Found Deceased MT - Amy Harding-Permann, 34, Great Falls, 26 Jan 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

You are loved and missed Amy.

If this would not have happened, I Just know you would have been on the front Medical line fighting for all. During this Covid-19 how crazy it is....

Glad they found you.
Your family can lay you to rest.

Peace
Steph10

I have had this thread open in my tabs since she went missing, checking every few days for an update. I'm not sure why it really struck a cord with me. I'm really sad this was the outcome but I'm glad her family can lay her to rest. I will be thinking of her family, friends and loved ones. RIP Amy.

Well that's a wrap. Good time for us to review what we sleuthed on this case.

A missing woman, who disappears after a fight with her rich boyfriend. He calls 911 to report the assault and that she is missing, and was headed towards the river. LE provides no evidence that backs up that she went near the river, with footprints etc. LE gets a search warrant for the boyfriends house. Not many other details released.

The limited information makes the doctor appear guilty in her disappearance, based on statistics of similar cases. But that is not good enough in the court of law, the court of Websleuths, and reality.

I know that I thought he was guilty. But I am usually cautious in my words. I looked back and I think this is the most damning thing I said, which I regret among a number of my posts. My apologies, Dr. VanGilder.

We know when the call about the assault was made, and we know when LE arrived at the house.

We do not know when Amy "assaulted" Dr. VanGilder.

I suspect LE will be looking at whether the doctor made any calls to his lawyer that afternoon or evening, prior to calling the police.

Note that my thought process changed when LE revealed that Amy was heard on the 911 call, which is information LE should have put out immediately IMO. Dr. VanGilder would not have been crucified on social media if this was put out there early on.

Yes - Why such a secrecy? None of our discussions about BF would have happened if LE would simply stated that Amy was heard on the phone or seen - even very briefly...It would help Dr reputation very much and right away and could stop speculations. But none of this was done.

Rest in peace Amy...

Rest In Peace, Amy.

Evidence that wasn’t previously released: Amy’s badge card and coffee card were found on the other side of the island. LE heard her moving on the island when they were searching for her.

I think LE did a good job in the PC explaining why more information wasn’t released. Until they found her they were operating as if this was a criminal investigation. Obviously a big hole in the ice points to accident but what if they found her with a gunshot wound? With serious injuries? You could have had manslaughter if not more serious charges.

I hope her family can put her to rest and find peace now. I also hope Dr VG can come to terms with what happened and move on with his life one day too.

Well that's a wrap. Good time for us to review what we sleuthed on this case.

A missing woman, who disappears after a fight with her rich boyfriend. He calls 911 to report the assault and that she is missing, and was headed towards the river. LE provides no evidence that backs up that she went near the river, with footprints etc. LE gets a search warrant for the boyfriends house. Not many other details released.

The limited information makes the doctor appear guilty in her disappearance, based on statistics of similar cases. But that is not good enough in the court of law, the court of Websleuths, and reality.

I know that I thought he was guilty. But I am usually cautious in my words. I looked back and I think this is the most damning thing I said, which I regret among a number of my posts. My apologies, Dr. VanGilder.

We know when the call about the assault was made, and we know when LE arrived at the house.

We do not know when Amy "assaulted" Dr. VanGilder.

I suspect LE will be looking at whether the doctor made any calls to his lawyer that afternoon or evening, prior to calling the police.

Note that my thought process changed when LE revealed that Amy was heard on the 911 call, which is information LE should have put out immediately IMO. Dr. VanGilder would not have been crucified on social media if this was put out there early on.

This is very respectful of you to post this, TNW. I think we have all had views of a particular case (some choose to be more 'throw a person under the bus' than others), but it's honourable when a person steps up to acknowledge past assumptions.

I really feel for the boyfriend, and I did long before Amy was found. There just wasn't the evidence to support what people were saying, only statistics non-related to her disappearance. The lack of information available should never be the reason we jump to assumptions - people's reputations and mental health are at stake, not to mention their community and career standing. I truly hope we as a community get better at this, and I include myself in that.

Yes - Why such a secrecy? None of our discussions about BF would have happened if LE would simply stated that Amy was heard on the phone or seen - even very briefly...It would help Dr reputation very much and right away and could stop speculations. But none of this was done.

Rest in peace Amy...

IMO like I said above, the lack of information should never be an excuse to justify how we view a case, and what we personally choose to put online. We have zero relevance to most cases (obviously with the exception of where we can provide helpful information to LE), so we shouldn't feel entitled to know everything relevant to an active case....though I'm like everyone else and we want the details, it's what interests us. However, I think individual responsibility comes into play here - what are we comfortable putting online, that may follow an innocent person for life? Potentially causing them harm and loss, just because of the actions of other people in other cases of missing/murdered individuals that are completely unrelated, and our own judgements?

Here is an updated Google Earth aerial shot, showing where Amy was last seen and the general location of the discovery. The distance between them is approximately six river miles.

Attachments

• Amy discovery Google Earth.jpg
    Amy discovery Google Earth.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 44
Rest In Peace, Amy.

Evidence that wasn’t previously released: Amy’s badge card and coffee card were found on the other side of the island. LE heard her moving on the island when they were searching for her.

I think LE did a good job in the PC explaining why more information wasn’t released. Until they found her they were operating as if this was a criminal investigation. Obviously a big hole in the ice points to accident but what if they found her with a gunshot wound? With serious injuries? You could have had manslaughter if not more serious charges.

I hope her family can put her to rest and find peace now. I also hope Dr VG can come to terms with what happened and move on with his life one day too.

Well, I think I'm more pissed now.

Amy was heard on the 911 call.

LE was on the island an hour after the 911 call. They found her items on the island and thought they heard her that night. They found a hole in the ice in the main channel consistent with someone falling through. I think LE was way over the top in protecting the incredibly remote possibility of foul play.

How could this have be been pulled off by anyone other than Amy?

I would never want go through what Dr. VanGilder did. He shouldn't have had to.

Well now Good Dr VanGilder can now put rumors to rest.
IMO hospital and inner-circle of associates were much harder on the rumors and side eye.
Then this thread.
I am sure Dr. V will never forget.
A tragic love Story

However this Corvid-19 virus has his full attention as does the rest of the community.

Very sad and I will think of this case as I ponder what could of been.
Stress can be a silent killer My Friend.....

Our Medial Community across the Nation needs our support more than ever now.

I wish Amy would have recieved that support.
She was running from something even if you could not see the silent killer.
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bunny1998#
Back