MSM coverage of Baby Lisa 10/28/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T but sharing great news-little Robert Wood Jr was found ALIVE!!!

The family of a missing Missouri baby continued to make news Friday, cutting ties with its attorney hours after canceling a police interview with the girl's two half-brothers.
Cyndy Short, the attorney who had been speaking for the family of 11-month-old Lisa Irwin, is no longer working with the family, her Kansas City, Missouri, law firm announced Friday in a statement. There was no immediate indication as to who, if anyone, will represent the family instead.
Meanwhile, Kansas City Police Captain Steve Young said late Thursday that the Irwin family's lawyer -- at that point, presumed to be Short -- had canceled a police interview with the girl's two older brothers.
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/10/28/justice/missouri-missing-girl/?hpt=us_c2

Gosh, who could possibly have seen this coming?

It appears that look-at-me, NYC lawyer dude Joe Tacopina no longer needs Kansas City attorney Cyndy Short on the baby Lisa Irwin case.

It was Tacopina, of course, who assured everyone in Kansas City days ago that Lisa’s family would have good local counsel when he couldn’t be here soaking up the limelight…er, representing the family himself.

That’s when Short showed up.

But on Friday Short said around noon that she no longer represents the family; Tacopina wouldn’t comment on the issue.

Read more: http://voices.kansascity.com/entries/surprise-lawyer-controversy-lisa-irwin-case/#ixzz1c6qCut1j

---------------------

HLN and Vinnie were just on with Gil Abeyta. Didn't say much as far as new information. Gil did say he only talked to the parents for about half an hour and that when he first walked in the door, the first thing the parents said to him was "we're under orders not to talk to anyone". Vinnie thought that was an odd thing to say. Gil saying that they (parents) inherited these lawyers and inherited the PI (BS) - because someone else was paying them. That the parents just didn't know who to trust or what to do. He also, in his own opinion that if a dr. doesn't get in there and work with these parents that one (or both) could become suicidal :eek: He said they have no support - its like they're in jail.

Please I'm just reporting back on the interview I just watched. So, don't shoot the messenger here - 'k?

MY opinion is that this is getting ready to implode - from within. There is something festering with this whole group. I've felt that way since yesterday. I'm just hoping that WHOEVER KNOWS where Lisa is that they come forward so this baby can be properly laid to rest. JMHO

HLN and Vinnie were just on with Gil Abeyta. Didn't say much as far as new information. Gil did say he only talked to the parents for about half an hour and that when he first walked in the door, the first thing the parents said to him was "we're under orders not to talk to anyone". Vinnie thought that was an odd thing to say. Gil saying that they (parents) inherited these lawyers and inherited the PI (BS) - because someone else was paying them. That the parents just didn't know who to trust or what to do. He also, in his own opinion that if a dr. doesn't get in there and work with these parents that one (or both) could become suicidal :eek: He said they have no support - its like they're in jail.

Please I'm just reporting back on the interview I just watched. So, don't shoot the messenger here - 'k?

MY opinion is that this is getting ready to implode - from within. There is something festering with this whole group. I've felt that way since yesterday. I'm just hoping that WHOEVER KNOWS where Lisa is that they come forward so this baby can be properly laid to rest. JMHO

..gil abeyta was on nancyG last night too, saying pretty much the same thing..

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... ng.01.html
-------Nancy Grace--Oct.27/2011---

GRACE: Gil, you have been in a similar spot, as baby Lisa`s parents, and you travel. We`re showing a shot of your son when he went missing, at an age-progression right now to 23. You traveled all the way to help the parents. What happened when you got to baby Lisa`s home?

ABEYTA: Let me -- first of all, I`m not hearing you real well, but let me respond to you and what I wanted to say to make sure that I say it. The advantage I have, over all of you coming up with possibilities, and mother and father and all this kind of stuff, I`m a victim.

I went through exactly what they went through for a long time. I`m not guilty, I`m still here talking to you. And I came purposely to talk to the victims, to see exactly what kind of condition they`re in, so that we can help them. Not to hurt them.

And what I saw, and I only met with them for about a half hour, was I saw that they were in very, very bad condition. Incapable, I say incapable of being able to respond intelligently to what`s going on.

Also the fact that they were -- that they brought in people that just forced themselves in to a private eye, an attorney, and they told them not to talk, not to do anything. They are scared, like scared rabbits in a cage. They don`t know what to do. They don`t -- what`s going to happen, if the pressure continues, they`re going to beat up so bad, someone is going to commit suicide.

GRACE: Well, you know what, Gil, we certainly do not want that.

--------more of abeyta's segment with nancyG @ link.

.....MY opinion is that this is getting ready to implode - from within. There is something festering with this whole group. I've felt that way since yesterday. I'm just hoping that WHOEVER KNOWS where Lisa is that they come forward so this baby can be properly laid to rest. JMHO

Respectfully edited.

I recall your comment to this effect yesterday, and you were surely right about something going on behind the scenes: This morning we learn that the local attorney is off the case! I don't think the shake-up is over just yet.

I don't know for sure whose relatives the couple and their boys are staying with, but it has to be a very tense and uncomfortable situation for everyone. Family members must be looking at Deborah and Jeremy and wondering WTF is happening here? Did one of these parents murder their darling daughter? If so, who is responsible? What has been going on in the Irwin home that would lead to something terrible happening to this baby? I just cannot let myself believe that everyone in the Bradley and/or Irwin families is callous and cold enough to look the other way when a their flesh & blood is missing...or possibly deceased. jmo

:woohoo:There is NO Press Conference Today. :woohoo:

The link provided here and in the Media Thread is from October 14, 2011.

Let me guess..... The attorney's are exhausted.....

Respectfully edited.

I recall your comment to this effect yesterday, and you were surely right about something going on behind the scenes: This morning we learn that the local attorney is off the case! I don't think the shake-up is over just yet.

I don't know for sure whose relatives the couple and their boys are staying with, but it has to be a very tense and uncomfortable situation for everyone. Family members must be looking at Deborah and Jeremy and wondering WTF is happening here? Did one of these parents murder their darling daughter? If so, who is responsible? What has been going on in the Irwin home that would lead to something terrible happending to this baby? I just cannot let myself believe that everyone in the Bradley and/or Irwin families is callous and cold enough to look the other way when a their flesh & blood is missing...or possibly deceased. jmo

Well DB and JI do not have to take this PI and JT over there. They can get rid of all of them. Surely they cannot be that stupid. If that is the way they feel fire them all, they can get a lawyer appointed to them then. I am sure they know how this works. Maybe guilt is setting in. Whether it be guilt from killing their child or guilt from not speaking and doing what a parent is supposed to do, I dont care but I hope it does eat them alive.. I really do. I cant feel sorry for them. They are little kids here, they are adults, they know how the world works.. Enough already.

"Cyndy Short was excellent, very thoughtful, very incisive," said Carl Cornwell, a well-known defense attorney who has worked with Short on high-profile cases.
Short was brought in to help the Irwin family as a local lawyer. Along with New York attorney Joe Tacopina, Short had been representing Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin, the parents of Lisa.
Tacopina apparently pushed Short off the team after just a week.
Cornwell said it appears Short and Tacopina disagreed about whether the two boys, Lisa's half -brothers, should be re-interviewed by police.
"That is a direct, strategical conflict," said Cornwell.
Keith Cutler is on the Missouri Bar Association's lawyer to lawyer dispute resolution committee.
He said lawyers disagree, but it's rare to see it play out in public.
"Whether they are arguing over strategy or have differences of opinion, I think that goes on in just about every case. Because when you have highly trained, highly skilled minds together, there are going to be differences in approaches, differences in strategy," said Cutler.
Lawyers say if you, as a client, are caught between fighting attorneys - you have to sit them down, talk it out, and choose one or the other if they still can't agree.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...ing-parents-off-lisa-irwin-case#ixzz1c7904QGF

so the family chose to go with JT (who will HAVE to get another local counsel to be his in between) over CS?

this is nuts..

nuts....:nevermind:

so the family chose to go with JT (who will HAVE to get another local counsel to be his in between) over CS?

this is nuts..

nuts....:nevermind:

JT in the court room is kind of scary! moo They should have picked cyndi! moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads