MS MS - Rebecca Paulk, 26, Lauderdale County, 7 Sept 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Please take a minute to review TOS. I've removed a few posts. Until a POI is named by LE, we can't go there.

Social Media/Social Networking Links, e.g., Facebook and Twitter

Approved Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
  • Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them. Any exception must first be approved by an administrator or a moderator.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

May 5 – Rebecca Paulk, 26, for Assault Second Degree, Resisting Arrest, Public Intoxication, Tampering with Physical Evidence, Drug Paraphernalia-First Offense and Criminal Trespass I – Dow Street

http://www.westalabamawatchman.com/demopolis-arrest-reports-may-11-2015/

There are 14 homes listed on Dow Street, Demopolis. It appears to be a street with rather nice homes. I will search the fourteen homes for owners to check for a familiar name since viewing her FB pgs today.

http://www.spokeo.com/Dow+St+Demopolis+AL+addresses

Maybe she offered to give up the drug dealer in exchange for a reduction of the above charges and was silenced before that could happen... Just my opinion.

So I am kind of confused. Is Rebecca still married to the fellow that had a baby with another woman?

Sounds to me like Rebecca got herself off track and never really recovered.

She is a beautiful woman, wanted to become a nurse and has loving parents and brother.

Something surely persuaded her in the wrong direction.

I will say that with those charges pending I have just a tiny bit of hope that she is somewhere just chilling like her mother indicated in her interview up thread.

Two things I keep thinking about. Her beauty and the Drug Task Force involvement.

I keep wondering if she was followed because of her good looks.

Are the two cities high crime areas?

The last thing you want to get into a discussion about is beauty around here. Pending cases is next to the last, I hope that she's safe and sound.

Two things I keep thinking about. Her beauty and the Drug Task Force involvement.

I keep wondering if she was followed because of her good looks.

Are the two cities high crime areas?

Not a high crime area. There are some places in both towns that anyone with a little common sense would not go after dark, but for the most part I am not afraid to go anywhere in Lauderdale county or Meridian by myself.

So I am kind of confused. Is Rebecca still married to the fellow that had a baby with another woman?

Sounds to me like Rebecca got herself off track and never really recovered.

She is a beautiful woman, wanted to become a nurse and has loving parents and brother.

Something surely persuaded her in the wrong direction.

I will say that with those charges pending I have just a tiny bit of hope that she is somewhere just chilling like her mother indicated in her interview up thread.

If my SO had a baby with another woman, you might see my name in the paper, too. Esp in my early 20's. Just saying

Was she upset about the baby? Or was she divorced before her ex (?) took up with anothe woman? Not much info.

May 6, 2014

A bake sale will be held Saturday, May 10, to benefit Cody and Rebecca Paulk, who lost their home to a fire during the storms of Monday, April 28.

Tagged With: Alabama, bake sale, Demopolis, Fire, Forkland

http://www.westalabamawatchman.com/saturday-bake-sale-to-benefit-recent-fire-victims/

Forkland, Alabama is in Greene County

Population in 2013: 618 (0% urban, 100% rural)

Land area: 3.49 square miles.

Nearest cities: Demopolis, AL (3.1 miles)

http://www.city-data.com/city/Forkland-Alabama.html

There is one intersting thing that Forkland, AL is famous for having and that's the annual Bama Bike Fest.

http://www.bamabikefest.com/

Checked alacourt and it appears that she has some criminal cases going to grand jury. Of course, she is innocent until proven guilty. However, I would be checking with any known addicts/dealers in the area.

Wow, it looks like she had one REALLY bad day, doesn't it ? The majority of those charges all happened at the same time on the same day. That might well be enough to send someone into hiding, this woman is facing serious jail time.

I think I'll revise my abduction theory from yesterday, now that I've seen this. This may very well be a planned disappearance.............with outside help. The coincidence that she was facing all of these charges and disappeared about the same time she was going to be held accountable for them is too great to ignore.

I've got news for her though, running is just gonna make it a lot worse when she finally does resurface.

May 5 – Rebecca Paulk, 26, for Assault Second Degree, Resisting Arrest, Public Intoxication, Tampering with Physical Evidence, Drug Paraphernalia-First Offense and Criminal Trespass I – Dow Street

I am still kind of wondering why she had a laptop, tablet and cell phone in her car. Who does that?

Who rides around with those three things in their car? Cell phones do everything but get up and dance and most owners use them for everything.

GPS, FB, Maps, Road Construction, Text, Calls, Gas Prices. You name it and the phones do it!

So why would a laptop and tablet be there?

I am still kind of wondering why she had a laptop, tablet and cell phone in her car. Who does that?

Who rides around with those three things in their car? Cell phones do everything but get up and dance and most owners use them for everything.

GPS, FB, Maps, Road Construction, Text, Calls, Gas Prices. You name it and the phones do it!

Well, my phone only makes calls and texts.
But not sure why tablet and laptop, unless she writes, or is taking a course of some kind. If I was going away, I would take all three (if driving) as I write on my laptop and use Ipad for internet.

To make an abduction appear more likely and believable ?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that she had her laptop with her for either of these reasons:

There was something on the laptop which she didn't want anybody snooping (perhaps she didn't know how to password protect it). Maybe she never left it at home and always carried it with her for that reason.

Or she was taking the laptop to areas to get free wi-fi connections.

Wow, it looks like she had one REALLY bad day, doesn't it ? The majority of those charges all happened at the same time on the same day. That might well be enough to send someone into hiding, this woman is facing serious jail time.

I think I'll revise my abduction theory from yesterday, now that I've seen this. This may very well be a planned disappearance.............with outside help. The coincidence that she was facing all of these charges and disappeared about the same time she was going to be held accountable for them is too great to ignore.

I've got news for her though, running is just gonna make it a lot worse when she finally does resurface.

Respectfully, and JMO of course... but those charges are really not that big a deal. With even a half-a$$ed attorney, she's in for a fine, community service and probation. She basically got drunk and showed her hiney, and the drug stuff sounds recreational, probably because she got drunk. Probably went a little redneck on the cheating hubby.

I don't think it's enough to warrant her disappearing on her own. JMO.

Individually those charges may not be a big deal, but when stacked on top of each other they become a VERY BIG deal. Some people can't handle the idea of being caged like an animal, this woman may be one of them.

If you've been in trouble with the law before, going to jail isn't all that much to get worked up over. But to some people, the idea of sitting in a jail cell is worse than death itself. I don't know what kind of a tangent she went off on that night, but she certainly went all out, and resisting arrest is going to always get the cops mad at ya'.

A quote from the link above

Is it normal for Drug Task Force Agents to get involved in a missing person case?

I'm assuming since this is the DA from Alabama talking that it's the Alabama Drug Task Force that was brought in. I'm not sure if it's standard protocol for them but here in Mississippi, it wouldn't surprise me at all if our Drug Task Force was brought in. However, from my understanding (good friends with our local sheriff) they would have to have some sort of "hint" that there were drugs, somehow someway, linked to her disappearance in order to justify bringing them in.

It makes me sad that we aren't hearing very much about this case. I'm tempted to email our local media here in south MS and ask them if they have any information or would consider doing a story on Rebecca. Poor thing, she looks like such a sweet girl who just had a few bad days. Hopefully her parents will hear something soon. I can't imagine the not knowing.

I'm assuming since this is the DA from Alabama talking that it's the Alabama Drug Task Force that was brought in. I'm not sure if it's standard protocol for them but here in Mississippi, it wouldn't surprise me at all if our Drug Task Force was brought in. However, from my understanding (good friends with our local sheriff) they would have to have some sort of "hint" that there were drugs, somehow someway, linked to her disappearance in order to justify bringing them in.

It makes me sad that we aren't hearing very much about this case. I'm tempted to email our local media here in south MS and ask them if they have any information or would consider doing a story on Rebecca. Poor thing, she looks like such a sweet girl who just had a few bad days. Hopefully her parents will hear something soon. I can't imagine the not knowing.

It has gone quiet and I'm still curious about that drug task force coming in.

I have thought about the computer and pad and I think looking for free WiFi might play into it. Also perhaps since it was Labor Day maybe she was staying with her parents and wanted to use her laptop and tablet.

Re cell phones. Some seniors still carry the older type cell phones but most of those under 50 have the all in one ones that can do just about everything when traveling.

I am amazed at the things mine can do.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper