Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the multiple posts.

Does anyone else find it strange that she was wearing dark clothes to run in the dark, and there hasn't been (or maybe there has been, and I've missed it) mention of reflective gear? Unless the clothing itself had reflective markings, and that just hasn't been described much (or again I could've missed it). JMO.

Yes, I definitely find it strange. Even if her sneakers had those reflector thingies, it still seems like alot of dark clothes to go out running in the pitch dark......

I also wonder about her kids. I haven't seen any family or media confirmation that they were even home that morning. It was a Saturday, so it's possible they had each stayed the previous night at friend's houses or something. I just keep wondering if they were home, did they hear or see either Sherry or her husband get up and leave?

I ended up running in the dark once last month, and accidentally wore black with no reflective stuff(it was sunny when I left on a short run, and got dark fast). I almost got hit 3 times, never again. I also never run with my phone, as my armband is for an Iphone 3, not 4. Once I had a 4 it didn't fit, and I haven't killed myself getting a new armband. I really need to fix that,too.

She may have thought the sun was coming up soon and it wouldn't be a problem for long.

My husband and I are close to her age, and we workout separately without really communicating much about the when, where,why's, and hows. His workout is not for me, and vice versa. I am an exercise science major, and working on yoga instructor training, so I have to be more dedicated than him. I believe she coached so she would have been more serious about fitness too, right?

I workout different ways at different times of the year. I run hardcore when it's warmer, taper off over the colder months, and then pick it up again around now for a big race I do on St. Patrick's day. If you do the same thing all of the time, the body gets used to it and doesn't progress, with the exception of yoga, or if you lift consecutively heavier weights or more reps. So she may not have been a consistent runner due to a cross training schedule.

I don't know if any of you spotted this, but:

Clicking through on the link provided earlier to the FBI page on Sherry, if you click through to her picture it does mention that missing from her possessions was also an iPod, assuming she did go on the run with dark clothing and a mp3 device, she may of almost been run over by someone and not hearing any traffic she may of got into an argument with someone.

Sherry Whited Papineau Arnold was last seen at approximately 6:30 am, Saturday, January 7, 2012, as she went on her normal morning run in Sidney, Montana. She was last known to be wearing running clothes, mittens, earbuds and a greyish-blue mini iPod. One of Sherry's running shoes was found during an inital search of the area where it is believed she disappeared.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/sherry-whited-papineau-arnold

Ahh beat me to it Liltexans :)

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1201/10/ijvm.01.html

Here's a link to the transcript of JVM's conversation with Sherry's husband from the other night. Tonight's isn't up yet. He tries to explain the cancer and surgery she had had on her foot/leg. I do think this part is a little interesting...I hadn't remembered him saying this:

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, when did you become alarmed? How long -- sometimes people can jog for a long time. At what point did you decide, oh, my gosh, she`s missing, and I better go look for her or call the cops?

ARNOLD: I don`t know the exact time, but I`d have to think through everything I did that morning. But I do know that a half hour would have been about the time I expected her to run. If sometimes she did a long run, which is about six miles, it takes an hour. When an hour passed, I was a little irritated because she didn`t tell me she was taking a long run. And -- but it was nothing unusual.

How could she have told him she was going for a long run if he didn't talk to her that morning? And he was a little irritated, but it "was nothing unusual"? idk......

I guess I just find it odd that she didn't leave a quick note for husband and kids. I always tell someone or leave a note if I am going somewhere and my kids are asleep. Even if they are teens. Especially if she wasn't taking her cell. It just seems odd that nobody communicated with anyone else that morning.

Here's a link to the transcript of JVM's conversation with Sherry's husband from the other night. Tonight's isn't up yet. He tries to explain the cancer and surgery she had had on her foot/leg. I do think this part is a little interesting...I hadn't remembered him saying this:

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, when did you become alarmed? How long -- sometimes people can jog for a long time. At what point did you decide, oh, my gosh, she`s missing, and I better go look for her or call the cops?

ARNOLD: I don`t know the exact time, but I`d have to think through everything I did that morning. But I do know that a half hour would have been about the time I expected her to run. If sometimes she did a long run, which is about six miles, it takes an hour. When an hour passed, I was a little irritated because she didn`t tell me she was taking a long run. And -- but it was nothing unusual.

How could she have told him she was going for a long run if he didn't talk to her that morning? And he was a little irritated, but it "was nothing unusual"? idk......

I thought she told him she wasn't taking a run at all?

My mother died in hospice several months ago while I was holding her hand. I had been instructed to ring for the nurse if she stopped breathing but I was so overwhelmed, that went completely out of my head and I just sat there for about ten minutes holding her hand.

Her doctor came in and asked "how is Mrs {lastname} this morning?" and I said "she's dead."

The doctor looked absolutely stunned and I gave a nervous giggle. I didn't feel like laughing and I certainly wasn't laughing at him. I was just so overwhelmed that my nervous laugh escaped. It was just a reflex.

I'm glad the doctor didn't seem to take offence or find it abnormal in any way.

GrainneDhu, I'm still catching up on posts, but had to say how much I can relate to your post. I lost my dad just over a week ago. In the days before and since he died of cancer, I would sometimes sit thinking about him, and laugh aloud or smile at something I remembered he said or did. Afterwards, I would feel guilty for having such a lighthearted moment at such a serious time. But, when we're in a stressful situation like that, our emotions tend to get away from us. We laugh/smile at a memory, or when we really feel like crying. A laugh may even be an attempt to restrain ourselves from bursting into tears. I can imagine that as the reaction of a man who is terribly uncomfortable with crying on camera.

Exactly. My husband and daughter run in the mornings. I would be able to describe the running shoes to a "T," but I probably could not give an exact description of their clothing if I had not seen them directly in the morning. I could probably rule out a lot of clothes by process of elimination for my husband, but I would feel really uncomfortable giving a "guesstimation" description in that case. Unless the police just pressed for it, I suppose. :waitasec:

Maybe the wording could have been something like, "probable dress of missing woman is blue sweatshirt.......etc....". Because I have not read/heard any definitive answer to this.

No new information in this article, but a few more quotes.

"I think the FBI is on top of it, as much as they can be," said Gary Arnold, adding that he believed his wife's running route has been "very, very thoroughly searched."
"They're going to do the right thing and ask the right questions from the right people. We just need to get that one tip."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/12/justice/montana-missing-mother/?hpt=us_c2

My interpretation of GA's words is that he didn't know whether Sherry was taking a half-hour or one-hour run that morning, so he didn't worry until Sherry had been gone a full hour and didn't return. I think feeling a little irritated when someone is late is normal. I know I feel irritated when someone's later than I expect because I worry that something is wrong. JMO

I wonder what would prompt a whirlwind of rumors???

I don't know, but it is a small town so it might just be that. We saw the same thing with the Holly Bobo case at the beginning too. Every few days someone on Facebook would declare that Holly had been found. Of course it was never true. She's from an even smaller town and everyone talks and spreads rumors and then they just seem to take flight on Facebook.

If she was running with her i-pod, and it hasn't been found, then I doubt she was hit by a car. Why would a shoe come off but not her i-pod. Even if someone grabbed her and took her in the car after the accident, I doubt they would find the i-pod at that point, in the dark.

I am still leaning towards thew shoe being placed there as a staging prop of some kind.

Sidney on Edge: Search Continues for Missing Montana Math Teacher Sherry Arnold

Authorities in the northeastern Montana town of Sidney spent today going door-to-door in their community, hoping to find clues about where 43-year-old Sherry Arnold might be.

On Wednesday FBI agents went back to the school where Sherry Arnold teaches math they interviewed the entire faculty. They are tracing the path she jogged before she disappeared Saturday, checking surveillance cameras. Tips from the public even have cops scrutinizing the travel plans of people who might know something anything.

http://www.kfbb.com/news/local/Sidn...ana-Math-Teacher-Sherry-Arnold-137225688.html

My interpretation of GA's words is that he didn't know whether Sherry was taking a half-hour or one-hour run that morning, so he didn't worry until Sherry had been gone a full hour and didn't return. I think feeling a little irritated when someone is late is normal. I know I feel irritated when someone's later than I expect because I worry that something is wrong. JMO

My point was I thought she had told him the night before she was NOT going running at all...so why would he say she hadn't told him it would be a long run? Or am I wrong??

I don't know, but it is a small town so it might just be that. We saw the same thing with the Holly Bobo case at the beginning too. Every few days someone on Facebook would declare that Holly had been found. Of course it was never true. She's from an even smaller town and everyone talks and spreads rumors and then they just seem to take flight on Facebook.

I think so, it's a small-town phenomenon. I believe the same thing happened with that young woman in Ohio who disappeared--Katelyn Markham, I believe was her name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141