Found Deceased MT - Amy Harding-Permann, 34, Great Falls, 26 Jan 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Sheriff provides an update on the search for Amy Harding

I read that, and personally found that to be impossibly offensive.

Do they really think that a woman, who worked for a professional career, as a nurse, and has children, would just take off and leave with nothing?

Do they have any evidence or indications that Amy left her life voluntarily? If they don't, that is a very offensive statement.

They would not name a suspect in a disappearance without evidence, therefore, it seems inappropriate to infer that a woman would just up and leave her life, unless they have evidence to back up a wild conjecture like that statement.

I read this completely differently. The reporter did not include the reporter’s question. It sounds to me like the reporter said “Do you think she’s dead?” and he responded that they’re not going to assume that based on the length of time she’s been missing. Kidnap victims have been found alive years later - Jaycee Dugard, Amanda Berry. So I don’t think he was being rude or dismissive but rather explaining why they aren’t giving up a search for a living person yet.

I read this completely differently. The reporter did not include the reporter’s question. It sounds to me like the reporter said “Do you think she’s dead?” and he responded that they’re not going to assume that based on the length of time she’s been missing. Kidnap victims have been found alive years later - Jaycee Dugard, Amanda Berry. So I don’t think he was being rude or dismissive but rather explaining why they aren’t giving up a search for a living person yet.

I took it that way also.

Yep. I'd gather LE would want to talk to any and every person she came in contact with, esp. Since she had multiple nurses licenses that she could practice in various states.
My understanding is that when you earn a license in Montana, it becomes part of a cross-state license compact, meaning that participating states would allow you to practice there, too. See Nursing Licensure Compact for more information.

Review of MSM dates and articles.
JANUARY 27: Great Falls woman reported missing
JANUARY 28: Volunteers needed to help search for Amy
JANUARY 29: Volunteers help search for Amy Harding
JANUARY 30: "Multiple agencies" working to find Amy Harding
JANUARY 31: Sheriff: the search for Amy Harding continues
FEBRUARY 10: Search for Amy Harding enters third week
FEBRUARY 10: Search for Amy Harding enters third week
FEBRUARY 19
Sheriff provides an update on the search for Amy Harding
  • sometimes we don't have any more leads. Then you get leads and you ramp up again. So the reality of that is you never really are going to give up on it, and just say, 'Oh, we’re done.' We’re not going to do that. The truth of the matter is only really Amy knows where Amy is at this point.
JMO
I find the last sentence from the above comment of the sheriff odd. But I understand his flustration. I hope this weekend search leads Amy home to Family and her loved ones.

If you have any information about Amy’s whereabouts, you are asked to call the Sheriff’s Office at 406-454-6979.

Do you think Amy was kidnapped?

@Steph8angels I have the feeling that the person involved in this situation has been creating a narrative of Amy.

Isn't that wonderful for the police officers that the last person to see Amy has given them so much valuable information regarding Amy's personality.

We actually know very little about her, while the sheriff has just stated:
"There’s a massive amount of information that we’re taking in. We are then having to analyze all of that."
I think it's safe to say the sheriff's detectives are learning way more about her than we know.
She has lived in Great Falls her entire life, other than the four years she was in college in Bozeman. She seems to have known a lot of people, although it is somewhat strange that no one is claiming to have known her well. I don't see the logic in thinking that one man, no matter how prestigious he is in the community, could alter the facts presented by hundreds of other witnesses. My impression is that the investigation is independent, and is moving forward. Meanwhile, the forecast is for great weather for a search this weekend. JMO

We know that she is a nurse.

And that the last person who saw Amy states that she assaulted him, and left the house without a coat, car keys, or a phone.

He's the last person to see her that we know of.

They have massive amounts of information they have to go through not to mention they are looking into multiple POI.

@Steph8angels I have the feeling that the person involved in this situation has been creating a narrative of Amy.

Isn't that wonderful for the police officers that the last person to see Amy has given them so much valuable information regarding Amy's personality.

What valuable information regarding Amy's personality did this person give LE? I don't remember this being stated anywhere. Do you have a link?

From the article ... Dispatch notes released from the night Amy Harding-Permann went missing

The call begins at 8:19 p.m., and VanGuilder reports his girlfriend is intoxicated, has ripped his shirt and keeps jumping on him.

He gives Harding-Permann's name to dispatch and states she is not carrying any weapons.

At 8:21 p.m., VanGuilder reports Harding-Permann may be leaving. The first CCSO officer is dispatched two seconds later.

VanGuilder states Harding-Permann is highly intoxicated and tells dispatch the make and model of her vehicle.

Two more deputies are dispatched.

At 8:22 p.m., dispatch reports the phone call is cutting out and then the call is dropped.

Seconds later, VanGuilder is back on the line reporting that Harding-Permann is back inside the residence and throwing punches at him.

The first deputy arrives at the scene at 8:23 p.m., and dispatch notes that seconds later, VanGuilder reports he is unable to stay separated from Harding-Permann.

Two more deputies arrive at the scene less than a minute later, followed by more law enforcement over the next hour.

At 9:35 p.m., dispatch calls for search and rescue to stand by for a possible ice rescue.

The subsequent notes relate to the search for Harding-Permann. More law enforcement agencies and search and rescue units respond. There is an attempt to ping Harding-Permann's phone, and law enforcement attempts to contact several people who might have heard from her.

Harding-Permann is officially entered as a missing person at 3:58 a.m. Monday, Jan. 27.

At 8:35 a.m., Benefis advises that she has not shown up for work.

Searchers continue to look for Harding-Permann and contact people who might know of her whereabouts until the dispatch log ends just after 5:30 p.m. on Jan. 28.​

So between 8:23 and 8:24 pm 3 deputies arrive and VanGuilder reports to dispatch that he is "unable to stay separated" from Amy. Does that mean he wasn't able to get away from her? So she was technically there when at least the first deputy arrived and maybe ran out a back door or something when she saw the cops?

From the article ... Dispatch notes released from the night Amy Harding-Permann went missing

The call begins at 8:19 p.m., and VanGuilder reports his girlfriend is intoxicated, has ripped his shirt and keeps jumping on him.

He gives Harding-Permann's name to dispatch and states she is not carrying any weapons.

At 8:21 p.m., VanGuilder reports Harding-Permann may be leaving. The first CCSO officer is dispatched two seconds later.

VanGuilder states Harding-Permann is highly intoxicated and tells dispatch the make and model of her vehicle.

Two more deputies are dispatched.

At 8:22 p.m., dispatch reports the phone call is cutting out and then the call is dropped.

Seconds later, VanGuilder is back on the line reporting that Harding-Permann is back inside the residence and throwing punches at him.

The first deputy arrives at the scene at 8:23 p.m., and dispatch notes that seconds later, VanGuilder reports he is unable to stay separated from Harding-Permann.

Two more deputies arrive at the scene less than a minute later, followed by more law enforcement over the next hour.

At 9:35 p.m., dispatch calls for search and rescue to stand by for a possible ice rescue.

The subsequent notes relate to the search for Harding-Permann. More law enforcement agencies and search and rescue units respond. There is an attempt to ping Harding-Permann's phone, and law enforcement attempts to contact several people who might have heard from her.

Harding-Permann is officially entered as a missing person at 3:58 a.m. Monday, Jan. 27.

At 8:35 a.m., Benefis advises that she has not shown up for work.

Searchers continue to look for Harding-Permann and contact people who might know of her whereabouts until the dispatch log ends just after 5:30 p.m. on Jan. 28.​
Woah...

So between 8:23 and 8:24 pm 3 deputies arrive and VanGuilder reports to dispatch that he is "unable to stay separated" from Amy. Does that mean he wasn't able to get away from her? So she was technically there when at least the first deputy arrived and maybe ran out a back door or something when she saw the cops?

That is the way I took it, that he couldn't get away from her.

And it sounds like she was there when the first officer arrived.

Jmo

Seems that way.

Yes, that seems to be what it says. IMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clue22349