MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My congrats to you as well. I too am always shocked even though I feel as though it keeps happening. The thing that bothers me with what I know so far as how this little one was left to be on her own to go in the house to her dad. Mom didn't know dad's condition...was he sleeping, passed out, gone, etc. Dad then didn't know the child was missing until noon and was then told she was with mom. He didn't call to confirm. Then nothing happens until 3 and they talk and still don't call police til 4, while looking. All of these details, upset me, make me sad, angry, mad and many other things. She is 2. Two years old and needs an adult to care for her 24/7 and because of this she is now missing.

I would never in a million years watch my two year old niece walk in the door with her older brother to another adult. Never in a million years. I am seriously distraught over this, as I am sure many other WS's are and it upsets me to read some of the comments in MSM. I wish they would be focusing on how sad they are about missing Myra instead of just welfare fraud, not a criminal, wanting their money, complaining about LE. My family, as well as all of you work hard and when people just lie about welfare fraud, well that is OUR money. Last time I checked, a convicted felon IS a criminal.

Prayers are with you Myra.

Well said.
Agreed.
Ditto.

Dear MSM: Keep asking the family questions. Video the dad again (didn't buy the first one). I truly believe their response will reveal more leads than we've gotten over the past 2 weeks.

The fam is losing credibility with me by the nanosecond. The entitlement mentality is getting old quick. When I see them hitting the streets looking for Myra, I may change my opinion. I guess everyone else should be doing this for them? Dad searched using the SUV until it stalled...how do we know it ever cranked? How much footage has been shown of this family looking for Myra, hitting the streets day in day out, pleas for the abductor (since they are convinced it's a kidnapping) to return Myra. Please link the footage for me if it is there and I will revise my post and apologize.

There are some good statement analysis sites out there on this family, especially Dad. Not sure if they can be posted here, so I didn't link. Very easy to google. Hopefully LE is taking note...

JMO...

Wait a minute. First, thank you for sharing that there are such sites as I just discovered them. However, useful that may be I am reading some stuff that is WAY missing the mark.

I need to see the video of the dad again, specifically the one where a woman in a head scarf speaks. (I need help finding it.)

There is a vast cultural void apparently between some of the people who are doing the analysis and the people they are analyzing.

In rural Mississippi, a woman in a head scarf does not indicate they are Muslim. I need to see this scarf. Some women just like the look of tribal apparel, while my child's school handbook specifically specifies "No do-rags." But suddenly in the discussion of their language analysis the mom becomes Muslim and therefore is too oppressed to speak in public. Missing the mark badly.

Cultural differences are also in my opinion causing gross misanalysis of some of the the words that were spoken. I don't know where these people are from who are discussing it but it's my opinion most of them have never set foot in the south.

Does anyone have the link to the dad's video? Thank you in advance.

Wait a minute. First, thank you for sharing that there are such sites as I just discovered them. However, useful that may be I am reading some stuff that is WAY missing the mark.

I need to see the video of the dad again, specifically the one where a woman in a head scarf speaks. (I need help finding it.)

There is a vast cultural void apparently between some of the people who are doing the analysis and the people they are analyzing.

In rural Mississippi, a woman in a head scarf does not indicate they are Muslim. I need to see this scarf. Some women just like the look of tribal apparel, while my child's school handbook specifically specifies "No do-rags." But suddenly in the discussion of their language analysis the mom becomes Muslim and therefore is too oppressed to speak in public. Missing the mark badly.

Cultural differences are also in my opinion causing gross misanalysis of some of the the words that were spoken. I don't know where these people are from who are discussing it but it's my opinion most of them have never set foot in the south.

This struck me as funny because I live so close. They are not Muslim. My coworker goes to their Christian church. Head scarves are common here among black women usually because they either have hair in rollers or has not been "done". Sometimes they wear "African" appearing ones but it usually doesn't mean anything. Mississippi is a very behind the times place. There is a very divided culture here. I can say it because I live here. Black people I rural areas do not like or trust police or white people in general. I can say there is some of the same distrust with white people. General dislike across the board. My husband is federal LE here. Most rural or city black people do not call the police very often especially if they have warrants. I would not be surprised if someone in the family had accidentally injured the child and now nobody is talking to protect that person especially if they are the breadwinner. I am NOT ACCUSING ANYONE OF ANYTHING just speaking to the culture here. Let me say again... The police are NOT trusted. Mississippi has a terrible history that explains why. However it would also not surprise me if extended family had Myra for some unknown family dispute reason like the little girl that was kidnapped from her school over a land dispute. It would be very hard to return her now since the FBI is involved... Just thought I would give my input. I live less than 30 minutes from the family's town. ( not born or raised here but here for 6 yrs)
I am generalizing and this opinion is observation but does not apply to all people in Mississippi. Just my opinion. If you doubt me look at some of the commentary from Kenneth stokes on WLBT.

Thank you! Lots of good info about this town.

Being nosey and all, I'd like to know exactly where mom when shopping that day because like someone mentioned up thread, stores have cameras...almost all stores have cameras.

I agree 100%. I'm not from MS but I did research early on as to what stores are close by. Someone local on the first thread mentioned Kroger and Walmart as being the big chains in the area. There is a Kroger that is a 40-45 minute drive away. There are several Walmarts also about the same distance. My guess is she'd have to have gone to one of these two. I know Walmart does have cameras, at least in my state. We don't have Kroger here so I can't say for sure, but what big chain store doesn't have them nowadays? I assuming LE has determined where she went and did review the footage. Or at least I would hope so anyway.

Also when I say to my husband I am going to "the store" that means I am going shopping. That could mean I am going to Belks+old navy+Tj maxx+ Kroger on the way out :)

THIS. THANK YOU for saying this. I am a native Mississippian living in central Mississippi, as well.

So funny that you mentioned Kenneth Stokes. I wanted to link to his newscast as an example of difficulty in language analysis but I just knew that would get censored right away. I seem to be breaking the rules and getting censored fairly frequently, lol. Not intentional.

Not that "poverty" necessarily applies to Myra's family, as I do not know their income level, but on "a popular video site", a search for "poverty in MS" brings up many videos with people in rural parts of MS. I mention this because it's culturally enlightening.

I was born and raised in MS. Live an hour's drive from Myra's home. I love my state, it's people, all it's depth and diversity. (Except for council member Stokes whom we could all do without.)

I agree 100%. I'm not from MS but I did research early on as to what stores are close by. Someone local on the first thread mentioned Kroger and Walmart as being the big chains in the area. There is a Kroger that is a 40-45 minute drive away. There are several Walmarts also about the same distance. My guess is she'd have to have gone to one of these two. I know Walmart does have cameras, at least in my state. We don't have Kroger here so I can't say for sure, but what big chain store doesn't have them nowadays? I assuming LE has determined where she went and did review the footage. Or at least I would hope so anyway.

That was me. I live about an hour away but still in the general metro area -sort of. There are probably also smaller groceries, as well. I'm not sure what they have over that way, but in the smaller towns you might have an IGA, a Super-Valu or a Piggly Wiggly.

For some reason I thought she SAID Walmart in the beginning. I have the worst computer so looking back through every news clip is terribly frustrating.

I am glad there are a few other people here who also have the local insight that I have of this case. I would probably feel very awkward otherwise.

It's important though in it's way in finding Myra in my opinion.

For some reason I thought she SAID Walmart in the beginning. I have the worst computer so looking back through every news clip is terribly frustrating.

I am glad there are a few other people here who also have the local insight that I have of this case. I would probably feel very awkward otherwise.

It's important though in it's way in finding Myra in my opinion.

Yes so we all know you have to be super careful how you say things and words you use here or you will get a label slapped on you pretty quick ;) so I tread lightly. Honestly I usually avoid posting in local cases for this reason of having to "walk on eggshells" and censoring myself and opinions :)

I'm from right down the road as well. In regards to statement analysis...which i kind of started...
When slang, culture and apparel begin to be picked apart...I don't put much stock into it. However, some analyses i have read are fairly interesting. Choice of words when used to answer a question (not talking slang or culture) can certainly be informative. I have never reviewed the statement analysis perspective and am not sure how much weight it would hold...but I find that it is another interesting way to potentially pick up clues that may produce a lead.

This struck me as funny because I live so close. They are not Muslim. My coworker goes to their Christian church. Head scarves are common here among black women usually because they either have hair in rollers or has not been "done". Sometimes they wear "African" appearing ones but it usually doesn't mean anything. Mississippi is a very behind the times place. There is a very divided culture here. I can say it because I live here. Black people I rural areas do not like or trust police or white people in general. I can say there is some of the same distrust with white people. General dislike across the board. My husband is federal LE here. Most rural or city black people do not call the police very often especially if they have warrants. I would not be surprised if someone in the family had accidentally injured the child and now nobody is talking to protect that person especially if they are the breadwinner. I am NOT ACCUSING ANYONE OF ANYTHING just speaking to the culture here. Let me say again... The police are NOT trusted. Mississippi has a terrible history that explains why. However it would also not surprise me if extended family had Myra for some unknown family dispute reason like the little girl that was kidnapped from her school over a land dispute. It would be very hard to return her now since the FBI is involved... Just thought I would give my input. I live less than 30 minutes from the family's town. ( not born or raised here but here for 6 yrs)
I am generalizing and this opinion is observation but does not apply to all people in Mississippi. Just my opinion. If you doubt me look at some of the commentary from Kenneth stokes on WLBT.

Mississippi is a very diverse and complex place that I call home. Born and raised here, lived in other regions of the USA, came home to raise my children here and it was the best decision I could have made. Every state has a little of everything described above. Some more, some less. Yes, MS has issues. But we also have the most charitable people in the nation and we make the best of our situation. To one person it may be behind the times, to another it might be a slower pace that doesn't follow after the ways of others. It's all about perspective. Having said all this, I do strongly agree with much of what you said.

Can we link to youtube videos specifically pertaining to Myra's disappearance, such as newscasts and announcements by the founder of the Amber Alert System? If it's an official video is it considered SM because it's on youtube?

Example: (very useful information)
AMBER ALERT -- UPDATE CAMDEN , MISSISSIPPI for 2 year old Myra Lewis - YouTube

In the video he talks about the FBI dogs and family dogs tracing her scent to the edge of the road. I have looked and looked and looked...and I can still only find Myra's father saying that. I have not seen LE, or even an article mentioning anyone else saying that.

Until I hear that from a source not connected to the family, I don't think I believe it...

Myra,
Two weeks ago, you stole the hearts of many. Your precious little smile and crinkled nose are engrained in our minds. Your disappearance has made us cry, mad, search, think and determined. Your story has made me hug my children a little tighter. I don't know what you have been through or have endured, but you are being lifted up in prayer daily...multiple times daily. You have touched my life and I don't even know you.

I will do my part in looking for you and keeping your story alive. You deserve it.

In the video he talks about the FBI dogs and family dogs tracing her scent to the edge of the road. I have looked and looked and looked...and I can still only find Myra's father saying that. I have not seen LE, or even an article mentioning anyone else saying that.

Until I hear that from a source not connected to the family, I don't think I believe it...

I asked a similar question up thread and this is all that could be found.

"Lewis said the family's dogs, and the dogs used by police, picked up Myra's scent, which ended at the road."
http://m.wapt.com/news/parents-believe-2yearold-was-abducted/24780096

BBM

Parents believe missing girl was abducted
http://youtu.be/NumkpUCDOZU

JACKSON, Mississippi -- The massive search for a missing toddler in Madison County is now going nationwide. Deputies were back out at the house searching for clues and looking for missing 2-year-old Myra Lewis on Monday. The toddler has not been seen since Saturday. Deputies search for clues while her father passionately pleaded for the safe return of his baby girl. Just, just imagine the pain of a loved one being gone. We would love to have her home, Gregory Lewis, the girl's father, said. Family members say they think someone kidnapped Baby Myra. The toddler disappeared Saturday morning after her mother says she left her with her older sisters. But when she came back from the store, 2-year-old Myra was gone. We pray that they will have the compassion and love to release her whether they take her to the police department or to Wal-Mart, whatever they need to take her to so she can be home, Metsadah Alexander, a friend of the family, said. Lewis says he noticed Myra missing around noon. But he says other kids told him Myra was with their mother. They only realized she was gone when his came home around 3 p.m. That's when family members began a frantic search around the house. At 4 p.m. they called 9-1-1. Until we can prove or disprove one. Or another we still got to consider every possibility she may have wandered off, she may have been abducted. We just don't know at this point, Sheriff Randy Tucker with the Madison County Sheriff's Department said. Family members say Myra has bronchitis and was receiving breathing treatments. They are asking the community to pay attention to social media and to keep an eye out for the baby.

I think this is the video of the dad speaking. MOO

Thank you. I was just observing mom's expression. Is that sorrow? Fear? Confusion?
Dad is not acting like he's with her, at least he doesn't stand near her or look at her in this video.

Besides Myra of course, my heart is aching for whoever is innocent here.

Edited: Actually he does try to help her with the baby early in the video.

Parents believe missing girl was abducted
http://youtu.be/NumkpUCDOZU

JACKSON, Mississippi -- The massive search for a missing toddler in Madison County is now going nationwide. Deputies were back out at the house searching for clues and looking for missing 2-year-old Myra Lewis on Monday. The toddler has not been seen since Saturday. Deputies search for clues while her father passionately pleaded for the safe return of his baby girl. Just, just imagine the pain of a loved one being gone. We would love to have her home, Gregory Lewis, the girl's father, said. Family members say they think someone kidnapped Baby Myra. The toddler disappeared Saturday morning after her mother says she left her with her older sisters. But when she came back from the store, 2-year-old Myra was gone. We pray that they will have the compassion and love to release her whether they take her to the police department or to Wal-Mart, whatever they need to take her to so she can be home, Metsadah Alexander, a friend of the family, said. Lewis says he noticed Myra missing around noon. But he says other kids told him Myra was with their mother. They only realized she was gone when his came home around 3 p.m. That's when family members began a frantic search around the house. At 4 p.m. they called 9-1-1. Until we can prove or disprove one. Or another we still got to consider every possibility she may have wandered off, she may have been abducted. We just don't know at this point, Sheriff Randy Tucker with the Madison County Sheriff's Department said. Family members say Myra has bronchitis and was receiving breathing treatments. They are asking the community to pay attention to social media and to keep an eye out for the baby.

I think this is the video of the dad speaking. MOO
I watched the video and now have 10 questions I can't ask or talk about! :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx