worry and grieve for her.

BBM

Maybe a friend who works at the shelter or has used it. I wonder if she spun the abuse story to a women's shelter. That way she could explain why she had no car, no clothes, no purse etc. just turned up and said she fled without anything. I assume they would 'help her get back on her feet' by helping her get a job, clothes etc. she may have told her employer she was staying at a shelter because of domestic violence so they agreed not to run checks on her because it sounded legit because she was at the shelter?

Kind of OT but her daughter in law sounds really sweet. I would be furious if my MIL pulled a stunt like that and led me to worry and grieve for her.

She had a car.

Wednesday night, following an overnight surveillance on a condominium in Longview, Texas, authorities picked up Reed on a traffic stop. She was driving a car they said she owned while she lived in Mississippi....

http://www.clarionledger.com/articl...iah-County-embezzlement-case?odyssey=nav|head

Maybe she does have some mental issue...it is such an extreme thing to do. Not so much the money, but letting her kids be frantic for 7 months, and setting it up to look like she had been abducted. Not exactly "normal" behavior.

Doesnt change much really, except then she would have said "I fled with nothing but my car".

I would not be surprised if Ms. Reed was found to have some kind of mental or emotional problem. For a person who has had a steady and fairly uneventful life, Ms. Reed is acting downright strange, if not criminal.

Our little city is going through a real struggle right now as 3 police officers, 1 captain with the sheriff's office, and 2 citizens have been arrested in some type of theft scheme and money laundering. This is a small city with about 6,000 people....so you can imagine the shock when the FBI raided the town last week. Everyone knows these people and their families and we have heard there is more to come. Its hard to take in the fact that people you love and respect can, and do, make mistakes of gigantic proportions.

You never know what someone will do or not do. Temptation is out there everywhere. If Ms. Reed has embezzled money, then she must face punishment. But I would certainly want to know that she is mentally and emotionally fit....not just for legal purposes, but also for her family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb
Back