Found Deceased MT - Katelynn Berry, 26, last seen @ home, suspicious, Sidney, 21 Dec 2021 *Reward*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Chief of Police of Sidney just gave a PC. She was found at 9:20 this morning. He's not giving out anymore information or taking questions.

ETA: The volunteers met at 8am this morning, signed in, had a briefing ,and then were taken by bus to the location. I'm stunned at how fast they found her.

Last edited:
This is so sad but to be expected. But since they did a grid search in the area, I’m assuming they had reason to believe that’s where her body was and the fact that they didn’t want family and friends to help.
Someone helping to co-ordinate the search said this morning before the searchers went out that they were starting the search at her apartment and working out.

:(:(:(

JAN 20, 2022
Possible developments in the search for Katelynn Berry (kfyrtv.com)

... it wasn’t long after starting that a volunteer search team discovered what appeared to be human remains.

Authorities stayed at the scene throughout the day to document the area.

“At this time, no identification of those remains have been made however further search efforts have been suspended at this time,” said Sidney Police Chief Mark Kraft,.

Search for missing Sidney woman suspended after human remains found (krtv.com)
Sidney Police Chief Mark Kraft said during a news conference that the remains were discovered at about 9:20 a.m., and that law enforcement officers and detectives have secured and are processing the scene.

Kraft did not give any indication as to whether criminal activity is suspected at this point, nor did he disclose exactly where the remains were found, other than that it was "not far" from her home.

JAN 20, 2022
Searchers find body in Sidney, believed to be missing woman (kbzk.com)
Update 8:20 p.m.

Around 9:20 a.m. Thursday, human remains were found a few hundred yards from the residence of Katelynn Berry, a Sidney woman who has been missing for the past four weeks.

[...]

Inclement weather had prevented authorities from thoroughly searching the area initially.

“The authorities did not want people out with ice and snow-covered terrain cause somebody could easily get hurt,” Berryman said.

[...]

I will close it out with this, the parents loved their daughter as we have all witnessed. They desperately wanted to find their daughter. They knew their daughter sometimes did her own thing, so despite this time feeling different and trying to find her they reached out for help. I know this was a hard decision for them to make. They did the right thing. The Police Departments in this country take an oath to protect and serve. They are funded by taxpayer money and they are here to protect and serve us all. Everyone was willing to do whatever it took to help them Bring Katelynn Home, and they succeeded in that mission. This is not the conclusion anyone wanted but it is the end result for this family. They will be forever grateful, and forever changed. They did not ask to be thrown into the spotlight and answered every question thrown at them. They were willing to speak publicly about personal things that are not always easy to say out loud. While they have closure there are still answers, the healing has not even begun and they will continue to suffer from this devastation. I pray that having their daughter back brings them comfort. I shout loudly to those who volunteered their time to make it happen. It took an entire village of people to accomplish this and i hope they pat themselves on the back for stepping up for this family. We have all been touched by her disappearance and it has made us all take a moment to think about how we would handle this. A beautiful young life is over, a family is in grief, and the rest of us are just truly sad! Now is a time for reflection for the rest of us. If mental health played into this outcome i hope they speak out, i hope they write a book, i hope they make it their cause. Mental Health issues are on the rise and we all need to have empathy and compassion for those who deal with this issue and suffer in silence. At the right time, if indeed this this is what led to this tragedy, they could honor Katelynn by speaking to those who might also be affected and living silently as a loved one suffers. Being the parent to a young adult is not always easy, their freedom and what is available at a moments notice has kept many parents up nights. So glad Katelynn was brought home!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat
Back