Found Deceased MT - Amy Harding-Permann, 34, Great Falls, 26 Jan 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Under certain circumstance I can see her leaving without her things. I left once without my phone, purse, keys, car or shoes. To get those things I would have had to engage in a physical altercation which I had no chance of winning. I did leave knowing a family member lived less than a 1/2 mile and I could walk. I did not call the police because in my state they often arrest both parties and let the court sort it out. I wasn’t going to put my professional license on the line. I hope she had a place to go to find help. At this late date it doesn’t look like it. DV is grossly under reported.

This is very true. Especially in the military. A DV charge can easily mean losing a top secret clearance, and discharge. We have seen now, that a DV incident can ruin a career, NFL players are an example.

People are very cognizant of the drama a DV call can create, which is probably why they are under utilized by many professionals.

It is a very quiet case with absolute minimum amount of details knows to us . Hopefully LE has lots of info and will inform about their findings or reveal POI or make an arrest very soon...Obviously, they do not need to keep people alerted anymore or anyone's help in searching for Amy...

Sheriff provides update on the search for Amy Harding

Cascade County Sheriff Jesse Slaughter on Monday assured the community that his team is still working to find Amy. He said, “The truth is, until we find that person we won’t know the truth about what happened to them. So we're going to treat it as if it is the worst-case scenario.”

When it comes to discussing the details of what has or hasn’t been searched, Sheriff Slaughter says there is some information they just cannot share with the public at this point, and detectives are not ruling out any possibilities.

He added, “I know people get frustrated, and I know people want certain information, or they demand of us - which they should, because we work for them. They demand of us certain things but at the end of the day one of the things they need to understand is, to search something with a search warrant signed by a judge we have to have a crime that’s been committed (and) being a missing person is not a crime.”​

Cascade County Sheriff Jesse Slaughter on Monday assured the community that his team is still working to find Amy. He said, “The truth is, until we find that person we won’t know the truth about what happened to them. So we're going to treat it as if it is the worst-case scenario.”

When it comes to discussing the details of what has or hasn’t been searched, Sheriff Slaughter says there is some information they just cannot share with the public at this point, and detectives are not ruling out any possibilities.

He added, “I know people get frustrated, and I know people want certain information, or they demand of us - which they should, because we work for them. They demand of us certain things but at the end of the day one of the things they need to understand is, to search something with a search warrant signed by a judge we have to have a crime that’s been committed (and) being a missing person is not a crime.”​
Also noting:

He explained, “It’s called criminal justice information. If we were to give the public all that information, it could hinder our investigation or give a suspect or possible perpetrator the ability to ruin our investigation.”

ummm hmmm.

They demand of us certain things but at the end of the day one of the things they need to understand is, to search something with a search warrant signed by a judge we have to have a crime that’s been committed (and) being a missing person is not a crime.”

In poker, we call that is a tell.

There is only one place they would be interested in searching.

They demand of us certain things but at the end of the day one of the things they need to understand is, to search something with a search warrant signed by a judge we have to have a crime that’s been committed (and) being a missing person is not a crime.”

... well they don’t need a search warrant to search in and around the river!

JMO.
I was under the impression that the house and vehicles had been searched. (??)
I would think that the sheriff would have asked the bf for permission to search and I can't believe he (bf) would refuse the request.
???

JMO.
I was under the impression that the house and vehicles had been searched. (??)
I would think that the sheriff would have asked the bf for permission to search and I can't believe he (bf) would refuse the request.
???

IMO there is a line between a well-being search and a search warrant. The initial search was in the house of a highly respected assault victim who's loved one had run and disappeared. There were interested in finding Amy, not evidence.

A search warrant doesn't give a bleep about being sensitive, they will get everything the warrant permits.

Last edited:
IMO there is a line between a well-being search and a search warrant. The initial search was in the house of an assault victim who's loved one had run and disappeared. There were interested in finding Amy, not evidence.

A search warrant doesn't give a bleep about being sensitive, they will get everything the warrant permits.

Yes, you are absolutely right.

I'm thinking now that she may never be found.
JMO.

IMO there is a line between a well-being search and a search warrant. The initial search was in the house of a highly respected assault victim who's loved one had run and disappeared. There were interested in finding Amy, not evidence.

Yesss....very different.

This seems like a catch-22 that we’ve seen in so many other cases. You need probable cause of a crime to get a search warrant but you need a search warrant to get evidence of a crime. I don’t know.. Would appreciate some expert input on probable cause and warrants. MOO

Yes, you are absolutely right.

I'm thinking now that she may never be found.
JMO.

I think she will be found.

Whoever took her is probably not good at this. There are so many pitfalls to ensnare someone under the pressure of time.

That uncomfortable truth is that WE would actually be pretty good at this stuff. Leave phone at home, disable car GPS, avoid any video, do not involve accomplices, have an alibi, talk to no one.

Unfortunately (haha), we will not be able to use this invaluable information.

I think she will be found.

Whoever took her is probably not good at this. There are so many pitfalls to ensnare someone under the pressure of time.

That uncomfortable truth is that WE would actually be pretty good at this stuff. Leave phone at home, disable car GPS, avoid any video, do not involve accomplices, have an alibi, talk to no one.

Unfortunately (haha), we will not be able to use this invaluable information.

It’s not like it’s brain surgery... :p

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry
Back