MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the stars come up, that means that the site is unlinkable from WS. Not necessarily that we can't discuss it, just can't link it. If ever you have a question about what or what not to post, you can always "alert" your own post for a mod to review. Hth!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

If the stars come up, that means that the site is unlinkable from WS. Not necessarily that we can't discuss it, just can't link it. If ever you have a question about what or what not to post, you can always "alert" your own post for a mod to review. Hth!

How do you do that please? The part about "alert" your own post for a mod? I am unclear about facebook and what is or is not allowed to be posted or discussed.

Oh and I also have a question about if we are allowed to discuss the mom's grocery shopping timeline because she isn't named suspect.

I'm on my phone, but I can do it by highlighting the post, clicking the drop down menu at the top right hand corner, and clicking report. However, I also use Tapatalk. On your computer, I believe its a red exclamation point or triangle on the top right of the post.

We are not allowed to sleuth the parents, unless and until they are named as suspects in MSM, which they have not. Websleuths is considered victim friendly. Only the FB account for the missing person may be mentioned, but then only paraphrased and linked. Anything that is not considered mainstream media is considered rumor. Soliciting for funds is not allowed, either.

It takes awhile to get used to the TOS. The moderators and members are very helpful if you have any concerns.

Again, welcome!!

[modsnip]

For now I will go back to reading as I think all other questions or comments I have would overstep policy.

No offense taken, and again thank you. I do so appreciate the up-to-date information. If I have anything else to add which I think would be allowed I will join back in.

Welcome msmamanana :) You will get used to things quickly, no worries :)

We don't discuss any fund raising, not even to question it, unless it has been noted in main stream media (MSM) or by LE.

You will be fine, don't worry and post away. The mods will help you anytime.

Salem

How do you do that please? The part about "alert" your own post for a mod? I am unclear about facebook and what is or is not allowed to be posted or discussed.

Hi FindingtheMissing - as one of our other members noted, the parents are not sleuthable unless they are named as POI/suspect by LE.

The timeline, in general, regarding what Myra was doing, etc. can be discussed, but picking apart mom's activities cannot be at this point in time.

Salem

Are you allowed to give a hint on how to find the parents fb pages? The names are pretty common so I'm struggling.

NVM found it :)

Hi FindingtheMissing - as one of our other members noted, the parents are not sleuthable unless they are named as POI/suspect by LE.

The timeline, in general, regarding what Myra was doing, etc. can be discussed, but picking apart mom's activities cannot be at this point in time.

Salem

Thank you and in that case I might have a post (a few back) that is against the rules in which I was discussing the mom's activities. Sorry! I will stick to the rules from this point on though.

I think I better understand the limitations here now.

As a general comment, the main stream media doesn't report a lot of things.

As another comment, in my experience, law enforcement often doesn't look at anything on the internet. It seems to terrify them, locally at least. Once a person appeared on the "Most Wanted" list. It took me 5 minutes to find the person's facebook page which listed their employer with physical address. It also included photos of them at work, photos in pubs and restaurants, and statements about what their plans were for the day. I attempted to report it to three different agencies, none of which would take the report. One agency I physically drove to and spoke with the Commander...who didn't know how to open facebook, was scared to try, and said, "somebody somewhere knows about this already and they will take care of it". I even contacted the television station who released the Most Wanted list to ask them where to report it..."Iono". Guy's luck day...to be on the Most Wanted list, publicly sharing his high times daily...and no one in law enforcement will take a report.

Hopefully the FBI is a little better with social media and this case is being looked at from that angle.

In case you are not familiar with facebook, [modsnip], people have friends and relatives who are generally called "friends". Friends and relatives have a thing called a "page" with snippets called "statuses". In these statuses they often mention where they go, what they do, other people they know or are related to; and they may even list activities and organizations they are involved in. Facebook also utilizes photos which can be visually informative. :)

(This post may also be educational to any law enforcement officials who are reading.)

I've wondered the same thing about the digging. Putting pressure maybe?

Yes, I wondered the same thing. I am grateful for their thoroughness. Every angle is worth following through. But if she is not there, which I am still PRAYING, digging won't work. Keep looking other places too.

Oh no, don't think I can take much more. Myra, where are you?

I think I SO badly don't want her to be there.

Have any of you all ever seen these people? Missing since Feb 24 maybe?

1926813_827846033898734_304370609_n.jpg

I keep telling myself to stop reading now bc I imagine we all have a pretty good idea of what's coming next. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In case you are not familiar with facebook, CrystalAnn, people have friends and relatives who are generally called "friends". Friends and relatives have a thing called a "page" with snippets called "statuses". In these statuses they often mention where they go, what they do, other people they know or are related to; and they may even list activities and organizations they are involved in. Facebook also utilizes photos which can be visually informative. :)

(This post may also be educational to any law enforcement officials who are reading.)

I think you should send any info that can help to crime stoppers.... you can email them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member