Found Deceased MT - Amy Harding-Permann, 34, Great Falls, 26 Jan 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The area looks pretty rural, not likely someone came along and offered her a ride :(
Actually, people go missing pretty frequently in this area, particularly in the past few years among the native American population in Montana. I have no intention of defending the boyfriend but hear me out. He's a neurosurgeon at Benefits. She is the lead neurosurgery nurse in that OR. They work very closely on a day to day basis. It is in the best interest of both of them to get along and not cause trouble for each other. The 911 transcripts from that night have been released. To me it is completely plausible that she was drunk, violent and left of her own will on foot and accepted a ride from the first person who offered.

Actually, people go missing pretty frequently in this area, particularly in the past few years among the native American population in Montana. I have no intention of defending the boyfriend but hear me out. He's a neurosurgeon at Benefits. She is the lead neurosurgery nurse in that OR. They work very closely on a day to day basis. It is in the best interest of both of them to get along and not cause trouble for each other. The 911 transcripts from that night have been released. To me it is completely plausible that she was drunk, violent and left of her own will on foot and accepted a ride from the first person who offered.
She would have had to be picked up by that someone in about 2 minutes. And the odds of that someone harming her? Slim.

It makes a very little sense that Amy would get that drunk the Sunday night right before early day at work . Seemed that her career meant a lot to her. What possibly could upset her so much that was much more important (other than children) ??
We know nothing about Amy and who she was. Seems like a cold case already :(

It makes a very little sense that Amy would get that drunk the Sunday night right before early day at work . Seemed that her career meant a lot to her. What possibly could upset her so much that was much more important (other than children) ??

I’ve seen this a lot in my own professional life but people who seem to have great success in professional careers can still suffer from alcoholism or addiction. It doesn’t make them a bad person and they can often be exceptional at their jobs but suffer at home. I’m not saying that applies to Amy but I wouldn’t rule it out if LE verified what was on the call based on evidence found in the house at the time.

Was there any evidence at the house that she had been drinking? Was the engine warm in her car? Where did her phone ping in the 24 hours before she vanished? Where did her boyfriend's phone ping? Was there any work done on the house just before or right after she vanished? Was the river frozen solid? I mean, it's a Montana winter. Didn't the police cross the river on foot and check out an island? Surely they would have noticed a break in the ice, right?

Was there any evidence at the house that she had been drinking? Was the engine warm in her car? Where did her phone ping in the 24 hours before she vanished? Where did her boyfriend's phone ping? Was there any work done on the house just before or right after she vanished? Was the river frozen solid? I mean, it's a Montana winter. Didn't the police cross the river on foot and check out an island? Surely they would have noticed a break in the ice, right?

I believe they checked the island and the river.

As to your other questions,LE has never come out and said anything.

It's a big river. The island forms a narrower, shallower side channel where it is presumed LE crossed. There are docks and small boats available. Even where flowing the water is extremely cold, in the 32 to 40 degree F range. IMO

I've worked with functioning alcoholics (in jobs requiring high skill sets and education) and they will get drunk the night before a shift. I spent my years before I became a "fed" as an airline pilot. They don't look like "drunks" - many fit and healthy-looking but hiding a disease. It doesn't surprise me when I see pilots arrested for being drunk before a flight. It's not widespread by ANY means in aviation, but it's a disease that has no boundaries of education, skills, or background, especially in high-stress careers. We just hope those with addiction get help before they hurt themselves or others.

Last edited:
I know a lot of “Sunday Funday” people who drink on sundays at brunch or out on the boat which continues into the evenings. They still get up and are able to function at work. I’m not one of those people. Something about drinking on a Sunday gives me such anxiety. I stay home but if I woke up Monday, feeling like crap from drinking, and had to get my kids ready for school I’d feel like a giant lol. It’s just something I’m not ok with in myself. But I’m in the minority. I have plenty of people that I know who do it and they think I’m weird. So to me, her drinking on a Sunday before work isn’t that unusual.

I’d like to know if there was any evidence of her being “highly intoxicated” beyond her boyfriend’s claims. (Heard on 911, empty bottle, drinking glasses, etc) I wonder if he is claiming she was drinking alone?

I’d like to know if there was any evidence of her being “highly intoxicated” beyond her boyfriend’s claims. (Heard on 911, empty bottle, drinking glasses, etc) I wonder if he is claiming she was drinking alone?

Since LE has not come out and announced that the boyfriend is lying, I would assume that everything checked out in regards to the 911 call.

Jmo.

I am really really curious about all of the electronic data and online data they found.

I don't get the feeling that her bf did anything but then I also don't think she would have committed suicide.

Maybe she had a secret phone and called someone to come pick her up and something spiraled from there.

Jmo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back