GUILTY MS - Linda Reed for embezzlement, Copiah County, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So much for investigative reporting these days. Embezzling and/or running away appear to be speculation at this point. I wonder who gave the WLBT reporter that idea? Also, I believe the report to be inaccurate when stating LR was last heard from at Walmart. Sloppy reporting, to say the least. IMO.

LE is investigating a missing persons case. They either have no leads or are being tight lipped about what they have. IMO

I have to say this is one of the strangest cases I have seen. Hoping for some type of confirmation or statement about Linda being alive in Mexico.

So much for investigative reporting these days. Embezzling and/or running away appear to be speculation at this point. I wonder who gave the WLBT reporter that idea? Also, I believe the report to be inaccurate when stating LR was last heard from at Walmart. Sloppy reporting, to say the least. IMO.

LE is investigating a missing persons case. They either have no leads or are being tight lipped about what they have. IMO

I think one thing you have to think about is this is a small, tight knit community. The news media is going to have a hard time finding anyone who will tell them anything. You have to see these people on a regular basis. Most of our kids, including LGR's grandkids, go to the same private school. The community may be split regarding LGR innocence/guilt, however we are in agreement on one thing. Her family is is innocent. Her kids, in-laws and grandkids do not deserve this and they certainly do not deserve any more crap that the media has thrown at them.

As I said, it is a county of small towns. I know, personally, several people involved with the investigation. I am also friends with someone whose security camera managed to get some valuable images. Most of us have some information that we probably shouldn't be privy to. I try not to believe the stuff I hear everywhere, but when I hear it from a trustworthy source (like someone who is directly involved in the investigation) I tend to trust that source. I don't believe the embezzlement charge is speculaton. I do believe that information will be made public one day and it will not be a paltry sum.

When they first reported their story as having found LGR they named the source as being in LE. I believed they had found her. Then it changed to someone close to the investigation and I thought, mmmkkkkkaaaaayyyy......maybe a dispatcher. When it changed to unnamed source and all the backlash hit, I knew it was a crock of you know what!

I almost fell out of my chair when I read that LR had been found in Acapulco and arrested. Now seems not to be true. Talk about some strange twists and turns. :what:
Just a thought, could it be possible she's using another name now, perhaps with fake ID, and that may be why nothing has been confirmed?

It seems like there are two possibilities right now. One is that she was spotted in Mexico and the FBI would not confirm it because they did not want her to know that they were on her trail. The other possibility is that the reporter published an unsubstantiated rumor that has proven to be completely false. The truth lies in the source, who isn't named. Unless the source agrees to be named after the fact, the reporter has lost all credibility. If I was his boss, I'd have a long meeting with the guy to determine what went wrong, and that meeting might end with him packing his stuff. There are plenty of talented reporters out there, and most of them aren't going to harm the station's credibility.

It seems like there are two possibilities right now. One is that she was spotted in Mexico and the FBI would not confirm it because they did not want her to know that they were on her trail. The other possibility is that the reporter published an unsubstantiated rumor that has proven to be completely false. The truth lies in the source, who isn't named. Unless the source agrees to be named after the fact, the reporter has lost all credibility. If I was his boss, I'd have a long meeting with the guy to determine what went wrong, and that meeting might end with him packing his stuff. There are plenty of talented reporters out there, and most of them aren't going to harm the station's credibility.

They could have covered themselves just by stating that "there have been unconfimed reports ...." . I wonder why they didn't.

I'm thinking that they must have had good reason to trust their source. They didn't just claim that she had been sighted in Mexico, but also, that she had been arrested. They have not apologized, so maybe they think they shouldn't have to, if their (legitimate) source recanted.

I agree, their credibility is at stake here, so I hope we learn more about what really happened (although not holding my breath :) )

Wow! I haven't been able to come here since last week and come back more confused and intrigued than ever. I hope and pray Linda is indeed alive and well no matter the circumstances. My heart breaks for this family having to endure unsubstantiated reports along with the nightmare of having their family member missing. It's been a few days since that WLBT report first broke and no recant or confirmation either way... so weird! I hope we all get the real story one day with the ending of Linda at least being alive and safe.

O/T ~ :seeya: to all my Mississippi neighbors.

I think one thing you have to think about is this is a small, tight knit community. The news media is going to have a hard time finding anyone who will tell them anything. You have to see these people on a regular basis. Most of our kids, including LGR's grandkids, go to the same private school. The community may be split regarding LGR innocence/guilt, however we are in agreement on one thing. Her family is is innocent. Her kids, in-laws and grandkids do not deserve this and they certainly do not deserve any more crap that the media has thrown at them.

As I said, it is a county of small towns. I know, personally, several people involved with the investigation. I am also friends with someone whose security camera managed to get some valuable images. Most of us have some information that we probably shouldn't be privy to. I try not to believe the stuff I hear everywhere, but when I hear it from a trustworthy source (like someone who is directly involved in the investigation) I tend to trust that source. I don't believe the embezzlement charge is speculaton. I do believe that information will be made public one day and it will not be a paltry sum.

When they first reported their story as having found LGR they named the source as being in LE. I believed they had found her. Then it changed to someone close to the investigation and I thought, mmmkkkkkaaaaayyyy......maybe a dispatcher. When it changed to unnamed source and all the backlash hit, I knew it was a crock of you know what!

OT

The thanks button was just not enough. Thank you, NancyDrew2, for expressing how the tight knit community is embracing the family with love and concern. I grew up in a small, rural town and I remember a time when an upstanding citizen embezzled then skipped the country. He was eventually found and returned to serve time for his criminal activity. He received forgiveness from his family and friends, and to this day, is still incarcerated, but receives regular visits from his loved ones and friends.

One of the best outcomes in the LR mysterious disappearance is that she disappeared on her own, for whatever reasons, and is alive and safe, somewhere. Not privy to her family, social and professional dynamics, forming opinions and speculating based on the limited information there is in the press is challenging.

Is it just me becoming aware, or are there more and more cases where individual's vehicles are found near interstates and they are missing? It is hard for me to comprehend an intentional disappearance in that manner.

OT

Is it just me becoming aware, or are there more and more cases where individual's vehicles are found near interstates and they are missing? It is hard for me to comprehend an intentional disappearance in that manner.

I have been surprised myself how often this happens. I have been looking at some old disappearances and this has happened pretty often.

I hope this whole Mexico thing has not seriously derailed LE's investigation (if untrue).

Whatever way it all happened and if it's true that she's in Mexico or another place for that matter, I am glad she is alive.

We see so many cases of missing persons that have never be solved. I was so hoping in the beginning that she would be found safe. If it had been a different outcome, and she was kidnapped and never found, that would have made me more worried about her supposed disappearance. I'll continue to wait for more news to come out, and if it does, I would like to know the whole story.

I was reading on WLBT's fb page earlier under the story: Missing Woman's Stepson Contacts WLBT. There were a couple of interesting theories posted under the comments section. Someone stated they lived at the border of Mexico at one time and "police officers" are very broad terms. It's actually someone who goes and buys a badge and declares they are a police officer. I have family members who lived on the border of Mexico and worked in Mexico and said that is very true. If she was "arrested" by one of those "officers" or has been intercepted by one of those "officers" that is why there is no record if she had a large sum of cash as originally reported. Also, another person noticed the FBI is the only organization that has not denied her being in custody. They are sticking with "no comment". Could they be doing that for her own protection (or other unknown reasons) as of right now?
Just food for thought.

The newest report here: http://m.wlbt.com/autojuice?targetU...eds-disappearance-still-a-missing-person-case

After reading and disecting every.single.word..... I hope that the U.S. Consular stating that they have no one by that name in any of their prisons is just them not wanting to say, for whatever reason, that she had a new identity and they actually have Jane Doe (who they think really is LGR) but are waiting to confirm her ID.

That would be a whole lot better than still missing or dead....

Note the statement " no one by that name was being held."

So could LR be under a new identity? New name, changed hair color, etc.? Making it more difficult to identify her? :dunno:

Sheriff: Reed's disappearance still a missing person case
By Howard Ballou

Sources have told 3 On Your Side Reed had been found alive in Mexico, but the U. S. Consular there emailed us saying no one by that name was being held.

http://m.wlbt.com/autojuice?targetU...eds-disappearance-still-a-missing-person-case

The newest report here: http://m.wlbt.com/autojuice?targetU...eds-disappearance-still-a-missing-person-case

After reading and disecting every.single.word..... I hope that the U.S. Consular stating that they have no one by that name in any of their prisons is just them not wanting to say, for whatever reason, that she had a new identity and they actually have Jane Doe (who they think really is LGR) but are waiting to confirm her ID.

That would be a whole lot better than still missing or dead....

She has been married several times right? My guess is that she could be using one of her old names, and that is why they are saying there is no one by that name in any of their prisons.

But again, if she is in jail under a different name, they could have identified her by now, by taking photos and fingerprints.

It's also possible that she had been temporarily detained at the border due to the amount of money she was carrying and then released because no-one of that name was found to be on the wanted list.

If this is true, that her vehicle and another were caught on surveillance leaving together, well, I just find it hard to believe they were that stupid, because as long as she had worked there she had to have known about the cameras.

I also wonder what items she purchased at WalMart. Could hair dye have been one of them?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob
Back