MSM Coverage 11/3/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it could have been through his employer, my husband's work calls extra jobs side jobs because they don't "have" to do them. They usually contract them out to whoever wants the extra money, but they are still through his work. They just don't pay overtime on them they get straight pay but its separate from there regular paycheck. They usually offer them to the guys they know need the extra money first then go down the line. My husband has done a couple and he uses his work's equipment and everything, he just gets paid for that job separate then his normal paycheck. Same company and everything though.

I understand that ,but look at my post #203. Most employers insurance alone would not allow this. I can guarantee that your daughter's bf does not always have employer permission to do such. Their insurance company would have a cow! and then include that the employer buying the wire and tools and the employee making money on it. Hence some of JI's weird looks in the beginning.

I agree. DH is a sheet metal worker and he's used tools and supplies from work - a big no no. His boss would kick his butt. I'm not saying he does Starbucks type jobbies, but little things here and there for the house or a friend.

It may be common practice, but that doesn't mean it's right in the eyes of the employer.

MOO

Mel

Do the neighbors have a baby the same age as Lisa?

Not mainstream news yet, but did you see CNN's Jim Spellman's tweet? No major developments today, more tomorrow including a new character emerging? Do you think he is referring to JB, or is there yet another about to take the stage?!

And hello, I've been lurking and reading, had to have my very old account reinstated before I could join in :seeya:

it could have been through his employer, my husband's work calls extra jobs side jobs because they don't "have" to do them. They usually contract them out to whoever wants the extra money, but they are still through his work. They just don't pay overtime on them they get straight pay but its separate from there regular paycheck. They usually offer them to the guys they know need the extra money first then go down the line. My husband has done a couple and he uses his work's equipment and everything, he just gets paid for that job separate then his normal paycheck. Same company and everything though.

Well that's illegal too. My DH's boss tried to pull that carp, and it's against CA labor laws. Doesn't matter who hired the company and if it's a side job or not. If you're under company payroll then you have to pay according to the State labor laws. Paying under the table or hiding employee wages is illegal and can get his business shut down pronto. The IRS doesn't like it either.

That's a very fine line and most employers are aware of it.

It's pretty strict in California -- not sure about this state.

MOO

Mel

Not mainstream news yet, but did you see CNN's Jim Spellman's tweet? No major developments today, more tomorrow including a new character emerging? Do you think he is referring to JB, or is there yet another about to take the stage?!

And hello, I've been lurking and reading, had to have my very old account reinstated before I could join in :seeya:

Can you post a link to Spellman's tweet? Sounds like he may have more tweets coming - THANKS!

The HLN guy tweeting a new character emerging tomorrow? Who can it be? The neighbors husband maybe? :pray: for Baby Lisa.

I just...cannot believe the parents and LE are still at odds ESPECIALLY if (like some theorize here) they are closing in one Jersey as the culprit. Does anyone have any example of this happening before?

Kansas City police said they are not actively searching for 11-month-old Lisa Irwin. Police also said the parents still are not cooperating in the investigation.
by Karen Yancey/Staff 6:08 PM

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1cgmSXkKW

:(::tears:

:furious::furious::furious:

I don't care what they think! If they don't have anything solid for arrests, they need to be searching! Thoughts and theories are nothing. I feel like I've moved back to the mountains of no where.

I just...cannot believe the parents and LE are still at odds ESPECIALLY if (like some theorize here) they are closing in one Jersey as the culprit. Does anyone have any example of this happening before?

I'm still not over the fact that they won't talk to LE regardless of whether Jersey is in the frame or not...just blows my mind. I can't comprehend how life goes on, their time seemingly filled in with lawyers and reps, while nothing is being done about Lisa.

By actively search I think they mean doing ground searches with people. After a certain point in an investigation after obvious places are cleared it is deemed more useful to only search places as evidence or tips come in as opposed to just free range wandering around. It sucks, but it is extremely common in every case I have seen.

It's also possible that the Irwin's don't want either of the boys to be re-interviewed because they are protecting the boys for reasons besides just emotional trauma.

(I'll leave it there.)

I think their Lawyer is not allowing the RE intervieiw....

IIRC correctly the boys were interviewed right after the fact BEFORE mom or dad could convince them of what to say...I really think it's the emotional trauma. We are not with the boys and we do not know how they are handling this.

By actively search I think they mean doing ground searches with people. After a certain point in an investigation after obvious places are cleared it is deemed more useful to only search places as evidence or tips come in as opposed to just free range wandering around. It sucks, but it is extremely common in every case I have seen.

Agreed, I just posted this on another thread; not to mention, this case is "special" as it is one with a baby missing and the parents not working with police. Very unusual, if not a first, JMO>

I think their Lawyer is not allowing the RE intervieiw....

IIRC correctly the boys were interviewed right after the fact BEFORE mom or dad could convince them of what to say...I really think it's the emotional trauma. We are not with the boys and we do not know how they are handling this.

bbm. similarly, we are not the parents and we do not know how they are handling this emotionally. they could be guilty as sin, but it just makes me uncomfortable when anyone claims to know their personalities based on what little we have seen of them. not trying to call anyone in particular out, on this forum or otherwise, just sayin.

Agreed, I just posted this on another thread; not to mention, this case is "special" as it is one with a baby missing and the parents not working with police. Very unusual, if not a first, JMO>

Oh I have definitely seen cases where parents won't work with police, but 99.99% of the time it is because those parents are guilty as sin. So, this case is unique in that everyone seems to be looking at Jersey which, I agree, he is the PERFECT suspect. But...then we have parents spending nearly a month "upset" because a police officer was mean to them and refusing to work with LE to help find their child. That just...I cannot get over it.

Very interesting to follow him, he also answers questions if he can! Yes, I have tweeted him ;)

http://jimspellmancnn/status/132230471147986944
I totally trust him to pass along correct info, as best as he can lol. Every case has a reporter that isn't in it for frame or pimpage. The rest are a joke imo.
Spellman totally stands out from the rest as wanting the truth about Lisa and that's it!!

Imo

If LE isn't searching any longer, I get the feeling they may be building a case for a homicide arrest. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop