MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 11/6/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no MSM link for the searchers yesterday finding baby clothes? I completely trust InDaMiddle's account of what she saw on local tv and appreciate her posting it.

So, what happened between that tv report last night and today? If the story had already run on television, why would LE ask that it not be posted or that anyone not do a write up about it? It makes me wonder if there is some question about what was actually found and no one wants to run with it until it's confirmed. Could be something else, but sure is a huge piece of news in this case to be completely ignored.:waitasec:

Still no MSM link for the searchers yesterday finding baby clothes? I completely trust InDaMiddle's account of what she saw on local tv and appreciate her posting it.

So, what happened between that tv report last night and today? If the story had already run on television, why would LE ask that it not be posted or that anyone not do a write up about it? It makes me wonder if there is some question about what was actually found and no one wants to run with it until it's confirmed. Could be something else, but sure is a huge piece of news in this case to be completely ignored.:waitasec:

I agree. Even Jim Spellman has no idea about the baby clothes being found, or he is pretending he doesn't. Seems strange.

I never read that either. Do we have a link that a second dog didnt hit the parents room. I believe LE hasnt even been back in that house again, never mind with dogs. They would need another warrant to do that. THAT is not something you can hide. TIA for the link..

They originally got the warrant because of a 'hit' when they searched with parents permission. During the 17 hour search, they had the dogs again. Haven't heard about ANYTHING from that search except what was removed, but no forensic evidence and/or confirmation of another 'hit'.

I agree. Even Jim Spellman has no idea about the baby clothes being found, or he is pretending he doesn't. Seems strange.

Maybe nothing was found and it was just a rumor.

Maybe the media can't even report the "found" clothes with a straight face....

They originally got the warrant because of a 'hit' when they searched with parents permission. During the 17 hour search, they had the dogs again. Haven't heard about ANYTHING from that search except what was removed, but no forensic evidence and/or confirmation of another 'hit'.

Sparklin, just using your post to jump off of- this is not in reference to your specific post. :)

Oh boy, on the HRD dog 'hits'... round and round we go.

Peeps- we have in effect- absolutely NO knowledge of what transpired during that search - either with dogs, without dogs, backup dogs, HRD alerts, forensic evidence seized etc. And it would appear that LE wanted it that way.

Just for good measure (since I believe the MSM is responsible, at least in part, for this snafu where 'no carpet was removed' 'carpet was removed' etc) I'm going to throw another theory into the equation.

Carpets, rugs, and other flexible substrates are often rolled up to help HRD dogs scent discriminate layers of scent deposit. So it's entirely possible that- if there were carpet in the room where the HRD dog(s) alerted, that layers of substrate were removed one by one in order to determine the strongest deposit of scent.

Maybe there was/is a carpet. Maybe they pulled it up or back to allow an HRD dog access to the subflooring. Maybe they removed carpeting to another location so that the dog(s) could work with a more refined scent deposit. Maybe they returned the carpeting after scent discrimination was done in another location.
There are multitudes of possibilities. Kwim?

I just wish that at least once a week that these parents would be on TV pleading for Lisa to be returned, I just dont understand , lawyers or not ...

Sparklin, just using your post to jump off of- this is not in reference to your specific post. :)

Oh boy, on the HRD dog 'hits'... round and round we go.

Peeps- we have in effect- absolutely NO knowledge of what transpired during that search - either with dogs, without dogs, backup dogs, HRD alerts, forensic evidence seized etc. And it would appear that LE wanted it that way.

Just for good measure (since I believe the MSM is responsible, at least in part, for this snafu where 'no carpet was removed' 'carpet was removed' etc) I'm going to throw another theory into the equation.

Carpets, rugs, and other flexible substrates are often rolled up to help HRD dogs scent discriminate layers of scent deposit. So it's entirely possible that- if there were carpet in the room where the HRD dog(s) alerted, that layers of substrate were removed one by one in order to determine the strongest deposit of scent.

Maybe there was/is a carpet. Maybe they pulled it up or back to allow an HRD dog access to the subflooring. Maybe they removed carpeting to another location so that the dog(s) could work with a more refined scent deposit. Maybe they returned the carpeting after scent discrimination was done in another location.
There are multitudes of possibilities. Kwim?

Thanks Oriah!

BBM:
Actually, it was Cyndi Short who gave media a tour of the house and said that the fact that the carpeting was still in tact in the bedroom implied there was no valid hit in the area of the floor. I don't think the fact that untethered carpeting was in tact showed any such thing, but that's jmo and I think she was quite effective in getting some to question the dog hit based on the carpet. I was actually surprised that she was fired. JMO...

Thanks Oriah!

BBM:
Actually, it was Cyndi Short who gave media a tour of the house and said that the fact that the carpeting was still in tact in the bedroom implied there was no valid hit in the area of the floor. I don't think the fact that untethered carpeting was in tact showed any such thing, but that's jmo and I think she was quite effective in getting some to question the dog hit based on the carpet. I was actually surprised that she was fired. JMO...

Yes, I was surprised as well to see she was fired.
It's an effective tool for defense. I'm not surprised she didn't pull up the edge to explain about foam padding. And substrate. Or scent discrimination and isolation, and how it works.

It's rather damning for the court of public opinion.

I had missed this! I thought I would repost. This is sad.
What condition were the clothes I wonder. Dropped? Thrown? Ripped off?
What kind of outfit? sleepers? dressy? everyday? warm?
If they are Lisa's they could hold many clues!
Hope the clothes were not just put there to throw off searchers,KWIM?

Just don't understand the clothes...
Hard to reconcile the reasoning to find baby's clothes in the woods, for example: Why would an abductor stop in the woods, very late at night or early, early morning with a baby that could possibly start crying and alert someone and then that someone upon hearing a babies cries in the woods alert LE. Increasing the chance of getting caught.
Why would an abductor risk this chance of getting caught when he/she just got away with the baby right under the nose of her Mother and siblings?
Why not remove the babies clothes when the abductor was in a "safe" place with the baby and dispose of the clothes further from the abduction site?

could it be that there is not an article on the found clothes yet because it's the weekend? i'm not sure how that kind of thing works.

And there was an earthquake, and Mizzou is leaving the Big 12 for the SEC, and the Chiefs are playing.

For purposes of obtaining a search warrant, I don't believe LE has to be specific about what item(s) the hit was made on, just that it was made. I can easily see LE saying "an area of the floor" rather than "an area of the floor containing x, y and z," especially when they wanted the SW sealed but knew that it might not be.

It is not necessarily a matter of their stating it incorrectly, but rather possibly stating it incompletely, with the bare minimum needed to obtain the search warrant.

If they wanted to be vague, how about "a cadaver dog hit in the house", "a cadaver dog hit within Bradley's bedroom".

Thanks Oriah!

BBM:
BBM
Me too! She seemed to be the only one making any kind of progress, whether good or bad. She seemed to be in it for the right reasons. I would have kept her and sent JT to the curb in a heartbeat.

If they wanted to be vague, how about "a cadaver dog hit in the house", "a cadaver dog hit within Bradley's bedroom".

By the same token, if they wanted to be specific, why not state "carpet" if that's what it was? We have no way to know exactly what they were referring to. We only know it was something in an area of the floor. Could be the floor itself, the carpet, clothing, bedding - we just don't have any way to know.

BBM
Me too! She seemed to be the only one making any kind of progress, whether good or bad. She seemed to be in it for the right reasons. I would have kept her and sent JT to the curb in a heartbeat.

Thanks for sharing the info about the baby clothes. Do you know exactly where they were found? On the map? Who found the clothes? Was it on a tip or during a routine search, or did someone stumble upon them?

Thanks for sharing the info about the baby clothes. Do you know exactly where they were found? On the map? Who found the clothes? Was it on a tip or during a routine search, or did someone stumble upon them?
The only thing it stated as to where was in the woods north of 48th & Randolph. I 'think' they said around 52nd and Randolph, but since they don't have it online I can't be sure now. It was a planned search, not just stumbled upon. They said the search was mapped out the previous night and it sounded like LE knew of these exact plans and that a deputy was there with them. I sure wish they would post it online. I haven't a clue as to why they don't.:waitasec:

And there was an earthquake, and Mizzou is leaving the Big 12 for the SEC, and the Chiefs are playing.

DeAnn, have you heard anything about the clothes, or do you think it was a false report on Fox4's part? TIA!

DeAnn, have you heard anything about the clothes, or do you think it was a false report on Fox4's part? TIA!

Only what I read here. I didn't see Fox last night. I was watching football :) I do know that Fox was the station that broke the news about the Festival Foods surveillance video. But In Da Middle's subsequent posts also seemed like there was some confirmation by those with knowledge of the situation beyond the Fox report.

I do plan to see if it's checked on tomorrow. I don't know why Fox didn't put up a web story. As far as the other stations, they only have a dayside reporter and a nightside reporter on weekends generally. The Star also has fewer reporters working on the weekend. Between the earthquake and Mizzou announcement and police PIOs not working today, I'm not surprised other stations haven't picked up on it yet. Heck since it's not online they may not even know about it. If there's nothing by this time on Tuesday, then I'd be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member